Only For Now

Personal Maid

 

 

 

Hae Young’s POV.

“Yah!” I yelled struggling to keep up with him, “Where are we going?”


He didn’t reply, but remained a firm grip around my hand.


“I’m talking to you!” I shouted, trying to pull away.


He abruptly stopped causing me to collide into him. “What is wrong with you?” He asked turning around.


This guy, is he going insane?


“Why are you hanging out with people like that? What have you been doing all these years that you don’t even have a single friend to stay with?” He continued, slightly raising his voice.


That lump in my throat is back. This time, I can’t swallow it. I thought about my relatives and that house, how I always had to act like I don’t exist. How I hated to interact with people because trusting that I will be accepted was hard.


I looked him straight in the eye, without blinking as tears began to fall.


“You jerk.” I said, voice a little shaky. “Who the hell do you think you are? I’m just going to remind you that you’re the one who kicked me out so what right do you have to tell me off?”


He stayed silent.


I scoffed and wiped away the wet mess on my face, “What have I been doing all these years?” I repeated his words, “Thought you said not to act like I know you. If I am keeping my end of it, you better be too. Don’t act like you know me.”


“That was my bad,” He finally said, “I overstepped my boundaries, but right now, you need to come home with me.”


“Yah… are you messing with me right now?” I sighed, “Why should I return after getting kicked out?”


“If you don’t come back with me now, the old fart is going to sell my house.”


“Stop trying to be funny,” I chuckled, “Why should I help you?”


Sehun sighed and continued to drag me along, “Stop being stubborn, think of it as helping yourself.”


I didn’t resist.


Just this one time, I’ll let go of my pride. It doesn’t matter if this is the right choice or not, because right now, it feels like the only choice.


 

 

***

 

 

 

“You didn’t close the door when you walked out?” I asked staring at the front door wide open.


“I did” Sehun said walking in.


“Then why –


“The old man is here.” He replied before I finished.


Ahjussi stood up from the couch when he saw us walk in. He glanced at his watch, “9:45 pm” He announced, “45 minutes late”.


“You’re being troublesome” Sehun told his dad.


“How dare you say that to your appa?” Ahjussi said, flicking his forehead, “I’ll let you off the hook this time because you brought Hae Young back”.


Ahjussi turned to me, “I saw the ice pack in the kitchen, is your cheek all better now?”


“I’m sorry?” I glanced over the kitchen bench, there was a melted ice pack. I didn’t use it though?


Sehun cleared his throat, “Old man when are you leaving? I want my peace.”


Ahjussi clicked his tongue, “This fellow, always trying to kick his appa out”. He walked over to the couch and picked up ChaeSeon High’s female uniform, “This is yours Hae Young-ah” he smiled handing it to me along with a bag of books and some documents regarding my transfer. I’m actually amazed that ahjussi can get things done so fast, looks like I won’t even need to meet up with a teacher to sort out my timetable before class tomorrow.


“WHAT?!” Sehun raised his voice, “Why is she also attending school with me? Isn’t living here enough?”

 

“Ignore him” Ahjussi told me.


I smiled and averted my gaze to make the red eyes less obvious.


“The chauffeur comes every morning to take Sehun to school, so remember to go to school with him.”


Chauffeur for school? These people are seriously rich I thought to myself grabbing the uniform.


“And if Sehun gives you any trouble, remember to call me.” He continued.


“Ne” I replied, still smiling.


“Well then I’m leaving now, rest well” Ahjussi winked at me, almost as if he’s saying ‘hwaiting! I believe you can seduce my son’.


“Ne, you rest well too ahjussi!” I called after him as he left.


Sehun cleared his throat, “Close the door and place the ice pack back in the freezer” he ordered.


I looked at him, ‘I’m a maid, not a slave.’ I wanted to say out loud but I can’t because doing what he says is one of the conditions. So I obediently followed.


“There are a few rules to follow when you’re living here,” he said handing me a list once I’m done. “These are the few I’ve come up with for now, if anything pops up, I’ll add on to it. Stick it on the fridge door when you’re done reading.”


I scanned my eyes through the list while Sehun went upstairs to his room.


1. Keep voice to a minimum, don’t talk at all if possible

2. No friends allowed over

3. Don’t get in my way


This guy…why is he being so difficult? I sighed and stuck the list onto the fridge door, I guess it doesn’t really matter, it’s not like I want to talk to him anyways. This has been one of the longest days of my life. I walked upstairs and paused in the hallway, realising that I had forgotten to ask which room is mine. Scratching my head, I dragged my feet towards the devil’s room.


“Oh Sehun” I called out opening the door, “Which room is m –


“Don’t you think you should knock?” He interrupted, turning around with only boxers on.


I cleared my throat and slowly looked away, “I just wanted to ask which room is mine?”


“The one next door.” He replied, “Shut the door and knock next time.”


“There’s nothing to see anyways” I teased sticking out my tongue then quickly ran off to my room. That was very childish of me, but his attitude makes me feel so irritated.  


I hung up the uniform and fell onto my bed. Nothing beats this moment after a long day. I sighed and snuggled in under the blanket, too many things happened all too quickly. But my current status is being a maid with motive. I need more money if I want to save up enough to permanently move out after high school. Guess I’ll have to ask for more shifts at my part-time job.

The thought of starting school tomorrow suddenly popped into my mind. ChaeSeon High, I feel like I’ve heard that school before... my eyes slowly closed as I tried to recall where I’ve heard it.

I quickly pushed school to the back of my mind, all I need to do is just study hard and stay low to graduate without any issues. The real problem is actually in this house. How on earth am I supposed to make that devil in disguise fall for me? 

 

 


Sehun’s POV

A text came through just as I closed my eyes. It’s the old man… again.


I sighed and quickly checked what he sent, ‘Oh Sehun, Hae Young’s eyes were red, what did you do to her?’


I deleted the text and pulled the blanket over my head. Seriously what did I do to be stuck with these two troublesome people?