"Good" News

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*******

After his late night with Taeil, Kyung felt happy to return to work the next day. He stepped into the elevator and happily pressed the 7th floor button. The elevator hummed as it made its way up to the offices. Kyung stepped into the familiar hall and smiled to all the people he vaguely knew from his earlier days. Not too many of them had worked with him, but he had had lunch with couple of the photographers and since Taeil knew pretty much everyone, Kyung had been introduced to all the editors and decorators.

Kyung turned down the hall that had all the big offices. Today was all about learning about the editing and marketing process, so Kyung was expected in one or the computer rooms. A cold chill ran up his spine as he realised that this was the last week of his internship and that during this week the supervisors would reveal the person leaving to Europe with Jiho.

Finally after a lot of searching Kyung found the room he was supposed to be in and was greeted by the other interns and a new supervisor, who Kyung hadn't met before. She started the lesson with some basic editing tips and tricks and after that moved onto the actual photo editing and marketing. She explained to the interns what made a picture good and what made it interesting for bigger companies.
Kyung had to admit that he didn't know all this information before hand and that lecture turned out ot be more helpful than Kyung had imagined.

After the two hour studying session, Kyung finally walked out of the studio and dug out his phone. He texted taeil and asked where he was and could he get lunch with him. Kyung had just sent the message when he heard one of his supervisors from the first week calling for him.

"Kyung" One of the supervisors called while waving his hand, "Would you mind coming into my office for a second?"

"Sure" Kyung said and his stomache was filled with ice.

Kyung must've looked terrified, because the supervisor instantly added:

"Don't worry, it's nothing to be concerned about"

Kyung followed the other male into his office, in which Kyung had never been in before. The interns spent most of their time in the studios and conference rooms.
The room was massive. It had hardwood floors and one wall was made entirely out of glass. The view that was unbelieveable, it was the entirety of Seoul city, right under his feet. It seemed like the kind of place Kyung would normally feel very out of place in, but Kyung had spent the last couple of weeks in such amazing locations, that he felt surprisingly comfortable.

"Have a seat" The owner of the office said and shook Kyung out of his thoughts.

Kyung sat on the black wooden chair that was placed on the opposite side of the desk. Kyung's gaze travelled around the other male's desk, which had many very interesting items on it and Kyung could've spent an entire day playing with them, but now he needed to focus his attention to something else or more importantly on the news his supervisor was about to lay on him.

"Do you have any idea why you have been called to my office today?" His supervisor asked and the tone of his voice told Kyung, that he was not messing around.

"No sir, I'm afraid I don't" Kyung answered truthfully, getting more and more nervous by the second.

"This is about the picture you took of Jiho, that got chosen for the Calvin Klein ad" His supervisor continued and Kyung didn't feel any better.

"What about that picture?" Kyung asked, not sure if he wanted to know the answer.

"That particular picture proved to us, that you are capable to do much more challening photoshoots and that is why we would like to send you to Europe with Jiho to work on the project for fashion week, if you are still interested?" His supervisor finished and Kyung felt completely astounded.

"Wait" Kyung said and took a deep breath, "I got it?"

"Yes, we are very impressed by your work"

"How about all the other interns" Kyung said and flailed his arms around, "I , compared to their work"

"You should have more faith in yourself" The supervisor said with a polite smile, "I wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter