Chapter II

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER II

“Yuri and her Yuchiri Squad”

 

YURI’S POV

 

The sun is already high up in the sky when I finished my morning jog, since Dad planned this annoying immersion thingy I am compelled to oblige.  I am his golden daughter who had no social life and no friends except for my rowdy and obnoxious childhood bestfriend Choi Sooyoung, who happens also to be his favourite messenger for my miseries, he holds a buffet for Sooyoung every month just because he loves her like that. 

Actually I have two friends, Tiffany, my ever beautiful first love, my first girlfriend, my very first, you know? Yes, you get the idea.  The top doctor in the Seoul Medical Hospital.  Her age and her pretty face does not sum up to her top doctor persona.  Those fanclubs she has formed during her high school and college days up to the fanclubs she formed during her peak as the hot top doctor of Seoul are pretty much intact in numbers, but they see Fany as this serious medical miracle and does not treasure rainbows and stars, they are wrong.  So wrong.  She likes pink, she is loud, and she is Choi Sooyoung’s cousin.  Their family tree clearly are pigs, eats here and everywhere!  I find it utterly funny that Tiffany is always present in Sooyoung’s annual buffet celebration.  Dad always beams at her and nags me why I broke up with her.  In high school, my eyes portrayed Tiffany as this perfect girl in her cheer leader outfit and with a dazzling eyesmile so I grabbed the chance to court her and she said yes, and we felt the stage of those they called “puppy love” we enjoyed things, travel together since we are both well off and money is not an issue.  We ended things pretty smoothly, as you can see we are still best of friends.  We agreed that we both did not feel love, we just dated.  But Sooyoung really doesn’t buy that.  Let her be.  I am tired of all her ramblings.

 

 My family? They are fine.  Heck No! I have this younger sister who resembles Sooyoung with her eating habits, good thing she studies in the States so my food bills are not as high as before, when she lives here with me. My brother Jun who is my Dad’s one true heir who never fails to obey him like a lovestruck puppy, well at least my brother has his own set of friends, they are pretty decent in my opinion, no need to worry on that “He is just after your money oppa!” line, that is clearly pretty much, overused, in those drama programs I watch in the television.  Mum is my worst nightmare, she left.  I was three that time, visibly tanned, since my skin is not yet fully stretched.  Dad says she will not be coming back, he never fully elaborated that part.  Not that I am curious about her whereabouts, she never really acted like a mother to me you know? She only cares about Fashion, and I am not planning to know her fashion label. Me, Dad, My sis and Jun are pretty much “Family Goals”

 

~~

 

It is my tradition and routine to drink coffee after I am done with my daily morning jogs, so I paved my way towards the nearest coffee shop by the intersection right in front of my apartment.  I admit I am pretty much attractive and tall and tanned and athletic and rich and a millionaire and I am Tiffany Hwang’s ex and so on and so forth.  And because of that I am gaining a massive amount of gawking and staring from different set of age, from this little girl in a beanie to this grandma that is still in her pajamas.  Believe me when I say that Sooyoung is much more conceited.

I ordered an Americano and head towards my apartment for a shower.  What will I do today? I guess I’ll just buy my necessities for the immersion.  What if that town is infested with virus that I don’t know of?  I better be ready. 

Swiping the card to open the door is a piece of cake, but dealing with a grinning Choi Sooyoung isn’t.

 

“Mind telling me why you are here again?” I huffed in annoyance.

 

“Well Good Morning to you too Lady Kwon.  You see, Pops asked me to accompany you to the nearest mall.  He wants you to buy everything you need before your grand expedition the day after tomorrow.” The giant replied, in front of her is an enormous bowl filled with chips.  Great now I have my annoying bestfriend tagging along with me.  Apparently her family owns that mall so I think despite all of this negativity she brought, the scenario still has its own sense of positivity.  I smiled at her she stared back, squinting her big eyes as if studying me.

 

“Oh no, you are not going to have this freebies in my mall Kwon Yuri.” She wriggled her long fingers in my face.

 

“Why? You own that, and I’m your bestfriend.” I retorted back. I settled myself beside her and tried my luck on the chips in the bowl, only to have my hands to be squatted away.  This greedy human being! May I remind her that those are my precious chips?

 

“It’s my family’s.  I am not the heir apparent you dumb monkey.”

 

Due to my flaming desire on getting back to Choi Sooyoung, I didn’t replied to her anymore she will have her own set of flawless replies anyway.  Since I am indeed dumb, I can’t waste my energy sparring with her, verbally.  I opened the door to my room to have a quick shower.  After I am done showering, I contemplated on the things that I wanted to bring in that town when I heard a sudden banging of the door.  Who is it now?  My house is not a common room!

 

“Who?!”

 

“Yuwreeeeee! Hi!”

 

Tiffany Hwang.  Double Great.  Damn this cousins.

 

~~

 

 

“So what do you want to buy first?” Tiffany asked, clinging into my arm as if her life depended on it.  Doesn’t she have any surgery scheduled or something like that?  Aside from jeans and a couple of leather jackets and sweaters, I think I don’t need any necessities as of the moment, maybe insect repellents.  Of course I need food and such.  Flashlights, sleeping bags, tents, those entered my mind but then I realized that we are not going for a camping trip.  So here I am with Tiffany and Sooyoung in their mall looking like three spoilt over-dressed-for-shopping brats. 

 

After I finished shopping for my jeans and jackets, I have no reason to stay here anymore, not with this two.  They will kill me with their nonstop bickering.

 

“I told you Tiffany to stop shopping for pink items!  For god’s sake you’re a doctor! A top one in your field, I may add!  Can we just eat please?” Sooyoung pleaded, her hands forming in a prayer gesture.  Tiffany, as usual did not heed any attention to her cousin as she shopped for pink medical gloves, which I believe she ordered for customization.

 

“Fany~ah.  Let’s eat, your cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter