Uh... You Can't...?

Give Me One Reason Not To Kill You {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Complicated stuff is complicated since I kinda went like 'here's like 20 different facts about this stuff in one chapter hopefully you get it' by accident... Oh well, you can always just read it over or ask me if you need me to phrase it differently :P


Once Jeonghan reached the rooftop and saw the fenced area, he couldn't help but think 'gawd flipping bleep it'. Right then and there, he knew that he was royally screwed, especially in this kind of setting.

"So this is where you are."

Jeonghan turns around, slowly backing up, "Well aren't you fast..."

Mingyu simply shrugs, taking a step forward with each of Jeonghan's step back, "Vampires are pretty nimble on their feet."

The long-haired boy soon felt his fate once he felt the metal chain-link fence behind him. As expected, Mingyu surrounds him by grabbing the fence behind him, cornering him into the area.

"Jeez, if I knew that I was going to die this early then I should've figured that it would be by vampire," Jeonghan murmurs with slight sarcasm, not bothering with another excuse because he knew that it won't work this time.

"None of my victims knew that it would be by me, but then again, no one had blood as good as your's," Mingyu says, slowly leaning into Jeonghan's neck.

Maybe Hansol was right to hiss at this guy...! Jeonghan squeezes his eyes shut, feeling himself sweat along with his muscles tensing.

He opens his eyes, meeting Mingyu's very shocked expression, at the odd sound of something clinking against something on the right side of his head.

They both turn and see a dagger that was thrown into and stuck in the space of the fence, cutting Mingyu's left hand slightly. Soon a sizzling sound came from Mingyu's hand before he screams in pain and lifts himself off of the fence.

"OW! When did silver daggers burn THIS much?!" Mingyu yells as he holds his hand.

"Jeonghan-hyung! Move away!"

At the familiar voice, Jeonghan immediately moves away before watching as Mingyu turns around at the last minute before being pushed up to the fence by Hansol before he's surrounded and pinned down by daggers in a blink of an eye.

To say that Jeonghan was surprised at the sight of Hansol with daggers in a leather pocket with a leather strap wrapped around his leg was an understatement.

"Why do these daggers hurt so much?" Mingyu hissed in pain due to the daggers digging into his skin before closing his mouth shut as Hansol points a dagger at Mingyu's neck.

Hansol simply scoffs, "Because I soak these in holy water-"

"Are you TRYING to kill me?!" before shutting up again as Hansol stabs the dagger into the space beside his neck.

"As an exorcist: yes. As someone who is trying to protect Jeonghan from monsters like you: YES."

"What kind of exorcist kills an evil spirit instead of banishing it?!"

"Oh shut it," Hansol rolls his eyes, raising another dagger to plunge into the vampire's heart but Jeonghan's mouth acted before his mind.

"Stop!"

The dagger is abruptly stopped, the tip of it barely touching the shirt of Mingyu's P.E. uniform. Hansol turns his head over to Jeonghan, scrunching up his eyebrows in confusion, "Jeonghan-hyung, you do realize that I should kill this guy before he kills you, right?"

"I-I know, but..." honestly, he really didn't know. Was he just worrying about the guilt that would overtake after Mingyu is killed off? Or maybe he was just being merciful. The only thing really playing over and over in his mind is how Mingyu had saved him from the incoming car.

"Wow, did you fall too deeply in love with me to let me die?" and there was the half-joking, half-amused tone of voice.

"Do note that I can kill you at any moment right now," Hansol glared at the taller.

Jeonghan awkwardly scratched the back of his head, "Am I being too merciful?" he asked no one in particular.

"No."

"Yes."

All he could really do is sigh, "Just... Just let him go for now... I'm really not up to deciding Mingyu-yah's fate right now."

Hansol was reluctant but still followed, back away from Mingyu and taking back his daggers. He quickly chases after Jeonghan, who was heading towards the door back to the stairs that lead back into the building, leaving a shocked Mingyu behind on the rooftop.

Well, at least he thought that they left him behind until the vampire was suddenly beside him and asking, "You're really letting me go like that?"

And that time Jeonghan really did jump back along with Hansol.

He almost forgot that vampires are effortlessly quick.

Mingyu seemed to appreciate it but still looked a bit guilty, "I mean, seriously? After chasing you around the school and wanting to drink your blood until you're dead you still want to spare me?"

"I don't know, just remembering the scary moment of the distress that your life is about to be gone in a second even though there are people who can help is- well- sympathetic... maybe I'm just being dumb..." Jeonghan murmured, trying his best to put his mind into words, "What about you? Why did you save me?"

"Well after your a thousand-and-something years old parents telling you about mobs chasing after them... I guess my reason is more empathy than sympathy when I saw you," Mingyu smiled, "But really, thank you for saving me there."

Jeonghan smiled back before remembering a certain someone, turning to the boy trailing behind them, "So Hansol-yah, are you going to explain what all of that was?"

The younger gulped nervously, "Uh- I may or may not be an exorcist... well one specialized in physical combat rather than spiritual combat... since I kinda in making successful talismans and stuff like that..."

"Uh-huh, continue explaining, especially about the weapons against vampires and such," Jeonghan points to the pocket of daggers strapped around Hansol's leg [and notices how Mingyu shivers].

"Oh- uh- crosses," he holds up his wrist to show his small cross, "They're basically like a barrier against magic so- uh- that's why I'm still moving even though Mingyu's magic was set up to stop all living things..."

A side-glance to Mingyu, "All vampires have their own individual special magic but our magic is too weak to be set off in large scale so drinking blood usually helps in increasing the scale... as you can tell mine is being able to freeze all living things in time and when I unfreeze them it seems like nothing ever happened to them in the first place. It's kind of an 'all or nothing' kind of magic since I can't choose who I want to freeze and unfreeze."

He looks back to Hansol, who still seems awkward, "Anyways, you can't really kill vampires 'cause they're- well- immortal and immune to literally everything unlike the tales about how light, garlic, wooden stakes, and needing permission to enter a building or house are their weaknesses-"

"In all honesty, light is just annoying, garlic is disgusting, the most damage wooden stakes can do is give splinters which can obviously be healed over, and the last is some myth made by some kind of idiot-"

"So really the only weakness of vampires is holy water since that permanently rids a vampire without giving the vampire a chance to rejunivate their bodies quickly unless- uh- complicated stuff... yeah..."

"... Okay then," he turns around and continues to walk, taking an easy guess that the other two were really surprised at how casual he was when in fact his mind was freaking out right now. Really, the casual facade was to make sure that his mind could slowly calm down and think about everything that the two just told him in total.

When his mind finally calms down, he could feel his eyebrows scrunch up in confusion at remembering one specific section of their conversation.

If Mingyu's magic is 'all or nothing', then shouldn't he have frozen too since he didn't have a cross with him?