The Truth

Farewell...

Junsu's POV

'Good job Junsu ah. You made her trust you again. You successfully made her open up to you again. This time, you won't be the one sufferring, she will. She'll soon feel the pain you once went through. When that time comes, she'll regret for ever leaving you.'

I was in my car, driving back home from her apartment. She totally fell for my trick. She sounded so guilty when she talked to me. We agreed to meet up again next week, for a date. To her it might be a date, but to me, its just another part of my plan. She intends to visit the town that she had stayed for the past two years. She says she misses that place. I bet that's all a lie, i bet she misses her lover, Changmin. She thinks she can two-time me? Well, she's wrong. If anyone is going to get their heart broken, its going to be her.

*

Your POV

My love for him has deepened ever since that night. Its been five days since we last saw each other and i miss him terribly. I can't wait for this weekend, we're going back to the town that i used to live in two years ago. I miss everyone there. I miss Changmin, i miss the other doctors and nurses. I can't wait. I'm planning to bring Junsu sightseeing around the town. Maybe we could use that time to catch up on old stuff. I want him to open up to me again. I miss the old Junsu. I miss the old us, and i'll do whatever i can to make things better.


-TWO DAYS LATER-


Junsu's going to pick me up at 12noon today. I'm done packing my stuff and i'm currently waiting for him to call me. I pretty nervous. I'll be the first time i'll be going back to the hospital as a healthy person, not a cancer-sticken patient. I told Changmin that i'll be visiting the hospital today and i made lots of food for him. He was delighted to hear that i made food for him. Suddenly i heard my phone ring.

"Oh, Junsu ah? Have you arrived? Okay, i'll make my way down now."


*


"You should take a nap, its going to be a long journey." Junsu said as he began to drive off.

"It's okay, i'm not tired. By the way, thanks for accompanying me. I appreciate it." Junsu didn't say anything but he just nodded and flashed me a smile.

"What did you bring? I saw you bring down a big paper bag. What's inside?"

"Oh, that. Its just food for Changmin and the other doctors. You still remember Changmin right?"

"Of course, of course i do, how can i forget him."


*

We arrived at the hospital and i immediately went in, with Junsu following me from behind.

"Where is your friend?" Junsu asked.

"He's probably in his office. Come on, i'll bring you there," i said as i led him to Changmin's office.

"You seem to know this place well? You've been here before?"

"Huh? Oh, yes. A few times only," i lied. 'I've been here for more than two years. Of course i know this place like the back of my hand.'

I gently knocked on the door and popped my head in. Changmin was at his desk, looking all serious.

"Doctor Changmin!~~" i screamed as i ran inside. He nearly dropped his pen when he heared my loud voice.

"You silly girl! You scared me. Now where's my food?"

I stopped in my tracks and pouted, "Yah, the first thing you ask from me is food? Where's my hello and hug?"

He came up to me and hugged me tightly before letting go and taking the paper bag from my hands. That food monster.

"Enjoy your meal Changmin ah. By the way, i brought my friend along with me. I hope you don't mind."


Junsu's POV

My hands tightened into a fist when i saw her hugging that Changmin guy. How dare she. Did she bring me here so i can see her hugging some other man? I snapped out of my thoughts when i heard her call my name.

"Junsu ah. Junsu?"

I looked up and she was standing in front of me waving her hands, "What's wrong? I called you a few times but you didn't respond. Are you okay?" she was about to put her hand on my forehead but i stopped her, "I'm fine."

"Okay then, here, my friend wants to meet you." She pulled me into the office where i saw that Changmin guy busy eating. He stood up and bowed to me, and i bowed in return.

"Junsu ah, i'll go say hi to the other doctors and nurses for a while okay? Stay here with Changmin and wait till i come back okay?" she said before leaving me alone with that Changmin guy. Just looking at him pisses me off. What does she see in him anyway? I'm more better looking, i'm richer, i'm cuter. What did she leave me for him?

"You should deserve an award for this," i said coldly to Changmin.

"Excuse me? I'm sorry, i don't really get what you're trying to say."

"Its only been a two weeks since she left this place and you've got her crawling back here."

"I think you've misunderstood the situation. I didn't ask her to come. She willingly came back to visit us."

"Us? I think you meant to say come back to visit you."

"Look, Kim Junsu-ssi, you should settle things between yourself and                instead of accusing innocent people."

"Innocent? You took her away from me, so don't pretend you did nothing wrong," i hissed at him.

"Okay fine, i'll tell you the truth. The truth of what happened two years ago. Even though                told me to keep it a secret, i can't bear to see her suffer anymore. You better listen hard, because i'm only going to say this once. Two years ago, she came to the hospital that i use to work in Seoul because she complained of frequent migraines. That was the first time i ever met her. She was my patient and i was her doctor. I did some tests on her and i found out that she had a tumour in her brain. It turned out to be brain cancer. She was hesistant to receive treatment at first, but one day she said that if i did a favour for her, she'd undergo the treatment. That favour....that favour was to help her break up with you. She asked me to stage the entire incident at the club that night two years ago. Her being drunk, the kiss, it was all a plan. She told me she didn't want you to take care of a sickly person. She didn't want to be a burden to you anymore. Her health was on the line, so i agreed. After that night, we drove here, to this hospital. She's been receiving treatment from this hospital for two years. She underwent surgery and chemotherapy here. She's suffered a lot these past two years. She cried non-stop because of the pain. She lost so much weight. But luckily now, she's cancer free, yet there's still a chance for the cancer to return. Thats why she needs to eat her medicine regularly. I'm sorry for telling all of this to you suddenly, but i felt that you had the right to know."

'Cancer? She's been sick all these while? You mean she didn't leave me because she stopped loving me? She left because she was sick and didn't want to be a burden to me? She's been lying to me all this while.'

I could feel my knees weaken and tears escaping my eyes. I couldn't be in this place anymore.
I forced myself up and walked out of Changmin's office. My heart felt like like was being stomped on continuously. I saw her chatting with a few nurses at the counter. She looked so happy. How could she do that to me? I could've taken care of her. I would drop everything i had just to take care of her. How could she go through that painful journey alone? Did she not trust me?

I swiftly wiped away my tears and walked past her. I stopped when she grabbed hold of my arms.

"Junsu ah? Where are you going?"

I didn't reply to her and instead just walked off. I couldn't bear to look at her. Not now. Not when i've been planning to do evil things to her. I felt so guitlty all of a sudden. I wanted to hold her tight and tell her i loved her, but i just couldn't. I was afraid. I was afraid of losing her again.

I went back to my car and drove off back to Seoul, leaving her all alone again.

 

-END OF CHAPTER-

Super duper short update today. I know the storyline for this chapter is a bit fast. I'll make it better in the next chapters. Bye bye :D

Comment and subscribe pleaseeee!!!~~