Asking favors

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*SHK’s POV*

 

“Ugh, finally! A break. It’s been a tough day at work. It’s such a relief to hang out with you guys,” Ji Won says as she takes the seat right next to Lee Jin.

 

“Why? What happened?” Soo Jin asks after taking a sip of her drink.

 

“I’ve been hopping from one meeting to another. I swear, I think half of my brain cells died today,” she says, earning sneer from Ah In.

 

“Aish, always exaggerating,” he says and Jin Goo playfully smacks him.

 

“Ya! Don’t talk to my girlfriend like that,” he says as Ji Won gives a triumphant smile to Ah In. “But he does have a point, you do like to exaggerate things sometimes, Ji Won,” he says earning him a smack while Ah In and Jasper laugh.

 

“Aish, look at all these guys ganging up on me. With the way they’re acting, they should be known as the bully boyfriends club,” Ji Won says. “Speaking of boyfriends, where are yours?”

 

“Mine’s away on a business trip in Japan,” Lee Jin says and they all turn to me.

 

“What?” I ask, fiddling with the straw of my drink.

 

“Isn’t Joong Ki coming over?” Soo Jin asks.

 

“Uh, he’s not. He’s also out with his friends tonight,” I say, remembering the message he sent earlier and they all nod, later on continuing to chat with one another. Just then, my phone chimes, signaling a text. Lee Jin looks at me while I check who the text is from. I open it to find that it’s a message from Big Boss.

 

“How’s the party going?” it says.

 

“Good,” I reply. He has been sending me text messages all day long, checking where I am, what I’m doing or just asking random questions, trying to start a conversation. I, on the other hand, only reply with one-word texts, close-ended replies or choose to not reply at all. I’m still annoyed at what happened last night.

 

Big boss: Are you still mad at me?

 

Beauty: No.

 

Big boss: But you still seem so.

 

I don’t reply. There’s no use arguing, he’s not going to believe me anyway. I put my phone down to take a sip of margarita and Lee Jin looks at me.

 

“Still giving him a hard time?” she asks and I give her a look. Still b with annoyance, I called her last night to tell her about what happened, expecting her to empathize with me, but she only laughed at me over the phone.

 

“You know, based on what you told me, it seems like you’re jealous,” she said and I scowled at the phone. I can’t believe this.

 

“No, I’m not. Over my dead body,” I strongly protested as I walked around my room, lighting vanilla-scented candles along the way.

 

“Are you sure? Are you really not jealous?” she challenged. What is up with her? I thought she’s on my side.

 

“Totally sure. And besides, I am only concerned about what people would say. Aigoo. You know how fast news travels in the business world,” I defended.

 

“Okaaaay, if you say so,” she teased.

 

 

 

“I can’t believe this,” Hyo Joo cries as she plops down sullenly in the seat next to Ah In.

 

“You’re late,” Soo Jin tells her.

 

“I know,” she replies as she reaches for the nearest shot of tequila and downs it quickly.

 

“Ya! That’s mine!” Ah In protests and Hyo Joo just smiles at him sweetly.

 

“Well, it’s gone now,” she says cheekily as Ah In sulks. “Waiter, can we have another round of drinks here, please?”

 

“What is up with you?” Lee Jin asks, surprised at how Hyo Joo’s behaving. Indeed, this is very uncharacteristic of her. She’s usually not one to initiate drinking.

 

“Just had a bad day at work,” she says while trying to steal another one of Ah In’s drinks, which he gets back before she could drink it. “Plus, I’m getting annoyed at Hae Jin-oppa. He’s been bugging me for days,” she says and Lee Jin and I exchange glances.

 

“Wae? What’s wrong with him?” Jasper asks right next to Soo Jin. “I thought you and him are really close?”

 

“We are. But he’s been really annoying these days. Can you believe that he keeps on insisting that Hye Kyo only got engaged to get him jealous?” she says and I almost choke on my drink.

 

“What?! The nerve, after all he’s done” Ah In says, transforming into overprotective best guy friend mode.

 

“I know. Well, he may be MY cousin, but I can’t just let him say things like that about my friend,” she says.

 

“Why is he even bothering anyway? It’s not like he still has feelings for Hye Kyo. Can’t he just focus on his girlfriend, instead?” Ji Won says, her brows furrowed in confusion.

 

“That’s the thing,” Hyo Joo says and pauses to take a sip of her drink which has just arrived. “I think he and So Hee have been having problems lately. They’ve been fighting a lot and..”

 

“So, do you think he’s doing this because he still likes Hye Kyo?” Soo Jin asks, giving me a glance and I start fiddling with my bracelet.

 

“What are you guys talking about? Our Hye Kyo here’s engaged,” Lee Jin says, coming to my rescue. She must have sensed my unease.

 

“I agree. Can we not talk about that guy anymore?” Ah In says from across the table and I shoot him a grateful look. Oh thank goodness I have friends like them. “And besides, I like Joong Ki more. He’s cool,” he says nonchalantly. He must really like Joong Ki for him to say things like that. I never once heard him say anything like that about Hae Jin in the past.

 

They all seem to agree that it wasn’t a pleasant topic to talk about and the conversation finally steers away from Hae Jin. As for me, I couldn’t be more grateful. But still thoughts continue boggling my mind. Why does he keep asking Hyo Joo about me and my engagement? Why is he suddenly showing interest in me and Joong Ki?

 

Yes, I sensed that there was something wrong with him, that I couldn’t quite pinpoint, back in the coffee shop, but… Wait, is what Soo Jin suggesting, somehow true? That he likes me? No, that can’t be. And wait, what am I even thinking? He has a girlfriend! Aigoo, have you forgotten that that’s one of the reasons why he left you in the first place, Hye Kyo?

 

I shake my head, trying to get rid of my thoughts and reach for my drink when my phone chimes, signaling that I have a message from Joong Ki. What does he want now?

 

Big Boss: asjhkoijlkd,2jkn

 

What? What is up with this text? Is he trying to annoy me again? Nope, I’m not falling for that I say to myself as I put my phone down, frowning while Lee Jin laughs softly beside me, her eyes focused on her phone.

 

“What’s so funny? Who’s that?” I ask curiously. Who could be texting her?

 

“Jong Suk,” she says. Oh, he’s finally back. I bet he’s with Joong Ki and friends now. “Seems like you punishing Joong Ki’s working,” she says and I look at her confusedly. What does she mean?

 

“Look,” she says, showing me the message that Jong Suk sent.

 

Jong Suk: Did Hye Kyo and Joong Ki fight? He’s been drinking like crazy. Aigoo, it’s still early and he’s already drunk.

 

I read the text message twice, letting it sink in. Oh, so that explains the incorrigible message he sent a while ago. He’s drunk, so drunk that he couldn’t even formulate a decent text message.

 

“Suits him right,” I say and Lee Jin laughs.

 

“You’re so mean. I can just imagine Jong Suk-oppa’s reaction,” she says, still laughing, causing me to chuckle, too. Jong Suk worrying does look funny. “Forgive the guy already. I’m sure he’s really sorry now.”

 

“I doubt it. I’m sure he’s really HAPPY now, drowning in alcohol,” I say sarcastically and my phone rings. Speaking of the devil, he’s calling.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I answer.

 

“Hye Kyoooo” Joong Ki says in the other line. Oh my, he really sounds plastered.

 

“Ya!! What are you doing?! Stop drunk-calling!” Someone shouts in the background. Was that Kwang Soo?

 

“Hye Kyooo.. Hye Kyo-ssiiiii. Why are you ignoring meee? I miss youuu,” he drunkenly says and I feel myself blush. Miss me?

 

I then hear a commotion in the other line as Joong Ki protests and Kwang Soo scolds him, while other voices laugh in the background.

 

“Hye Kyo, this is Kwang Soo. Mianhe. My friend here can really act crazy when he’s drunk,” Kwang Soo says and Joong Ki protests in the background, struggling to steal the phone from Kwang Soo. “Aish, calm down, you pabo,” I hear Kwang Soo tell him.

 

“Sorry about that. I have to go, Hye Kyo. Sorry again for disturbing you,” he says and I mutter an “it’s okay” before hanging up. Aigoo, Jong Suk really was telling the truth about Joong Ki getting drunk.

 

“Who was that?” Lee Jin asks curiously.

 

“It was Joong Ki,” I simply say.

 

“Jinjja? I thought he’s drunk?”

 

“He is, he was blabbering nonsense on the phone. He sounded like a mess,” I say when realization of what’s going on hits me. “Ommo!”

 

“What? What is it?” Lee Jin asks, confused at first my sudden outburst then starts to understand. “If he’s out of control and blabbering like that, he might accidentally tell everyone about the…”

 

“I’ll get him,” I say, standing up, earning surprised glances from my friends. I better stop him before he says anything he will regret and would get the both of us in trouble.

 

“Where are you going?” Ji Won says, looking at me.

 

“I have to go. I’m picking Joong Ki up, he’s kind of drunk,” I say and Ah In starts standing up, to, after putting his drink away.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I’m going with you,” he says. “You didn’t bring a car. You don’t expect me to let you take a cab, do you?” he says and I’m about to protest when Lee Jin also stands from her seat.

 

“I’ll go with her,” she says, stopping Ah In. “I have to fetch my brother anyway,” she adds and I shoot her a grateful look while Ah In sulkily sits down, defeated.

 

“Sorry guys, I’ll make it up to you next time,” I say as Lee Jin and I start to leave, hoping they’ll understand.

 

We arrive at the club where Joong Ki and his friends are, according to what’s stated in Jong Suk’s text. The moment I get to their table, I instantly see him with his head on the table, passed out. Aish, this guy, why did he have to drink so much?

 

“Sis, Hye Kyo,” Jong Suk greets us as we approach them, my eyes still glued on Joong Ki. He follows my eyes and sighs.

 

 

“He’s been drinking so much tonight,” he says and I note the bottles of Soju near him. Did he drink all of those?

 

“This pabo, he must’ve mistaken alcohol for water,” Kwang Soo says, looking at his friend disgustingly.

 

“As if you haven’t done that in the past,” Chulhwa says, earning a scowl from Kwang Soo while Bo Gum gives him a thumbs up. “He must’ve been really heartbroken. He kept on saying you were ignoring him,” he adds as he puts down his drink. “Aish, lovesick,” he laughs and the others join him, seeming to find this funny.

 

“I’ll take him home,” I say, still focused on Joong Ki’s drunk form. Aish, does he usually do this? Drink until he gets wasted?

 

“We’ll help you,” Jong Suk says as he tries to shake Joong Ki awake, the latter starting to stir.

 

“Aishhh. What? I’m trying to sleep here,” he groggily says and I scoff at him.

 

“Come on, we’re taking you home,” Jong Suk says, taking his arm and helping him get up. Thankfully, Joong Ki complies though clumsily, too drunk to even protest.

 

Jong Suk assists him to sit at the back of his car, while Lee Jin volunteers to take the other car. Sitting next to him, I gently put his head on top of my shoulder and place my hand on his face to keep it still, deciding to temporarily forget my annoyance at him. After all, it’s because of me that he drank a lot.

 

The car ride going to his condo is a long one with all the traffic, but he doesn’t seem to mind, seeing that he’s lightly snoring beside me. Upon arrival, Jong Suk immediately helps him get out of the car while he blurts out nonsense all the way to his condo unit.

 

“Aish. He shouldn’t have drunk too much,” Jong Suk pants after he finally placed Joong Ki on his bed, the latter instantly rolling on his back. Not a care in the world.

 

“Hye Kyo, here’s your bag,” Lee Jin says from the door, looking amazed. “Wow, nice flat he’s got here.” I won’t argue, he does have a nice unit.

 

“You guys can go,” I say, noting that it’s already late. “I’ll take care of him.”

 

“You sure? We can stay, you know,” Jong Suk offers and I shake my head at him. He’s already done enough.

 

“I’m sure Oppa. I can manage,” I say waving them away. “Go home and rest. I’m sure you both had a long day.”

 

“But…” Jong Suk hesitates and Lee Jin drags him away.

 

“Let’s go oppa. Let’s give them some privacy, I’m sure Hye Kyo wants some time alone with her fiancé,” Lee Jin teases and Jong Suk seems to get the thought as he blushes.

 

“Ya!” I scowl at her. What is she talking about!

 

“Bye, Hye Kyo, have fun!” she says and hurriedly heads out the door, dragging Jong Suk away with her before I can even scold her more. Aish, this girl, she really likes to tease me.

 

“Bye Hye Kyo!” Jong Suk calls out before closing the door, leaving a sleeping and drunk Joong Ki and me alone. What do I do now?

 

I stare at his sleeping form, sulkily putting my hands on my hips. Aigoo, how many times do I have to tuck him in bed this week?

 

He stirs, causing him to lie at the edge of the bed, in danger of falling.

 

“Omo!” I say as I run towards him, catching him before he falls smack on his face. “You’re heavy!” I pant, struggling to lift him to the center of the bed.

 

“Aish! This is so annoying. You drank yourself to oblivion and I’m the one who has to suffer,” I whine as I stretch my back. “Oh, my back hurts.”

 

“What did I even do to deserve this? Huh, Joong Ki?!” I tell him as if he’s listening and he stirs slightly. “Do you think this is funny?” I lean in closer and smell that he reeks of alcohol.

 

“Aish. Seriously?! Do I really need to give you another sponge bath??! You’re really taking advantage of me kindness, huh! Aish!! This is so frustrating! I should just leave you alone,” I say as I stand up and head towards the door, but then stop and turn back to see him looking so innocent.

 

“Aigoo! Why do you have to look so helpless?!” I whine and go back to the bed. “What am I going to do with you?” I swear being kind has its disadvantages.

 

Still annoyed, but realizing that I have no other choice, I stomp towards the bathroom to fetch a towel and a basin of water then back to the bed (still stomping). I start to wipe his face with the damp towel, then his neck and start to his shirt, trying so hard not to get distracted.

 

Wait, why am I even making this hard for myself. He’s going to give me hell anyway once he wakes up, I might as well enjoy the view. I his shirt one by one, revealing his toned chest and well-defined abs.

 

“You must’ve worked really hard, for this huh?” I accuse him while I start to wipe his chest. “I bet you only work out to attract girls. Conceited guys like you are like that.”

 

I now proceed to wiping his abs, which I count with each of the towel. Hmm, 6 packs. In fairness, good enough. “Speaking of girls, why don’t you call your ‘long list’ of admirers to do this for you? Why does it have to me who suffers?”

 

“Aish, you really like to torture me, huh!” I say. Cruel. You’re so cruel.

 

 “Why don’t you call that Seolhyun girl to take care of you? You seem to be liking all the attention she was giving you,” I say, continuing to wipe his abs.

 

“No Seolhyunn…” he mumbles in his sleep and I stop from my task, surprised.

 

“What did you say?” I ask. Maybe I was hearing things. “I thought you like her, that Seolhyun girl,” I sneer.

 

“No…” he says, mumbling and an idea comes to my mind. Didn’t they say that drunk people don’t lie?

 

“Then who do you like?” I ask, trying out the theory.

 

“Yooo….” He groans. What?

 

“Come again?”

 

“Hyee Kkkyoo” he says. Me? Really?

 

“Who?” I prod further.

 

“Songgg Hye Kyooo,” he says and I try to stop myself from smiling.

 

“What? Who?” I ask, leaning closer to hear it even clearer.

 

“Soonngg Hyee Kyoo,” he murmurs.

 

“Okay,” I nod in approval and start to pull back when he suddenly stirs, accidentally putting his arm around me and causing me to lie on top of him.

 

“Ommo!” I can only say, surprised and feeling awkward.

 

“Likkee Hyee Kyooo…” he says and I stare at his sleeping face which is so close to mine.

 

I feel myself blush then start to get up and away from his embrace when he holds onto me tighter, causing me to lean in closer and my lips to accidentally press into his. I feel my heart beating so fast, it could’ve won in a marathon. Oh my goodness, what is happening?

 

I lie there, in that position, for a few seconds, frozen in place, and feeling his soft lips, pressing into mine. Lub dub lub dub, my heart goes as I lie there in shock.

 

I finally grab a hold of myself and break free from his embrace. Now sitting up, my hand flies to my chest, trying to calm my fluttering heart then the other to my lips, which is still tingling from the contact. What just happened? What… Oh, stop it, Hye Kyo! That was an accident!

 

But his lips…

 

Stop! Don’t think about it!

 

So soft..

 

Stop! Stop! Stop! I say, shaking my unnecessary thoughts away. Water. I need water. I need to calm down.

 

I run to the fridge to fetch myself a glass when I notice my hands shaking while pouring. What is wrong with you, Hye Kyo? You’re not usually like this. Breathe in, breathe out.

 

Why are so making such a big deal out of this? It was just a… oh my goodness, was that a kiss? No, it wasn’t. It was just my lips brushing against his… Aish!!!! Who am I kidding? That was a.. No! No! It couldn’t be..

 

Aish! This is so frustrating. Why am I so bothered about this? Calm down, Hye Kyo, I tell myself as I down the glass of water. Breathe in, breathe out, you can do it.

 

After several minutes of trying to get myself to calm down, I finally succeed and go back to the bedroom. He hasn’t moved since I left him and his shirt is still the same way when I left it. I get him a shirt from his cabinet and stand at the foot of the bed before approaching him.

 

You can do this, Hye Kyo, I say to myself as I approach him, ready to complete my mission which is to change his shirt. After that, I can leave and be peaceful. Alright, let’s do this. Game.

