Special Class

Personal Maid

 

 

 

I walked over to my desk, no way right? There are so many classes in this year level, what are the chances for both of us to be in the same class? Then it struck me. Ahjussi. He probably did something unnecessary again.


“Oh Sehun!” Kim seonsaengnim called out, “get up! You need to stop sleeping in school.” She sighed.


He slowly raised his head and turned around, our eyes met.


“This is Lee Hae Young, she will be joining us starting today.” Seonsaengnim explained.


The whole class stared at us, by the whole class, I meant the other five members. It really is him.


“Yah… greet her or something,” Baekhyun whispered to Sehun.


Sehun clicked his tongue, tch, and looked away. I ignored his attitude and sat down.


“Nice to meet you,” D.O said, looking up from his book, “Don’t mind him too much”


I gave him an awkward smile, “Thanks, I won’t.”


I looked through my timetable one more time to make sure I know what I’m doing and where I should be. I then noticed that some classes have a little star next to them, only a few. Why?


Once I started questioning, I couldn’t stop. Nothing makes sense. Why are there only six other students in this class? Are all the classes like this? Where is everyone else? What was with everyone’s reaction?


“Is something wrong?” D.O asked, seeing me clearly distressed.


I thought about what I should ask first, then finally came to my conclusion, “What is the special class?”


They all looked at me in unison. All except Sehun


The bell rang for class and literature was the first subject. There was a star next to this one on my timetable. Kim seonsaengnim bid us farewell and walked out, replaced by an old rugged looking teacher a few minutes later. Everyone greeted him as Gil Seonsaengnim. Without wasting time, he immediately told us to flip to page 29 of the textbook and started writing notes on the board.


As expected from an elite school, there are some things that even I haven’t learnt before. The teacher went through a passage and was able to show us more than four different interpretations of the text, which I found quite fascinating. I made a mental note to do extra reading tonight because I didn’t want to fall behind. If there was anything good going on for me right now, it would be these classes that I would’ve never been able to afford.


Just as I was about to continue writing my notes, I heard a soft sigh. I looked up diagonally to the seat in front and saw Chanyeol looking rather bored. He twirled his pen around his fingers a few times then proceeded to try and balance it on the back of his hand. Seriously, what is he doing during class? I shook my head.


Baekhyun saw me and smiled, he quickly jotted something down on a piece of paper and passed it to me. I unfolded the note to see what was written; ‘Chanyeol looks like that but he always places 2nd in our school for exams.’


No way. I glanced at Chanyeol again, this time, he is trying to balance his pen between his nose and lip. Baekhyun must be joking, Chanyeol doesn’t even have his book opened. ‘You must be kidding.’ I wrote and passed the note back. Baekhyun softly chuckled to himself after scribbling on the note once more. He turned around and watched me as I opened the note, anticipating my reaction. ‘You’re right I’m kidding Chanyeol never places second…’ I smirked, of course, there is just no –


‘He always places first.’


“WHAT?!” I accidentally said out loud, making Chanyeol drop his pen. Everyone turned around and looked at me, I felt myself going red as Baekhyun tried to hold in his laugh.

 

“Haksaeng, is something wrong?” Gil seonsaengnim asked.


“No, sorry,” I apologised with a slight bow.


“Yah! Stop messing with her” Kai smiled, looking at Baekhyun.


Seonsaengnim cleared his throat, “please don’t disturb my class again” He said, then continued teaching.


“Idiot.” I heard Sehun sigh.


That Oh Sehun, every time he opens his mouth. Nothing good comes out of it.


After what felt like forever, class finally ended and Gil seonsaengnim left for lunch break. I stretched a little, too loosen up my muscles. Chanyeol, Suho and Baekhyun immediately ran over to my table.


“Hurry up Kai!” Suho said enthusiastically, “D.O come closer! Sehun, you too!”


“I’ll pass” Sehun said coldly.


“Ok, we will begin our interrogation without him” Suho grinned.


Interrogation? Is it too late to hope for normal classmates?


“Do you really know nothing about the Special Class?”


I searched my brain but nothing came up, “No… What is the Special Class?” I asked


“This is not how it works” Chanyeol sighed, “We do the asking, not you. You’re being interrogated remember?”


“The rule here is to only answer when you’re being interrogated” D.O explained.


These people, they only do whatever suites them.


“Which school did you enter before you came here?” Baekhyun asked.


“A public school” I replied.


They looked at each other with that same look Baekhyun had before. As if I was speaking a foreign language.


“ChaeSeon High has a unique system that separates highly skilled individuals from the rest.” Kai began, “Not saying the others are stupid, but these particular individuals excel in all areas across the board.”


“Each year level has one special class, and each class only has six members. To qualify, you must be outstanding in all subjects including even physical abilities.”


I tried my best to process everything they said, wait… that means Baekhyun wasn’t joking when he said Chanyeol ranks first in the school.


“Being in second year, the six of us make up the Special Class 2-S” Baekhyun continued, “There has never been a seventh member. So our question is, who are you?”


“Um…” I said glancing at Sehun who isn’t even looking up, what am I supposed to say? Am I allowed to say that Sehun’s father got me in? Ahjussi… why did you put me in such a troublesome class?


“Um what?” They questioned, eyes filled with curiosity.


What the hell should I say? I kept my calm exterior but inside I am actually dying from stress. I would honestly rather complete 3 essays and 50 pages of math quizzes than be in this situation right now. That stupid Sehun, not even helping out. Whatever, I don’t care anymore, I’ll just tell them.


“Se –


The classroom door slid open before I could say anything. Thank the lord, God bless whoever just walked in. I looked up to see an extremely beautiful girl with long brown hair, almost as if she was a doll. An angel has come to my rescue.


“Are you the transfer student?” She asked walking towards me.


“Ne” I answered


“Nice to meet you, I’m Kang Yoon Mi. Oh Sehun’s girlfriend.”

 

 


Suho’s POV.

Kang Yoon Mi… I sighed, Oh Sehun’s ‘self-proclaimed’ girlfriend. Why did you have to enter at such an important moment?


Sehun finally stopped what he was doing and looked up as Yoon Mi approached Hae Young.


Why is he looking? He never even bothered glancing at Yoon Mi even when she’s talking to him. Don’t tell me he is reacting because of the transfer student?


I thought about her name, Lee Hae Young. It rings a bell, I’ve heard it before… But where? I repeated the name over and over in my head. Lee Hae Young… Lee Hae Young…


Then it clicked.


Unbelievable, there is just no way…


I turned to the side and saw D.O smirk, “Did it take you that long to realise?” He mouthed silently.


“No way… Is this the same Hae Young?” I quietly whispered so Sehun doesn’t hear.


“Yup! The one and only” D.O replied.


I looked over at Sehun, the corners of my lips slowly curved into a wide grin. Daebak. My fun is about to begin. Instantly I thought of the many ways to mess with Sehun…


Using his first love.