3. When I am not who You think I am

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Second Confession: Chapter 3

When I am not who You think I am

She felt her hands shake. Beads of sweat are starting to form causing the unwelcomed wetness. Must be a sign of nervousness or the happiness within, Tiffany cannot decipher. The uproar of Taeyeon's voice equipped with its usual brat invoiced tone and the demanding flow of sentence construction, Dr. Hwang knew that she is not her girfriend.

But then she did tried to compel herself on believing the fact that maybe Taeyeon is just irritated and tired and in pain. But then again, the eyes, void of emotion and void love boring holes in her own surprised ones, Tiffany succumbed. A lone tear dropped when Taeyeon's eyes finally met her own. Way past back, the feeling is mutual. The unsaid words of 'i love you' and 'i love you too' is heard by the heart when their eyes meet. And now, it seems that the feeling is one sided.

The doctors flew inside the suite room in a blur. Checking the vitals and the attached machines while Taeyeon stared at them with disgust. Finding any answers on why she is like this.

"Hey Fany! I bought break.....Holy ." Sooyoung entered the commotion. A box of food and two steaming coffees in her hand. Sooyoung mirrored her cousin's stoic face when she saw how Taeyeon Jung is now in her own awake glory.

"Ms. Choi, I would suggest you to please bring Dr. Hwang outside for the mean time...Miss Taeyeon is experiencing some post traumatic amnesia." Dr. Park approached Sooyoung and leaned towards her ear to suppress the whispers he is about to conceal. Sooyoung nodded. Just when she is about to reach for Tiffany's stiff shoulders, the doctor suddenly took a step towards Taeyeon. The tear streaken face is nowhere to be seen when the Doctor extended her cold hands for a handshake, her eyesmile appeared almost instantly.

"Hi, Miss Taeyeon. I'm Dr. Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you."

~~

"Are you really that dumb?" Sooyoung blurted out. Massaging her temples, she expelled a sigh. Taking large gulps of her hot tea.

"She has amnesia. She will not remember me anyway." Tiffany replied monotonously. Now in her casual outfit, the cousins decided to take a breath of air, taking refuge in the nearby coffee shop in which they admit, too low for their standards.

"What kind of mindset is that? You can just hug her and say 'Taetae Why can't you remember me? I am your girlfriend.' then her head will ache and she will remember your memories, your smile....."

Sooyoung paused for a money and grabbed the burger beside her. Then resumed her monologue.

"Then she will stare at you, the love in her eyes coming back. Then you will cry and she will too. Hugs and kisses. I will never leave you again. I love you. End." she said breathlessly. Tiffany stared at her with wide eyes.

"You watch so much drama with Yoona. That is so cliche."

"But then again, it might do the trick. That will save you from all this horrendous idea of introducing yourself as her personal doctor. Then what? What if she will not fall in love with you again? Then what? You'll come crying to us? Then what? What? You know how many living human beings want to get their face in the lime light of the twin's eyes." Sooyoung questioned. Currently in her 2nd burger in a row. A short moment of silence between the cousins when the a loud sound of a door opening resonated throughout the cafe. Gasps and murmurs echoed, eyes bulging and Tiffany just knew why.

"Why is Taeyeon like that?" Jessica Jung plopped herself beside Sooyoung who is utterly not surprised by the intrusion of Taeyeon's twin. Instead she diverted her eyes at the rather worn down Yuri wearing her aviators. A group of giggly high school girls growing giddy at the back table. The tanned girl automatically leaned down at the crook of Jessica's neck, hugging her by the waist and Sooyoung can attest that Kwon Yuri is dead tired, hence the sunglasses.

"What happened to her?" Sooyoung pouted her lips towards Yuri. Jessica took a momentary glance at her girlfriend in her shoulders.

"It is her fault anyway. Blaming herself solely for Taeyeon's accident. As if I don't know why she is so damn focused she can't hear her sister's constant shouting. I am not shallow, she thinks that I will break up with her. For the love of god." Jessica replied in a fast manner. Rolling her eyes in the process.

"So what did you do?" Sooyoung asked.

"I let her sleep outside."

"You are a monster. How dare you." Sooyoung mockingly gritted her teeth. But knowing Jessica Jung, the unfazed ice monster. Sooyoung retreated.

"So, Tiffany Hwang." Jessica's voice came out in a soft manner. Tiffany raised her head to meet her lover's twin. She sighed in relief seeing the tenderness. She is not angry.

"She has a short term amnesia. Knowing that she can remember you. She can remember me too but only as a high school batch mate and the Dr. From the tv." Tiffany explained. All the hope drained out of her body. The fact that the love of her life is currently and momentarily back to her old proud self and worst not head over heels for her is so much to handle. Tiffany is not that kind of girl to ponder on what ifs. She will go with the flow, and right now she wants rest from all the heartaches. Perhaps a trip to Europe will do. Yes she plans to do it.

"When I visited her, she high fived Yuri. Asking me what did I do that I finally got her in the leash. She remembered everything, except...." Jessica trailed off, caressing Yuri's hair with her hand.

"Except, the things that happened after that. The Yuchiri moments, The race, The way how drastically she changed because of Tiffany and her feelings." Sooyoung finished.

"She is back to being that bratty sister of mine. The spoiled one. Gosh why did I even tolerated that attitude of hers way back?" Jessica huffed.

"Tiffany, it is up to you to make her remember."

"What? you mean run after her and force her to love me again?" a wide eyed Tiffany exclaimed. What is the purpose of saying that they are lovers when in fact Taeyeon has no feelings for her at the moment? besides she doesn't know how to deal with a Taeyeon that is not in love with her.

"Look. if we are meant to be. Then we are. let's just go on with the flow and let her enjoy her life."

"Yeah sure." both Sooyoung and Jessica dead panned.

~~

After numerous checks and scans, Taeyeon managed to recover fast. Sure with the attendance of the best Doctors in Seoul Medical Hospital it is a give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter