We meet again

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I can't believe he made that decision for me," I vent out. "And there I thought he finally gave me a chance, that he finally trusted me enough to handle a business deal as big as that" I huff and Kwang Soo takes a sip of his coffee while listening to my frustrations. Chulhwa just shakes his head at me and returns to studying the paintings in front of him.

I headed to Studio Concrete as soon as I was done with my meeting that afternoon, hoping to see some friends since it was our usual hang out place. I just couldn't take the anger bottled up in me and felt the need to let them out. While the others were nowhere to be found, I was lucky enough to find Kwang Soo and Chulhwa there.

"Turns out, he didn't even trust me enough to choose my future wife!"

"Dude" 

"It's not like I'm still 6 years old. I can very well decide for my life, thank you"

"Dude"

"I mean, I know he's my father and all, but does that really give him the right to decide on such things for me?" I almost scream

"Joong Ki-ya!" Kwang Soo shouts, interrupting me from my monologue.

"W-what?" I say, clearly surprised.

"Why don't you just give it a try?" he says, standing up now. I am about the say something when he holds up a finger, signaling me to shut up.

"Who knows? You might end up lucky and maybe, just maybe, fall in love with your fiancee?"

"Fall in love?" I can't believe where this conversation is heading to.

"Yeah, bro. She might be pretty, for all you know," Chulhwa chimes in. 

"No. That's impossible," I shake my head at them. I can't believe these two, do they honestly believe that would happen? How can I fall in love with someone knowing that everything's just a set up?

"Do you even know who you're getting engaged to?" Kwang Soo asks

"Of course," I answer confidently. What? Do they think I'm that clueless? "My father said she's the only daughter of the Chairman of the Song Group of Companies. Hye Kyo. Her name is Song Hye Kyo"

"Song Hye Kyo, I think I've heard that name before" Kwang Soo says. With the crease forming between his brows, I can tell that he's intrigued.

"Yes, me too. I heard some guys talking about her during one of those business gatherings and from I've heard, she's really beautiful," Chulhwa says, nodding his head.

"See? Even the guys from the business world want her," Kwang Soo says a bit enthusiastically, trying to prove his point.

"But, based on what I also heard, she's also quite a force. Intimidates any guy interested in her, well except for one, I think. I don't know, I didn't hear it well. But since she's engaged to you, that probably means she's single and available. You can handle her... Well, I hope so," Chulhwa chuckles and sits down to drink his coffee.

"So, what if she's beautiful? Beauty is superficial. She can be as beautiful as an angel yet have an attitude so evil. And an heiress of SGC? Girls like her only care about how they look and how to spend their money. I'd rather be alone," I say, still not agreeing to what they suggested. They are about to rebut when my phone rings, signaling a text from my mother. "Joong Ki, son, where are you? We've been here for 15 minutes already. We're waiting for you." the text says.

"I better go. I'm late. My father might get really mad at me and disown me if I don't go to this stupid dinner," I say, putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Okay, here, take this," Kwang Soo says as he puts something in my hand.

"What's this?" I ask, confused , and open my hand to see a coupon.

"A burial package discount. You might need it in case your father kills you for not agreeing to get engaged," he says, seriously.

"Ya! Forget that we're friends. I'm leaving!" I say starting to leave. How did I even end up with a friend like Kwang Soo? Aish, what a crazy guy.

"You know you love me!"

"Whatever!" I say, dismissing him.

"Good luck, dude! We'll be praying for you," Chulhwa shouts after me. I then hear them laugh like crazy. Pabo. I'll get back at them, they'll see.

 

 

*SHK's POV*

I really don't get why my father urged me go with him to dinner with the family of his "old friend". It's not like I know them nor would I be able relate to what they'd be talking about. They would only be talking about their "good old days" in business school, I bet. He even told me to dress nicely (and I held my tongue which was itching to tell him "Appa, I always do") and to act extra polite. Who are these people that he's meeting and why do I need to be here? 

I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter