Crazy

Tattoo.

"Doesn't it annoy you?" Jae asks,

"What?" Eunyi replies.

They're walking, still hand in hand as Jae uses his free hand to hold their popcorn and Eunyi holds their soda, as they make their way to the theatre.

"The cameras that follow us, the people that can't mind their own business."

"I mean, I don't mind it that much.. But I swear if they disrupt our movie," Eunyi replies, shaking her head at her last words.

Jae laughs lightly at her little pout, and she smiles in response.

"Excited?" 

"Oh yeah, definitely." Eunyi replies as they're entering the dark theatre,

"I'm surprised, I thought you'd want to watch a chick-flick," 

"Not when Deadpool is showing.C'mon, are you saying you'd rather watch a cheesy rom-com?" 

"Nope, most definitely would not prefer that." Jae replies with a smile as they sit down.

"Wait, why is there only one drink?" Jae asks,

"There's 2 straws, calm down"

"No, but we could've gotten our own.."

"I'm not paying for another drink!" Eunyi half whispers, half yells, with a smile to show Jae she's not actually getting upset.

"If you're that uncomfortable, and don't want to share a drink, go buy one" she suggests,

"I might miss the previews.." Jae says, pouting slightly and Eunyi just laughs.

"Then, boyfriend," she jokes,

"It's not that big of a deal sharing a drink... Especially since we have our own straws."

"I mean I guess..." the latter says, rolling his eyes jokingly as he laughs with Eunyi.

When the movie starts, Jae kind of admires the way the light from the screen catches Eunyi's bright smiles. She's thoroughly enjoying the movie, laughing whenever reasonable and Jae laughs too. 

She was right, sharing a drink isn't that big of a deal, and Jae doesn't seem to even regard it, too busy laughing at the movie. 

Eunyi's laugh is melodic, and it's pleasant. Jae finds himself laughing or smiling whenever she does, as if it's contagious.

Jae has never been one to have a specific gender preference. 

He thinks that, whoever he falls for, he falls for. Their gender isn't that huge of a factor when he thinks about liking someone. He just happened to like Younghyun for a long time, and he just happened to be a boy. 

He wonders if maybe this is an opportunity to try and get over Younghyun. There's no guarantee that Brian will get his memories back, and even if he does, there's no guarantee that they would have a happily ever after.

"Did you like the movie?" Eunyi's excited question cuts off Jae's thoughts and Jae scoffs before replying,

"All I heard was your annoying laugh," he jokes and Eunyi pretends to be offended,

"I hope you get quoted on the news for being mean to me," she says and sticks out her tongue,

"The people in the theatre will vouch for me" 

"And the people hearing our conversation right now will vouch for me," Eunyi replies, and Jae smiles.

"Oh! There's an arcade!" she exclaims, and lets go of Jae's hand to run to the part of the cineplex that's illuminated by colourful, neon lights.

"Wow," Jae says sarcastically, walking towards Eunyi who's already waiting to buy some tokens,

"Didn't know I was dating a 6 year-old," 

"Didn't know I was dating a guy in his 80's who can't have a little fun," Eunyi replies,

"Please," Jae says as he reaches her side,

"I can beat you at any game, any day,"

"Is that a challenge?" she asks, a daring smile on her face and Jae just shrugs,

"Geez, she can read between the lines.. Impressive," Jae jokes and Eunyi laughs,

"What're we betting on?"

"You lost me, when did we agree to bet?"

"You brought it upon yourself when you challenged me" she replies, wiggling her eyebrows, amused,

"Why, scared you're gonna lose?" Eunyi taunts, and Jae scoffs,

"You're gonna be the one losing,"

"Then, loser buys dinner," she suggests,

"In other words, you're buying dinner." Jae replies,

"Oh, it's on~" Eunyi says and Jae laughs.

The plan goes as follows, they're going to play everything in the arcade, whoever wins the most is the winner, simple.

And following that plan is how the two waste almost 4 hours at the relatively small arcade.

 

"Told you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just choose what you want for dinner,"

"Hmm," Jae thinks for a bit, a triumphant smile on his face as he holds the various stuffed animals and prizes in his arms.

"I know a place,"

"It better not be too expensive,"

"Oh, don't worry.. It's just, like, $100 per serving?" Jae jokes as they get into his car, Jae throwing the prizes in the back before jogging to open Eunyi's door.

"Oh why, thank you~" she says with a joking smile, as she gets in

"The cameras might be watching." Jae answers as he pretends to slam the door on her leg, making her flinch but they both laugh it off.

The car ride involves Eunyi singing, more accurately screaming, to whatever happens to play on the radio, and Jae can't help but laugh. The windows are rolled down, and it's a pretty chilly night, but for some reason neither of them are cold. 

Eunyi takes the aux. chord and plugs in her phone, and starts playing some chill, R&B songs and just relaxes for a bit, watching and appreciating the scenery blur past as the night breeze runs through her hair. And Jae's so focused on the road that he doesn't notice the gaze Eunyi's staring at him with.

They park and get out of the car, to be greeted with a classic diner. Eunyi looks up at the red neon sign, and smiles, but then shivers as the cold of the night eventually hits them. 

Jae slips off his sweater and puts it over Eunyi,

"I have a long sleeve underneath, so take it," he says,

"Gross, it's weird when you're nice," she replies, smiling

"Never know when cameras are on us," Jae replies as he extends his hand and Eunyi slips her fingers between his.

They enter the diner, and ignore the buzz of whispers that start once they walk in. They seat themselves, and receives some menus, and Eunyi's face lights up at the selection and cheap prices,

"How do you know about this place?"

"Uh," Jae starts,

"My friend and I used to come by here whenver we went out late at night. It was the perfect, long drive and we would just be sitting on top of our car, eating and talking..."

Younghyun's loud laughter disappears into the night as Jae takes another fry,

"Man, I love this place," he says and Jae smiles,

"Yeah, it's nice..."

"Hey, I think there's a hair in my burger," Younghyun says and Jae looks over,

"No, see, closer," he says and Jae brings his head closer,

"I don't see anyth-"

Jae's words are cut off when he gets a face full of Younghyun's burger.

"Seriously?"

Jae asks, clearly unamused, and Younghyun can't take him seriously with all the mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise on his face, and Younghyun only laughs more when a pickle falls of Jae's face.

"Younghyun, you know I'm allergic to freakin' mustard seeds!"

"Oh crap, are you really?" Younghyun stops laughing and makes his way back to Jae's side and takes his face in his hands,

"Gotcha," Jae says as he shoves his own burger in the other's face.

And it's a mess of fries, pieces of burger and laughter in the night as the immature boys refuse to stop the food fight. 

It ends in a kiss that tastes like mustard, and Jae's thankful he's not actually allergic to it, as he smiles halfway through the kiss and Younghyun does the same.

"What're you gonna get?" Eunyi asks, as the server is there to take their order

"Just a double cheeseburger, fries and some Coke"

"Then, we'll have 2 of those, please" Eunyi says and hands the menus back to the waitor.

"Your sweater is comfortable," she comments,

"Might just steal it once this is all over," she jokes and Jae smiles,

"Nope, you can't. Not you too,"

"Who else steals your sweaters?" Eunyi asks, and notices Jae's smile falter, and the hesitation so she decides,

"Nevermind, sorry for asking.."

"No, it's fine, it was just a friend of mine."

"That look on your face doesn't say 'just a friend' to me," she replies, and Jae's about to explain when the diner door opens and Jae hears a familiar laugh.

Out of all the diners, restaurants, practically anywhere to eat, within their vicinity, of course it'd just have to be here.

In walks Brian and Minri, the latters hand around her shoulders as they walk in, and go to sit at a table, but spot Jae.

"Oh!" Minri says and smiles and waves, and Jae does the same in return.

Brian watches as Minri jogs to Jae's table and says,

"Oh, are you on a date?"

"Uh, yeah" he answers,

"Brian and I were on one too, do you mind if we sit with you guys?" Minri asks, and Jae just looks at Eunyi, as if hoping she'd say no, but she just shrugs with a smile.

"Min, c'mon, don't do that, they're on a date" Brian says, finally making his way to her side,

"No, no, we don't mind" Eunyi finally speaks, with a smile and it's Jae's turn to shrug.

Minri sits beside Eunyi and Jae sends her an apologetic look, as Brian makes his way beside Jae.

The girls are talking, introducing themselves and then Minri asks,

"So, how did you 2 meet?"

Jae and Eunyi look at each other, and are both thankful that their food comes when it does because it gives Jae time to whisper to Brian,

"You didn't tell Minri the circumstances?"

"Didn't have time, it slipped my mind." he whispers back,

"Well," Eunyi starts, 

"We met at the cafe where Brian works at, actually" she lies and Jae watches as she makes up the story of their first meeting, completely different than the reality of them meeting in an office with Jae's manager and publisher.

"We both had ordered an Iced Americano, but when Brian called for it, we both went up and grabbed it at the same time." she says, laughing and Jae's almost amazed at her acting,

"It was the cliché, 'you take it first', 'no, please, you take it first', and then I took it," Eunyi explains,

"But I waited at the counter until his came, just chatting, and I guess the rest is history." she says.

Jae almost says 'wow', his lips slightly parted in both amusement, and amazement. Eunyi sends him a wink and mischievous smile as Eunyi cooes at the completely made up story, and Brian sends him an impressed look.

"Hey, you guys should order" Jae says and Brian and Minri do exactly that. 

The 4 of them talk, and Jae notices the way Eunyi isn't awkward at all. She's talking as if she's been friends with them longer than Jae has so there's no uncomfortable pauses. 

"Sorry for intruding on your date," Brian says as they're all eating,

"No it's fine, it's cool seeing you here though," Jae answers, and Brian's about to answer when Eunyi interrupts with a,

"Oh!" 

Jae looks to see his hoodie with ketchup decorating it,

"Shoot, sorry Jae" Eunyi immediately apologizes and reaches for tissues, but the baggy sleeve drags across her burger, staining the arm.

"Oh my God, I-I'm sorry,"

"It's fine, it's fine," Jae says and gets up to help her with the ketchup on the sleeves and the front of the sweater.

"Oh man, you at arcade games and you're clumsy..." Jae jokes while shaking his head and Eunyi smiles,

"Here, let's go to the washroom and try to get some of the stains out while it's still fresh," Minri suggests and then her and Eunyi are off.

Jae watches as the girls scurry to the washroom, 

"Is that your sweater?" Brian asks,

"Yeah."

"Gotta admit, they are really comfortable,"

"Yeah, I know.. I'm the one that buys them." Jae replies and they laugh.

"So, how is she?"

"Eunyi? She's... She's actually great. Watched Deadpool earlier, and totally beat her at the arcade,"

"Oh c'mon, man, you should've let her win,"

"What, no! She was talking big, and I didn't want to pay for dinner," Jae replies,

"You know nothing about girlfriends" Brian's tongue slips, and then realizes his words after.

"Well, yeah... Can't argue with you there. Considering multiple circumstances," Jae replies,

"Sorry.."

"Don't be, you're right" Jae laughs a bit, but it doesn't make Brian feel any better.

"Hey, how'd you find out about this place?"

"Hm? Oh, I don't know.. We were driving by, and the sense of déjà vu just got to me. Since we were both hungry, we decided to just come here," he replies,

"Why?"

"We used to eat here a lot, and I mean a lot" Jae says, not hesitating considering Minri and Eunyi weren't around to hear,

"Really?"

"I mean, the fact that you recognized the place is kind of comforting."

It's quiet for a bit, and then Brian says,

"Hey, I have a question."

"You always do. Is it just with me?" Jae says, and Brian thinks a bit before nodding,

"Yeah, I guess."

"Okay, shoot,"

"Would you help me get my memories back?"

"What do you mean?" Jae asks,

"Just, if I had questions, would you answer them?"

"Have been,"

"If I asked you to come with me to places we used to visit, would you?"

"We're at one right now," Jae replies,

"If I asked you for a favour, would you comply?"

"It depends, but I would try."

"Why are you asking all of these questions all of a sudden?" Jae asks and Brian's gonna answer but the girls return.

Eunyi is shaking her sleeves in an attempt to dry them and Jae smiles,

"Ok, wet dog, getting water all over me," he jokes and Brian watches the way Eunyi just shakes the sleeve even more and laughs and Jae shielding his face,

"So," Minri says,

"How do you guys feel about the fame?"

"Burdened." Jae replies, and Eunyi nods in agreement,

"But, I guess I signed up for it once I started dating a famous author," she says,

"Do you regret it?" Brian asks, and it sounds a little harsh, so he adds a curious smile to make it less intense,

"Nope," she replies,

"He's a pretty cool dude." Eunyi adds as she looks at Jae and her smile is just as true as her words.

"You called me a loser earlier," Jae argues, causing the 4 of them to laugh.

 

The group is enjoying their milkshakes, and Jae wonders if they ordered them just so that they could stay and talk longer. 

"Hey, can I ask something" Eunyi says and Jae becomes worried,

"Did you two," she starts, gesturing between Jae and Minri,

"Have something going on?"

And Minri and Jae both almost choke on their milkshakes,

"W-what? No," Jae answers,

"Why would you ask that?" he says, and Minri giggles at how straight forward Eunyi is.

"I don't know, it's just, when they walked in, you looked a bit sad and hesitant, that's all" she replies and takes a sip of her milkshake.

Jae's quiet as he wonders how Eunyi can notice the slightest detail within him, and Brian pretends like he doesn't know why Jae would feel a bit sad upon seeing them.

"No, we didn't date or talk, or anything" Minri says and Eunyi nods,

"Maybe those two did," Minri jokes, pointing at Brian and Jae, and the girls' laughter masks the awkward chuckle that escapes Jae's lips, and distracts them from seeing the way Brian looks at Jae.

Thankfully, the subject changes, and Brian observes Eunyi. She talks so comfortably to both him, and Minri, and most of all, Jae, and Brian hates the way he can't hate Eunyi.

But only subconsciously.

Everything involving Jae and emotions seems to only be subconscious when it comes to Brian, as if he's only feeling this way because of the past he has yet to remember.

 

"Yeah, tonight was great! We should definitely do another double-date soon," Minri says and Eunyi just smiles and nods, unsure of when this whole deal with Jae will come to an end.

"See you guys soon," Jae says as the couples split to go to their respective cars. 

"She's nice," Minri says to Brian as they get in their car,

"Yeah,"

"Her and Jae are so cute, they're always playing around and joking," 

"Minri's nice," Eunyi says,

"Mhm, nicer than you" Jae replies, and Eunyi laughs

"So, you two really didn't have anything?"

"No! I'm serious! I swear, I only met her through Brian," 

"You had some like tension, though," Eunyi says but then shrugs,

"Hey, can we just... not? Please?" Jae asks, and Eunyi knows from his voice that he's not in the mood to joke,

"Sorry." she says.

The drive back is kind of awkward, but that doesn't stop Eunyi from singing and Jae from smiling again.

"You have a nice smile," she comments,

"What? No, shut up," he says, laughing and Eunyi laughs too,

"No, seriously! You do."

"Thanks, you do too."

"Yeah, I know.." 

It's quiet before Jae scoffs, and Eunyi laughs,

"I hate you," he jokes and then finds himself joining in on the singing, as they continue driving.

They get to Eunyi's apartment, and to Eunyi's surprise, Jae gets out when she does. 

He opens the backseat doors, and grabs the biggest teddy bear he can find,

"Here," he says and Eunyi's grateful it's dark because she knows the endless teasing that would come if Jae noticed her slightly rosy cheeks.

"Think of it as a participation prize," and Eunyi laughs as she accepts the bear,

"I'll beat you next time,"

"Oh, there's going to be a next time?" Jae jokes and Eunyi nods,

"Then," he says, getting back into his car,

"It's a date."

 

"Hey, can you do me a favour?"

It's been only a few days since the unplanned double date. Jae doesn't know how it happened, but he's chilling in Brian's apartment, they're both sitting comfortably on the couch.

They've been talking about trivial things for about an hour now, and Jae's wondering why Brian texted him to chill today, and maybe now he'll get his answer.

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" Jae replies, before taking a sip of his water.

And Brian's response has Jae choking on that sip of water; as well as thinking he's clearly not in his right mind. 

He's crazy; he's joking; he spiked his own drink with alcohol or drugs. 

But Jae thinks that he, himself, is just as crazy because he can't help but feel a bit happy when Brian says,

"Kiss me."

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

Fun Fact: i never edit my stories, and also i forgot Eunyi's name halfway through writing this and typed 'Eunji' which resulted in me going back at having to correct myself because i'm dumb. LOL 

oh my gosh, guys i can finally eat now! :D yaaay for a successful wisdom teeth removal. thank you for the concerned comments, and the supportive ones as well! (: 

OH KINDA IMPORTANT: if anyone is willing to do graphics for this fic, it would gladly be accepted and much appreciated.  ^_^

ANYWAY; i hope this chapter wasn't too bad. i wanted to write more about Jae and Eunyi's relationship, or 'fake' relationship, so yeah.. (: !! i start school in like 4 days, rip meeeee ;-; as if my updating times weren't bad enough LOLOL

but yeah ! :D as always, please please please leave comments on your opinion or suggestions, or about anything really! :D i love reading them, i seriously do. oh, also please upvote this story if you don't hate it too much xD haha, and you guys probably guessed, subscribe to keep updated! (: I'll try to update once more before school starts, but if i don't, please understand how busy i am. 

hope you guys have a wonderful day, hope your august was awesome, hope you enjoyed your summer to the fullest, hope you keep smiling. (:

i really love you guys. (: you guys are my motivation, even the silent readers, ik you're there. LOL xD thanks for reading this chapter, and i'll try to update soon, but until then, PEACE! - Zen