16. THAT ONE PERSON, YOU

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Second Confession Chapter 16:

 

THAT ONE PERSON, YOU

Moments after Taeyeon Jung barged and destroyed the looming silence haven in the junkyard, the unbearable noiseless situation remains. Sooyoung and Yoona took the comforts of the couch as they waited for Yuri to speak up. This predicament is not impossible but totally unexpected. Considering the fact that Taeyeon is the kind of person that will watch from the curtains of her own observation and will only act if she is provoked. Clearly something happened that triggered it. Most importantly, it is not the fact that Taeyeon literally despite her small frame managed to land a right hook on Yuri’s face but it is the future scenarios that will emerged from what transpired a while back. What will Tiffany do? Will this affect their friendship? And what will the impact of that hook do to Kwon Yuri’s brain? It is unknown as per the tanned girl is still in daze. Aiding her cut lip with an ice pack.

 

“What did you do now, huh Kwon?” Sooyoung asked. Crossing her arms as she eyed Yuri curiously.

 

“Broke up with her sister?” Yuri answered in an unsure manner.

Yoona had to release the air inside her lungs. Her sister is so frustrating. Did she bump her skull when she is young? Maybe before she is born. That is why the damage is so big and it is hard to glue that cracks into pieces. Words and other advices ae not the glues anymore, Taeyeon’s punch still didn’t made a successful attempt in making those cracks to fix itself. As Yuri’s answers are still in its own nonsense packaging.

 

“You broke with her a while back. Not to mention, we celebrated the first snow together. If Taeyeon wants you dead the instant you broke little twinnie’s heart, she will do so. But you are alive, as of now.” Sooyoung attested, leaning towards Yuri, searching for a better response.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You are always the don’t in the know category. How are you supposed to know the know?” Sooyoung frustratingly answered back. Taking big strides towards the kitchen, she opened up the glass cupboard to get a small glass. Yoona predicted that Sooyoung will only drink a glass of water out of the unbearable frustration. But Sooyoung did not, instead she settled back in the couch and placed the glass in front of Yuri. Taking a peek at the object, Yuri eyed Sooyoung. “What is this?”

 

“A glass.” With proudness in her voice, Sooyoung remarked.

 

“And this is?” Sooyoung held up a water bottle.

 

“A water bottle.” Yoona answered, eyes darting back and forth. What is Sooyoung up to right now?

 

“And inside is water right?” Sooyoung questioned the sister. The water bottle still floating in the midair as Sooyoung held it.

 

“Yes.” The sisters chorused, representing a child’s choir.

 

“And water is?”

 

“Life.” Yuri said, it is an obvious quote. A literally present truth in all of the earth.

“What are you doing, like what are you doing exactly?” Yoona inspected the glass, in case Sooyoung is just in her mood to blabber about unpurified dishes again. The transparent kitchenware stood in its expensive glory, no sign of chips and any dusts.

 

“I am trying a new module for Kwon Yuri enlightenment 101. So my dear, stay on your seat and let me explain.” Sooyoung took the glass away from Yoona while Yuri remained idle in her spot. She placed it back on the table where it is supposed to be, grabbing the cap of the water bottle, Sooyoung turned it clockwise, opening it.

 

“I am now pouring the life a.k.a the water in this useless glass. Now, you can actually see a harmony, the glass has now served its purpose, while the water is clearly safe and is in its rightful place.” Sooyoung smiled, hoping that Yuri gets what thought is embedded in her little demonstration. When Yuri and Yoona both gave her a questioning look, Sooyoung grumbled.

 

This slow sisters is slower than the slowest slow in the world where the slowest species crawl!

 

“To say it in a less philosophical manner, let us name this glass as Kwon Yuri, ironically, your name means glass in Korean so this make sense. I am now using the very common figure of speech, i.e Personification.” Her long fingers pointed upwards, an action of righteous self-confidence and the all-knowing gesture came into resurrection.

 

“And the water is what I call Sica water. Don’t interrupt me little deer.” She shushed Yoona who is apparently going to open to ask the question again.

 

“Kwon Yuri the glass, is fragile, unsure of what her purpose and what is she supposed to do with her existence. She may be a great piece of décor in those antique houses where witches live and their jju jju dolls, or she may be a substitute pencil case to those students who are keen to pass their last subject, but, these are not the glass’ main purpose. It is not made for decorations, nor a case. It is meant for one sole purpose, to hold the water for human’s desire to clench the thirst and also to sustain the life in them, i.e drinking.” Sooyoung held up the water filled glass in level with Yuri’s frozen gaze.

 

“You, are useless, you can break in a minute or two when you are not used in the right way as what you are made to do. You said you are lost, that you can’t find yourself.  Well, that is because my friend, you are wrongly positioning yourself in the situation where you knew you don’t belong. You don’t know what you are supposed to do, because this is not meant for you.” Sooyoung solemnly placed the glass back in the table as she looked into Yuri, with a sigh, she continued.

“What I mean to say is, Jessica gives you a purpose, she is the life that fills you. She is the life that you needed in this useless one of yours. Without her, you are lost, the path that are you are meant to take is supposed to be with her, together. Both of you can do grave things when separated, without the mere sound of her breathing beside you, the fragile glass in you will break, and the pieces will only hurt the others who will try to place it back together. And her, she is the one who sustains life, but she will also be the rash one who will not stop even if she hurts someone along her way not until she finds a new haven.” Sooyoung then drank the water in the glass, the long sentences she had uttered made dry and if she still wants to continue her lesson, she needs this.

 

“You help her, and she helps you. You, Kwon Yuri is the one who holds her, gives security and most of all, the love she deserved. Because no matter how you put it, the water will aimlessly flow, finding a container that has a capacity to give justice to the importance that it holds. And Jessica is exactly like that, a gem that needs appreciation, assurance. If you think that you don’t need her to live and be the person that you truly are, you are wrong. If you think that we, your friends, your family will help get through with everything, you are still wrong. Yes, you need us, but let’s use the personification tactic again, picture us as a packet of juice powder, milk powder, in Taeyeon’s case, coffee powder. That bitter elf is right anyway, I am not taking sides, fyi.” Sooyoung chuckled a little when she saw a glint of colorless tears b Yuri’s eyes. Perhaps, she indeed struck a little bit of realization in Yuri’s mind. If only she needs a punch and simple English to get her to know what she wants then maybe, they all planned to do this all along. In fact, she will inform Taeyeon to buy Disney to make a film with Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung’s love story as a main plot with a glass and water as the main characters.

 

“We are just those mere flavorings in your life. But those powders needs water to be that flavorful drinks. For us to give your existence a purpose, we all need Jessica to complete it. We need her to make you excited in every trips we go, we need her to every pranks that we plan to do with you, and we need here to witness the true you. Think about it. When you go deep into what I am saying, then with all the pureness of my heart, I congratulate you…..You have found yourself.”

 

 Sooyoung stood up, her long limbs extending towards Yuri. Yuri, with tears b in her eyes, is on her feet, accepting Sooyoung’s handshake. It is all clear, thanks to all this picture slash object comparison thingy. Yoona lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter