Chapter XII

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XII

“Yuri and the Twinnie’s squad”

 

Can you keep your voice down? You’ll wake her up!

 

Can you keep your hissing to yourself too?

 

Can the both of you just shut up? You look like David and Goliath!

 

And you look like Samson.

 

, Taeng you bulls eyed her there!

 

I know Soo, I know.  Give me a hug Goliath!

 

I will David! Samson go find your Delilah!

 

Curse the both of you.

 

Okay.  What in the world is happening? Is it just me or I am hearing some voices in my head?  And they are talking about biblical characters too.  Ever since Jessica and Tiffany went into their Cali vacation, I am left with nothing else to do, but watch the Wimbledon tournament in the television.  Time to time, Jessica would call to check on me, like if I went out with some girls behind her back and if I still love her, of course I still do.  What the heck is she thinking?  I’ve been out with some girls but they are not girls exactly considering how they act and all.  Sooyoung and Yoona would occasionally barge in my apartment, bully my refrigerator, drag me in the junkyard condo as they call it and we will play cards for the whole day.  Jessica’s annoying twin sister Taeyeon has joined the gang but she acts as leader.  The two giants follow her like two puppies waiting for their height deprive owner to feed them Burger King burgers.  Hyoyeon and Sunny have been good, they are quite doing well in their own in the university.  Establishing their dreams through different clubs that can harness their own skills.  Take Hyoyeon for example, joining the dance club indeed boosted her popularity in the underground dancing competitions, and well, let’s just say she has been earning quite a lot.  This girl is born for parties.  Sunny is still the cute bunny, but the drunkard bunny is Sunny’s new image.  The new Suchin University DJ has been on the roll, making a new face for the university radio.  And here I am, still the same.  I still have a long way to go in order to know Jessica Jung’s whole dictionary of likes and dislikes.  Of course by time, I will still learn all of it anyway.  It’s a lie if I am going to say that asking Taeyeon about it did not cross my mind, it did.  Countless of times.  But that midget will not do my bidding without a price, a very pricey price.  She is a true Rumpelstiltskin, an entity that can do anything for a price, but Taeyeon Jung is an upgraded Rumple, she is a goddess Rumple. 

As I squirm in my bed trying to find a better position to at least lessen the annoying hissing and whispering I am hearing, I suddenly felt cold when my blanket is nowhere to be found.

 

“What the?” Groggily I opened my eyes.  Sooyoung, Taeyeon and my sister in their elite form.  Wearing what looks like a tennis outfits, with their sun visors and all.  They look very trustworthy, a bunch where I can trust that they’ll do nothing to make my day worst, but their grins smashed my glass of hope.  Looking for an alternative escape, I went Back under my pillow.

 

“Oh no you don’t!  Come with us you anti-social dork.”  Sooyoung jumped into the bed, holding me an arm lock.  Yoona’s laugh is so annoying, I’ll get her next time.  Stealing my car and then this? I don’t want to freaking play tennis.  Its summer, the heat of the sun will burn me even more, as if I am not burnt enough.  As her sister she sould be the one who will stop this two minion of the devil in sabotaging my perfect rest day, but here she is joining forces with them and I am outnumbered.  I groaned and slap Sooyoung’s face, she whimpered.  Good for you.

 

“Oh My god Soo.  Your face is red! Kimchi black fried rice!” Taeyeon laughed like a grandma. Grabbing the ends of my comforter for support. Her insults are tear-jerking, this brat!  Sooyoung grimaced at the situation, she did not utter a single word.  Her pride must hurt like hell now, Aigoo my best bud is sulking.

 

“I’m sorry Soo.  Now come on, you want to play tennis? Let’s play!” I immediately went to the bathroom without waiting for Sooyoung to reply.

 

~~

 

With my sole purpose of showing them out of my house, subtly, I let myself soak in the water for the whole 30 minutes before starting my daily 1 hour bath.  I want to bore the hell out of those idiots so that they can leave me in peace.  But oh, man I am very very wrong.

 

“Done already unnie? The movie is not on its yet.  Come join us for a bit, we’ll go when this is done.” Yoona casually asked me.  Peeking her small head to acquire eye contact with me.  The three of them are watching a movie in my living room!  And the mess! Sooyoung! My supplies!  God, I’m going to starve.  My efforts all put into waste and the condition of my hands is in its worst state, due to the whole 30 minute of soaking in the water, my palms turned into an egg roll.  An unbearable sight.  Taeyeon is sleeping in the sofa, she looks like an elf.  I will strangle her later if I have a chance.  Pretty sure she is the one who is behind of this agenda, good thing she and my one and only is fraternal twins, me killing her will be easier.  And Jessica will kill me instead, and I will be trapped in the limbo with her annoying twin.  I decided that I’ll let Taeyeon live.  Drying my hair, I settled between Soo and Yoong who is in the floor with their own bowl of popcorns.  They are both watching Titanic again. How many times did they watch that?  Sooyoung being a massive fan of romance flicks and Leonardo di Caprio, she is praying for a husband ever since.  Yoona on the other hand just enjoys watching any movies that is in her preference.

 

“You’re watching this again? Come on, this is way back in 1997.” I asked, holding the dvd case in my hand.  The both of them just looked at me with a shocked face.  Sooyoung being the overrated one has a hand in her chest.

 

“Do you know how important Jack and Rose’s love?”

 

“Yeah, yeah.  In the end he’ll die anyway.  Actually, the both of them will survive if they took turns in that platform to be honest.  Jack is too giving to Rose.  Rose has a life jacket.  She can float for 15 minutes or so, and Jack can warm up, then they will took turns again. Jack will be in the water again and vice versa.” A chirp of a bird.  Silence took over the three of us.  I wonder what I told them this time, I am quite right.

 

“Since when did you become a critic anyway?” Yoona replied.

 

“Can we just go?” I asked the both of them impatiently.  I saw Taeyeon shift her position and is now facing the back rest of the sofa.

 

“Right.  Come on wake up the dwarf this time, Black White.” Sooyoung took a big whiff of her popcorn in her hands before swallowing it whole.  Turning the tv off, both of them took their leave by the door. 

 

I circled Taeyeon who is sleeping like a cute demon child.  Facing now the back of the sofa, I placed my hands firmly at the couch and with all my might, I turned it upside down, together with the sleeping demon.  We are even now, I can’t forget how she threw me in the river.  This time, a solid hardwood floor can hurt like hell.  A smile of a champion, I win.

 

~~

“ you.  I’ll tell Jessica about this.” Taeyeon hissed in the backseat of the car.  Applying a cold compress in her swollen forehead.  Sooyoung and Yoona howled in laughter, including me who is driving towards the private flyway.  We are going to Japan to play tennis.  Yoong and Soo wants to eat sushi so Taeyeon suggested we go to Japan, I have no complaints since I have achieved wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter