Upgrade

Personal Maid

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

“Let me go, I can walk by myself” Hae Young continued to struggle all the way home. I closed the door behind me and threw her onto the couch. “This is none of your business” she told me, still riled up from what happened at the shop.


I ignored her and went to pour myself a glass of water; that girl is so much tougher than she looks. On the way back, I grabbed the first aid kit and an ice pack.


“Yah… I’m trying to talk to y –


“Hands” I said, interrupting her.


“What?” She asked, a little confused.


I sighed and grabbed her hands, her nails had pierced so deep that she was bleeding on both palms. “Do you have a strange love for pain or something?” I asked, trying to lighten the mood. I knew full well that she had clenched them to hold in her wrath, and most likely didn’t even notice they were bleeding because they went numb. She had always been like this; reckless and self-oblivious once she snaps.


“I can do it myself” She said, pulling away.


I clicked my tongue, tch. “Just be obedient when I’m being nice” I told her, pulling her hands back. She stopped struggling and calmed down as I applied some antiseptic. “Doesn’t this hurt?”


“No.” She lied. I know she did because I can see her flinch a little every time the cotton touches her wounds. So I made the effort to do it as gently as possible. After I was done, I wrapped on a light layer of bandage for extra protection and told her to hold the ice pack against her cheek. This was the second time I’ve seen her cheek swell; it’s irritating.

 

 

 

Hae Young’s POV

It’s weird seeing Sehun this nice, but my mind was filled with so much hatred for Min Ah that I didn’t get to appreciate it. I stared down at Sehun as he wrapped bandages around my left hand; the guy had an awfully irritated expression. “If you’re going to look that mad, don’t bother yourself with it. I can do it myself” I told him.


“Just be quiet and hold the ice pack still” He said, not looking up.


When Sehun isn’t frowning or angry – which he always is – he becomes the most beautiful human being. I watched his long lashes as he blinks and that tall nose of his, guiding my vision down to his cute lips. He is easily every girl’s dream.


“Stop staring, you’re making me uncomfortable” He bluntly pointed out.


“I wasn’t” I denied, immediately looking away.


“Don’t lie”


“I’m not”


Sehun simply sighed. Admitting to staring at him feels like defeat, and I hate to lose, especially against him. So I developed a habit of constantly being in denial over stupid things when I’m with the devil.


My phone vibrated on the table and I reached over, trying to get it. Sehun pushed me back to the couch and picked up my phone, “Hold still” He frowned, “I’ll check it for you”


“You don’t know my pass –


I stopped midway as he was able to unlock my phone, “Four zeros” he rolled his eyes, “easy as always”


I held back my embarrassment and kept quiet, damn.


“It’s a text from your manager” Sehun announced, “He said that he will give you another chance to work tomorrow and that you should thank the cheeky tall boy”


“Chanyeol? Why?”

 

Sehun shook his head, “Apparently Chanyeol bought all the ice-cream in the shop saying that he’s a regular because you showed him the place”


“ALL THE ICE-CREAM?” I yelled, genuinely shocked. There are approximately 20 flavours and 30 scoops lefts per flavour. That means he bought 600 scoops; either Chanyeol has a lot of money to spare or he is extremely addicted to ice-cream.


“Yah… lower your voice, don’t make me repeat the house rules.”


My phone vibrated again as I rolled my eyes, “What is it now?” I asked, nothing is going to surprise me anymore than Chanyeol today.


Sehun clicked on the message and sighed, “Why are you messaging my dad?”


My mind went into panic mode and I didn’t know what to do first; knock Sehun out unconscious or knock myself out unconscious. “YAH!” I screamed, throwing the ice pack at him. “Why are you checking people’s messages?”


Sehun dodged and pulled a face. “Why are you yelling now? You didn’t say anything when I read out your message before…”


I went into attack mode, I can feel my heart rate increase, pupils dilate and my muscles ready to knock him out.


But that never happened.  


Sehun’s face grew dark and my whole body froze.


He found out.


“Hae Young-ah, I’ve planned some moves you can use on Sehun to seduce him…” He read aloud.


My attack mode quickly died down and I anxiously looked away as he kept scrolling up.


The devil walked closer to me and I moved back slowly until my legs made contact with the couch. I mentally built a protective barrier around myself to exorcise him; it didn’t work, this demon is just too strong. “I-I’ll pack my bags and leave…” I told him, through a false bravado.


He pinned me down on the couch and raised a brow, “Who said you’re allowed to leave now?”


“Y-yah…” I said, my voice a little shaky, “W-what are you trying to do?”


“You should be expecting this much if you’re told to seduce someone” The devil grinned, trapping my legs in between his.  


“Oh Sehun. You better stop” I warned, unable to move.


He leaned in close and I can feel him against my neck. I shuddered with every breath he took. “Lee Hae Young” He spoke, directly into my ear. His deep voice echoed inside my head as he continued, “There’s a limit to what you should and shouldn’t agree to. If you had decided to do this to someone else, I would’ve made sure you wouldn’t see the light of day ever again.”


“S-stop joking” I manage to say, “it’s not funny anymore.”


He smirked, “This shows that you don’t know me at all. Who said I was joking?”


I didn’t know what to say or what to do. His words left me paralysed.


Sehun squished my cheek together and scoffed, “What kind of guy in his right mind would send a potato like you to seduce me? Seriously, this old man of mine doesn’t have eyes.”


“W-what? Potato?”


He finally loosened his grip and got off me, “Whatever that’s enough” He sighed, “I knew something was up anyways; I just didn’t think it was going to be this new level of stupid.” Sehun stretched and went to grab another glass of water. “There will be new conditions for you now”


“What conditions?” I asked a little surprised.


“I’m upgrading you; instead of a personal maid, you’re going to be my personal slave.


I frowned, “How is that an upgrade?”


“It’s not, I’m just trying to make you feel better by saying upgrade” He shrugged. “From now on make sure you’re available 24/7 to do whatever I ask”


I sighed, “What is the difference? I’m already doing that.”


“The difference?” He chuckled, placing down his drink. “You’ll notice soon enough.”


I felt a little chill run down my spine, but I refused to let it get to me. Honestly, what can he do to make my life more miserable? “Fine, what are the other conditions?” I asked.


“There’s only one more, you need to report everything my dad says or plans back to me. I mean it when I say everything


“So like a spy?” I asked.


“You can put it that way if you want”


“Fine, Deal.” I told him. Although I do feel a little guilty towards ahjussi, surviving is more important. It works out better for me too, at least this way I won’t actually have to seduce him. I mean, how bad can it be?


“I’ll give you the weekend to recover and remove those bandages” He told me as he walked up to his room, “It’ll be the last of your peaceful days so enjoy it while you can.”