One

Turning The Sphere

1.3k


 

“I hate you!” She says in a conviction as she hastily puts her clothes back on. Her blouse is buttoned incorrectly but she doesn’t care. If she stays in this room one second longer, she’s going to walk out as a murderer.

And his victim would most definitely be him. Kim Mingyu.

He’s squinting at her from the bed. He stays under the sheet but doesn’t give any effort to cover from his waist up. She tries not to stare at the defined abs. Last night, it’s in touching distance but now that the time is up, she wishes she had dug her nails in it.

“Uh huh. You begged me last night, I gave what you wanted and that’s your gratitude? Not that I expected much from a brat like you, but Sana, there are million ways to thank someone. Like being on your knees . . . figuratively.” He suggests, staring down his body. Sana follows his gaze and nearly gasps. “Maybe you need proper breakfast for your foul mood.”

She grabs her purse from the floor, and slips on her heels. “You stupid anemone !“

He laughs.

“Shut up, if you take advantage of me again—“

He stops laughing. “Say what?” His voice roars. He sits up and the sheet follows, crowding dangerously low down his hips. He has that illegal v attached on and Sana moves closer to the doorknob because she has more reason to run away now. “You were the one who pulled me in here!”

“You should have said no when I—“

“How could I say no when you—“ He pauses. There’s a slow bob on his throat but he hangs his head down just before Sana could point it out.

“How could you not say no? You hate me too.”

He waves his hand dismissively. “Whatever, it happened. What done is done. Now leave—“

“Are you kicking me out? You little hippo brain!”

“I’m not finished! I wanted to say leave before the boys wake up. I’m saving you from your walk of shame here.”

She grunts. His little hippo brain has a point. It’s six in the morning and his housemate would wake up in no time. She strides to the door.

“Bye, baby bird.”

“ you.”

“Again? Sure.”

Sana is out of the door right when he’s swinging off the cover.

It’s been about two months since Sana dragged her enemy for life to his room for one drunk and she’s still couldn’t figure out how she mistakenly dragged him instead of, say, Wonwoo. What led to that? Was it his dressing? She couldn’t remember how he looked like that night but one thing for sure, even if she’s drunk to the point that she forgot her own name, her drunken state still has standard. Mingyu is still going to be ugly donkey from seven mile radius so how? And how did they end up exactly in his room? There are three bedrooms in there and Mingyu’s is the second down the hallway. Did he lead her too?

She remembers there was some kissing prior and she remembers him cupping her cheeks, halting her from ripping his shirt, and he said “you’re going to regret this, baby bird” but she ripped his shirt anyway.

She shouldn’t. Mingyu was not kidding.

Because the bits and bits of regret from that night is now piling up into one giant mothering pang of conscience in the form of two blue lines.

Pregnant.

She stares and stares and stares, frowning at it as if she has a hard time comprehending it. Kind of because, how?

With the bile up to , she starts to pace around the small space of the bathroom. Sweats wetting her forehead, cold simmering under her skin as if her bloods all drain out. She tries harder to recall back the memory of that night.

He used . It was a very vivid detail but there’s an image of him ripping it off after they were done and threw it into the bin. But for some reason, it did feel extra . . . sticky that night. Was the broke?

Her breathing starts to quicken as she notices one fact. She missed few cycle of pills. She hasn’t slept with anyone for months since she broke it off with Ten so she carelessly neglected the routine. Mingyu happened for the first and the last since then and it was an accident and her mind was too foggy to remember about precaution.

That reminds her again of another blown-up bomb, falls very close under the scary eight-letters word.

Mingyu is the father.

Mingingyu.

Since one stupid partnering project in freshman year that ended up with disaster partnership with equally disaster result, safe to say she was so looking forward to spend the rest of college years hating him and imagining killing him in gory details. And it’s mutual. Up to that one particular night, the nicest exchange they had was giving each other middle finger from a distance. He hates her just as much and with that, panic seizes her more, making her very close to hurl into the toilet bowl now.

He’s not going to want the baby.

There’s no way he would want it. She never cares about Mingyu’s reputation with girls but he always gives her a vibe of a noncommittal player. He would never want to commit to a relationship as far as having a baby in a way. Besides, he’s not going to make a good father anyway. Her and Mingyu both would not make a good parents.

So better save it.

She stares at her pale face in the mirror, and then her hands run down her flat stomach.

Today marks another history.

For the first time ever, she thinks they will come up with a decision without an argument.

She doesn’t want it too.

She already decided for abortion, but she also decided that Mingyu has the right to know. He’s getting another reason to loath her very existence and that goes fine for her.

“Woah—“ He screeches as she pulls him by his hand the moment the class ends. “Hey, baby bird. What’s up? Are we about to go down again? Because if we do, we have to—“

“Shut up.”

He grunts. Mingyu tends to be like that. He’ll be all flirty one second, but stomps on his ego, he’ll be a jerk. That’s not to say his flirty side isn’t a jerk. Just another shade of jerk. Conclusion; he’s fifty shades of jerk. “I have a class, Minatozaki. Not that I’m giving you the image but I do mind my grade.” Minding his grade is also a jerk.

“Shut the duck up.”

She drags him all the way to the back of the building, ignoring all the weird looks they get from their friends. She does aware that Nayeon snaps their photo while giggling and it would be a tool for a bargain later but she couldn’t give a now. The sooner she tells him, the sooner she could let this go like it never happened.

Once they are in a strategic location, Mingyu fires off questions. Sana couldn’t hear a thing as she gathers her senses and courage. It takes everything in her to stare straight at him and say the two words.

“I’m pregnant.”

Funny how it started with a constant I hate you and this two-word twist couldn’t escalate quickly enough.

 

 


 

There’s a difference when I just write and when I’m actually writing. This is the work where I just write. 

Thanks for reading. :)

 

and also to Nico, if you're reading this, this is me publicly admitting I'm a ert. hahahabutyoutoohaha.