Underestimated

Personal Maid

 

 

 

 

Min Ah’s POV

I sat with my right leg crossed over my left, head slightly tilted back to emit a strong, demanding aura. Jinsook and his boys were facing me, waiting for their orders. It has been a while since I’ve associated myself with them; I try not to because they are sleazy, filthy and cunning. Total definition of scumbags. It makes me a little uncomfortable being in the same room as them, I can feel their thirst and it’s making my stomach churn; but this was the only way.


“This is the one you need to get rid of” I told him, keeping my calm exterior, “Her name is Lee Hae Young, a student at ChaeSeon High”


I watched as Jinsook his lips slightly, “You’ve given us a pretty one this time” he grinned.


“You must be blind” I sighed, a little irritated, “I don’t care what method you use, just make sure she disappears for good. I’ll transfer you the payment after”


His grin grew wider as he examined the photo, “Poor girl” he said, “can’t wait to taint her for good.”

 

 

Hae Young’s POV

He sat there, head resting on one of his palms; the mockery on his face as he kept his eyes on me. Oh Sehun… I’ve never met another guy who gets on my nerves as much as he does. Not wanting to lose, I returned his stare. He realised my unwavering will to fight back and smirked.


“What?” I asked, not amused.


“Is it ok to stare at your master like that?” He grinned.


Master? Please. I narrowed my eyes for one last glare before turning away with a sigh. The guys were all watching us; almost unable to contain their laughter. “Why are you all looking? Turn around, don’t you have work to do?” I told them off, feeling my blood boil.


“Yah… We’re your master’s friends. Where’s all the respect?” Suho teased.


“We’re not too happy with your misdirected anger” Chanyeol said, adding more fuel to the fire.


I glared at Chanyeol, he had clearly hit the spot. I was just taking my anger out on the rest because as much as I hate to admit, Sehun has power over me right now.


“That’s enough teasing for today” Kai tried to defend me, however he was also clearly having fun.


“Carry these” Sehun ordered me, raising a brow at the pile of textbooks on his desk, “We’re going to the library.”


“Library?!” Baekhyun exclaimed, “It’s too far I don’t feel like it!!”


Sehun scoffed and got out of his seat, “I don’t remember asking you to come”


“I’m going too” Kai said opening the door, “Let’s all go together”


I picked up Sehun’s books and made my way out, “Hurry up” I mumbled as Sehun just stared.


“I don’t feel like it anymore. You two go.” He grunted and flopped back into his seat.

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

Irritating.


Everything about them is irritating. Does Kai really have a thing for that dumb girl? He needs to step up his standards if she is enough to satisfy him.


The strangest part of it all though, is why am I so annoyed?


I can feel D.O and Suho glance my way once Hae Young and Kai left for the library. “Idiot” They both muttered under their breath. I chose to ignore it.


“Sehun-ah” Chanyeol sighed, “Are you alright with Kai stealing your girl?”


“What?” I scoffed, “My girl? Stop joking it’s not funny. She’s not my girl, she’s more like my slave…”


D.O shook his head, “Immature.” I heard him say.


I turned around and stared out the window to ignore his remark; letting my chain of thoughts take me anywhere but here. Our free study period is getting really dull these days; I should’ve ordered her to stay.

 

 

 

Hae Young’s POV

His mood swings are worse than a girl on her period. One minute he wants to go, the next minute he tells me to go instead. I carried Sehun’s pile of books to the library with me, just in case he abruptly changes his mind. How can a guy act this way? If only he had a quarters of his dad’s chivalry.


“Yah Lee Hae Young!” Kai called out, pulling me back quickly before I bumped into a pole. “Watch where you’re going”


“Oh… Sorry” I sighed continuing to make my way towards the library.


“Remember how I told you I had something to say?” He asked, not moving from his spot.


I turned around to look at him, “What was it?” I asked.


“I know it hasn’t been long since we’ve met but I can’t help it anymore…”


“Can’t help what?”


“I like you, Hae Young-ah”


I froze at his confession. It doesn’t make any sense? Things were progressing too fast, we barely know each other. “Is this a prank?” I smiled, looking around for the crew.


Kai sighed, “I’m 100 Percent serious right now”


I stared at him in the eye, catching his every little movement. “I don’t like being lied to.” I told him.


“My feelings are real.” He assured me.


I scoffed, nothing makes sense. “What about Yoon Mi?” I questioned.


There was a slight pause before he replied, “What about her?”


That had confirmed everything, “She’s the one you like, not me.”


He wore the most anxious expression I had ever seen the mysterious prince wear. “H-how…”


My phone vibrated and I checked to see who it was; it was no one other than the devil, with another command. “Don’t go confessing to the wrong girl” I sighed while typing a reply to his text, “I’m returning now, Sehun changed his mind again”


I left Kai standing there, still confused about how I know. I’m actually feeling more lost at how he thinks no one knows. His feelings were obvious. Only making progress with me every time Yoon Mi was upset over Sehun, and that day he didn’t go school… I saw him. He was there, just to check up on her. His objective for asking me out? Easy. It’s an attempt to keep me away from Sehun.


She’s lucky, that a guy would love her selflessly to such an extent.


But Kai had miscalculated; Sehun doesn’t like me. He never had and he never will. Besides, a relationship is the last thing I need right now. I stopped and gave him one last glance before I returned to class, “given your looks and personality, it would’ve worked had I been any other girl. The only setback for you is that I’m Lee Hae Young, and you’ve underestimated me.”


Kai’s blank expression slowly turned into a grin, then gradually a chuckle.

 

 

 

Kai’s POV

She got me good.


There is nothing more I can say, her eyes… They are strong and unwavering. I should’ve noticed it sooner. Like she said; I had underestimated her.


I couldn’t help but laugh, firstly at my failure and secondly at the strange girl standing before me.


Lee Hae Young… This girl is way sharper and stronger than she seemed. Her ability to let things slide when it’s none of her business and knowing things yet acting like she doesn’t had me fooled completely.


I can see why Oh Sehun, the prickly guy who hates being around people, had taken an interest in her. Straightforward and doesn’t waste time doing unnecessary things, appearing ordinary but has many surprises to always keep him guessing. She’s simple yet complex, and Sehun has been captivated.


Hae Young cleared , “I’m not amused” she said.


That wasn’t just a statement, it was a warning.


She’s testing me. My response will determine if we remain friends, or if I’ll just become a classmate.


Simple yet complex.


I walked a few steps closer to her before I started, my heart sunk a little… sharing my real feelings is something I’m not good at.


I took a deep breath and told her the truth, “I’ve liked Yoon Mi for as long as she had like Sehun.”


Her expression softened at my honesty, “Liked?” She asked


“Still do” I admitted, hesitantly. “She is t –


“I need to get back now” Hae Young interrupted, picking up on the discomfort in my tone. “The arrogant master will unleash his mood swings if I don’t hurry”


I smiled, “You better run back then” I said, feeling more at ease than ever.


“She will like you.” Hae Young said walking off, “Go after her for real this time, trust me.”


Don’t worry, I will.


Her phone vibrated again and I watched as she angrily typed back. What did she mean by Sehun doesn’t like her?

 

 


A/N: I'm so sorry for the long updates, and i can't promise any frequent ones right now, things are just a little hectic!!!

Thank you to those who are still reading and commenting <3