Just the Beginning

Personal Maid

 

 

 

Jeon seonsaengnim – our sport teacher – needed to attend some important matters so he asked us to start he lesson with some basic ‘volleyball skills’ practice in groups of five. I started to wonder about the mysteries of life as he assigned us to our groups. Like how there are so many coincidences in this world and whether or not these coincidences should be considered fate. And if this is fate, how the hell do I get away from it? A great sense of burden sunk the little spirit I had left in me as I tried to avoid making eye contact with Min Ah’s murderous glare.


Great. Just great, of all the school Sehun had to attend, it’s the same one as Min Ah’s. And of all the classes we are paired up with, it had to be Min Ah’s. How on earth am I supposed to avoid her when she’s everywhere?


I mentally killed myself as seonsaengnim coincidentally placed her and her two best friends Ga Yun and Ji Na into the same group as Suho and I. God or Buddha, it doesn’t matter who, if you’re listening to my prayers right now, please take me away from this class.

 

 

 

Suho’s POV


Score! I grinned when Hae Young was placed into the same group as me. I quickly glanced over at Sehun to see if he was watching… and he wasn’t. He was too busy trying to ignore Yoon Mi, who was in his group with Kai and two other students that I don’t know the names of.  


I looked at Hae Young, then back at Sehun. Sigh, how can these two be so unemotional about everything? They both wore an irritated expression, Sehun is obviously annoyed because Yoon Mi keeps trying to talk to him and just from people glancing his way in general. But why is Hae Young irritated? Then I remembered what Baekhyun said, must be the time of the month.


I hesitated before I touched her. The last thing I want is for her to unleash her anger on me, but I’ve got to do something if I want things to go my way. “Hae Young-ah!” I said loudly, making sure Sehun heard, “You’ve got something in your hair!”


She looked at me, retaining her irritated expression, “Oh really? Thanks.” She said monotonously and ran her fingers through her silky dark strands.


I walked up close to her and smiled, “It’s still not off yet” I told her, fixing the few pieces hair that were sticking out.


The students in class started whispering, saying things like, “Hey… is there something going on between those two?” But Hae Young was too caught up in her own thoughts to hear it.


I noticed Sehun glancing over slightly, success. I grinned, pulling Hae Young with me into our small group.

 

 

 

Min Ah’s POV

That sick girl. How dare she even think of seducing a guy from the special class? Don’t tell me she’s actually sleeping with him? Kim Suho, the only son of the school’s chairman, it would make sense if that’s how she got in.

What an eyesore. Don’t blame me for getting rid of you.

 

 

 

Hae Young’s POV

Why is Sehun glaring? This guy is seriously not helping my mood at all. The minute we made eye contact, he sighed and went on with practicing. Is he trying to start a fight? I pulled a face and kept walking with Suho, but my eyes never left Sehun. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to, it was more because I couldn’t. He displayed such amazing skills, his posture when serving, setting and spiking were all on point. Most of the students were probably used to seeing him play, however it still did not stop them from gazing at his every move. Sadly I was one of them, my attention fixated on Sehun. Other than his personality, Sehun does not have a single fault. He is perfect in all aspects.


But my pride would never allow me to admit this.


When I was finally able to snap out of it, I heard Suho scream, “HAE YOUNG-AH!”


I sighed, what is it now? I turned around to see what he wants.

 

“WATCH OU –


Before he could finish, a ball came hurling at me, smacking me right in the head. I lost balance and fell, face first.


“Omo! Gwaenchana?” A few people asked.


I stayed there, flat on the ground. Should I get up? Or should I not? This is a bit embarrassing… I turned my head slightly to the side, Min Ah was laughing. ‘This is just the beginning’ she mouthed the words slowly to me. I felt an aching pain throughout my whole body from the fall and slowly allowed my consciousness to slip away. This is not how I wanted to be taken away from class. It must be karma… for cursing her to trip and break her face earlier. Karma for only praying with selfish intentions.

 

 

 

Kai’s POV

“That must’ve hurt… Is she ok?” I heard a few people ask. What is all the commotion about? Before I could even glance over to the scene, Sehun was already running there.


“Move” He told the students bluntly and went to check up on Hae Young. She was unconscious.


I also ran over to see what happened, so did Baekhyun, D.O and Chanyeol. “I’ll take her to the nurse’s office” I told them, trying to lift Hae Young up. But Sehun was faster.


He placed an arm around her neck and the other behind her knees, picking her up in one go and walked away without saying another word.


“Princess Style” Baekhyun whistled, “Looks like prince Sehun does know how to treat girls.”


The amount of talk and whispers that broke out were insane. Sehun hates touching girls, everyone knows that. And if possible, he never even bothers to look at them. Yoon Mi was the only exception because we attended middle school together, but even so, he never made contact with her himself. It’s always her who clings to him.


I had a wave of mixed emotions, happy yet sad. I let out a soft sigh and saw Yoon Mi across the room, watching the love of her life give someone else his attention. She wore a pained expression, and so did I. In this moment, there was only one thing I wanted to do; keep Hae Young away from Sehun as much as I can.


I’ve decided, I will confess