19. SHADES

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Second Confession: Chapter 19

 

 

 

SHADES

The seas are composed of millions of species. All have distinct characteristics and food chains to follow, yet it shares a sole form of ground that all of them need, water. Like a metaphor of the seas, all the way where fishes could not live and everything is dry, the IFA cafeteria. Three sharks sat. Adorned with different expressions as all the spectators’ eye fall upon them with hidden curiosity.

 

Taeyeon Jung is enjoying her plate of salad and steak, paired with the complimentary wine. The cafeteria is fancy, and she is fancy. Kwon Yuri is smirking, sitting beside the older twin. Arms crossed, and amused face painted in her face. And Jessica Jung is confused. The water bottle sitting in front of her remained idle.

 

“How come you are here? And how did you enroll yourself, and my classmate too? As far as I know you detest fashion. You detest silk which you believed are from silk worms, and you are disgusted of all the tailor’s saliva that is needed to coat the thread for it to enter the needle’s hole. And to think, I am quite enjoying my independent life and you came barging again like a small little hero? Why?” Jessica asked her twin who is still apparently munching the steak like a child. With her white napkin tucked in her collar, she looked exactly like she is, a spoilt brat.  

 

The fact that Taeyeon surprised her and everyone with her own little red carpet appearance in IFA is enough for Jessica to retaliate. Taeyeon is up to something, she can feel it.

 

“And you, who let you enter the school? You are not a student here too, are you?” Jessica eyed Yuri with a hope that Taeyeon is the only problem she has within the campus. Yuri smiled, a little bit too charming to make the girls sitting at the nearby table to let out a barrage of hushed giggles.

 

“No, I came to pick you up. They also have this small ID passes for outsiders.” Yuri held up the little identification card dangling in her neck. Jessica heaved a sigh of relief, after which a menacing glare at the girls. Of course, being the omnipotent one, she heard them.

 

“Taeyeon! Answer me!” she demanded again.

 

“Relax twinnie. I am only a temporary student here. If you call a one day student temporary then I guess I am.” Taeyeon wiped the steak’s sauce away from the corners of her lips. Giving Jessica a share of her happy smile. Jessica and Yuri blasted her with contrasting looks, Jessica in an inarguably tired of crap look and Yuri the amused one look.

 

“How?” The tanned girl asked the girl beside her.

 

“The head of the faculty is Daddy’s friend. I want to get on with this news as soon as possible. I need to go back to Korea by sundown.” Taeyeon shrugged, taking small sips from her wine.

 

“Why?” Jessica asked.

 

“Twinnie, my great sister, my partner in crime, my companion for 9 months, I am getting married and you should be there. So file your allowable absences for a day or two, and accompany me in the days of my maturity.” Taeyeon with a beam held Jessica’s hands in hers whilst the younger twin composed her surprised self with the comfort given by her free hand.

 

It is not a best way to cry in happiness for her sister when in fact the three of them are in a cafeteria full of people who does not deserve the joyous news. Give Taeyeon the applause for the choice of breaking the news, blame also her temper and the impatient nature.

 

“Oh my God Twinnie! Are you serious? I am so happy for you! I will definitely be there. Oh my God, what should I wear?! Baby will you help me find a dress later?” Jessica giddily jumped on her seat, grabbing Yuri’s hands in a swift motion then swinging it back and forth.

 

“Yes, don’t bother with the dress twinnie. Fany specifically wants to design it herself, and you might want to be ready for the entourage of pink. And it is just a simple wedding in Yuchiri.” Taeyeon replied causing a momentary pause of Jessica’s mini celebration. How outrageous it is to share your vows in the country side with pink sheets worshipping your bodies. It is in fact an insult to the pigs.

 

“Congratulations little devil. You’ve earned a doctor. A hot one at that.” Yuri patted Taeyeon in the back. The other hand never left her girlfriend’s, even it does hurt with all of Jessica’s squeezing.

 

“Thank you for breaking up with her, Big Devil.” Taeyeon returned the remark in which Yuri gave a thumbs up.

 

“I better get going now=. Study hard, Twinnie. I’ll see you in Korea. And Kwon, take care of her okay?” Taeyeon stood up from her seat. She kissed Jessica’s cheek goodbye.

 

In a span of seconds, where Taeyeon is supposed to take her exit with flying colors, it is blocked with a mere shadow casting her view of the pavement. She looked up only to witness Jessie’s big grin, her hands extended.

 

“Hi~!”

 

“Who are you?” Taeyeon asked, her eyes narrowing. Darting all the way down the long length of her interceptor. Jessica slapped her forehead, taking refuge in Yuri’s shoulders. The thing is, she is quite afraid for Jessie. Taeyeon is, well. Taeyeon.

 

“Who is this tall blonde Sica? Am I going to expect something?” Yuri breathed in Jessica’s ears, draping her arms around her girlfriend.  Obviously liking the drama in front of her. Given that Taeyeon has been blocked, and she never gets blocked by anyone. For so, she is the leader when it comes to spontaneous reactions.

 

“I am not enjoying this Yuri, this is my first day of school and I have already found the devil inside that tall lump of unbaked pastry dough and Taeyeon is, oh my god.” Jessica replied, encircling both of her arms to hug Yuri. The tanned millionaire gave up a knowing ah.

 

“I am Jessie Walters, Jessica’s friend. Nice to finally meet you Taeyeon! And oh my, you look hotter in person the last time I saw you on the tabloids, you have this greyish hair and now, oh my, black suits you.  But I am taller than you. But it’s okay, we will grow fond of each other and I will certainly be you tour guide in the school. How about it, 8 tomorrow? Pick me up at my apartment? Give me your number and I will text you the address.” Jessie fetched her iPhone from her pocket then proceeded to level it with Taeyeon’s steely gaze. And also, in a matter of seconds, her phone is in Taeyeon’s hands. Jessie and her two minion’s eyes bulged from their sockets, so as Yuri. For two reasons actually:

 

One, Taeyeon agreed.

Two, Taeyeon is not going to let her words slide.

 

“Is your self-confidence really that high that you actually think everything revolves around you?” Taeyeon asked, sitting on the cafeteria table with her arms crossed and her eyes piercing.

 

She awaits for an answer, but clearly, Jessie has been too pre occupied with absorbing the question that aims a hit towards her big ego. Not to mention, her day has been pretty bad with the whole new Queen Bee drama. And it all comes down to two people who is coincidentally, twins.

 

“You can’t answer?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. With her questions being thrown back at her with silence, she sighed. She fiddled on Jessie’s phone briefly, a smirk playing on her face.

 

“Here. Does your cellphone supports international texting? Well, it says that my message is sent. So I reckon that you have? I have to send a text to my fiancée in Korea, she is waiting for me to comeback. And I am sorry for bursting your high bubble, but I am only a student here for a day. You see, my twin here is denying your existence which can only mean that you are not her friend. Am I right?” Taeyeon returned Jessie’s phone in her hands.

 

“Baby, you need to watch this. Everyone is watching and Jessie is losing!” Yuri took her time to pry Jessica’s head out of her shoulders by shaking her. And to no avail, Jessica Jung is glued to her spot. More drama, and her life here is doomed. It is not a good sign to be the talk of the whole campus.

 

Jessie accepted her phone with an unreadable expression. Her whole emotional state has been crumbling down and her voice is currently on hiatus to even make an accepting reply to the shorter girl in front of her. Her eyes darted to the couple behind Taeyeon, unconsciously her lips on the sight of her precious human meal Kwon Yuri with a Jessica Jung topping.

 

How can she have it all? A hot girlfriend, a hot twin, a hot brother, hot friends, hot popularity and hot money trailing behind. Guess I am going to be that person who will extinguish that flame then.

 

Her lips extended into a thin line, walking past through Taeyeon which elicited a loud murmur from the crowd. You can’t just pass Taeyeon like that, it is a common rule.

 

“Did she just pass through Taeyeon? Oh my god.” An Asian looking girl in spectacles commented, and it reached Jessie’s ears but she heeded no notice. With a regain conviction and a proud self finally intact, this time she approached Yuri with a grin. Eyes twinkling and all.

 

“Hi!” Jessie echoed her greeting. Jessica’s head shot back up in the air, hearing the voice in a very near proximity. The tension is heating, with Taeyeon being left out in the midst of her asking a question and Jessie now after Yuri.

 

“Hello!” Yuri returned the greeting enthusiastically.

 

Upon the reciprocated attention, Jessie’s face lighted up in an instant.

 

“So, are you free tonight?” She flirted and Yuri instantly smiled. Jessica noticed the slight force exerted by Yuri’s hands in her shoulders, but that did not stopped her from reacting.

 

“Seriously?!” she slapped Yuri’s shoulders.

 

“Oh shut up Jung.”

 

“I’m actually free Jessie.” Yuri replied, ignoring Jessica’s outburst. Taeyeon is already fuming behind Jessie, eyeing Yuri with god knows what.

 

“Oh my god! Really?! Gina, reserve the restaurant. Hurry! And Casey, girl you have to buy that dress, okay?” Jessie instructed her two minions who scurried to their own phones.

 

“I am not free for you. I admit you’re pretty. But wow, you really have that self-confidence and guts, I must say. I am a fan of it. Can’t you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter