Chapter XV

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XV

“Yuri and the Truth”

 

YURI’S POV

By the time Taeyeon and Tiffany set foot in the villa, it is almost 10 o’clock.  The rest of us are already finished with our respective dinner, with the exemption of Sooyoung and Yoona who are beside me munching some shawarma wraps that’s left from the mini lunch we had a while ago.  We are watching this movie with a Percy in it, I just can’t remember the exact title since it is so damn long.  But it is quite an interesting movie. 

 

Jessica’s head shoot upwards at the sudden gush of air in her skin.  Reading a fashion magazine is Jessica’s haven, to the point that she ignored me the whole time.  Ignoring meaning laying in my lap as I casually combs her hair, engaging small talks from time to time only to be answered by a hum and a nod.

 

“Where did the both of you go?” She asked Tiffany with an accusing glare.  Taeyeon looks pale and unusual?  If everything is normal, Taeyeon would probably have this signature erted grin in her face.  Considering the fact that they must’ve done the dirty again.  Oh shoot.  But no, her face is dead panned and serious.

 

“We just lost track of time.  We are hanging out in the coconut trees in the shore.  Really.” Tiffany replied, taking the seat beside Seohyun.  Casually looking at each of the girls’ eyes to prove her point that they did not do something rated. 

 

“Oh, really?” Sunny replied sarcastically.

 

“Really.” Suddenly the temperature dropped and for the first time, I saw a different Taeyeon.  It is not her, her eyes, her expression and everything is not just the way we perceive her.  Her aura is different.  Something is wrong.  Jessica must’ve notice it too, her sudden fidgeting gave it away.

 

“Yuri, I want to talk with you for a minute.  Can I?” she asked, her voice is so stoic I gulped.  I looked at Jessica and she nodded her head.  I followed Taeyeon outside, and slowly I felt cold.  Not due to the breezy ocean wind, but because I can sense that nothing good is going to come out of this conversation.

 

~~

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

Twinnie and my girlfriend left us all dumbfounded in the living room.  Only the sound effects and the constant blabber of the characters in the movie are providing the audio in the vicinity.  Tiffany is seated beside Seohyun, her hands are on her lap and her head is hanging low.

 

I took the liberty of asking her what’s wrong since I know that Yuri has something to do with it and when Yuri is involved, there is no way on earth that I will stand back and watch.  Yoona and Sooyoung stopped eating, Hyoyeon positioned herself in the couch, facing Tiffany with utmost interest, Sunny crossed her arms, and Seohyun turned off the movie for respect.  Then at the small amount of time, silence engulfed us.

 

“So?”

 

“Jess, I don’t know how to start.” She said.

 

“Go on.” I urged.

 

“Your brother.” Yunho? What did he do this time?

 

“What about him?” The other girls’ heads are all swaying from me to Tiffany and from Tiffany to me, I didn’t mind their presence.  We are all a family here and me keeping secret from my family is a nono.

 

“Jess, you are in an arrange marriage.  He….he….has already a fiancée for you.”

 

Tsk.  Typical Yunho.  What the heck is he thinking?  Just because he is the temporary Chairman of the company then he will act like this? Taking us in his leash?  Dad is not dead yet! For s sake Dad is just ill.  He will not die.  No.  Fiancée my .

 

“He is not in the position to do that.” I replied rather confidently but the sight of Taeyeon earlier gave me a slight feeling of uneasiness since Taeyeon is not the scared type.  She has her ways and I hope she has it now.  I don’t want to get married to any other person in this world other than Yuri. 

 

Yunho…How can I ing start to describe Yunho..  ever since his first girlfriend dump him for his possessive attitude, my brother has never been the same.

 

“He is the temporary Chairman of your company.  Technically, he is in the position.” Sooyoung butted in.  And clearly she’s right.

 

“Then who is my fiancée then? I suppose he is not richer or more influential than the Kwons?” I smirked.  Knowing Yuri’s family background, there is no way any company can fit perfectly to be my fiancée.  But Tiffany’s face is just so freaking worried that I am starting to gain cold sweat.

 

“Donghae Whitmore.”

 

I knew it.  Our expansion in the steel industries only gave him that opportunity to get me, again.  Sure the Whitmore’s are top in terms of Steel business and I suppose Yunho wants to pair me up with the top so that he could also relish the top spot.  Donghae has been my annoying suitor ever since, he is handsome alright and diligent.  Quite frankly, he is so classy.  But what can I do if the Kwon Yuri is the one who has my heart ever since, you just can’t mask my love with some looks and status like that.

I can still persuade Yunho that Yuri is my girlfriend.  That’s it.  he can engage the both of us in marriage.

 

“Well, I can ask Yunho to engage me with Yuri instead.  Besides who can took down the offer of having ties with the Kwon Corp.?” I ask Tiffany.  The others snorted.

 

“Yeah, Hi sissy in law!” Yoona fist pumped and I high fived her.  What’s with the deal of Taeyeon being that serious when the matter at hand is simple?  I don’t know what is the fuss all about.

 

“Jessica, don’t you get it?” she rubbed her face in annoyance.

 

“What is that supposed to mean?” This time Hyoyeon got enough.  Everyone here is in my side and can feel their annoyance too.

 

“Donghae is Rebecca Whitmore’s son.”

 

I just happened to remain stagnant in my seat as I digest the fact that my supposed to be fiancée and my girlfriend are half-sisters and half-brothers.  I never actually noticed any resemblance in Donghae, maybe because he gets his genes from his of a mom and Yuri just happens to all of his dad’s positive aura and energy.  The world is so small for all of us, Whitmore, tsk.  What will Yuri feel? I personally think that Rebecca has nothing to do with this, it’s just the destiny trying to make this hard for both Yuri and me.

 

“I will not marry him.” I stated firmly.  Tiffany sighed, so as Sooyoung.

 

“I may be not familiar with how Yunho plan things, but Jess, he is popular among the business world to be assertive in his stance.  Even Taeyeon is having a hard time finding ways on how to get out of this mess.  Yunho is determined to let you tie the knot with Donghae, he is not even interested in the Kwon’s!” Tiffany’s voice raised. 

 

“If he still considers me as his sister, he will not do this.  I’ll marry Yuri if I have to!”

 

“No. Jessica, stop being so selfish.” Tiffany hissed under her breathe.  Selfish? Me? Why would I be?

 

“Me? Why? Maybe because this is all your plan all along Tiff? To get Yuri back all for yourself! And don’t you dare use Taeyeon in your little agenda because hell as I will destroy you.” Even I was surprised by my sudden accusation.  But I have no choice! I am ing angry at the situation itself that I miss the purpose on why my friends are telling me this.  Hyoyeon and Sunny gasped, while Seohyun came up behind me to put her hands in my shoulders. 

 

 

“How dare you?! For God’s sake, I am trying to knock some sense in that mind of yours Jessica! If you think me that way then you are so ing wrong! I am Yuri’s best friend! I know that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter