The Introduction

Farewell...

Your POV

Hello cold world. My name is              . I'm 20 years old this year. I live with my best friend, Tiffany Hwang and her parents. My parents died when I was 4 and i've been living with them ever since. Uncle Inhwan and Auntie Kyung Eun were my parents two closest friends. They decided to take custody of me instead of handing me over to my relatives. They weren't out to separate me from my relatives or anything like that. They cared so much for me. They clothed and fed me. They even gave me a playmate, Tiffany, their daughter. When we walked to school when we were younger, almost everyone thought we were twins. I'm grateful to Tiffany for 'sharing' her parents with me. But as always, there was a difference in the way Uncle Inhwan and his wife treated me and Tiffany. Who could blame them. Tiffany was their flesh and blood, while i was just an....outsider.

I've just graduated from school and i'm was offered a job in IV Company, the most successful company in Korea. I've worked so hard to reach where i am today. I rejected almost every boy that came in my way. I liked boys, don't get me wrong, but none of them every gave me a sense of security and none of them made me feel loved. I yearn for that kind of tingling sensation when you fall in love. I want to be loved as well.


Nobody's POV

-In the meeting room-

"Okay, since all of you have gathered here, i have a piece of good news to announce," the CEO of IV Company said. His name is Jung Yunho. He owns various pieces of land in Korea and not to mention he's single.

"Our company has managed to clinched a deal with a few artistes and they have agreed to be the face of our company. I'm sure that this will give a boost in our sales and further assure the public that we, IV Company, are second to none!" Jung Yunho said in a stern yet confident tone. "            !"


Your POV

I heard my name being called and i immediately stopped twirling my pen with my fingers. I looked up and almost every one of my colleagues had their eyes on me. My colleague nudged me at my shoulders and pointed me towards Mr Jung's direction. I could feel his piercing stare on me. I swallowed every ounc of moisture that was in my mouth as i stood up.

"Y..Yes, Mr J..Jung??" I said while straighting my outfit. I thought i was going to faint anytime soon with Mr Jung staring into my soul like that.

"Were you listening to what i was saying? Or what that pen of yours more entertaining?" Mr Jung said.

I could hear some female staff giggling away. Those rotten women. If this company didn't give me a good salary, i would've left ages ago. I wouldn't have to put up with these people who constantly accuse me of things i never did. I snapped back to reality and quickkly answered Mr Jung before he lost his temper even more.

"Sorry sir. I couldn't catch what you were saying. I promised i wouldn't do it again." I felt like a child being scolded by her mother. As the tension in the room started to die down, Mr Jung repeated what he had said earlier on.

"As i was saying, Ms           will be in charge of the advertisements regarding the celebrities. She will be put in full control and everyone under this project will report to her. I will not repeat this again. Is that clear? Meeting's over, all of you can return back to work." I was relieved that the 30 minutes of hell was over, I was about to leave the meeting room when Mr Jung stopped me by the wrist. I was too shocked to even react. Was he going to scold me for day dreaming? Or was he going to do something worse?

I was too scared to even look at Mr Jung. As handsome as he was, his temper always got in the way. My female colleagues always thought i was trying to get Mr Jung's attention. But trust me, i am definitely not that type of girl who appears to be shy and weak in front of guys. I don't need their sympathy. I'm strong and i'm proud of it.

"One more time that happens, and trust me, your job here is gone. You hear me? I'm giving you this chance to prove yourself. Screw this deal up and you're a goner." I backed away from Mr Jung, just in case one of the staff saw us and start spreading rumours.  If anyone heard my conversation with Mr Jung, they might have thought i slept my way up to my position as an advertising director. I depended on my own skills and talent. Nothing more. But who could stop those gossip mongers from using cheap and dirty rumours to malign me?

"Y..Yes Mr Jung. I won't let you down," i said while trying not to freak out in front of the tall Mr Jung. As i left the meeting room i swore i saw Mr Jung wink at me. Or was i imagining it?


NEXT DAY-


Your POV

"Oh no, i'm late again! Mr Jung will sure kill me this time." He had let me off countless times because i live outside Seoul. But i wasn't sure about this time. Today Mr Jung and I had scheduled to meet JYJ, one of the many artistes that were to be the face of our company. Mr Jung clearly told me to be at the recording studio at 9am sharp. And here i am, in a cab at 8:50am. To make things worse, there's a jam. Can my life get any worse? Wait, scratch that, i don't even want to know the answer to that question.

"Ahjussi, can you please stop here? I'll get off here." I paid the cab driver and ran off towards the distance of the recording studio. Being the athletic sort, running almost 2km wasn't much of a deal. But in a white dress and in heels, it WAS a big deal. I could see the studio in sight as i continued running. Beads of perspiration trickled down my face. I was in no mood to look pretty. Securing my job and future was more important. I wanted to move out from the Hwang's as soon as possible. I enjoyed living there but it was time i learned to be independent.

I ran across the run without looking left or right. Suddenly i saw a series of bright white lights and i was knocked down. My documents were scattered all over the road and my knee was bleeding. The people in the car ran out to check if i was okay. I was still kneeling on the road trying to pick up my documents.


Junsu's POV

I was listening to my mp3 when suddenly my manager pulled the brakes on the car. My body jerked forward, but i was unharmed. My manager rushed out to see if he had hit anything. I, too, was curious about the situation so i decided to take a look as well.

I saw a young girl in her mid-twenties in a white dress. She almost looked like an angel, if not for the sweat running down her face and her bleeding knee. I went up to her and almost as if i was being controlled, i brushed her fringe from her eyes with my fingers. She had the most beautiful eyes i had ever seen. She had pink cheeks and red lips. She was panting heavily so i assumed she must had been running all this while.

"Agassi, chewnchanayeo??" I tried to say in slowly just in case she couldn't comprehend me. But before i could do anything else, she stood up and ran away, taking all with her all the pieces of paper that were scattered on the road earlier on. I was too shocked to even react. How could she still run that fast despite a wounded knee?

"Junsu-ah, palli! Get back into the car. We're gonna be late if we stay here any longer," Yoochun hyung said to me while still inside the car. I rushed back into the car and fastened my seatbelt.
"Kaja, manager hyung."


Your POV

I tried to ignore the stinging sensation in my knee as i tried to pick up my documents. Suddenly i felt someone brushed my fringe. I looked up and saw a young man looking down at me with a worried expression.

"Agassi, chewnchanayeo??" was the only thing that registered in my mind. He looked so familiar, as i f i had seen him before. I looked at my watch, 8:56am. I forced myself to get up and started running again. I couldn't care less about the accident. I started to slow down when i arrived at the studio's entrance. I looked the the reflection of the huge glass doors. I brushed off the dirt on my dress and fixed my hair. I took a deep breath and walked into the studio as if nothing ever happened.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry for being late. My name is            . Nice to meet you." I said while trying not to make eye contact with my boss. The artists were already here and they greeted me back as well. Wow, i couldn't believe how handsome they were. My attention was diverted to this cute looking guy when he suddenly said, "Oh, its you!!"