Unusual Request

Personal Maid

 

 

 

“Hae Young-ah, Hae Young-ah! Are you listening?”

 

“Sorry what?” I can’t believe what he just said.
 

“Can you try to seduce my son?”
 

Yup. There it is… I wasn’t imagining things. “I’m sorry? Me? Why?”
 

“Well, you don’t really have anywhere to go right now, and I will pay for your living expenses and school fees. Besides, it’s not like we’re strangers, you remember my son Sehun don’t you?”


Is this a threat? If I don’t agree would he really make me live on the streets? Sigh, whatever. I’ll just agree for now and think of ways to survive later. “I guess I can try, if you’re insisting this much…” I answered, clearing my throat.
 

“Thank you so much Hae Young-ah, I knew I could trust you!”
 

I gave him a meek smile and took a sip of my orange juice.
 

“So, starting today you will be living with Sehun, I’ll get someone to drop off your stu –
 

“WHAT?!?” I yelled, orange juice shooting out of my mouth. This is totally insane.
 

Mr. Oh wiped some juice off his face, “You will also be attending his school”
 

I stared at him, my eyes almost popping out with disbelief. Looking at my situation however, all I could manage was a soft “ok…”


“Don’t worry Hae Young-ah, knowing Sehun, he won’t lay a finger on you in a million years!” Mr Oh laughed. “Ah! I forgot to mention, you can’t tell him that you’re there to seduce him.”


Obviously I won’t tell him that, what am I going to say?

“Hi there, I’m here to seduce you”?

Once again, “ok…” was all that I could manage. I looked up at Mr. Oh, “Just a quick question, what do I say if he asks why I’m living with him?”  
 

He scratched his head, “Did I forget to mention that you’ll be living there as Sehun’s personal maid?”
 

Yes. Yes old man… yes you did. You forgot. I raised a brow at him, “personal maid?”

 

“Don’t stress too much, you just need to do whatever Sehun asks, including cooking, cleaning and washing clothes. Remember, your real goal is to make him fall for you.”
 

Cook, clean, wash clothes and whatever else Sehun asks… Personal Maid? More like personal slave.

“Ahjussi, why are you asking me to do this?”
 

He took a sip of his coffee, “Because our old maid left recently… more like she was fired… sigh, that was the third one this month.”
 

“No, no. I meant why are you making me seduc –

Wait a minute…

“THIRD ONE? AND ONLY IN THIS MONTH?”
 

Mr Oh sighed, “My son is a hard person to impress.” He placed his cup down onto the table and glanced at his watch, “Hae Young-ah, it has been nice talking to you but I need to attend a meeting now.”

He placed some cash on the table for the drinks, “Come on, I’ll give you a lift home”

 

My life was not always this complicated. There was a time when things were steady, and that was all before I moved in with my relatives, after my parent’s death.


My thoughts flashed back to that house, the scene that had happened just hours ago.


“What did you do?!” Ahjumma screamed when she saw Min Ah crying.


I stayed silent.

What am I supposed to say? “Your daughter started it first”? That would only come across as childish, and Min Ah, as usual would tell her that I’m lying. Honestly, ahjumma knows the truth. She knows how Min Ah is but even so, she doesn’t care.


I’m the outsider here, so I am the one to blame.


She walked up to me, and without a warning struck her hand across my face.


“Get out” She said, “Get out of my house right now.”

Gladly, I thought as I left.

 

 

“We’re here” ahjussi said, breaking my chain of thoughts. He pulled over at the side of the road and got out of the car, “Let’s put some ice on that cheek of yours when we get inside” He smiled.


“Y-yeah” I replied, a little embarrassed.


“I’ll send some people to get your clothes and stuff later on so just relax for now.”


“Thanks” I smiled, as he pressed in a code for the door.


“Sehun-ah!! Are you still sleeping?” Ahjussi called, walking into the house, “Sehun-ah!!”


There was no reply.


“Sehun-ah!!” He tried one more time.


Still no reply.


“Follow me,” ahjussi sighed walking upstairs, entering the last room in the hallway, “Sehun-ah, wake up” he said poking at the guy under his blankets.


After a few more pokes ahjussi gave up, “Hae Young-ah, I’m going to be late for the meeting so can you wake him up and introduce yourself for me? Thanks.”


Before I could even agree, or disagree, ahjussi had already stormed off.


I walked to the side of the bed and gave Sehun a light tap. Back when my parents were alive, we used to live next door to Sehun's family, and from what I can remember, most memories regarding Sehun were unpleasant moments.


I tapped him again, “Oh Sehun, wake up.”


“Shut up. You’re so annoying.” He grunted, grabbing my hand. “If you’re one of my dad’s ladies then you better get the hell out before I drag you out.”


Sehun sat up, the blanket falling off his body revealing his bare pale skin contrasting with his dark messy hair. He tightened his grip around my hand and pulled me in close, “Who the hell are you?” He asked.