Troublesome

Personal Maid

 

 

 

Min Ah’s POV

“What are you doing? Hurry up, let’s go” Suho said, nudging her along.


Lee Hae Young. That girl, how the hell did she enter this school? She doesn’t have any other relatives besides us. More importantly, the special class? So this is what she’s been up to since she left the house. I scoffed, and crossed my arms as I watched her walk off with our school’s princes. Guess normal guys weren’t enough for her.


Just you wait Hae Young-ah… coming here will be the worst decision of your life. I’ll make sure of it.

 

 

 

Hae Young’s POV

I sat in homeroom and dazed off after the teacher called out attendance. Gyo Min Ah I sighed, so that’s why this school sounded familiar… this is where Minh Ah attended also. I faintly remember her bragging about it, about how she goes to an elite school. I on the other hand, only went to a public one. Ahjumma pays heaps of money for Min Ah to attend ChaeSeon, so when I came home with the better grades… there was a lot of resentment.


I let another sighed escape my lips as the other members leisurely planned of ways to make fun of Baekhyun when he walks in. Why is trying to quietly get through high school so hard? Things are going to get troublesome…


“Baekhyun. Detention.” Kim Seonsaengnim said the minute the door slid open.


“Seonsaengnimmm” He whined, “I just missed it by a few seconds”


“Then wake up a few seconds earlier next time”


I felt a little guilty as Chanyeol and Suho laughed, he didn’t wake up late, I did. So to avoid locking eyes with him, I pretended to check my timetable again, even though I’ve already checked it last night. First two period was history, it’s strange because there is no star next to it yet tomorrow period 5 history does.


Knowing that Sehun won’t help, I turned to D.O, “Hey, why do some classes have a star next to it and some don’t?”


D.O lowered his book and moved closer to me, “The classes with a star next to it are compulsory. This means that you have to attend them unless you’re absent for the day” he explained, pointing to the relevant ones. “The ones without a star are classes you choose whether or not to show up. Throughout the whole week, there are only 1-2 periods of each classes that are compulsory per subject. So since yesterday we had two compulsory periods of literature, you don’t need to attend any other literature classes for the week. These are one of the few ‘special class’ privileges only.”


I stared at him, actually feeling lost… This school is just getting stranger and stranger.


“Normally we don’t attend any classes that are not compulsory, but yesterday everyone was curious about you so we attended to spy on the new kid. And Sehun followed along because if he stays by himself, all the girls stare at him and he hates that.”


“Is it ok to so openly tell me that you were spying?” I asked looking at the other members, who were too busy giving Baekhyun a hard time, “Never mind… Wait, if you guys don’t attend classes, how do you get top scores?”


D.O smiled, “We all study a little in our own time, all except Chanyeol. That kid doesn’t study at all, he just reads and memorises.”


I repeated what he said in my head, ‘study a little’, ‘doesn’t study at all, just memorises’. I stared intently at Chanyeol, drilling a hole into the back of his head. ‘Just memorises’.


The bell finally rang, indicating the end of homeroom. “Let’s go!” Suho said excited to leave class. Everyone stood up to leave, everyone but me. “Aren’t you coming?” He asked.


“Some people actually need to study” I said grudgingly, “You guys leave, I’m attending class like a normal student”


D.O laughed, I can tell that he knows how much this is affecting me.


I shooed them away and remained in my seat, “Remember to meet us at the cafeteria for lunch!” They called out before leaving.


I opened my book, ready to learn. Then Kai walked back in, “Did something happen?” I asked him, “Why did you return?”


He seated himself next to me, in D.O’s spot. “I’m here to learn too” He smiled, charmingly.


Kai is very good looking, especially up close.


“When is the teacher coming?” I asked.


“I don’t know” He replied, “Sometimes they take their time before coming to check if there’s anyone attending, because we usually never show up anyways.”


I let out a sigh and rested my head on my hand, “I don’t want to fall behind, my pride is on the line.” I muttered.


“Why don’t you get Sehun to give you his notes?”


“That’s admitting defeat” I said, frowning.


Kai lightly tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention, “Yah, Lee Hae Young”


I turned to face him, “What?”


He hesitated for a moment then asked, “Do you like Oh Sehun?”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It is hard to get over how big this school is. The cafeteria was filled with constant chattering, that was until he entered. By ‘he’, I meant the good looking guy who is walking with me. Kai, the cause of a sudden uproar with the girls.


“Kai oppa!” they screamed, “please look this way!”


I cringed. The girls back in my old school did stuff like this too, publicly showing their affections. I guess the reaction towards good looking guys is something that won’t change no matter which school. Deep down though, I also felt a hint of jealousy simply because I won’t ever be able to act that way.


“Over here!” Chanyeol waved.


“Where’s Baekhyun?” I asked as we made our way over.


“He’s calling to cancel his dates this Friday, because he’s staying back for the detention” D.O answered.


“Ah… makes sense” I smiled, not even feeling bad anymore for this morning.


I notice Sehun was quietly eating his sandwich while listening to music as I took a seat next to Kai and D.O. Not even glancing up once to say ‘hi’.


That’s when I felt it. All the attention was on us and piercing stares were directed at me. I’m starting to think that being here is not such a good idea. Being here is actually a really bad idea, I need to leave.


“I’m going to go buy juice” I told them.


“Get me one too!” Chanyeol smiled.


D.O’s voice replayed in my head, ‘he doesn’t study, he just memorises’. I narrowed my eyes at him, “No.” I answered bluntly.


“Stingy!” He pouted, “Fine, guess I’ll just come along and get my own”


Oh my lord. If he comes with me, it’s no different; I’ll still be glared at by his fan girls. “No, stay here, I’ll get you one” I lied walking off. I’m just going to buy one for myself then leave for a quiet place somewhere.


I lined up at the vending machine, waiting on my turn.


“Annyeong, Hae Young-ah” Min Ah said, approaching me.


I sighed, trouble is here. “Hi” I greeted back.


“I heard you’re in the special class” She smirked, “Who did you sleep with to get in?”


The students around started whispering. As expected of something that Min Ah would say to stir me up. This is seriously getting annoying.


“I don’t have time for your games” I told her, inserting coins into the machine, “If possible, please leave me alone”


“Yah. Look at me when I’m talking to you” She demanded.


I grabbed my juice and walked off, not even giving her a second glance.


“This irritating b*tch” I heard her mutter as I made my way out of the cafeteria.


She is honestly the last thing I need in my life right now. I headed to an isolated place behind the school building and sat down on the grass, leaning against the big oak tree. I cursed her while plucking at the grass, “Hope she trips and break her face”


“That’s not very nice” An annoying voice butted in.


“What are you doing here Baekhyun?” I asked, looking up at him.


He sat down next to me, “Just finished cancelling all the dates” He sighed. “I didn’t expect that jump this morning”


“Of course” I boasted, “This is what you get for underestimating me”


Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smiled, “Please, it was just a fluke.”


Before I could retort, the bell rang for class. This one’s compulsory. I couldn’t help but notice Baekhyun’s smile getting wider, “You’re being creepy” I told him.


“I’m just hyped” He replied.


“For what? P.E?” I asked, pulling a face. Why?


“You didn’t know? P.E is the only subject that the special class does with the normal class because 6 people isn’t really sufficient. We’re paired up with class 2-B.”


“So that just means there are more girls for you to target…” I pointed out.


He smirked, not denying it. I simply shook my head, “I need to go get changed, see you later” I told him and walked off.


“I forgot to tell you!” He called after me, “Yoon Mi is in that class too!”