We're Stuck in an Illusion

Give Me One Reason Not To Kill You {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Uh- sorry guys... you won't get an explanation for the end of this chapter until the end of September... maybe


Everything felt oddly fishy the next morning. He wasn't quite sure if it was just Hansol's paranoia rubbing off on him or if the air actually changed slightly when he reached school grounds.

For some reason, there air changed enough to make him feel uncomfortable.

"You guys feel that too... right?" Jeonghan asked quietly, unconsciously walking closer to Jisoo's side. Hansol gives a slight nod whereas Jisoo replies back, "The change in the atmosphere? Yeah."

"Hey-"

And in a flash of an eye Hansol had Mingyu in a head hold with Jisoo holding Jeonghan protectively. Maybe in a different situation, Jeonghan would've found the fact that Hansol can even manage to catch a giant like Mingyu off guard to be impressive but this isn't said different situation. In all honesty, he pitied the poor vampire who went pale with fear and a frozen smile stuck to his face.

"Hansol, let the poor soul go," Jeonghan sighed, slowly pushing his guardian angel away. Luckily it didn't take much persuading for Hansol to let go as he immediately releases his grip.

Unluckily, Mingyu fell to the ground onto his knees, hyperventilating, "Oh my gawd I just saw my life flash before my eyes again..."

"It's not coming from Mingyu, that's for sure," Hansol tells Jisoo, who nods in agreement. Both were very oblivious to Jeonghan rubbing poor Mingyu's back, the latter immediately going to the long-haired boy for a hug as he was still panicking.

It's amazing that he's suppose to be a vampire... Jeonghan continues to rub his back soothingly, watching how Hansol and Jisoo were discussing about what could be the cause for the atmosphere.

Abruptly, he saw a wisp of familiar orange hair.

When he blinks, it's gone, yet somehow the image has been burned into his mind.


"Jeonghan, stay by me."

Said boy stares at Jisoo, responding with, "Aren't I always with you?"

Uncharacteristically, his guardian angel's eyebrow furrow slightly, speaking with a stern tone, "That's not what I meant. I mean stay closer to me today. Everything is feeling weird right now, even everyone here."

At that, Jeonghan turns to the classroom and looks, seeing familiar faces talking with each other casually as the teacher had yet to arrive. Of course Jeonghan understood what Jisoo meant through how the everything felt foreign for some reason, and yet visually there was nothing wrong. He ruffles his hair slightly before turning back to Jisoo, "Now that I think about it, where are Seungcheol, Wonwoo, and Junhui?"

"Seungcheol's most likely clinging to Jihoon and Wonwoo and Junhui are probably bickering again. Anyways, just stay nearby, okay? I already have a bad feeling about this situation." and that was the last thing said before the teacher comes in.


"Everything feels off and it's starting to bother me really badly..." Hansol muttered under his breath once they reached P.E. Mingyu nods at that, adding on, "Is it me or does everyone seem to ignore you too?"

"Well they're just ignoring us like we ignore them some times, right?" Jeonghan tried to reason, but even he doubted his own words at that.

"Yoon Jeonghan! You're up for running a lap!"

The long-haired boy does as he says, taking his position by fellow classmates. At the sound of a whistle, he starts to sprint, easily passing the other three as he was close to the finish line but it was around that area that he heard shouting. He turns his head to catch a glimpse of a dishevelled Junhui shouting incoherent things as Jisoo was sprinting towards him and the sky was cracking.

And the everything went blue at the blink of an eye

Jeonghan tripped over something in a state of confusion after everyone disappeared from his sight. He fell to the ground with a thud, a yelp of pain choking him as he felt thorns draw out blood from his ankle. It was only until then did he realize that he tripped over a thick vine of thorns that now constricted his ankle.

"O-Ow...! Wha...?!" Jeonghan pushes himself to sit up from the now grassy area. He looks at his ankle to see that the vine of thorns was wrapping tighter around his ankle.

It was then that he decided to look up from the grass that wasn't suppose to be there and realized that he was no longer at school. Jeonghan was in a crowded where green grass was below him and he was surrounded by an arch of thorny blue rose blushes that extended infinitely, the leaves barely giving peeps to a pastel pink sky. A shadow looms over him and he looks up to see the familiar back of a woman with bright orange hair standing in front of him.

"I told you not to come."

Jeonghan stared at the woman, lost as to what she meant.

"I promised her to keep you safe."

"What are you tal- OW!" tears pricked his eyes as the vine drew more blood from his ankle, he grits his teeth before continuing, "What do you want with me?!"

"I want... I want..."

The bushes began to burn, the red color reflecting onto the blue roses and making it appear purple. Jeonghan panicked before all of a sudden, his surroundings fall down one by one, turning into cardboard with crayon drawings resembling to those drawn by a kid, slowly revealling his previous setting.

He was back.

He glanced up at the sky where a flock of birds was frozen mid-flight before bringing his gaze back down slightly. Everyone looked dishevelled, as though they had just spent a vast amount of energy while he was gone and stuck in that illusion. He wanted to say something, anything, but the words were simply stuck in his throat. Maybe it was the abrupt sense of relief or maybe it was his sense of feelings flowing out with the blood from his ankles- all he knew was that Wonwoo only served to answer his nonexistent questions.

Wonwoo kneels down and pulls Jeonghan into a hug.

He didn't understand why this felt so familiar.