Meeting

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------

The next morning Kyung sat up in his bed, feeling the light notions of a hangover glooming in the back of his head. He had not even drank that much, but damn did he feel horrible now. He slowly snuck out of bed and into the living room area, looking for a glass of water to drink down the taste of old liqueor from his mouth. He leaned on the cool marble counter and let the cold water run as it filled the big water glass he was holding. As the water made contact with his mouth he felt a wave of relief washing over him. He could probably get though today. All he had to do was get dressed and not embarrass himself in front of the big boss. He snuck back into his room and pulled a white collared shirt on with matching dress pants and a coat. He grabbed his hair wax and made his way into the bathroom to fix his hair and that's when Jiho came out of his room and Kyung stopped dead in his tracks when he saw him.

"Good morning" Jiho said and smiled as he walked past Kyung and into the bathroom.

"Yeah you too" Kyung mumbled and followed him.

Jiho hopped into the shower and Kyung barely caught a guilty glimpse of him before he closed the glass door behind him. Kyung walked up to the mirror and tried his best to calm the nest of auburn hair on his head. He couldn't help his eyes from travelling to the closed shower booth that was now steaming up because of the hot water running inside. He kept seeing Jiho's hand press up againts the glass as he washed himself. 

"You should hop in with all that staring, it'll be alot more fun that way" Jiho's familiar cocky voice called from inside the shower.

Kyung shook himself awake from the brief hypnosis watching Jiho had put him under and for a brief second he imagined what it would be to jump in there with him, but Jiho's voice shook him right awake.

"Haha you are hilarious" Kyung huffed and left the bathroom with his heart punding in his ears.

He pulled his backpack over his shoulder and just sort of yelped a 'see you later!' towards the bathroom before escaping and making his way to the lobby to see his supervisors and to prep for the meeting.

"Kyung! Good morning! How did you sleep?" One of the supervisors greeted and gave Kyung a small wave, "Hope you are ready to go, they have some coffee and breakfast for us in the conference room"

All Kyung could muster was a nod, because he was quite positive that opening his mouth would lead to him spewing all over the lobby's carpet. 

They entered a massive conference room with a videocall set up on the far wall. The boss was already there sitting in the familiar office that Kyung had been in when he heard the good news about him getting the internship position. There was also another video window open with a young woman wearing an earpiece, most likely an assistant or secretary, Kyung thought. They sat down around the table and the first chance Kyung got he grabbed the coffee pot sitting in the middle of the table and poured himself a cup, gulping it down with hopes of it bringing him back to life. 

"I have sent all of you a list of everything we must go through during this meeting and I'll be assigning your turns to talk when I feel it is necessary" The boss started talking, "We'll start with the current progress and then move on the economics of the projects future"

Kyung opened his laptop and his email inbox and a 40 page pdf, which quickly made him realise why they had set the entire day aside for one meeting, this was going to go on for a while. 

"Park Kyung, could I have your thoughts on the project thus far and if you feel there is something we should work on or change? As I understand you have been intimately working with one of our leading models and the progress has been fulfillinf?" The boss asked and Kyung felt heat in his cheeks as he turned to face the video feed. 

"Y-yes sir, we have been working together quite closely and thus far it has been very fulfilling" Kyung answered, trying his best to keep all the dirty double entendres to himself.

"Have you considered if you want to finish this project or hand the controls over to someone else?" The boss asked as the secretary was furiously typing in the other window.

"Hand the controls to someone else sir? You mean to quit in the middle?" Kyung asked, dumbfounded. 

"Yes" The boss said and suddenly he turned quite uncomfortable, "We are aware that working with someone like Jiho can be taxing and we understand if you feel that you are at your wits end and wish to not continue"

Kyung felt completely blindsided. They were expecting him to quit and give up. How weak did they think he was? He felt angry, confused and sad. Did they not think he could do this?

"Well sir, if I may be quite upfront with you" Kyung said and he felt the supervisor tense up next to him, clearly nervous, "I have not had any issues working with Jiho thus far and wish for nothing more than to continue working on this project and bring it to its end by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter