Nowhere to Go

Personal Maid

 

 

 

“Who the hell are you?”


“I’ll be living here from now on” I replied, trying to keep calm, “I’m your new maid.” His lips have such a nice pink tone, but it was too close, just inches away from mine.


He examined my face, eyes moving towards my swollen cheek, “I don’t know what my old man is up to but I don’t need a new maid so get out. And I especially don’t need someone who will be living here other than me.”


I let out a sigh, “You haven’t changed one bit.” How can someone still be so rude even after 11 years?


Sehun smirked, “I don’t know why you’re acting like we know each other but I am serious, get out. Stop making me repeat myself”


I swallowed down the lump in my throat and clenched my teeth to hold back my tears. ‘get out’ seems to be all I’m hearing today.


I took a deep breath to steady my voice but it still came out a bit shaky, “F-fine,” I said and pulled my hand away from his grip. Damn my pride, always ruining me in moments like these.


I walked out of his room and made my way downstairs. That bastard, does he think I’m happy to be his personal maid or something? I kicked the door shut behind me as I left the house.


Where do I go now?

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

After I heard the front door shut I fell back into my bed. That stupid old man, what kind of tricks are he pulling now so early in the morning. I turned to glance at the clock hanging on my wall, oh wait, it’s already the afternoon. But that is still too early for a Sunday.


As I closed my eyes to fall back asleep, I felt a vibration coming from my phone.


An incoming call from the old man. Without any hesitation, I immediately rejected it. Then two texts came through, ‘Oh Sehun, how dare you reject my call’ and ‘you better call me back or I’m cancelling your card’.


“Not this again” I sighed and pressed the ‘dial’ button.


“Yoboseyo?”

 

I put my phone on loud speaker and rolled over.


“Yoboseyo? Sehun? Are you there?”


I closed my eyes again and remained silent.


“Sehun if you don’t talk right now I’m going to immediately cancel your card!”


Seriously, why is everyone bothering me today? It’s Sunday for goodness sake. “What?” I finally answered.


“Did you kick Hae Young out?”


“Why did you hire her as the new maid?” I asked, a little irritated.


“Well if you didn’t fire all the other maids then I wouldn’t have to hire her!”


“Old man you think I didn’t know that you only hired those maids to spy on me? I know they report the things I do back to you.”


“Well, that’s…” he cleared his throat, “Anyways, where is Hae Young now?”


I let out a little chuckle, “Did you think I wouldn’t kick her out just because we used to live next door to her family? And what is wrong with you? Are you planning to spy on me 24/7 now? How can you decide to let a maid sleep here?”


“OH SEHUN! Are you being serious? I can’t believe you right now! Hae Young isn’t another one of my spies, she is staying there because she has nowhere else to go!”


“Stop messing around with me, I don’t have time for your games. And even if she has nowhere to go, what does that have to do with me?”


The line when silent for a while. Who does this old fart think I am… a saint?

“Oh Sehun, I’m going to track down Hae Young’s location and send it to you. If you don’t bring her back into the house by 9pm tonight, I will sell your house and make you move back in with me.”


Before I could make any more complaints, he had hung up. I kicked the blanket off me feeling all frustrated, why is my life getting so troublesome. I got off my bed and lazily dragged myself downstairs. Seriously this old man of mine, is he going insane? Why the hell would he let a girl stay at my house? Do I not look like a healthy 17 year old boy to him? I reached for an icepack in the freezer remembering her swollen cheek and let out a sigh. What on earth did she get herself into now?


‘Tch’. I clicked my tongue and threw the ice pack on the kitchen bench, why should I be concerned? She has nothing to do with me. Ruffling my hair, I walked over and sunk into the couch, “This is getting annoying”.