Chapter XIX

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER XIV

“The Peace before the Storm”

 

Yuchiri was a quiet and peaceful place, until the millionaires appeared one night when the moon is at its highest.  Chief Noh, the head of the village, woke up from his deep slumber when a roar of what sounds like a new car in the market echoed.

 

  It is better to be safe

 

He mumbled inaudibly in his mind.  Although the thought of being torn between the classic outcomes of dubbing him as an exaggerated old man or being killed on the spot by an unknown burglar or murderer who is not obviously trained from stealing with stealth.  What kind of criminal will allow their car to roar like that?

I guess they like formalities so much that they want to announce their arrival.

 

Once again, the Chief replied to his own spirits.  He chuckled a little, knowing how funny he must’ve look right now.  Gathering his senses back, the fine old man of Yuchiri grabbed the nearby protection detail he vowed to never ever use.  The circumstances right now gave him a way to use the old shotgun that is passed down from generations, from his grandfather’s grandfather all the way to him.  He is planning to give it to Sunny before he will leave this world, but he doubted the idea. 

 For one, he is not certain that the shotgun which is probably made in the World War II is even working in the first place.  Secondly, he does not know whether the insides of the gun is filled with bullets that is actually necessary.  A long streak of sweat flowed in the sides of Chief Noh’s forehead.  He can still use it as a weapon, he agreed on that idea.

 

Opening the small window pane in his small living room, Chief Noh peeked on the small horizontal opening.  The eyes bothered by the feeling of fear and curiosity bulged at the sight of the five people alighting from the white BMW sedan.  Chief Noh held his breath,

 

This people looked exactly like my daughter and her friends.

 

Chief Noh, lowered his shotgun when he got a clearer view at his so called ‘late night visitors’

 

The red haired girl, the shortest, wearing an oversized nike sweater and a cap to cover the flaming head.  Chief Noh could not believe that he is actually seeing his daughter in this state.  He wondered what Seoul did to Sunny to transform in this kind of persona, he himself could not even fathom.  Although he admit, his daughter looks way more beautiful, attractive even to say the least.

 

Short blonde hair visible in the moonlight, clad in her grey sleeveless shirt, Chief Noh could not make a mistake in identifying Kim Hyoyeon’s laugh.  But he wondered why she chopped her hair in a shoulder length one.  But attested, that like his daughter, Hyoyeon did come a long way.

 

The tall one, pinkish hair, she looks like she is ready to sleep with her attire, classic pajamas and a fur coat.  With her loud and obnoxious voice, Chief Noh smiled at the sudden confirmation that indeed Choi Sooyoung has come back to Yuchiri.

How can he forget the face of Kwon Yoona which practically blinded him the first time he met the small Kwon on her way to the traditional house?  No, never in his whole lifetime.  Although the village chief is loyal to his wife, he took quite a great favoritism to the brown haired driver of the white BMW.  What is practically the reason behind little Kwon’s visit in Yuchiri along with everyone? He don’t know.

 

What surprised him the most is the appearance of the last inhabitant of the sedan. The person Chief Noh predicted to be the last of the immersion squad who will visit this poor village again.  Jung Jessica, one of the twins Chief Noh believed to the descendants of both Hades and Aphrodite.  Their love child.  The tracksuit she is wearing and the grey hoodie that covers her brown hair is not doing justice, but she looks as good as the last day she saw her.  He ought to see Taeyeon and Yuri too, he misses those two black and white frenemies. But the sedan only houses 5 ethereal passengers.  And he is even more curious at their agenda.

 

 

Finally sensing that there is no danger in the late night criminals he dubbed the five girls, the slightly sleepy man wedge himself out on the cold veranda of his house.  Immediately the cold is hovering atop of his skin ready to be felt.   In an instant, the gush of the coldness Yuchiri is experiencing gave Chief Noh a share. 

 

Wrapping himself with is old worn out jacket, Chief Noh gathered all of his morning voice which is apparently still husky.  He shouted,

 

“WHAT ARE THE FIVE OF YOU DOING HERE IN YUCHIRI?! AT THIS HOUR!”

 

Instead of an expectation of a cowering group, the five ladies beamed at their second father, well except for Sunny.  They know exactly that Chief Noh is a shouting machine.

 

~~

 

“…….so that is why we need to let Jessica stay here for a short time Chief Noh.  Her brother will find her anyway,” Sooyoung explained everything from the beginning up to the end of the situation over a cup of steaming tea.  The rest nodded in approval as Chief Noh eyed the sleeping princess at the nearby couch.  He coughed several times before rubbing his chin.  No matter how close he is towards the chaebol, he can’t bare to hide her when in fact she is being sought.  But, this ‘finding her’ game is a punishment for her brother. 

 

“Okay.  Since this is not a criminal plot.” Chief Noh decided.  Earning a wide smile from everyone.  He then gestured Sunny who knows perfectly what he is saying with just a brief second of eye contact.  The small red haired girl dashed her way out of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter