The single biggest dream of his life

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**********************

Park Kyung was desperate, to say the least. He was pacing back and forth in his small city apartment, sweating because of the summer heat. He repeatedly pulled his bangs off of his face, but they kept falling back on his eyes. What was he going to do? He had no job, the landlord was constantly breathing down his neck because of the unpaid rent, his boyfriend of many years had left him for a rich New yorker and his mom had left his dad and married another man, that was refusing to notice Kyung's presence, even if he was just a few centimeters away from him. His life was going downhill definetly, but all these little problems were nothing compared to the biggest problem of all. 
He was unemployed.

He had spent his entire life creating and studying the one thing he loved more than anything, photography. He had taken very expensive classes and he had worked as a kindergarden intern for almost two years to buy himself a good camera. Now it all seemed to be for nothing. The last job he had done had been in December, it was July. He had been working evening shifts at the nearby grocery store, but the pay wasn't good enough to pay for the apartment or food. Kyung had just tried to ignore all the bad things going on and he had done all he could to stay positive, but now it was all catching up with him.
He was screwed.

A sudden knock on his door froze him in the middle of his pacing. Who could it be? The landlord? 
Kyung shook a little as he approached the door and opened it. Behind the door was a young woman, roughly his age, alot shorter than him, carrying a huge box.

"Your order" She mumbled, clearly struggling to talk and carry the enormous at the same time.

Kyung quickly helped the girl get the box into his apartment and signed the advice of arrival. The girl thanked him and left, leaving the male alone with the box.
He hadn't ordered anything. The male spent about 20 minutes just staring at the box, confused. He had no reason to be afraid that the box could contain something dangerous, did he? Kyung slowly walked to his kitchen, which was really just a cupboard with an oven and a washing machine. He took out a pair of scissors and returned to the mystery box. He slowly pierced the top fo the box open and cut the rest of the tape. He lifted the cover off and looked inside. There was a white box inside. The male could barely believe his eyes. It was a laptop, not just any cheap/rental laptop, but a brand new macbook. All the man could do was stare. Who had sent this? Why? He didn't remember participating in any competitions, where he could've won it from, except for the draw at the nearby bakery, but he was quite sure the main prize for that was a 12-pack of donuts. Slowly he reached inside the box and pulled out the smaller white box. He just held it in his hands, baffled. He took another look inside the bigger box and noticed a small note on the bottom of the box. It was just a couple of lines and it was handwritten.

"It's never too late to study for another career, good luck! Mom"

Kyung felt a crumble of anger inside of him. His mom had gotten this for him, just so he could study for another profession? It made Kyung feel very very humiliated and for a moment he considered just packing the computer back into its box and sending it back to his mother. He took a few calming breaths and thought this thing through again. The computer was worth more than his monthly salary. This computer could be a big help, if he ever actually managed to get a photographing job again and there must've been some other reason for his mom to buy this for him. Could it be out of guilt? After all Kyung ad lost almost all connection with his mother after his parents got divorced and his mther must feel responsible for that. After all, she was the one who went to the lawyer's office to get the divorce papers and forced his father to sign them or at least that is how Kyung saw the situation. Kyung opened the box containing the computer and just one look of the brand new silver colored laptop made him dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter