Remember Me

Farewell...

Junsu' POV

She's still sound asleep. I slowly got off the bed, trying not to disturb her. I went to the kitchen and got down to business. There were piles of sticky notes on the kitchen counter. I took out a pen and started penning down some stuff.

After about 30 minutes i began sticking them onto the kitchen furniture and appliances.

"Junsu ah" i turned around and saw her walking towards me while rubbing her eyes cutely. I reached my arms out and she leant her body on mine.

"Morning baby, did you sleep well last night?" i asked her while brushing her fringe away from her eyes.

She opened her eyes slightly and gave me a nod. She rested her head on my shoulders.

"Junsu ah, what's all this?" she said while pointing to the colourful sticky notes all over the kitchen.

"These are for you."

"For me?"

"Mmm. So you won't forget where the things are."

I watched her as she went over to read every single sticky note.

'Microwave. Fridge. Blender. Paper towels. Cutlery. Pots. Plates. Dishwashing soap. Knives. Rice cooker. Kettle. Medicine box. Toaster. Cups. Pantry.'

"What's this?" she said before picking up a pink sticky note that i pasted on the door of the knife drawer, "Be careful of the sharp objects! You might hurt yourself."

She turned towards me and gave me a smile. "When did you do all this?"

"This morning, while you were sleeping."

"Pabo ah, you didn't have to do all this you know," she pouted.

I kissed her pout, "But i want to. For you."

"Cheesy."

"Only for you," i chuckled.


*


Days became weeks and weeks became months. We've been battling this disease together for 13 months now. Yes, 13 months, more than what the doctors had predicted. It's been difficult, yes, i can't deny. Her condition has worsened. She needs someone to be with her 24/7. I don't allow her to go out alone these days. I'm not trying to control her, but its for her own good. She can't even remember where our home is anymore. The last time she went alone, she was missing for 3 hours. She had forgotten what street our home was on.

She's forgetting about me as well. Once i got back home at around one in the morning. She rushed out from our room and looked at me for a while. She kept staring at me. She had a worried look on her face. Suddenly she burst into a smile and grabbed onto my arm.

"Oh, Junsu ah!"  

Did it really take her that long to recognise me? Is she forgetting me? She promised me she wouldn't forget me. But its not her say is it?

I'm scared. Either way, she's going to leave me. Time is running out for her. I try to make smile everyday, but its hard when she has difficulty in remembering me. She treats me almost like a stranger. Every day is a new day for her, literally.

Waking up in the same bed as me is a scare to her.

Having me tell her i love her is a doubt to her.

Sitting next to me at the dining table is awkward for her.

She doesn't say all this, but i can tell from the look in her eyes. Her eyes aren't the same anymore. Lifeless is what they are. I pray everyday, hoping that she won't forget me, forget us. Will she still want to be with me, a person whom is a stranger to her then?

 

 

-END OF CHAPTER-

 

Hellooooo~~ Wasn't this a super short chapter??? Yes, the story is ending. Boohoo :<

But don't worry, most probably i'll write another fanfic. Maybe Yun Jae?? Hehe YunJae ftw!! :D

Subscribe and comment please <3

Bye bye.