Satan

Personal Maid

 

 

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked the guy trying to sneak out once school ended.


He turned around and pouted, “Hae Youngg-aaahhh” he whined.


I shook my head at the 17 year old with the mentality of a kindergartener, “Nothing you do will change your situation”


“Haee Younggg-aaahhhh” He continued to whine.


“No.” I said to silence him, “We’re going to the meeting, right now.”


Suho dropped his bag and sat on the floor, “You can’t make me” he said, hugging tightly onto D.O’s legs.


“Suho…” I sighed, “Aren’t you going to act your age?”


He looked away and ignored me. I felt my blood boil, how can such a handful exist? No one else seemed to be bothered by his tantrum; they are probably all used to it. I rolled up my sleeves, not me, I refuse to allow this kind of behaviour under my watch. If Suho continues to act like this, my name will be dragged through the mud with him.


“Please get off me” D.O begged, “I want to go home”


“D.O you’re too cold! How can you abandon a friend like t –


“AHHH! OWCH OW OW” Suho screamed as I dragged him out by the ear, grabbing his bag on the way. “It hurts! Hae Young-ah mian, mian! I won’t do it again, let me go!”


“As if” I scoffed, leading him down the corridor. My phone vibrated as we walked and I took it out to check who the text came from, it’s Oh Sehun, nicknamed ‘Satan’ on my phone. ‘Buy me some mango pudding on the way home. It has to be from the lady across the bridge near my old primary school’


“WHAT?” I yelled, and furiously texted back with one hand, ‘It takes 40 minutes to get there from ChaeSeon. I still have lots of homework to do.’


‘I don’t care.’


I angrily stormed down the hallway, staring at the text in disbelief. He left school at the end of lunch, why couldn’t he go buy it himself? This guy enjoys watching me suffer doesn’t he? This sadistic monster born from the flames of hell, how dare he –

My rant was put on pause as I bumped into someone, dropping my phone.


“Well if it isn’t the famous Lee Hae Young” The man smiled. He’s average height yet dashing, very charismatic for a man his age. He gives off an important vibe with his neat suit, well-polished shoed and perfectly groomed hair. Strangely enough, he emits the same aura as Sehun’s appa, the aura of a very grand presence.


“Ahjussi, who are you?” I asked after apologising for bumping into him.


Suho slowly moved away from my grip and tried to tiptoe off. I quickly grabbed his ear again and gave him a quick glare, “Yah… where do you think you’re going?” I questioned him, this guy is seriously a handful.


“I was trying to pick up your phone!” He said in defence.


“Don’t lie to me, I won’t fall for it.” I told him, picking my phone off the floor and shoving it back in my pocket. “I really need to get home so please cooperate” 


“Hae Yyyoungg-ahhh” He whined again, but immediately stopped when the man cleared his throat. Crap. I forgot the man was still here.


“I’m the Chairman of this school” He announced proudly.


My eyes widened in panic and I quickly bowed to apologised for causing a scene. I noticed Suho roll his eyes so I pinched him on the thigh to get him to bow as well, “Aren’t you ashamed?” I whispered to him.


The Chairman laughed and patted me on the shoulder, “Stand up” he said then pulled Suho over to his side, “I’m the one who’s sorry, because my son is such a handful.”


“Ne…” I smiled, wait a minute… “NE?”


I looked from Suho to the chairman then back to Suho, holy poop. The resemblance… How did I not figure it out? Both charming and a tad short.


“Yah… Lee Hae Young, you just thought we were both short didn’t you?” Suho sighed.


I stood there, still shocked so I wasn’t able to say anything. Am I the only one who didn’t know?


“You can go home for today” The Chairman said, “Must be something important, but I’m counting on you to make my son behave from now on. I’ll even let you hit him”


“Appa!” Suho frowned.


“Ne…” I replied still rooted to the ground, unable to leave as the Chairman dragged Suho away. My phone vibrated again and I quickly checked it.


‘If you forget my pudding I’m locking you outside’ – Satan.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Yoon Mi’s POV

“I didn’t ask you to do this” Sehun said as I handed him the orange juice.


“Hae Young said she needed to go somewhere” I smiled, covering up the sting.


Sehun stared me in the eye briefly to make sure I wasn’t lying then looked away. He frowned while scrolling through his phone, obviously annoyed. My heart ached uncontrollably, realising that it’s because Hae Young didn’t return. Yet I still stubbornly took a seat next to him and pierced the straw into the orange juice, “Drink it” I said, holding it to his face, maintaining my smile.


He didn’t look up from his phone, and I noticed the others on the table pretending to be absorbed in their own thing. “Leave it” Sehun demanded, gently pushing it away.


“But Hae Young bought it” I insisted.


“Yah… Sehun just drink it” Baekhyun urged, “Yoon Mi walked all the way here to deliver it”


Chanyeol glanced at the juice, then back at Sehun. “If you really don’t want it… can I have it?” He asked.


Suho smacked him across the head, “This idiot” He sighed.


Chanyeol frowned, “I’m actually the smartest in this school!” He reminded, “And what’s wrong with me drinking it? If Hae Young was here she would let me… I think…”


D.O chuckled, “I think” He repeated.


Sehun grabbed the juice and stood up, “I’m going home first” He told us then left.


I also left, furiously walking off to the toilet to wash my face. I stopped before entering when I heard a few girls laugh.


“That Lee Hae Young really is something, hanging out with the princes like that”


“Do you see the way she follows them around? What a pest”


I wanted to tell them to stop, and that talking behind her back like that wasn’t nice. But what they said next changed my mind completely.


“I heard she even tamed Oh Sehun” they spat bitterly, “Is Yoon Mi even going out with him? Why isn’t she doing anything, letting her man get snatched away like that” they giggled.


My mind turned blank, letting hatred and embarrassment creep its way in. As much as I don’t want to admit; I resent her. Hae Young has everything I want, from her strong personality and fearless attitude to having a place in special class and the ability to get along with all of them.


Even Sehun.


I’ve loved him the longest, it’s not right for her to just take him away from me.


The water in the bathroom stopped running and the girls’ chattering became more audible. I was looking around for a place to hide when a hand grabbed and pulled me into the janitor’s closet nearby. The person wore ChaeSeon’s male uniform but it was too dark for me to make out his face.


“Who are you? What do you want?” I asked, a little shaken up.


“Shhh” He said, covering my mouth and waited until the girls in the toilet were out of sight.


“Kai?” I asked, pushing his hand away and leaning in closer to see, “Why are you at school? Didn’t you take the day off?”


“Whatever you were thinking…” He started, “Get rid of those thoughts and don’t do anything rash”


Another sting; he is also concerned about Hae Young. “What do you mean?” I scoffed, trying to hide the little tremor in my voice.


As if he had noticed my feelings and my slight fidgeting in this dark room, he didn’t expose me. Instead, he simply warned me, “You’ll end up hurting the most, if you mess with Hae Young”


I couldn’t see him clear enough to make a note of his facial expression. Was he angry? Or was he annoyed? “You have no right to tell me what to do” I fought back, knowing full well how much of a brat I was being, but ‘Hae Young’ is all I’m hearing these days. And I’ve had enough of it.


Kai took a step closer and whispered into my ear, “At this rate, you’ll just be like all the other girls that Sehun hates”


I froze, tears welling up in my eyes. I know that already. But it still hurts too much, I’ve been trying so hard for so long. How can I let her have him so easily?

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

That girl. I sighed, changing the channels on the T.V in the lounge room. Where did she get the nerves to ask someone else to do what I asked her to do? I stared around the house satisfied with what I’ve created; a mountain of garbage, awaiting her return. I looked at the clock and eyed the door every few seconds; she should be home anytime now.


My ears perked at the jingling sound of her keys, anticipating the anger on her face. I quickly wiped off my grin and pretended to be engaged in the documentary on television. The door finally clicked open and her light footsteps made its way in. I held back the strong urge to immediately look at her, this is so fun.


“I’m back! Sehun-ah I bought your mango pudd –


She paused, and I tried so hard not to turn around, but this tingling feeling inside me is making it very difficult. It almost feels like that time when the old man got me my first play station as a child; the feeling of receiving a new toy.


“Oh Sehun… did we get robbed?” Hae Young asked.


I finally turned to look at her, “What makes you think that?” I questioned, keeping my poker face. She looked horrified, and I don’t blame her; the house is actually a mess.


“This place is…” She started then paused, “Wait a minute… don’t tell me you did this…”


I smirked and shrugged, “Clean it up”


“Yah Oh Sehun!” She glared, “Isn’t this too childish? I had to go all the way to your primary school to get your stupid mango pudding and now this?”


I extended my hand towards her, “Give” I ordered.


She grudgingly handed me the bag. I smiled and started digging into the sweet and smooth cup of heaven, “Clean upstairs when you’re done” I told her.


“What?!” She yelled, “There is a mess upstairs too? Oh Sehun! I told you I had a lot of homework to do!”


I went back to watching the boring documentary, “Are you saying you can’t manage being in special class and being a slave at the same time? How disappointing.”


She gritted her teeth and softly kicked the couch to knock the plastic spoon out of my hand, “Hmph” She scoffed and rolled up her sleeves; ready to clean.


I let her off the hook for that kick because I knew that if I don’t at least give her that much, she would go crazy and break something. So I got out another spoon in the bag and continued to enjoy my pudding; that’s when I heard Hae Young’s notification on her phone, another text.
 

“Who is it?” I asked, “Is it my old man?”


“Nope…” She sighed, obviously really mad at me. “It’s Kai…”


Kai?