Distractions

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin sat in the practice room blankly.

Back leaning against the broad mirror with his legs propped up. His forearms rested against his knees while he stared at the door mindlessly. His body was almost motionless, the only movement being from the thumb of his right hand. 

His thumb moved back and forth along the cuticle of his middle finger. Despite the minimal pressure that was applied, his nail was still able to pick at, and eventually break the skin at the base of fingernail. There was a light layer of exposed flesh due to the picking, but he didn't even notice the sting of it because of the daze he was in. The nail of his thumb was scraping against the flesh for so long that there was even a light streak of blood at the top of it. 

He's not coming... Is he?

As that thought finally hit, his trance was quickly broken. The movements of his thumb stopping almost instantly before his eyes darted away from the door.

How long had he been waiting here? It had been so long that his once sweat drenched body had dried up do to the long period of time that he simply didn't do anything. It had been so long that the ticking of the clock on the wall had fallen into the background because he had grown so used to it disturbing the silence. It had been so long that he knew if he moved a limb his body would feel a weird, temporary soreness. He had been waiting for so long, only to be met with nothing.

It just made him feel like such a fool. How could he just sit around and wait for him? How could he be stupid enough to waste his time like that? 

Sighing softly he slowly got up from his seat, and as he suspected his body rejected the sudden movement at first, but when he got up he made his way to the stereo. Taking his phone from on top of it he opened the device only to be met with more disappointment. It seemed that the older didn't even bother telling him that he was just planning to be late or bail all together. 

Opening up his conversation with the other, he even went as far as typing up 'Where are you?' to the older, but only ended up deleting it before being able to send the text. 

Stop being ridiculous... Hoseok hyung doesn't want to see you...

That was the only thing that went through his mind. But he had to think more logically. They planned to practice so they could help the other members when they had to practice as a group. He wouldn't just bail solely because of the fact that he didn't want to see Jimin. It seemed so unprofessional.

Putting the phone back on the stereo he let out another sigh as he decided to just practice by himself like he had been earlier. It's not like he needed the older to practice.

Bringing his hand up to the the rewind button, he brought the song back to the beginning before his finger made it's way to the play button. However, before he could even push the button the door suddenly burst open causing the lead vocalist to whip his head in that direction to see what had just happened. Looking at the door, his eyes widened a bit as he saw who was on the other side of the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" The older spit out in between his ragged breaths. "Tae was holding me back, and I didn't even realize the time." He admitted as he hunched over to catch his breath. 

Jimin didn't say anything as he watched the main dancer mindlessly. He didn't even know what to feel anymore, he just felt blank. After all the waiting and the mopping, all the hurt had gotten out of his system. He felt like getting mad, but he didn't. The older was here, and it seemed he had ran here if anything from how tired and breathless he seemed. Maybe he should be happy? The fact that the older rushed all the way here for him. But then again, he couldn't feel happy because he was so damn late. Also, the only reason why he was so late was because of no one other than Taehyung.

Not even waiting for the older to gather himself, the lead vocalist turned to the stereo once again and pressed the play button. 

As the music started to blast and fill up the entire room, he heard the rapper say something but he couldn't really make it out. Deciding to ignore it, he continued to make his way to the center of the practice room. 

Closing his eyes, he tried to forget about everything that just happened. He tried to ignore the older, forget that he was late, forget that he was spending his time with Taehyung. He wanted to forget about the fact that he was with Taehyung before the hurt from earlier came back. 

Taking a deep breath he let his eyes flicker open before his body started to move with the music. The choreography of the song coming to him easily as he had practiced it so many times before the older had showed up. 

It was going well so far, he was able to forget about the others presence and just concentrate on the dance. But that was until the older came into his peripheral vision, the hurt he tried to avoid suddenly hit him like a truck. 

Does Taehyung mean that much to him?

Do I really mean nothing to him?

Does he want to be with Taehyung so badly that he'd even choose him over dance?

Does he really not want to be with me to the point that he'd skip dance?

Numerous amounts of negativity filled up his mind to the point that he couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted to clear his head and not think about the situation like that, but he couldn't help it. Biting down on his bottom lip, he tried to erase the thoughts for the second time. His moves became more hard, his dancing becoming more emotional even. 

Jimin was abruptly stopped though, when the music suddenly came to a complete stop. Whipping his head in direction of the stereo, he saw Hoseok standing by it with his finger at the stop button.

"What the ? Why did you stop it?" He practically screamed, taking himself aback by the sudden outburst. J-Hope also seemed to be quite shocked by how infuriated the younger was simply becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter