Sobering reality

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There had been zero conversations about what had transpired between the males in the restaurant and Kuyng had been extra vigilant regarding his dream about Jiho. As long as he lived, he would never let Jiho know that he had dreamed that. At this point it's not like that mattered, but Kyung couldn't let Jiho have the victory of knowing that he had infiltrated Kyung's head like a disease. 

"Hey, we need you in a good headspace for this" The supervisor said and tapped Kyung on his shoulder, "Wake up from you weird daze"

"I'm up" Kyung said and turned his attention back into the black screen in the conference room.

They were going to have another check-in session with the big bosses back in Korea. They needed directions and feedback to keep going and Kyung had not been this aware of his own tongue in a long while. Everytime he tried to open his mouth to make any kind of point or comment, it felt like he was going to choke on it. He knew that he had not done anything wrong, if anything, it could be argued that he had finally done the right thing. Henry had given him valuable perspective on what he could do to keep the situation in his control and to put Jiho back into his place when needed to. Jiho obviously did not know about this conversation, but all that mattered was that Kyung now had the knowledge to how to handle this.

"They said it'll be 12 minutes and they'll be live" One of the assistants mentioned from the other side of table.

Kyung's role in these meetings was simply to nod and approve. He wasn't there to change things or to make himself a target in the eyes of the supervisors. He wanted to finish this project with as much dignity as he could, which he had come to realize was alot to ask; the things he wanted to do would bring dishonour onto his entire bloodline.

"Jiho submitted the final paper on time, thank god" 

Kyung's head perked up.

"What paper?" He asked, without even trying to hide his panic.

"He has to submit a feedback kind of paper, in which he details his issues and praises" The supervisor smiled, "Basically same thing as last time"

Kyung felt his pulse pick up, this was nothing like last time. So much had changed between thme and Kyung was fairly certain that Jiho was now hellbent of getting him fired and sent back to Korea, so he can get himself a nice new shiny toy to play with.

"Oh okay" was all Kyung oculd muster and he tightened his grip around the edge of the table. 

All he could now do now was sit in silence and hope for all of this to be over swiftly. Last time this had not been nearly so bad. Last time he had been able to expect the worst, but at least hope for the best, but now there was no hope. His entire 'relationship' or whatever this was, with Jiho had gone crashing d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter