Evening with Taeil

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

************

Kyung got home the same day, tired, but happy. He had worked the entire day in the developing room. He had been developing pictures with the supervisors, but he had not learned anything new. The only thing he had actully payed attention to in the developing process, was the abundance of pictures starring Jiho. It seemed like he was the only model the company actually decided to represent. Kyung knew exactly why, the company had made this decision. Compared to all the pther models Kyung had met and shot so far, Jiho was easily the most attractive one. He also had this insane ability to get into his character, without any effort. He was the flawless bad boy, but a convincing innocent youngster. He could be a boss of a huge company and a officeworker taking a break. He had the ability to make the camera work for him and not the other way around.

Kyung opened the door to his apartment and threw his bag on the armchair he had. He sat on the floor and kicked his shoes off. He noticed the mail, that was in a neat pile on his carpet. He took the stack on envelopes and looked through them one by one. Bill, rent, mom's letter, bussiness cards and one envelope, that only had his name written across it. Kyung's breath hitched in his throath, when he realised what the letter was. it was his payment from the Sprite ad. It had arrived! Kyung ripped the envelope open and his jaw dropped. The number at the bottom of the check made him want to cry. It said on the paper that the money had been transfered on to his account and that the company was very sorry about the mix-up. Kyung stood up and made his way into his bedrom where he kept his new laptop. He grabbed it and opened the online bank service to check his account information. There it was. The money had been transfered over! Kyung wanted to scream, cry and hug someone. He had enough money to pay all his bills and maybe to even buy good groceries for once. He opened the 'Pay bills' -tab and one by one he payed all his bills. Gas, electric, water and finally he payed the rent. He called his landlord and announced happily to him that the money had been sent.

"Thank you so much!" The landlord said back and sounded quite surprised to find out that Kyung wasn't calling to get more time to pay the rent.

"My internship is paying alot better than I thought" Kyung said back to the landlord, who sounded very happy for him.

After Kyung ended the call, he felt his stomache grumbling. He had only had a salad in the cafeteria, because he couldn't afford anything better. It was healthy, sure, but Kyung missed the taste of meat and rice. He stood up and pulled his shoes back on. He exited the apartment complex and made his way to the local supermarket, not the one he used to work in. He didn't feel too comfortable to go and shop there, so he decided to visit the other one. He stepped in and chose himself a basket. He loaded it with watermelon, peaches, a few pears, some grapes and just as he was about to exit the fruit isle, when he spotted the bag of red apples. He remembered Jiho eating a juicy red apple in the cafeteria and with a devilish grin Kyung picked up the bag and placed it to his basket. He went on to buy some bread, milk, tea, juice, cereal, meat, rice and even some ice cream. he was standing in line to pay, when someone tapped him on the shoulder. Kyung spun around and saw the familiar pair of brown eyes staring at him behind the big glasses, Taeil.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter