The first day of work

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*********************

Kyung was more than ready to start his work the next morning. The meeting had lasted for about two hours and after that the interns had been sent home to get ready for the next day, the first official work day for them. Kyung had arrived home booming with energy. He was ready to start giving all he got. He knew that the beginning would be "humble". It was an un-spoken rule of the working world, that interns were mainly existed to carry coffee and look good infront of potential clients. Kyung didn't mind though. He was ready to experience all of it, in it's painful and dull beauty. Kyung knew that in the long run, this experince would be useful, it might get him employed in the area he was actually interested in. 

Kyung had told the super market he worked in, that he was quitting. They had all been quite surprised, but once Kyung talked to them about the internship, they had all been very understanding and supportive even. The owner of the store had even agreed on letting Kyung back in the team if the internship didn't work out for him. Kyung had just nodded, but remained silent. He was secretly hoping that he would never have to unbox another box full of cigarettes again. 

"Best of luck for the future" The owner said and with that Kyung took off. 

Kyung would be lying if he'd claim that it was not bittersweet to leave that day. That little messy and smelly supermarket had been his second home, through all the things that had happened to him. The people he had worked with there were his best friends, they knew all about him and leaving them behind was something Kyung thought he would never have to do. Then again, the thought of finally reaching for his life-long dream was so insanely exciting, it almost made up for the pain. Kyung was happy to move on, in the bottom of it all.

"Lee Kim Woo is expecting you in the studio 4" The same boy with the eyeglasses greeted Kyung in the hall. 

"Okay, great" Kyung said and started to walk away, but suddenly he stopped and spun on his heels, "I don't know your name, by the way"

"Oh, my name is Taeil" The shorter male said and smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you, officially" Kyung said and smiled back at him before leaving down the hallway. 

Kyung found the right stuodio after a small searching session. The studio was one of the biggest ones, that the company had and Kyung was so excited to be in a professional photoshooting set for the first time in his life. He knocked on the wooden door. He heard someone shouting from the otherside of the door 'Come in!', so Kyung just entered the room. 

It was a very well air-conditioned large room with a huge stage set up against one wall and a bundle of people on the other side. There were huge square lights shining on a set, which seemed to be a coffeehouse themed. huge cushiony chairs and wooden circle-shaped tables were laid out on a fake wooden floor. There were about 20 models seated around the 'coffeeshop' and they were all wearing tylish, but quite normal clothing. Jeans, cardigans and white t-shirts. Kyung allowed his gaze to explore through the different people, male and female. Most of them were around his age, some a bit younger, Kyung thought. one person in particular stood out for him, again. Jiho was positioned on the fake counter and he was wearing a leather jacket, a black hat and bleached jeans. He looked, once again, incredible. 

"Kyung, over here please!" A familiar voice called for him, one of the supervisors. 

Kyung walked over to him and the other interns that were standing aroud a table, that had a computer on it. On the screen of the computer, there were picutres of the models appearing on the screen one after the other. The supervisor noticed Kyung's confused expression and said:

"The pictures that are being taken righ now transfer to this computer automatically, that way we get to see the results instantly and we know when to change something, if needed"

Kyung nodded along the speech of the supervisor, taken aback by the teckonology that was used. He looked at the images and suddenly a picture of Jiho appeared. He was casually leaning on the counter apparently talking with the person behind the counter. He looked so casual and in character, he had clearly done this stuff before. 

"Now, on to your jobs of the day" The supervisor said, bringing Kyung back from his deep thoughts, "You will all be assisting in the process shooting todays pictures".

"Do we get to choose where we assist?" The blond female from yesterday, her name was Taesang ir Kyung remembered correctly. 

"No, unfortunately you have all been assigned to certain places" The supervisor said and looked at the lit on his hands, "Girls you will be working with the lighting and decorating today, Mingyu you have been assigned to supervising and editing and Kyung you will work with the photographer today, shadow him" 

Kyung's face spread to a childish smile. He got the best position, in his opinion. He would get to shadow an actual proffesional photographer. He smiled as they all separated to go towards the places they had been assigned to. Kyung walked over to the ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter