The Deal

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*SHK's POV*

"Let go of me!" I protest as we head towards the parking area. The nerve of this man to put his arm around my shoulders. "Let go of me!! Or else.."

"Or else what?" he asks with a teasing look on his face. I give him a death glare.

"Okay, okay. Fine!" he says, finally letting go of me and raising both of his hands in surrender all while smiling annoyingly at me. Gosh, how annoying can this guy get?! He leads the way and we stop in front of a gray-colored Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. He opens the door to the passenger seat, smiles and gestures for me to get inside.

"What?" he says innocently "I'm just trying to be a gentleman, here, like I always am." Gentleman your face. I scowl, walk towards him and grudgingly get inside his car. My eyes follow him as he goes around the car and opens the door to the driver's seat. I continue staring at him while he settles down, wondering what on earth he is planning when he suddenly leans into me and my heart stops beating. He stares at me in the eyes, our faces now so close to one another and I can feel my face blushing at this sudden closeness. My heart resumes beating, this time erratically. His hand moves around me and I hear him reach for something and something clicks. 

"Seatbealt," he says and I see his mouth twitch into a smile. I struggle to collect myself as he reaches for his own seatbelt, then starts the car. 

"Where are we going?" I demand, my heartbeat still not returning to normal.

"Somewhere nice," he says as car hits the road.

I resume staring at him while he drives quietly. I am still clueless about this little rendezvous. Is he planning to kidnap me? Wait, did what I say to him last time anger him so much that he wants to assassinate me?! Another question was about to pop in my mind when he suddenly stares back at me.

"Oh gosh," he shakes his head, confusing me. "I know I'm good looking, but do you really have to stare at me like that all day? You must be really attracted to me," he smirks and I give him the nastiest scowl I can manage, then turn to look the other way. I huff in annoyance as I cross my arms over my chest, reminding myself never to look at him again. He chuckles at my reaction and continues driving. He really is too full of himself. 

After a few minutes, he breaks the silence. "We're here," he says unbuckling his seatbelt. He turns to me and I stop him.

"I can manage," I say, trying to convey that I don't need his help. I unbuckle my seatbelt and hurriedly open the door before he can do it for me. I can very well handle myself, thank you. He leads me to an ordinary looking coffee shop down the road and I stare at him in confusion.

"A coffee shop, seriously? This is your idea of nice?" 

"Just wait, you'll see," he says, opening the door for me. What is with him and opening doors?

I enter the cafe and my eyes widen. This is no ordinary coffee shop. Gray walls. A wooden floor. Mismatched vintage white chairs and tables. Different types of mirrors and frames hanging on some of the walls. Shelves of books in one corner. Dozens of sparkling chandeliers dangling from the ceiling. My jaw drops a little as I take in the scene around me. I turn my head to look at the busy streets outside and then back in to check if I really am seeing things right. Nope, this is all real.

He leads me to one corner of the room and pulls a seat for me. I do not object as I am still amazed of everything around me. I take a seat while staring at the chandeliers, marveling at how unique yet beautiful the patterns look. 

"Ahem," he catches my attention and I'm surprised to see that he's already sitting in front of me. I almost forgot that I came here with him. He gestures to the menu and I hurriedly order an iced caramel macchiato, while he orders a caffe latte. He thanks the waiter and as soon as we're left alone, he leans towards me.

"So," he starts, gauging my reaction "..do you now agree to this place being nice?"

I look around, charmed at how each furniture looks different, yet they all compelement one another, making everything seem so perfect and cozy.

"Not nice, no," I say and he frowns at me, about to disagree when I continue. "This place is amazing," I breathe and he smiles, seemingly satisfied at what I said.

"I like it here," he says "the people are nice, everyone minds their own business and the coffee's good, too" he leans back on his chair. At the mention of the word "business," I instantly remember the reason why I went here with him.

"So, what exactly is it that you want to talk about?" I ask

"Already? Aish, this woman. You really don't waste time, do you? The weather's nice, the birds are chirping, we're in this nice place in Korea. Why don't we get to know one another first? Afterall, in a few months we're going to be Mr. and Mrs. Song," he smirks and I immediately retort.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not marrying you?!"

"Uhmm, about 3 times, or 4, or maybe a hundred?" he annoyingly answers while imitating a thinking face. I stand up, I knew I shouldn't have come with him. Geesh, such a waste of time. He holds my wrist, stopping me.

"Hey, wait. I was just kidding" he says and I stare at him. "Really. Don't leave, please"

"Are you going to continue holding me?" I say and he looks down to his hand still clasping my wrist. He lets go, looking embarrassed and I go back to sitting, waiting for him to speak. When he's still not say something, I raise my eyebrow.

"Okay, let's get down to business, shall we?" he starts. "I have a proposal for you."

"Go on, I'm listening."

"It's about the engagement. You see," he seems to hesitate and I start to get intrigued.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter