Class President

Personal Maid

 

 

 

“Not good enough” Sehun sighed, putting down his fork. “The presentation is a mess and the food does not compare to D.O’s”


I shot daggers at him with my eyes, “Oh Sehun… I woke up at 5:30am today to buy ingredients for breakfast because you called me while I was sleeping, saying that you wanted me to cook when there is no food in the house. This is the third time I had to remake your stupid bacon and eggs and you’re still telling me it’s not good enough?”


He looked at me for a second, “Yeah.” He then replied, “It’s not good enough.”


I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself. So this is what he means when he said I’ll know soon enough. “My bad, I’ll make it better tomorrow.” This guy’s personality just turned three times worse, and here I thought it was already at pit bottom.


Sehun nodded and picked up his fork again, “Fine, guess I’ll have to stick with bad food for today. Or maybe you should just convince D.O to show you how to cook”


This guy… I will kill him with my own hands eventually; there is nothing wrong with the food. “I’m going to go get changed, meet you outside in 15 minutes. Leave the dishes in the sink, I’ll wash it when we get home.”


“When you come downstairs, grab my schoolbag and blazer at the door outside my room” Sehun ordered while cutting his bacon, “Also remember to check that my biology textbook is inside. If it’s not, just grab it on the table inside my room.”


“Ne…” I sighed, walking upstairs. He is being such a brat.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Annyeong!” Baekhyun greeted as we walked into class, “You’re so hard working!” He commented, noticing that I was carrying Sehun’s bag again. This is one of my few permanent responsibilities from now on, carrying his things.


I placed his stuff on his table and went to sort out my books, getting ready for class.


“You look tired” Suho teased, stating the obvious.


“I am” I said, glaring at Sehun. The cause of my misery.


Chanyeol threw a note over to my table, I opened it and took a look, ‘what happened after? Are you alright?’ I held back a smile when I realised how concerned he was.


‘Ice-cream freak’ I wrote back, not use to his care.


I glanced around the class, Suho was trying to get D.O’s attention, who was too focused on his novel to even notice that Sehun and I had arrived. Baekhyun is texting his many girls and Sehun is just listening to music. “Where’s Kai?” I asked.


Everyone looked at me, “Not too sure” They replied at once.


“Aren’t you guys going to call him?”


“We did” Suho told me, “But it went straight to voice mail”


“It happens once in a while” D.O informed, finally looking up. “Apparently it’s some family issues but none of us actually knows where he lives or what his family does.”


At the sound of three loud ‘bangs’ from Kim Seonsaengnim hitting her ruler against the board, we all took our seats and stopped what we were doing. “Kai will be absent because he’s not feeling well” She told us, “Also, class president, you need to attend the afterschool meetings properly. I heard that you’ve been skipping them since the start of this year”


Class president? Who?


Suho stood up from his seat, “I haven’t been skipping! They just don’t see me there under my invisibility cloak”


I let out a long sigh at his stupidity. So Suho is our class president… I expected it to be D.O or Kai, only because they seemed more reliable.


Kim seonsaengnim shot him a glare, “Does it look like I’m joking right now?”


Suho quickly wiped the smile off his face, “No mam”


“There’s a meeting today so you better attend that. The student council has been complaining about your lack of contribution.”


“Do I have to really go?” He whined, “It’s such a pain, I didn’t even want to be class president”


“Too late now, you were the only one the whole class voted for”


Suho glared at all the guys as they tried to hold in their laugh. I felt a little bad for Suho but I kind of understand why everyone wants to torture him with that role. “You will all pay for this” He warned while sitting down.


“Lee Hae Young” Kim seonsaengnim called out.


“Ne?” I answered.


“Your files tell me you were class president at your old school”


The whole class – minus Sehun – cheered, “Whoa… Lee Hae Young, how diligent of you”


I glared at them to shut them up.


“Can I put you in charge of looking after Suho?” She asked.


“Sorry What?” I questioned, not sure if I heard her correctly. The last thing I need right now is more responsibilities.


“Just make sure he attends the meetings and when you have time, sit there and stop him from saying anything stupid.”


“Ne…” I sighed as Suho stuck his tongue out to tease me. This is going to be difficult; no one can get that guy to behave when he’s in one of those crazy moods. Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned around and gave me sympathetic looks; Suho is a pain to deal with, and we all know that.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

D.O’s POV

“Go buy me a sandwich” We watched as Sehun ordered Haeyoung. She did as he said without talking back, however we could all sense an irritated aura around her.


“Sit here” Sehun told her, patting the spot next to him when she had returned.


Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun and Suho nudged me. We were all thinking the same thing; what the hell is going on? The only one who ever sat there was Yoon Mi because she keeps the girls away from Sehun, no one else sat there, even if the seat was empty. So why did Sehun just offer that seat? Especially to a person of the opposite .


Sehun picked up the box containing his sandwich and handed it to her as she sat down, “Open it.”


She smiled, a very fake smile, “Oh Sehun, don’t you have hands?”


He also smiled back at her; imitated her fake one, “Open it” He repeated.


The students in the cafeteria all glanced over. This is the first time they’ve seen Sehun with a smile. Even though it’s fake, they wouldn’t have noticed because they’ve never witnessed his real one anyways.  


“What’s going on?” Baekhyun asked, “Did you guys finally decide to go out?”

 

“Yah Byun Baekhyun.” Hae Young glared, while opening Sehun’s lunch. “Can you not say something so ominous? Why the hell would I go out with the devil?”


Sehun scoffed as Hae Young handed him his sandwich, “Says the slave who attempted to seduce me”  


I immediately looked up from my book, seduce?


“What?! Seduce?” Suho yelled out for me. “Yah… What’s going on? Hae Young tried to seduce you?!”


I kicked Suho’s leg to get him to lower his voice. We don’t need any more rumours going around. At this rate, Hae Young will become the target for all girls.


“So you made a move on Sehun? And now you guys are dating?” Chanyeol asked, in between mouthfuls of food.


I noticed people around us starting to talk. It was my bad for forgetting that there are more than one idiot on this table. This isn’t good, everyone will think they have a chance with Sehun now.


“Slave” Hae Young sighed, “He said slave! We are not dating. I’m his slave.”

 

“You’re too loud” Sehun spoke up, “Where’s my juice?”


Hae Young pulled a face, “What juice?”


“Oops, guess I forgot to tell you” He said, biting into his lunch, “Go get me orange juice”


Baekhyun and Chanyeol pretended to look elsewhere as Hae Young narrowed her eyes at Sehun, giving him a deathly stare. “Problem?” Sehun asked, clearly amused.


“No.” She said grumpily and stormed off to get his juice.


Sehun held back a desire to laugh, finding entertainment in bossing Hae Young around. Suho recognises that expression on Sehun’s face and turned to grin at me. I shook my head with a smirk and continued reading. Oh Sehun never fails to torment the girl he likes, this explains why Hae Young had nothing but bad memories of him years ago. More importantly, it’s happening again.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Yoon Mi’s POV

I quickly finished putting my books away and ran to the cafeteria, a wide grin plastered on my face. Finally I’ll be able to see Sehun again, I’ve missed him since the weekend. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I poked my head into the cafeteria, scanning for Sehun’s whereabouts. The smile quickly left me when I saw Hae Young on my seat, opening Sehun’s lunch for him. My heart sunk and I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. Why? Why is it her?


I know these emotions of jealousy and slight hatred are not good to have. But I can’t stop, all these years I’ve only had my eyes on him, I’ve been by his side longer, she had only just arrived. He was the reason I came to this school. I can’t give him to someone else, especially to someone who had just transferred. I walked up to Hae Young as she inserted money into the vending machine, “Orange juice for Sehun?” I asked, putting on a smile.

 

 

 

Hae Young’s POV

“Yeah” I replied to Yoon Mi, my eyes unable to look away from the sorrow behind that beautiful smile. She’s almost like an open book, her face emits conflicting emotions. “Can you bring it over for me?” I asked.


Her face lit up, I almost laughed at how obvious she was, “What about you?” She questioned.


“I need to go see a teacher to sort out some stuff” I lied.


“Oh… Ok” She smiled, genuinely this time. I watched her head towards Sehun excitedly; accidentally tripping over her own footsteps on the way. She quickly glanced left and right to see if anyone had noticed then flicked her hair back and continued on gracefully. I let out a soft giggle and turned to walk off; seriously that girl is too obvious.
 

In the corner of my eyes, I spotted a familiar face also leaving.


I frowned then followed after the guy. What is Kai doing here?