Fifteen

Turning The Sphere

 

4.2k


“IT’S LIKE I’M PARANOID—“

Sana jolts awake. Realizing what’s waking her up, she whines sleepily. “Why is someone yelling?”

“WHIRLWIND INSIDE OF MY HE—“

“. . . alarm.” A croaky voice sounding from her side.

Now only she opens her eyes. She turns her head to her side, getting a look of Mingyu in his morning mess, frowning at his phone. And then he glances at her and smiles. At his smile, all mischievous and happy, she remembers the night before. The night they kissed and kissed like they meant it.

She feels like her day is already getting better. She smiles back and takes a deep breath, trying to feel if there’s any nausea. None. Pain. None. Lethargy. None.

Her day is already better.

But then, “Achoo!”

“Oh boy.”

And another one. “Achooo!”

His breathing sounds stuck and heavy. When Sana feels his forehead, she makes an eye contact with him.

Their eyes meet. Time stands still for one perfect second.

Then they both explode with laughter. Except Mingyu sounds like he’s about to cry at the same time.

“Guess it’s the beginning of a very y weekend,” he says and his voice sound stuffy. Sana feels bad for him but it seems like he’s handling his sickness better. And she can’t be sick, because of Tom.

She rubs her already showing bump. “He’s awake. We’re hungry.”

“Yeah?” He leans to her side, caging her thighs and kisses her tummy through her tops. “Morning, baby.” Then he grins up at her. “Morning, mommy.”

It’s sweet. Very much sweeter when he props himself up and they kiss . . . so very sweet. So very soft.

She still has no idea what’s going on, but it’s happening, and she’s not about to push her luck. Remember? They don’t have to get their relationship. If this is how it happens before they are getting it, then it’s cool.

She rests her hand on his nape as she whispers. “Do you have any idea what we are doing?”

“No.” He nibbles on her lips, before he presses his full and quick on hers. “I’m sick. We’re not figuring it out right now.”

She laughs, pushing him to lay down again. “Okay, then today, call me Nurse Sana. I’ll take care of you.” She pushes away the blanket and starts walking to the door.

“Damn, that sounds naughty.”

He’s still Kim Mingyu, alright? Even while being sick, he’s still a ert. Sana gives him a glare through her shoulder. He’s laughing, and then he sneezes.

“Ha, that’s the sign you’re not that lucky.”

She washes, brushes her teeth using her finger and after pulling up her hair into a bun and looking presentable enough, she walks to the kitchen. There, she founds Wonwoo standing in front of a big- coffee maker.

“Good morning,” she says shyly. She doesn’t know why she keeps forgetting the fact that Wonwoo knows about her pregnancy. It’s still embarrassing to think about, especially if she recalls those moments when she got jealous over a girl he dated. How the time—and situation—turns everything.

“Morning!” He greets her cheerfully. “Coffee?” He asks.

“Yes, please. And can you make it two? Mingyu might like one.”

“Sure. Also, breakfast is ready. Where’s Mingyu?”

“He’s sick.” Sana looks over the table. The sandwiches are fat, the salads are pretty, the eggs are well-cooked. “Are you like, the chef of the house? These look good.”

He laughs, as he replaces a filled-up mug with another one. “Kind of. But not that the other guys won’t and can’t cook. It’s just that I usually have the most free time. Here.” He hands her a mug of coffee. “Help yourself with the sugar.”

“Thanks.” It’s silence while she pours two spoons of sugar into her mug. She stirs and sips. “Hm, you make good coffee.”

He takes the seat in front of her. “I’m good at pressing the button.”

They laugh. And that’s when a cough comes from the hallway.

Mingyu appears in the doorway wearing a sweat pants and nothing on top. Something exciting and terrible happens. Her heart turns into a dolphin and does a stupid flip of happiness at the sight of him. And terrible . . . because she has this stupid urge to jump on him, kiss him and his chest. Now that they crossed a line, the urge is unbearable.

She’s still appropriate enough to hold it, though, especially after she takes a glance at his face.

He looks so moody. She doesn’t think she’s this moody when she was sick.

“Hey, I was thinking to bring up the breakfast for you,” she starts as he takes the seat beside her.

A hum is all she gets when he pours himself a glass of water. He downs the glass in a matter of seconds and then he grabs an apple.

“How sick are you?” Wonwoo asks, already turning to the refrigerator and takes out a bottle of cold syrup and ibuprofen.

“Sick like . . . like madness,” Mingyu answers ambiguously before taking a big bite to the apple.

“He got sick because of me,” Sana tells Wonwoo.

“That’s what happens if you spend times together when one of you are sick,” Wonwoo jokes.

“Well, sick or not, I can’t really leave her alone, can I?” Mingyu questions, a little bit of bite in his tone. Strangely, he has this way of staring at Wonwoo that Sana can’t really pinpoint.

She watches back and forth their exchange. They are still staring at each other in a mentally conversing way. Wonwoo is the one to break the contact first as he laughs, removing himself from the chair.

“Okay, then, I’m off. I’m not exposing myself to the sickness and . . . “ he’s still laughing when he walks away from the kitchen, down to the hallway. “. . . madness.” He laughs harder until the sound of his door closed.

“What’s with that?” Sana asks, turning to Mingyu. He’s putting away his apple, not finishing it and he pours himself another glass of water.

He’s ignoring her. He takes care of his own medication and after swallowing two ibuprofen, he moves to stand up. That is, until Sana grabs his arm, stopping him.

That is also when it hits her as their conversation replays in her head. Mingyu was pretty much staking claim. How can she not notice that? “Are you mad at me? Because you’re jealous? Of me and Wonwoo?”

He sighs. “I’m not up for this conversation.” He stands anyway and walks to the sink, washing his glass.

“So you are jealous . . .” she concludes, grinning. She spins in her chair and half-bounces on her feet as she gets to him. Hugging him from behind, she bites his back. “That was so hot. I can’t believe I didn’t notice it.”

“I’m not jealous. I’m just . . .” He puts the glass on the drying rack. Not turning, he crosses his arms under his chest. “I just don’t like it.”

Sana is grinning wider. Through his back and his tallness, she tries to peek on his expression. “Don’t like what?”

He’s frowning so hard it’s funny. “I was hungry and sick! And you’re gone after saying you’ll take care of me. And then what, you’re sitting here, having coffee and laughing with your ex-crush. And I was waiting for you like an idiot.”

His petulant complain is only making her happier. She buries her face in her back, laughing.

“Don’t laugh at me,” he chides from his shoulder, looking down at her. Without the benefit of high heels, she’s so much shorter than him. “I thought we made a deal we’re not seeing anyone this weekend. It should be just us.”

“I didn’t know it was a deal.”

“We sealed it with a kiss.” And he starts smiling. “Excuse me, kisses.

Sana bites him again, trying to hide her blushing face.

“Will you stop biting me?” He pulls away from her grip, rubbing the spot she bit. “I’m your patient.”

She laughs. “I’m hungry. Me and Tom were about to feed ourselves until you came here with your . . . madness.” She walks to the chair again and takes a sandwich. After a bite, she says, “Unnecessarily, I might add.” Another bite. “Do you really think I still like Wonwoo?” Third bite and with no care, she pushes the rest into until it’s full. It just comes to her that this is her first proper meal after two days of dying. She takes another sandwich.

Mingyu takes back his seat, turning his body facing her. For a while, he just watches her gobbling the food. And then his face slowly spreads to a smile. “You look like a hamster. Why do I even call you baby bird?”

“Yeah, why?”

His smile widens to a grin. “I have no idea.” He takes a sandwich for himself, shaking his head. “Anyway, for the record, you’re such an awful nurse. Look at me taking care of myself.” He takes a bite, a very sad one. “. . . This tastes like cardboard.”

 

“You’re spending the weekend there? With Mingyu and not to forget, Wonwoo and other guys? What kind of are you guys making?”

“What the bug, Nayeon!” Sana shrieks into her phone. “It’s just me and Mingyu here. He’s sick, so no is about to happen.”

Mingyu perks up from the bed, looking up from his phone. “? Oooh, can happen.”

Sana rolls her eyes.

“So you will take care of him? And you will roleplay as a nurse? Tozaki, that’s one of themes.”

“Why are we talking ? All I was asking for are my clothes. Can you send them up here?”

“Why? Are you currently ?”

“No! Oh my goat, why are you like this?”

“I’m curious! I mean, if I’m staying with my crush, I will be too.”

Sana smacks her forehead. “Nayeon . . . can you just . . . do what I say? Pretty please.” She cups and whispers, “I have no undies.”

“Isn’t that better? Easy access.”

“Nayeon . . .” Sana starts to whine.

“Fine. But I get to choose which clothes. Bye!” She hangs up.

And Sana glares at her phone. That has a gall to pick her clothes. Not only Nayeon mismatched her outfits all the time, there is also a chance she will pick nothing as her clothes.

Mingyu stretches himself in a way he knows he will look y doing it, in a way Sana forbids herself to look away from. He smirks. “If it weren’t because I’m sick, you won’t need any clothes at all.”

She grabs Basketball Throw Pillow she gave him and flings it at him.

She’s the one with dangerous hormones, but it’s these two who are erts.

Never had she been so happy and comfortable being herself, post-sickness, wearing baggy clothes (his) and no make-up. Which should be weird, considering Mingyu is the guy she should try to impress. But he wanted to kiss her all the while she looked like she just escaped from apocalypse, so that is saying something.

He wants her, that much she knows. And that’s enough. For now.

If he doesn’t find her attractive, then he wouldn’t be so physical with her. The whole hours they’ve spend, his hand will always try to make a contact with her body. It’s not ual, it seems like it gives him comfort to feel her near.

Her heart has been in serious workout by now. It inflates, it bursts, it beats wildly—calmly . . . Sana doesn’t think she can save her heart around this guy anymore. The guard around it crumbles. Every second, it feels like she’s handing him pieces and pieces of her heart. It goes without saying that her heart is pretty much his now.

And he doesn’t even know that.

“. . . and the first challenge is . . .” She’s half-leaning on the headboard of his bed, flipping Logistic note, reading it for him, who’s lying with his head buries at the side of her tummy. His arm is draping around her midsection, his eyes closed. “Inventory and Materials. Under it, we have inventory levels, control methods—”

“Forecasting, inventory planning, procurement and wave management,” he cuts her, listing the rest of the points. As though he knows that Sana is glaring down at him, he smirks without opening his eyes. “Read me the third to last challenge.”

Grudgingly, Sana flips the pages. “What even are you lacking, Mingyu? You play sport. You should be dumb by stereotype.”

He chuckles. His breath feels warm through the fabric of her clothes. “That shouldn’t make you mad, baby bird. You’re having a child who shares half of my genes. Isn’t that wonderful?” He opens his eyes, looking up at her. “Speaking of Tom baby, what is he now?”

“Banana,” she laughs and then pulls up his shirt up to her chest, showing off her bare bump. “He should be this size.” She estimates with her forefingers at each end.

“Banana.” He grins. “We’re awful. For the most perfect baby in the whole world, we don’t even have the grace to name him human.”

Her hand circles his head, fingers reaching for his jaw, grazing her fingertips with his stubbles that she comes to love. She smiles softly at him. “This is the first time you regard our baby as a boy.”

“I do prefer girl, but boy . . . with him, we can protect you.”

“Aww. . .”

He smiles, running his finger across her stomach. Their eyes following the way it ascents and descents. “How do you cover this now, baby bird?”

Sana sighs. “It’s just so happen to be sweater weather now, but I’m not sure if I can be constant around Nayeon. That girl has the eye on something not quite usual.”

He’s silence for a while. His finger is now absently drawing patterns on her skin. And then he stops, looking up at her. “Can’t we just come out?”

Her heart stutters into panicky mode. “No. Not yet.”

“Why?”

She contemplates for a while, biting her lips.

Her being pregnant is not wrong. But she can’t be sure that others will share the same opinion. She will be judged, she will get the attention, she will be shamed, and she will also get the hate—especially if they know who the father is.

“They will kill me, your fans.”

He grimaces. “You should know by now the very idea of you and my baby getting hurt will pain me at the absolute deepest. Whoever cause you two that haven’t seen angry and madness just yet.”

“I’m scared anyway. I just—I’m not ready.”

He takes a deep breath and exhales it in a sigh. “Okay.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright. This is mostly about you, you know that, right?”

She nods. Looking at his contagious grin, she starts grinning too. She straightens her clothes, sitting up and gives him her sweetest smile. “But today, you’re my patient, so today is about you.”

He chuckles, turning to lie on his bed. “Do you even know how to check the pulse, Nurse?” She shakes her head. And then his grin turns suspicious. “I’m very smart, as you found out earlier, so let me show you.” He sits up, all in his messy, topless glory and promptly takes her wrist, finding her pulse point expertly. “Hmm, this is a little flat.” He moves closer, stealing a quick kiss on her jaw until she gasps. “Yup, there it is.”

“You’re dirty doctor.”

He laughs, checking his watch. “Yeah? Now think of me wearing a white coat. And then I slide my stethoscope under your shirt . . .” He makes an eye contact with her, and his voice turns seductively lower. “Pressing the disc on your chest.”

Yup, her heart is pretty much in high intensity workout that she can hear the beats as though they beat against her eardrum. He just gives her a new kink—Doctor Kim.

He knows it too, by the way he’s smirking. His lips murmuring the counts. After a minute, he releases her.

“That’s one serious pounding heart you have. And your breathing sorts of going shallow, and your eyes are dilating, Nurse Sana.”

Damn, why is this room suddenly turning warm? Stupid Mingyu playing with her serious case of abandoned hormones.

So as a payback (read : taking advantage), unabashedly, she starts kneeling. Crawling.

His body language is welcoming. Expecting.

And like it’s the most natural thing—like it isn’t weird at all—she’s in his lap, straddling him.

Her voice turns whispery. “Will I die?” She might be. If she doesn’t get what she wants, which is him, this minute, she really might be.

He’s gripping her hips, as he gives a little warm nip on her chin. “Nope. Not under my watch.” And they kiss. It’s fire, litting inside her body and it has nothing to do with his warmth skin against hers. The kiss is pure consciousness, crossing every line. This is her making the move, telling him she wants him; heart, body and soul.

And the way he kisses her, the way he sneaks his hand inside her shirt, spreading his palm on her back, the way he’s trying not to ualize it much by avoiding her ; instead, he smooths his other hand on her thigh, it’s him—heart, body and soul—searching. This is him figuring it out what this is. This is him wondering if he should present her with Kim Mingyu, or the Kim Mingyu every other girls get.

She wonders about that, too.

Her hand reaching around his neck before she breaks the kiss. Their eyes collide with meaning as her shaky finger finds his pulse point under his jaw. “Why, Doctor Kim. Your pulsing is a little serious. Should we worry?” She’s meaning to ask, does your heart beat like this for the other girls too?

His hand goes tightly around her and his other hand going through her hair, holding her head as his face buries in her neck. His lips meet her pulse point. “I’m sick, Nurse. How can you explain yours?”

When he gives a little , and then an open-mouth kiss on the sensitive spot of her neck, she can’t hold it much longer. She wants. She needs. Her hand clenches on his shoulder as she can’t help but break character. “Mingyu, I—I want—”

“What, baby? Tell me.” He’s kissing his way down to her collarbone.

“I need—”

And that’s when the bell rings, interrupting them. Sana startles, breath caught in . She turns her head to look at the door and then down at him, wide-eyed, trying to make sense of why now?!! and trying to sort out her—well, her wants and needs.

He’s still breathing hard as he says, “Ignore,” before he brings her face down to him and presses his lips, rather roughly, on hers.

By wants and needs she can’t simply shed away, Sana immediately responding. Her arms curl behind his neck, holding much tighter and he guides her down until she lies under him.

“That could be Nayeon,” she says breathlessly when he moves his lips to her jaw, down to her neck.

“Our deal is not seeing people for two days.” His hands are pushing up her tops, little by little. “And do you even need clothes?” He asks, not exactly wanting an answer as he kisses her again. This time, with lots of tongue.

, as if she doesn’t know it, but it’s so good to experience it again, how good of a kisser Mingyu is. She follows his lead, letting him dominating. Her sneaky hands finally get to play. She splays them across his chest, down and down to feel his stomach. She gasps out, breaking the kiss. “God, Mingyu. How can you be like this? You’re sick. You can’t be so good.” She’s so aware she’s speaking nonsense, but can you blame her?

Her eyes gaze down to where her hands are touching. Even so, she doesn’t miss his smirk. “How can you look like this?” She asks, as her eyes wander up to his face.

His eyes soften. He fingers her hair, moving them away from her face. “Do you think I don’t wonder about you too? Like that? You’re so beautiful, baby bird. Hot. y. Cute. Everything. And you’re glowing. Do you know you’re glowing?”

“It’s the pregnancy.” She smiles shyly.

“I figured.” There’s another interruption. This time, it’s the knock on his door. “We’re not here,” he whispers before moving down for another kiss. This time, it’s slow, gentle kiss. So gentle she could cry.

She wants more. Her legs move to circle his hips, wanting more friction . . . and that’s when the door opens.

They look up, turning frozen.

One second, two second, and then, “Ah, so it’s vanilla theme .”

“I can’t believe you just! You’re so rude! You’re the rudest!” Sana is pacing in the room, fuming.

On the other corner, Mingyu looks like he’s about to pee his bed. His laughter is the silent variety. His body vibrates, his face red. Sana doesn’t know what is so funny. How can he not be ing mad? He’s also ed. He also didn’t get to have .

Nayeon is rolling her eyes, standing there looking bored. “Gosh, you really need to get laid, huh?”

“Yes!!”

Now Mingyu’s laugh breaks loudly.

“Then, maybe you should have locked the door. You don’t go have with unlocked door when you have other housemates. You guys can’t be that dumb.”

“Don’t be rude!!”

“Oh, fine! I’m leaving now. You are madness.” Nayeon puts the overnight bag on the floor at a corner and walks to the door. But then she pauses. “Ah, right.” She fumbles with the inside of her totebag, and then fishes out—Sana’s heart stutters—her pills and vitamins. Which only takes either an illiterate or a blind person to not know what the prescription is for. “You left these too.” Nayeon puts it on the table.

Mingyu has stopped laughing. Sana is looking at Nayeon, feet completely rooted to the floor.

Nayeon turns to face her calmly. And then she grins like a rabbit. “I can’t believe you don’t know me, Im Nayeon, and how Im Nayeon knows everything yet. Come on, Sana. You really can’t be that dumb.”

Sana inhales a surprised breath. “How?”

“You were not that sneaky when it came to rushing to the toilet to puke every morning. And there’s your pregnancy guideline book you carelessly left on the bed. And there’s a moon-shaped pillow I know someone pregnant loves to have.”

“The pillow’s name is Good Pillow.” Mingyu provides evenly.

“Of course you would know.” Nayeon smirks again. “It doesn’t take two and two to find out who gave it to her, who is also—most likely, the father of the baby.”

Sana fiddles with her manicure, suddenly feeling all bad that Nayeon has to figure it out herself. “Nayeon, I really meant to tell you but I’m just not ready yet.”

“I’ve been hinting it all the time to get you to tell me, but I guess, I know where you’re coming.” Nayeon steps closer. Cupping Sana’s face, she brings it to face her eye to eye. “Do you really think I would spill it to the whole campus if I found out? Are you really that dumb?” She asks gently.

“Don’t be rude.” Sana growls.

Nayeon laughs. “Now that I got the gist, and you guys pretty much confirmed it, then I’m taking off now. But don’t think I’m done, Tozaki. You will tell me everything.” She walks back to the door. “Bye guys. Lock the door and make more babies!”

“It doesn’t work that way, you dumb !” Sana yells at the closed door. Behind it, Nayeon is laughing. Inside it, so is Mingyu. “Would you stop laughing? She finds out! Probably months ago, knowing her.”

“Don’t you feel better, though?” He waves her to come to bed again, and feeling weird sort of tired, she staggers to the bed again. Falling into his arms, she sighs. “I’m actually happy. It feels much less like this is a dirty little secret, the more people find out,” he says to the top of her head.

“Is that how you feel about this?”

“My baby is not something I would ever be ashamed of. Never something I would ever hide. If it’s up to me.”

Sana doesn’t say anything. Does she get his point though? Yes. Does she feel better now that Nayeon knows? Yes.

But it’s still come to the fact that she’s simply not ready yet. “Don’t try to put that guilt on me.”

“I’m not, baby bird. I’m just saying.” He draws out a breath. For a moment, it’s all silence. The both of them drowning in their own thoughts. That is, until he leans away. A grin already spreads in his features. “Now that we’re back alone, do you need me to help you to get laid?”

She laughs. He’s so stupid he’s everything she wants. “You're sick.”

"But you're taking care of me, right?" He winks with a meaning.

"Of course."

He smirks, his eyes wander downwards. "Make this easy for me." Then his sharpening eyes shoot at her. "Strip."

 


 

a/n heh heh. u want more fluffs---and um...hotness..., there u go. i hope you like it!

i dont want too much drama on nayeon finding out, which is why i kept stressing on the fact that she knows everything in the past chapters. lol. n also, if u want to have idea on how big sana's bump is, u have to google 14 weeks bump, but hers is slightly smaller. 

ok thanks for reading guys!