First

Tattoo.

The rest of their Saturday goes to unpacking Jae's stuff, and is filled with smiles as Jae places his clothes in Brian's closet which is now theirs. More smiles as he unpacks his toys in the little room that they agreed on being a small office space for Jae to write, and for Brian to compose. 

It's almost 8PM when Jae plops down on the living room floor, not even bothering to sit on the couch and just groans at the cold hardwood floor touching his back.

"Tired?" Brian asks, a small smile on his face as he looks down at Jae.

He was hoping he could take him out to dinner, celebrate their first night together, make up for the fajita incident last time. 

"Hell yeah," he answers, closing his eyes as he remains on the floor.

"Too tired for a movie? "

Jae finally sits up, looking at his boyfriend with a smile,

"Definitely not."

"We can watch one out here, you're looking kind of comfy on the floor." Brian teases, even though he wouldn't let Jae stay there during the movie.

"Up for some popcorn?" Brian asks, making his way to the kitchen

"Yes!" Jae says,

"Oh, do you have those flavoured powders?" he asks, his eyes anticipating a positive response.

Brian doesn't say anything, but instead pulls out the familiar blue packets from a drawer, flashing Jae a wink and a smile as the latter replies with a thumbs up.

"What do you want for dinner?" 

Jae eyes his boyfriend already taking out some pans and looking at the contents of the fridge,

"Do you wanna order take-out?" Jae suggests,

"You're tired too, don't cook tonight."

"But I wanted to make you something," Brian replies, a small pout on his lips, and the author just laughs.

"You can make me something another night," 

Brian immediately brightens up; realizing that Jae's right because he lives with him now. A smile spreads on Brian's face, and he nods, putting back the pan and just microwaving the popcorn.

"Are you okay with pizza, chicken and fries?" Jae asks from the living room, already ready to dial and just waiting for the okay from Brian.

"Of course. You know I love eating healthy," he replies with laughter and just watches the popcorn after Jae rolls his eyes and calls the place.

The delivery was quick, a young girl bringing their order within 25 minutes. Brian pays, accepts the boxes, closes the door and turns around to see Jae standing with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What?" Brian asks, going to put the food in the living room,

"She was fully flirting with you."

The latter holds back a laugh, taking into consideration Jae's tone.

"She was not," Brian tries to defend, even though he himself doesn't sound convinced.

"Really?" Jae prompts, and proceeds to imitate,

"Oh! What a nice place you have! I like your shirt! I love this pizza, too!" he twirls imaginary hair between his fingers, raising his voice higher than an average female's and Brian just laughs.

"She was just being friendly, she wasn't flirting,"

"Oh c'mon, her face was redder than the pepperoni on this pizza."

The author sits down on the couch, opening the boxes 

Brian's mouth gapes open,

"Jaehyung!" he scolds, laughing at how petty his boyfriend is being.

"What? You know it's true."

"Are you seriously that jealous? I didn't entertain her." 

Brian sits beside him, a little further away than usual just incase Jae is really being moody

"I'm not jealous. If she's gonna flirt with my boyfriend, she should at least be better at flirting. Like what? Why would you say you like the same pizza! You're serving it!"

The latter looks at his boyfriend in amazement and disbelief.

"You're insane," and places a quick kiss on Jae's cheek and he pauses chewing his pizza only to go as red as the girl he was blabbering on about.

Brian grabs a slice for himself and gets up to play the movie.

They agree on Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which results in them laughing and Jae tearing up only to be mocked.

They're almost done the movie, and their current position is Jae's back on Brian's stomach, Brian's arms around Jae's waist and the author's body in between the other's outstretched legs.

The extra clip after the credits is playing as Brian says,

"Hey, Jae?"

"Hm?" he hums in response, his eyes still focused on the screen.

"I love you."

Brian catches him off guard, nestling his chin in the slope between Jae's neck and shoulder. He pulls Jae in just a little closer and closes his eyes.

Jae's eyes go wide as he turns a bright red, and buries his face into his hands. He smiles and just waits for a reply, not minding the wait.

"Unfair," Jae finally whispers,

"You said it first."

Brian's smile just gets wider as he decides to just repeat,

"I love you."

The author refuses to turn and look at him, assuming a smug smirk is on his boyfriend's face. But he can't but smile as he replies,

"I love you, too."

Jae almost loathes the way he's blushing so hard. Brian's his boyfriend; so these 3 words shouldn't be that shocking, especially since they live together now. Yet those 3 same words cause his lungs to burn and his face to rival the 'pepperoni on this pizza', to use his own words against him. Truth be told, Jae wanted to say it first. He didn't expect it from Brian, because he hasn't forgotten. As they're watching this movie on the couch; and tonight when they go to bed, Jae knows that Minri has been in those positions before. He knows Minri had probably heard those 3 words multiple times and Jae wonders if that's why it makes him so flustered. The author is about to comment, something along the lines of how lame they were being, but he can't seem to get words to leave his mouth when Brian nuzzles that spot. His warm breath almost tickling Jae when he says,

"Ah..." Brian says,

"How uncool... I just proclaimed my love for you, but I can't even look you in the eye just yet."

Jae concludes that if they're both this embarrassed, he might was well turn around. He does so; shifting in between Brian's leg as he turns to face Brian. 

He likes seeing Brian like this; blushing and smiling like an idiot as he can't control the happiness.

Jae takes his face in his hands before kissing him, their lips coming together as one as Brian wraps his arms aroud Jae's lower back, pulling him closer. Jae's hand combs through Brian's hair, while the other is grabbing the shirt at the other's chest. The author doesn't know what makes him bite Brian's bottom lip; but that's what happens. Maybe it's only in his mind, but the small noise that escapes Brian's mouth creating a short low hum between their lips, causes Jae to almost lose control - but he doesn't.

The blonde pulls away, and loves the short image of Brian's half-lidded eyes, looking at him with his mouth slightly parted.

They take some time to just look at each other, their breaths only a bit shallow and Jae suddenly becomes aware of Brian's hands at his hips, and what he just did. He turns away, using the back of his hand in an attempt to hide his red face.

"Sor-"

"Don't." Brian cuts him off, his voice stern, almost cold, and Jae's already scolding himself.

Brian places a soft kiss on Jae's neck,

"Apologize." he continues to place butterfly kisses trailing Jae's neck and jaw, and Jae can't help but laugh. Brian smiles himself, finding it cute; the fact that Jae's so ticklish.

Jae pulls Brian into a hug, and finds the arms that wrap around him comforting. Brian squeezes him, and once they pull away he stares at the other. 

His eyes peeking through his glasses, his lips a little more red and plump than usual; and he takes pride that he's the cause of that.

"God... I love you."

"I'm not God," Jae decides to play around and Brian smirks,

"Figured... That lip bite wasn't necessarily..." his eyes trail Jae's face to land on his lips, Brian slightly biting his own as he almost growls,

"...holy."

Jae smiles but there's a tint of mischief as he traces Brian's collarbones that are peeking through the neck of his shirt.

"Why aren't you ticklish?" he asks, an innocent pout on his face; as if it's unfair that Brian's not laughing. A chuckle escapes the other's lips,

"I don't know."

"What's your weakness, then?" 

"You." 

Brian leans in closer, his breath ghosting across Jae's ear and the author almost melts at how low his voice is when he whispers,

"I'm not ticklish, but trust me... I'll go weak under your fingertips."

"I didn't know your voice could go that low," he's still drawing patterns on Brian's skin,

"And I didn't know you were such a flirt."

"Oh please, look who's talking."

Brian smirks, and Jae decides to comment on it this time,

"When you smirk like that..."

The other raises an eyebrow in curiosity, 

"I feel really small." Jae says, and almost slaps himself for how uncool he sounds, and he tries to fix it by saying,

"Like, I feel like I can't do anything... When you look at me like that, I freeze and don't really know what to do."

"Good to know," another smirk but this time it's accompanied by a wink, and Jae just slaps Brian's chest, laughing.

"We should clean up and get to bed."

"Do you wanna go shower first? I'll clean up the living room."

"No, it's okay. I can help," Jae says and gets up, and Brian immediately feels the emptiness; deciding then that he never wants to let him go.

"Are you sure? You seemed really tired,"

"That was before we watched a hilarious movie and, before someone attacked my lips."

"Says the one who bit me."

It's Jae's turn to wink and he chuckles as he picks up the empty pizza box and putting it in the kitchen.

The couple is thankful that there are no dishes tonight, and clean up only takes a mere 10 minutes.

"Do you wanna go first?" Brian asks, gesturing toward the bathroom. Jae nods this time, going inside while Brian proceeds to rest on the bed.

He's just scrolling through his social media, and a picture causes him to think about taking a photo together with Jae, preferably multiple. 

He loses track of time, and only realizes how long he's spent watching clips of kids failing when he hears the bathroom door open, and Jae's head pops out. His blonde locks are dripping wet, and water droplets are resting on his milky skin.

"Uh..." the author says, and Brian looks up,

"Could you pass me a towel, please?"

He nods, getting up from the bed and going through Jae's things to find a towel and gives it to him,

"Can't believe you forgot to bring one in with you," he comments, shaking his head in faux disapproval.

"I'm tired, okay?" the author pleads for a free pass, and Brian laughs as he goes back on the bed.

Jae finally comes out, and switches places with Brian. Brian makes it obvious that he has a towel, and Jae just replies with,

"Yeah yeah, I hope you slip in the shower." and smiles at the familiar laugh that he loves.

When he comes out, Jae tries not to make his reaction too obvious.

Towel wrapped around his waist, his body not thoroughly dry as water drops from his hair to his shoulders and chest. The author's eyes trace the outlines of muscle on the other's body, and he suddenly doesn't feel as tired.

"Oh, my bad..." Brian says, noticing Jae's faint blush and says,

"It's a habit to just walk out... I'm surprised I put the towel on," he admits, and his eyes widen at his last words.

Jae just nods, trying not to imagine what would've happened if Brian hadn't put the towel on; he doesn't really succeed and he transfers his efforts to try and not thrash around in the bed.

"Can I turn off the light?"

"Yeah," is the response, and the room goes dark.

It takes a few seconds for their eyes to adjust but soon enough, Jae can see Brian's figure slipping in to bed beside him. It doesn't take long for Jae to feel his arm snake around him and pull him in closer.

Jae smiles as he turns to face Brian, his face peaceful as his eyelids seem heavy, the pillow underneath him being too comfortable.

"I'm so happy you're here right now,"

"I've slept here before," Jae reminds and Brian says,

"Yeah, but... Now I get to wake up every morning and see you. You're gonna be the first thing I see when I wake up, and the last before I go to bed."

"You're so lame," he rolls his eyes but he doesn't mean it. He appreciates the sweet, sincere words that Brian says to him, but he can't help but wonder if Minri's heard those exact words.

He knows that he shouldn't be insecure about it, and that Brian left Minri for him. So why is he still so hung up on the past? 

"Hey," Brian says,

"You okay?"

Even in the darkness, Brian could still Jae's eyes turn worrisome.

"Mhm," Jae nods and just snuggles in closer to Brian, his pillow becoming Brian's arm.

They start whispering and Jae realizes how much he loves these talks. The ones that occur when they're both tired but refuse to sleep, the ones where Brian's voice switches between a whisper and a sound he labels as 'Grudge-like', as he goes on about a story from his experience in Toronto. These conversations that make each other feel like the only two in the world as they're so close that they feel each other's breaths; the ones that no one else knows about.

"And then Terry just..." he trails off as he looks at Jae whose eyes are closed.

The author can't even open his eyes, the lids feeling too heavy, as he asks,

"Why'd you stop?"

"I'll tell you the rest tomorrow, get some sleep."

"But, I'm not-"

"Don't even try and argue when your eyes aren't open." Brian teases, his low chuckle causing vibrations that Jae feels.

Jae just smiles in defeat,

"Good night."

"Good night," Brian replies, placing a soft kiss on Jae's forehead,

"Love you."

"Love you too," his voice is weak, as he drifts in to slumber, the last sensation being Brian's arm holding him just a bit tighter.

 

 

 

'good morning, love! went to grab some breakfast! wait for me.'

Brian's handwriting is nice and neat, Jae thinks as he inspects the little sticky note that was on his phone.

He looks at the time and concludes that he must've been exhausted last night, considering it's already 11AM. Jae makes his way to the kitchen, smiling as he walks through the apartment, seeing his things amidst Brian's.

Jae's reading a little poetry book when he hears the front door open,

"Hey!" his smile immediately fades when he sees Brian's face, his boyfriend panting a bit as he closes the door.

"What the Hell happened to you?" 

Jae asks, making his way to Brian,

"Sorry... Breakfast got cold,"

"Brian."

He responds to his name, looking Jae in the eye. He inhales before admitting,

"Some girls recognized me..."

Jae grabs Brian's chin, maneuvering his face to see the various scratches; granted there's not that many.

"I'm fine, it doesn't hu-" Brian stops, and continues on, his tone changing,

"Jae... Why're you crying, what's wrong?"

It's only then that Jae realizes there are tears rolling down his cheeks, and he looks at Brian with lost eyes.

"I'm scared... and sorry. I-It's probably so hard to be my boyfriend and I know we were so excited to go on dates, to show each other off... But if you keep getting hurting, and if it's too hard, I'll completely understand-"

"Jae, what the Hell are you saying?"

"If you wanna break-up now, before things get too serious then, I get it, I don't blame yo-"

Brian drops the bag filled with their breakfast, it was cold anyway, before grabbing Jae's face in his hands and kissing him. It's powerful, Brian not letting up even when he's hit with a bit of sadness when the saltiness of Jae's tears gets in the way. Brian's momentum and motive causing them to back up until Jae feels his back hit the wall, and he has no where to go except melt into Brian's lips. The latter bites Jae's bottom lip, and that causes a quiet whimper that makes Brian pause for a second before capturing his boyfriend's lips into a softer kiss.

"Please don't talk about breaking up." he says against Jae's lips,

"Don't say you'll understand the want to breaking up... Please."

Jae's stopped crying, and he's currently looking at Brian, those familiar piercing eyes that're looking at him, making him feel the same way he does when Brian smirks.

"I'm sorry that you feel insecure, and maybe it's my fault for not showing how much I love you... But, I need you to know that the thought of breaking up has never crossed my mind. You just moved in with me, so there's no way in Hell I'm letting you go so soon... or even at all."

Those last few words send chills down Jae's spine, and he just stares.

"You're incredible."

Brian lips slowly curl into a smile before places a quick peck on Jae's lips,

"Stop crying, okay? When I see you like that my heart feels like it's gonna explode."

The author nods. Brian gives him a dashing smile before going to pick up the breakfast, and Jae grabs his wrist,

"Wait. Let's treat those scratches before they scar."

That leads to Brian sitting still as Jae's slender fingers care for the small cuts on his boyfriend's face.

Once that's done, they go back into the kitchen and Brian says,

"I got you an Iced Americano, but uh... The ice is kinda gone now,"

"That's 'cause someone decided to attack my lips."

"Why do you always describe it as an attack?" Brian muses, a curious smile on his face as he microwaves their breakfast.

"Do you know how you kiss? It practically threatens my safety."

"You can't call it an attack just 'cause you're bottom..." Brian mumbles at a volume that was only audible to his own ears,

"What was that?" Jae asks,

"Nothing."

Jae eyes him suspiciously, before rolling his eyes and sighing. Brian laughs and just walks over, placing a kiss on his head,

"I'll stop attacking you, then." 

"No!" Jae immediately protests and doesn't miss Brian's snort of a laugh at his haste reaction,

"You're so confusing!" Brian yells back, but it's an amused tone accompanied by a bright smile,

"I'm not! I'm just saying your kisses make me feel... small, just like your smirks,"

"You know, if you keep saying stuff like that, one day I might not be able to hold back."

Brian warns, and it gets quiet as Jae tries to decipher what that meant; but it doesn't take long. Now the silence is time for Jae to think of a reply.

"When that day comes, don't."

They stare at each other for a while, and Brian's glare breaks when he smirks; something Jae has a love-hate relationship with.

"And you call me the flirt,"

"You started it!"

"Uh, no." Brian practically sings,

"You attacked me first."

Jae's about to object but he recalls Brian's birthday party, and he can't do much except settle back into his seat.

"That's what I thought."

"You always have to have the last word, huh?" Jae says, smiling as Brian places their breakfast in front of him,

"That's cause someone feels so proud in having the first."

And with that, they settle down to enjoy breakfast; Brian's scratches being an underlying topic that neither of them bring up as they eat. They enjoy their meal; the first one of many after Jae has moved in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

hi guys! sorry it's been 2 weeks, got filled with performances also had a tiny little block in the middle of this chapter, so sorry if it wasn't that great! i'll probably reintroduce some drama and tension soon enough :D lol hurghh at those kiss scenes my bad idk how to write stuff like that i'm hollering-

how've you guys been? hope everything's been well! thank you, once again, for surpassing 200 comments; that was one of my goals for this fic! i'm also thankful to the silent readers! <3

please please pleeaasseee comment any thoughts you have on this chapter, or the story in general! if you're new, hi! i'm zen :D LOL, i like talking to my readers, so when you guys comment, that gives me an opportunity to do so!

anyway, please comment, subscribe to keep updated and if you're enjoying the story, give this fic an upvote! :) love you guys endlessly. i'll try and update soon! until then, PEACE! - Zen