The Second Confession I. Forever, Right?

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Second Confession: Chapter One

 

“Forever, Right?”

 

Sometimes believing at the known quote that “everything happens for a reason” is a mere representation of denial.  Maybe because the things that happened are not bound to take place anyway, and this somehow turned into a tool that kept the mind at ease.  A tinge of hope in times of darkness.  But does everything really happens for a reason? 

 

The consequences are still blur, the ending is still not seen, but the present is visible.  We do everything we desire, some, we can’t help but be carried away to do those things that we are not meant to do.  Funny to think that the regret is never at the beginning, it is always in the end.

 

 

 

The Second Confession………

 

In the next lifetime, Will I ever have a chance to love you again?

 

Yuri had a long night, a very long night indeed.  After the surprise kidnapping courtesy of her sister and her bestfriend, she is now laying with a pounding head now with the sole reason of hangover.  Although the arm around her waist seemingly stopped all the pain she is feeling. She opened her eyes slowly, by the time all of her surroundings is clear in her vision, Jessica’s princess like face appeared.  Yuri thanked the heavens for such a blessing, kissing the older girl’s cheeks.  She heaved herself out of the soft sheets of Sunny’s Yuchiri room.  Emitting a little chuckle over her girlfriend who did not even move, Yuri headed outside of the house with an unexplainable heavy feeling deep within her heart.  For some reason, the sensation given by the sudden emotion is overwhelming.  She cannot fathom what is and why is she feeling this way.  Just then a bright hue of orange and yellow obscured her view, it is just another morning where she will face palm at Yoona and Sooyoung’s dramatic antics, be amazed at how Hyoyeon and Sunny can plow the fields with their bare hands and with a cow, call Seohyun with an intention to lighten up the mood of the girl for her first major surgery, scold Tiffany for ditching her shift to eat dim sum at the high end restaurant in Gangnam, blame Taeyeon for everything, and fell helplessly in love with Jessica Jung all over again.

 

But why, why is it? She can’t understand.

 

Two months passed and everything went back to normal.  That feeling that surged in Yuri’s heart faded and eventually the tanned woman forgot about it.  Now, everyone is at peace.  Or so they thought.

 

“Yuri come on.  It’s just a friendly race.  Accept it.” Sooyoung urged Yuri one rainy afternoon in the junkyard.  Yuri rolled her eyes at the statement.  The rain itself is not helping because they are stuck in the junkyard for a day and worst, it is the best time for Jessica to sleep.  They never bothered the princess when she is in her slumberland.

 

“The tracks are wet Sooyoung.” She stated as a matter of factly in which the food god nodded as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Precisely.  That is why cars have spikes in their tires.”

 

“Why would I even accept a race with Taeyeon Jung?” Yuri asked, turning her whole attention to Sooyoung.  Eyeing the cups of ramen sprawled in the floor, Yuri pondered on the idea that maybe Sooyoung is just hungry that she agreed on Taeyeon’s little race.

 

“Because we are all bored.  And boo.  You seem to tire your girlfriend so much now that you have popped her cherry.” Sooyoung muttered.  Yuri cradled her temple with her hands, talking to herself to stay calm as Sooyoung broached the topic about cherry popping again.

 

As far as Yuri remembered, the whole flow of emotions on the last camping trip in Greece just sort of do a way for the couple to level up their relationship. i.e giving each other selves to each other.  If that is not redundant enough.

 

“Stop.”

 

“I will if you’ll agree with me.  Come on Yul, Baby Lambo is rotting in our garage!” Sooyoung whined.

 

“Fine.  When and Where?”

 

“Sweet.”

~~

 

A month back..

 

“Why did you have to be that soft to let go of that proposition that fast! I thought you are smart! Heck, you can’t even rebut with a sensible plan to salvage the engagement?! It is essential for us to be partnered with TSJ! How dare you waste all my efforts in dressing you as this when you can’t even grant me a single deal? You are as pathetic as your old self!  The rags did so much better in you, when you go home, throw that clothes right away, it does not deserve to cling on your skin!”

 

Harsh. Bold. Insulting.  Perhaps, those three words are the least that can describe the voice of the man sitting in a black leather chair, a glass of brandy in his hands.  Wesley Whitmore has never been this furious.

 

 The woman in her white corporate attire never looked this frail and intimidated, a new image, a hidden one.  The whole world perceived he woman as a superior one, head of a fashion house, happily married to the ‘man of steel’, but hidden beneath those thick make up and the expensive ensembles of designer clothing, is a slave.

 

“The Chairman is the one who cancelled it.  Yunho has no other choice! And Jessica is missing, what do you expect out of the situation Wesley? Can we just find another company to associate with? TSJ is still so big, not within our league.” A timid tone erupted from the woman.  Rebecca flinched when the glass flew from the hands of her so called husband, missing her head by a mere inch.  The crash of the impact of the small glass echoed in the vast office.

 

“So you are saying that I am a weakling? My company is not big enough? Then what? Who is the one who deserves the hands of the Jungs? The Kwons? Oh, enlighten me.”

 

“Yuri has nothing to do with this.  Neither do Jun, Yoona or their father.  I married you, so let them go.” Rebecca gritted her teeth to suppress her anger.  Dealing with an abusive husband is enough, coping up with a controlling one is worse, but most of all being with him is the worst.

 

Rebecca left her family, because of the guilt her heart wields.  She had an affair.  A very nice way to destroy a woman’s dignity, her whole self.  An affair she dubbed as a mistake.  She is forced. Forced to leave a perfect life togethr wit her daughters and son, Forced to leave the man she trully loved. Forcing to marry the man you have an affair with because you are afraid to destroy the lives of the one you cared for the most, this is what Rebecca did. 

The old Wesley is not like the man she is facing right now, the old him is warm and fatherly.  The world is cruel, it makes everything turn.  He became greedy of everything.  Money, but most of all love. 

Threatening the lives of her son and daughters, this was his trump card.  And by the way his eyes gleam in the darkness and his shadows formed a silhouette of demon, she became afraid.  A coward.  Hidden in the dark, every secret she has.  Putting up a fake façade to lie to the world, to lie to everyone.

 

“She is everything that has got to with all of this! What is In that family that haunts me?! First, they stole you.  Now my business! Now what?! My company is in the verge of bankruptcy and you ruin the only hope we can back up again.  So much for a fool like you.” He hissed.  And like playing a little game of throw and shout, Wesley Whitmore threw the other glass across the hall.

 

“They never stole me from you! You did! If you did not threaten Yoona and Yuri’s life, I would never marry you! Piece of trash! And how can you blame them for the downfall of your company? YOU are the one who has been doing this illegal drug cartels underground! You blew everything up.” a blink of a second, that’s what it has to take to snap Rebecca out of her control.  She burst in anger.  The clenched fist is a representation, she kept her stance.  Wesley smiled.

 

“But you are still married to me.  Believe it or not, it is great that Yuri is involved with the Jung’s somehow.  I get to hit two birds with one stone.” He smiled a crooked one.

 

“What exactly are you implying?” she asked.  The cold air once dwendelled in the wide space composed of the unhappy married couple.  Wesley took another glass and poured himself a glass full of alcohol. 

 

“I love revenge.  You should too.”

 

~~

Dark clouds, an almost abandoned racing track, three racers, two annoyed girlfriends, one interested Kwon, two best of friends enjoying the breeze, and an observant soon to be doctor, slurping the cold tea in front of her.  The gang is complete.

 

“I really don’t know why Taeyeon is so eager to race at this time of the season.  God it will rain soon.  And I am failing my job as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter