Securing Partnerships

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 months later

 

*SHK's POV*

"Appa, do I really have to? Can't Onew just attend it? I really have a lot on my plate right now," I whine. I can't believe my dad is forcing me to attend another meeting (my 5th meeting for today) with his business partners in behalf of him. I don't really like dealing with his uber serious, "I-need-to-make-more-money" balding business associates. All they think about is how to make their money grow and meetings with them bore me to death.

"Nope, it should be you. Onew has another meeting to attend to. And besides, you should get used to these kinds of meetings since you will be handling the company soon. You know, I won't always be there to guide you. What would happen when I'm gone?" my father says from his desk. Sometimes I really think my he forgets that I am his daughter and not just his employee/CEO trainee whatsoever.

"You've said that a million times already," I roll my eyes. "And besides, don't talk like that Appa. You're going to live a hundred years more," I say sweetly, hoping that he'd let it go. Seeing that he's not backing down, I sigh. "Fine! I'll go," I say, finally giving in. I can't win when he's talking about things like that. I've already lost a mother, I couldn't take losing him, too, even when he could be overprotective sometimes. Well, most times. 

"Good. I'll tell Mr. Choi to accompany you" Scratch that, I meant all the time.

"What?! I can go alone, I don't need him tagging along."

"Okay, then I'll just let the driver take you there," he says, unrelenting.

"I have my own car, I know how to drive" What did I say? Overprotective.

"The meeting might finish late. It's dangerous to drive at night"

"I can manage. I'm no longer a child, Appa! Either you let me go there alone, or I won't go," I say, knowing how to play my cards since conversations like this often happen between us. As I watch him bring his right hand to his temple, I smile. I know I won.

"Alright, then. Aish, your father can never win against you, you stubborn kid," he says shaking his head.

"I've learned from the best," I smile.

"But go home immediately after the meeting, arasso? If there's any problem, call. Arasso?"

 

----

*SJK's POV*

I knew I should've skipped going home and eating lunch with my family. It's not like I'm needed her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter