You?

Tattoo.

"And today, joining us, we have the author of 'Float On...', please welcome Park Jaehyung." 

Jae bowed at the interviewer before smiling at the camera that was currently recording their conversation. 

"Hello, I'm Park Jaehyung." he introduces with a cute smile, and he settles back into his chair, crossing his legs.

Although trying to come off as professional, all his friends and family know just what kind of person Jaehyung actually is.

First of all, he never goes by Jaehyung.

In fact, his full name makes him cringe, but considering that's the name on his books, he deals with the feeling of being formally addressed as 'Jaehyung'.

He likes being called Jae, and when he first meets people that aren't contacting him for business, that's how he introduces himself.

Although he's often seen in nice dress shirts and suits on TV, his favourite outfits are the ones consisting of sweatpants and a baggy sweater along with some sneakers. 

He's quite the simple person, a 'man-child' some would describe him as.

He's funny, and easy-going, and very sociable. That aspect of him makes things for his manager difficult, because he has to remind Jae that not everyone wants to be his friend.

And so, being the simple person Jae is, it's difficult for his friends and family to believe the wise words that come out of his mouth. The stories and dialogue he forms within his mind, and translates on to paper and is sold to millions of people, world-wide; it's fascinating how the immature, funny 24-year-old Jae creates them. 

"You are one of the youngest authors to have sold books in record-breaking numbers, how does that feel?" the lady whose name Jae already forgot asks,

"It's amazing." he starts off with a proud smile, 

"It's fascinating to know people around the world are reading and experiencing the universies I create and try to convey with words." he explains.

A few more questions go by, and Jae answers them as naturally and honestly as he can.

"So, your number one best-seller is actually a romance novel, 'Float On...', correct?"

"Yes, I believe that is correct." Jae says while nodding,

"The emotions and love story in this novel is recognized world-wide. Is it safe to assume you have quite the experience in relationships?" 

Jae laughs before shaking his head and quickly denying,

"Oh, no, no." he says, "I've actually haven't been in a relationship."

And Jae stiffles his laughter when the interviewer's face contorts in surprise and also disbelief,

"No way." she says, and Jae concludes that that's the most natural thing that's come out of so far. 

"You must've have dated someone. Or are you just not allowed to say because scandals might arise?" she jokes a bit, and Jae smiles again,

"No, I'm being completely serious." Jae explains, 

"I mean, relationships I have no experience with. But, I think I've fallen in love." 

"You think?"

"Yeah, I don't really know if what I felt was love. But, all I know is that till this day, I can't forget that person, and the feelings they gave me."

The interview thinks for a bit before asking,

"What is love, to you? Describe what you think love means, or is like"

The blonde author thought for a while before answering the interviewer's question.

"I guess, I would describe love to be similar to a tattoo." he starts,

"It can be temporary, it can be vibrant and prominent one moment, but the next it could fade away without even leaving a trace On the other side of that, love can be permanent. It can sting you, and be forever embedded into you; and you can regret it, try and cover it up, but underneath the attempts to mask it, the original one is still there."

"Any specific tattoo designs that come to mind?"

Jaehyung smiles to himself before answering,

"A dandelion."

The interviewer nods in thought and Jae elaborates,

"A dandelion with it's seeds floating off in the wind." 

 

"Hey Brian," 

The platinum haired boy looks up from the cup of coffee he's making,

"Hm?" he hums in response and follows Sungjin's line of sight.

"Don't you have a tattoo like that?" he asks, and Brian processes that displayed on the cafe TV is an interview with an author named Park Jaehyung.

"A tattoo like what?" he admits to not listening and Sungjin sighs quietly before restating,

"A dandelion, with it's seeds floating off in the wind" he mocks the author's tone, 

"Yeah, I do." Brian confirms, and then his attention is redirected to the cup of caramel macchiato in the making.

"That's weird," Sungjin says before making his way to Brian's side,

"He described your exact tattoo,"

"I'm sure it's pretty common. Someone else must have the exact same tattoo," he explains as he takes a sip of his own coffee.

The cafe is currently dying down, only 1 regular customer left, and she was already served. Brian and Sungjin both work there part-time, both of them just trying to earn a little extra money, and coincidentally they both loved music and the relaxing smell of coffee.

"But, he could've just left it at 'dandelion'." Sungjin says before eye-ing Brian suspiciously. "Yet he decided to add on the seeds floating away."

Brian looked at his best friend who was accusing him of something with his eyes,

"What?" he asks and Sungjin leans in close to ask,

"Do you know Jaehyung?"

And Brian can't help the laugh that escapes his lips and immediately Sungjin's eyes go wide, and he fake gasps,

"My best-friend knows a best-selling author?!" 

"Sungjin, shut up-" Brian says as the quiet girl in the corner stops reading her book and turns to look at them.

"What was that, Brian? You and Jaehyung are practically besties?!" Sungjin teases further, and Brian slaps a hand over his loud best friend's mouth before turning to the girl and giving her an apologetic smile.

Upon doing that, he realizes she's reading one of Jaehyung's novels, 'Float On...' and he stares at the book for a while. Thinking. 

"I don't know him," Brian says once Sungjin has finally shut up and is laughing to himself.

"Okay, but it seems like he knows you." Sungjin says,

"Him describing my tattoo means nothing," Brian assures,

"I think even I would know if I was close with an author that famous." and Brian sees Sungjin's smile turn guilty. 

"Who knows, maybe in one of your-" Sungjin's words are cut off when the bell above the cafe door rang, and the door swung open.

The two looked at the door, both thinking it was quite odd that someone was coming in now, considering the cafe only had a few minutes before closing, and their regular had already came in. In a small cafe like the one the duo worked at, they get to know their costumers and eventually their habitual schedules. Even their regular looked up from her book, with a curious expression on her face. And so, Sungjin just decided to wipe the drying mugs, and let Brian take whoever's order.

A tall man walked in, most of his face covered by the shade of the hat he was wearing, and the hoodie he layered on top. He walked up to the register where Brian was waiting,

"Hey, can I help you with your order?" Brian says with a friendly smile as the man removes his hood, and looks at Brian.

For some reason, his eyes look familiar. 

They're not cold or curious, or unknown like a stranger's eyes. Brian doesn't know why, but the man's eyes make him feel safe. But those odd thoughts start changing when the man's eyes go wide,

"Younghyun?" 

Sungjin looks at Brian and then at the man, and back at Brian

"Uh, I-I don't think we have a drink called-"

"Younghyun, do you not know who I am?" 

And Brian looks extremely confused, and gives Sungjin a slightly panicked face as his best friend makes his way to his side.

"Excuse me," a small, female voice interrupts the exchange of confused glances

"C-Can I have your autograph?" and the 3 men turn to look at Sungjin and Brian's regular who is sheepishly extending a book out towards the man who was calling Brian by something that wasn't his name.

"Oh, sure!" the tall man says as he gestures towards the baristas for a pen, which Sungjin ends up giving him.

As the man is signing the book, their regular proceeds to say,

"U-Uh, Jaehyung, I'm a really really big fan of your books. I think you're an absolute genius, just- just the way your words flow and the stories you create." she sighs as she admires the tall author in front of her. 

Jaehyung is smiling and laughs lightly at the way she rambled, and then says,

"May I have your name? Just wanna know who I'm signing to" 

While that's going on, Sungjin is gaping at Brian who's just shrugging his shoulders

"I was just kidding, but you said you didn't know him!" Sungjin half whispers, and half yells at his best friend

"I swear I don't! He probably just has the wrong guy!" 

"You're trying to tell me, after describing your exact tattoo, and him recognizing your annoying face, that Park Jaehyung doesn't know you?!" 

"I don't know him! There's a difference, Sungjin!" Brian retaliates. 

The 2 best friend's not-so-quiet whispering was interrupted when they heard someone clear their throat.

"Yes, hi" was Sungjin's immediate reaction, and Jaehyung smiled at him, but his attention was solely focused on Brian.

"S-Sorry," Brian says,

"Uh, my name is Brian.. I'm not the 'Younghyun' you're looking for..."

Jae's eyebrows furrow apologetically as he says,

"Oh my God, sorry, sorry. That must've been extremely awkward then, sorry." with a cute laugh at the end as he scratches the back of his neck.

Brian takes a further look at the author, and has to hold in the laughter once he realizes he's wearing a normal all white hoodie, but with pyjama pants, with a cute dinosaur pattern. 

He gives Sungjin a look that says

Are you sure this guy is a world renown author? 

"Then," Jae says and Brian returns his gaze to him,

"I'll just take an iced Americano," he orders and Brian tells him the total.

Jae pays with cash, and puts the quite large amount of change he receives in the tip jar. Brian looks at the time, and decides it's relatively late,

"Avoiding some sleep?" Brian decides to make some small talk, trying to get over the awkward misunderstanding beforehand. as Sungjin works on Jaehyung's drink.

"I'm having an insane writer's block," Jae explains,

"But, I personally write better later at night, so I refuse to sleep." he says with a laugh, and Brian finds himself smiling. 

"One iced Americano" Sungjin says cheerfully as he places the drink on the counter,

"Thanks," Jae replies just as excitedly, and takes the drink

"Sorry about that, Brian.. Just thought you were someone I knew." 

"Don't worry 'bout it. Sorry if my face got your hopes up" he replies with a laugh,

"Yeah, it's weird. Your voices are similar too... Well, thanks for the drink!" Jae says,

"I hope you find 'Younghyun'," Brian says and he almost doesn't hear Jae say,

"Yeah, me too.." as a sad smile makes its way on his handsome face.

Jae leaves, giving a little wave and smile to the girl still reading at her table. 

Brian and Sungjin watch the tall author leave, his dinosaur pyjamas shuffling out the door. 

Silence took over the duo as they just stared at the door which Jaehyung just exited. 

"What are the odds..." Sungjin breaks it and Brian looks at him,

"What do you mean?"

"The day his interview is airing, and I joke around about you knowing him, he comes to our cafe."

Brian's quiet as he thinks for a bit.

"I kind of wanna meet the guy with the same face as me." 

"God, two of those ugly things?" Sungjin jokes around, and Brian hits him with the towel he was cleaning the counters with.

The two decide to just brush it off as coincidence and continue to just do their jobs. 

They work till closing, which is not that much longer after that little interaction with Jaehyung. Jae and Brian lock up the cafe, exchange some goodbye's and part ways.

It's a chilly, spring night, but Brian decides it's nice enough to walk. He starts to walk, but he stops when he hears a,

"Babe!" 

He looks out in to the distance to see his girlfriend waiting for him, the streetlight illuminating her simple beauty. She's dressed comfortably, wearing some sweatpants and Brian's hoodie which almost went past her knees. 

"Min-ah!" Brian calls out, and the moonlight catches his radiant smile. He jogs to her and envelops her in a warm hug,

"It's late, what're you doing out here by yourself?" he says as he takes her hand in his,

"Your hands are cold too.. How long were you waiting?" 

"Not long," Minri says as she smiles at her boyfriend.

"Don't wait out here by yourself, come in the cafe next time." Brian says,

"No~ I don't want to interrupt whatever 'bro' conversations you and Sungjin have in there," she says as they continue walking. 

It's comfortable silence, and they're walking, their hands intertwined and Minri's head resting on Brian's shoulder.

"Babe," he says after a while,

"Hmm?" she hums in response

"Have you heard of the author Park Jaehyung?" he asks, and he doesn't mean to sound so cautious. 

"Yes!" she replies in an instant, and Brian's kind of shocked at how excited she is,

"Oh my God, his books are my favourite." she comments.

"Do you happen to have any of his books?" Brian asks,

"I have most of them. Why? Wanna read one?" Minri asks,

"Just wondering.. and maybe." 

"I'll give my favourite one to you when we get home."

"I didn't say I wanted to read one~" Brian whines and says,

"And stop fangirling over him, I'm your boyfriend, not him."

"Aw c'mon, a girl can't appreciate a tall, handsome man who's amazing with words?"

"I'm tall!" Brian argues,

"Not as tall as him," she says back and laughs,

"Whatever." the latter pouts but smiles because his girlfriend's cute laugh is contagious.

The rest of the walk is filled with light conversation, and quiet moments where they just enjoy the weather and each other's company.

When the couple gets home, they share a late dinner which Brian's scolds Minri for waiting for him. They're both washed up, and Brian's laying in their bed when Minri walks in and throws a book, and it lands beside him.

"Dang, just missed" Minri jokes around, and Brian laughs as he picks it up

"It's a heavy book, it would've hurt." he comments before looking at the book.

It was a hardcover, and the entire thing, for the most part, was a matte black. No extravagant designs, or dramatic pictures, but written in white, in a nice cursive font read

'Float On,,,'

"This is your favourite book?" he asks as Minri comes to lay down beside him,

"Mhm. It's funny though," she says before continuing,

"Your tattoo says this exact same thing as the title, above the dandelion, right?" 

Brian stares at the book for a while, thinking again.

"Yeah... it does." he says, and it almost sounds unsure, but at the same time, as if he's trying to convince himself of something.

"You should it read it, I really enjoyed the story" Minri advises as Brian places the book on their nightstand.

"You know, there's a rumour that Jaehyung actually lives around here, but I doubt it's true. There's no way a professional author like him would live in a little town like this, right?" 

Brian's mind flashes him a picture of Jaehyung in an oversized hoodie and dinosaur pyjamas, and he laughs a bit

Professional, huh?

"Who knows, maybe he does" is all he says, and he personally doesn't know why he doesn't tell Minri that Jaehyung had visited their cafe today.

The couple shares a 'good night' and Brian wraps his arm around Minri as she uses his chest as a pillow.

Brian doesn't know how long it's been, or what time it is but he can't sleep. 

It's the thoughts of wondering just who 'Younghyun' is, it's him trying to convince himself that his tattoo and the title of Jaehyung's book have no relation. 

But when you're someone like Brian, it's hard to know things for sure.

The boy finally goes to sleep, thinking about the dandelion that marked his back, Jaehyung's interview, and Jaehyung's best seller. 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

hi guys, it's zen. so this is the first chapter! i've pretty much planned what i'm going to do with this story, but that may change as i continue to write. i hope you guys didn't hate the first chapter too much LOL xD I hope you'll subscribe to keep updated, and comment any of your thoughts on the story, maybe some suggestions ! ^_^ that's all from me for now, i'll try to update soon; but until then, peace! - Zen