 

I slowly peel his shirt off of him, careful not to wake him. Well, as if he’ll ever wake up given the state he’s in. I’m betting he won’t even stir when a high magnitude earthquake comes on, but still I need to take extra caution since it’s going to be very awkward if he awakens while I change him.

 

Then, ever so-carefully, I insert his head slowly through the neck of his shirt, his arms next. Finally! Success!

 

“Hye Kyoooo,” he mumbles and I freeze, victory interrupted. Is he awake? Is he… Nah, he isn’t. I exhale the breath that I’ve been holding as he snores lightly.

 

“You really know how best to torture me, huh, Joong Ki? I hope you’re happy now,” I say, staring at his peaceful face. He’s really passed out. “How much did you really drink?” I ask him, my eyes softening. “Did you really drink because of me?”

 

My hand reaches out to his hair and he suddenly smiles.

 

“I just can’t stay mad at you when you keep looking like that,” I sigh, staring at his adorable face, which is now leaning towards my hand. “Aigoo, such a baby,” I smile my gaze moving from his eyes then to his nose then zooming to his lips… so soft..soo.. Aish! Stop it, Hye Kyo.

 

I stand, shaking my head, before covering him gently with his sheets and turning off the lights.

 

Sweet dreams, Joong Ki.

 

---

*SJK’s POV*

 

I woke up to a terrible ‘feeling like it’s about to explode’ headache. Ugh, what on earth happened? Why was I feeling like a dump truck ran over me? Then I remember last night’s drinking session and all the shots I downed. Oh man, I groaned. What a stupid decision, Joong Ki. I wonder who took me home? Was it Kwang Soo?

 

I slowly got up from bed, feeling the world spin around me and walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I couldn’t believe how thirsty I was. Just when I was about to open the fridge, I find a tablet of Tylenol, placed on a saucer with a note beside it.

 

I hope you’re suffering. That should remind you never to drink beyond your limits again. There’s toast in the oven and orange juice in the fridge. Eat up before you drink this. –Hye Kyo

 

P.S. Don’t call me, I’ll be in a meeting all day. See you later.

 

I smiled after reading the note, so, it was her. Did it mean she forgives me? Just then, my phone rang. I answered it only to be shouted at by Kwang Soo.

 

“Ya! So, you’re still alive! Aigoo. It’s a wonder after you drank like crazy last night, Hye Kyo had to come and take you home. Aish. So embarrassing.”

 

“So, it was Hye Kyo who took me home, not you?” I asked, just to be sure.

 

“Yes, who else would? She’s your fiancée after all, it’s her duty to take care of your mess and I’m absolutely sure she wasn’t pleased about it. Aigoo! You were so out of it last night,” he said. Okay, maybe she hasn’t forgiven me yet.

 

My flashback stops as Min Suk, my secretary lightly taps me on the shoulder.

 

“Sir, Ms. Lin from the furniture shop is calling asking if you’re still pushing through your 7pm appointment later with Ms. Hye Kyo,” he whispers.

 

“Yes, tell her we’re going,” I say and thank him as he leaves.

 

Meanwhile, my father from across the table is staring at me like I’m a disgrace. The meeting ends and I can’t be more thankful. I had to endure this day of meetings and document readings with a lingering headache.

 

“Joong Ki, meet me at my office after 5 minutes,” my father says before leaving with his entourage and In Sung shoots me “fighting” gesture. I wonder what this is all about.

 

I knock anxiously before entering my father’s office. I see him sitting at his desk and I bow out of respect.

 

“What we’re you doing there earlier?” he says and I look at him surprised. “You were so distracted. Do you think that’s how a director should act?”

 

“I’m sorry, father. It won’t happen again,” I apologize.

 

“You should be. A good businessman should always be attentive at all times. How do you expect me to trust you to handle the partnership when you can’t even focus on a simple meeting?!” he says, looking at me gravely. “Just because Chairman Song gave you his approval you can now take things lightly. Nothing is final until the contract between two companies is signed. You get me?”

 

“Yes, father.”

 

“The business world is not a playground and this deal is definitely not a game. You should treat everything seriously if you want this to be successful. Understand?”

 

“Yes, father.”

 

“Okay, good. You may now go,” he says, dismissing me. “And one more thing, Joong Ki. How’s everything going with your engagement?”

 

“Everything’s going well, father. We’re meeting with Ms. Lin tonight as scheduled by Eomma,” I say and he nods.

 

“Very well, then. Send my regards to Hye Kyo. You may go,” he says and I bow before exiting the office.

---

*SHK’s POV*

 

I pace around my office, checking for the nth time the message Joong Ki sent me. I’m coming, it said. Oh my goodness, what am I going to do? I know I have already calmed down the moment I went home last night, but still… Wait, was he really sleeping last night? I hope so. He should be!! If not, aigoo, I can’t even imagine how awkward it would be.

 

No, stop thinking about it, Hye Kyo. Everything’s gonna be fine. You’re going to be okay. No need to worry.

 

Someone knocks on the door and I startle.

 

“Knock knock,” Joong Ki says before entering. He looks a bit tired, but he’s still smiling. “What? No ‘hello’ for me?” he pouts and my eyes instantly zoom into his lips. So soft against mine.. so..

 

Ya! Stop it, Hye Kyo.

 

“Ahem,” I clear my throat, hoping it would also clear my mind. “Let’s go?” I say, trying to act nonchalant as I grab my bag, put on my coat and gloves and head towards the door, leaving him with no other choice but to follow after me.

 

Before going to the furniture shop, we grabbed a quick dinner first, which turned out to be a really awkward one (on my part) since no matter how hard I try to avoid it, my eyes still find their way to his lips. Oh my goodness, this is going to be harder than I thought.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” he asks, looking at me worriedly as we walk to the furniture shop. “You’ve been so quiet. Is something wrong?” Yes there is, I want to tell him. Can you not pout your lips like that? It’s really distracting.

 

“Uh, yes. Just feeling a bit tired and out of the weather,” I say, trying to concentrate on walking.

 

“Are you sick?” he asks as he reaches out a hand to touch my forehead and I tense.

 

“You’ve been taking care of me for days now, you must be tired. I’m sorry,” he says apologetically, truly sorry.

 

“No, it’s fine. Really,” I say, giving him a reassuring smile and he hesitantly smiles back.

 

“Thank you, though. For last night. I must’ve been a mess,” he says and I raise an eyebrow at him.

 

“Well, you surely were. You were passed out drunk. Aigoo. Do you usually do that?” I say, putting my fork down now.

 

“Uh, no. I don’t,” he seems to hesitate.

 

“Then why? Why did you drink like that?” I ask and he suddenly turns silent. He’s about to answer when a jolly middle aged yet still beautiful woman greets us by the door.

 

“Joong Ki,” she says and Joong Ki bows to her.

 

“Ms. Lin,” he smiles and she turns to me, smiling warmly.

 

“And you must be Hye Kyo. Welcome,” she says, taking me by the hand and leading me inside. The interior of the shop is nice and unique with different kinds of furniture stylishly displayed almost everywhere. She shows us the most sought after designs as well as the ones that she thinks will suit Joong Ki’s flat perfectly. 

 

“This one’s nice,” I say as I point to a stylish black contemporary glass dining table set  that I think would be perfect for his “too simple, too minimalistic” dining room.

 

“That looks a bit too much for me,” he says as he walks to the other side of the room. “I like this one better,” he points to a dull looking wooden dining table set.

 

“That’s too dull!” I say and he shakes his head, proceeding to sit on one of his chairs.

 

“No, this one’s for me. I feel it,” he stubbornly says and I look at Ms. Lin for help.

 

“Hye Kyo’s right, Joong Ki. Your dining room looks to simple and adding that would just make it even duller. I think we need to spice it up a bit,” she says and I shoot Joong Ki a triumphant look, to which he scowls. Hye Kyo, 1 point.

 

“What about the bed? Your mother specifically reminded me to find you one,” she says.

 

“Hmm, about that, Ms. Lin. I already thought about it and I decided that we’re sticking to the old one,” Joong Ki confidently says, a devilish look in his eyes. I am not liking that look. I feel like that look’s trying to tell he’s planning something.

 

“But don’t you think it’s a bit small?” she asks and he smirks then pulls me close, my heart racing for a bit.

 

“That’s the idea. The smaller the bed, the better. And besides, my fiancée here is a bit clingy. I think we can find ways to fit perfectly,” he grins widely as I blush madly in embarrassment. “Creative ways,” he says looking at me and I give him a death glare while Ms. Lin just giggles at us. I am so getting back at you on this, Joong Ki.

 

The search for other furniture finally ends and we end up ordering custom-made closets, a coffee table and a massage chair (his request). Phew! Who could’ve known furniture shopping’s this stressful?

 

“That was fun” he say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter