Nuclear

Dope College Life

The hall, full of students wearing baby blue and dark blue uniform, sitting on the chair as they wait for the teacher to get on the stage in announce the result of the election. Though they already know who’s getting the honour of being the Council Body, it excited them.

With Yoongi, Jihoon and Mingyu’s name got crossed from participating as the candidate in the election, Alan might get the Head Boy place, with Chaerin as the Head Girl since that blonde been buying the vote by personally give presents to the students, and also paying for the student’s lunch for a week straight.

Mrs. Mina, acting as the replacement for the principal, since Mrs. Eunji and Sir Leeteuk currently out of town, having some business with the education board, went up on podium.

“Students of Diamond Music college, first of all, I would like to expressed my regret over the incident that occurred recently.”
Whispers filled the hall from every direction. Yoongi and Jihoon’s face heated up. On the male side, Mingyu and Yoongi were in a discussion. Jihoon’s face stay expressionless, stoic and blank. Seungkwan squeeze her hands, trying to give some comfort. Even if the smaller girl never said a thing about it at dorm, she believe that Jihoon has her own reason.
“A female students, meet a male students outside the class in the night, is unacceptable.”
In the front row, Chaerin smirk in Victory. How dare you pick on me. Serve you right!
“I hope that no such things like this will occurred again.”
The door to the hall suddenly opened, revealing the principal along with Sir Leeteuk. Most students craned their neck, curious on who would interrupt their morning assembly.
Mrs. Eunji flashed a smile to Mrs. Mina, urging her to continue.
“I would like to announce the result from the election. Alan Shirahama is the Head Boy.”
The students claps.
“He’ll be appointed by Yoo Jonghyun and Zhou Chaerin.”
After Mrs. Mina finished her long  speech, Mrs. Eunji took her spot on the podium to convey some important news. As she reach the podium, her eyes as though looking for someone among all the students.
“Good morning, my dear students.”
The whole hall went quiet again. What’s so important?
“I just came back, along with Sir Leeteuk and we received such a shocking news from Mrs. Mina.”
Chaerin smirk. After this, you wouldn’t dare to raised you head ever again, Lee Jihoon!
“May the students involved please come here?”
The whole row at the back, both male and female gasped.
Seungkwan widened her eyes at Mrs.Eunji. What the hell are talking about, principal?! This is suicide!
Jihoon and Yoongi stand up at the same time, standing beside each other as the only thing separating them is the lane between the male and female students. Yoongi inches himself, and closed the distance between him and Jihoon. What he did next, startled almost everyone, well literally everyone except Mingyu and the still calmly smiling principal.
Yoongi grab Jihoon’s hands, intertwined it with his own.
Whispers could be heard among the students.
“Wow… they hold hands…”
“I never thought that it’s true…”
“They are couple…”
Their friends at the back row have gone restless. And the uneasiness risen when the saw the bold action of Yoongi, gripping Jihoon’s hand as if they’re trying to challenge the college’s rule.
Jihoon and Yoongi walks confidently to the podium, face a cold as ice.
They talk briefly with the principal, before went to the podium, Mrs.Eunji took her place on one of the chair for the teachers.
Yoongi place his hands on the mic, and turn his head to face Jihoon. “Formal?”
“We’re only rude to people who are rude to us.” She replied, flat without tone, face still emotionless.
Even if she didn’t speak through the microphone, the echo of her voice could still be heard. It startled everyone, again. This is not the Jihoon they knew!
Yoongi bring the mic closer to his lips. “Good morning.”
The hall is still quiet, only a few answer his greetings.
He gritted his teeth. “We have an explanation to make. Please open your eyes and plug your ears.” He speaks politely, but it felt full of sarcasm.
He passed the mic to Jihoon, which the latter gladly accept. 
She didn’t speak immediately, but choose to glance at the students for a bit. “My name is Lee Jihoon. My father is Lee Taekwoon.” She stops for a moment. “As all of you have known, the one standing beside me is Min Yoongi, as he has stated. However, in his ID card, it clearly wrote Lee Yoongi. Min is my mother’s family name.”

She smirk. “We’re labelled as a couple, and as a students who did a wrong thing by abusing the school rules of no skinship interaction between male and female students.” Jihoon took a brief look at Mrs.Mina’s face. “Without having any opportunity to explain.”

“It’s unfortunate that we meet outside at night…” Yoongi glance at the red faced discipline teacher. “…but I don’t think that it was wrong to do that. After all, we’re twins.”

Shocked.

That is the only fellings that fills the students thought, along with the teachers. The back row gasped. Yoongi..and Jihoon… are twins?! No way!

Soonyoung shakes his head in disbelief. Mingyu heaved a sigh of  relief. Finally…

“We have our own reason to live on our own way at this college. I still think that it was not wrong for siblings to celebrate their birthday toegether. I sincerely apologize, since I know that it was wrong to meet outside the classroom without any reason.” He stick with his polite way of talking, polite but sting. “I hope no one will question about our position in this college. Maybe all of you underestimate us, the average kid.” He stop, breath in. “But if you would like to befriend the son and daughter of a lord, we don’t have any problem.”

It feels like they were slapped so hard in the face, including the teachers.

In an elite college which usually attended by rich students, there are a bit discrimination upon average class students. They all knows. Jihoon told that she lives with her grandparents while Yoongi tells that his parent is just a simple businessman. It was actually an act, an act to see if a person has a good heart or not.

“That is all for our explanation.” His tone stay the way it is. “Another thing, Kim Mingyu has nothing to do with this. You don’t have any right to do any self assessment.”

“Thank you to Mrs.Eunji who gave us such opportunity…” the discipline teacher blush in embarrassment. “…An opportunity that we will never get if she didn’t come back.”

Jihoon and Yoongi bow a bit towards the teachers and the students before they left the podium.

Automatically, the back row stands up, giving an applause, followed by the other students on the front rows.

The teacher stood too, only because their principle, Mrs.Eunji stands up with a smile on her face.

Chaerin’s face is indescribable. Fear, angry, embarrass?

Jihoon gut crushed by hugs form her friends. Yoongi and Mingyu high fived at the back. Despite all the commotion, Jihoon could still catch a glimpse of Soonyoung solemn face. Jihoon flashed a smile.

She knows that face. An apologetic face…

“And so, we’ll redo the election in another two days.”

 

---

“Next year I need to be a nerd kid.” Sigh. “It’s boring.”

“Who told you to do so many crimes?” Yoongi crack open the strawberry milk, pouring it in the glass. “At least I stay low most of the time.” He sip the milk.

“Yeah right. Low.” Pout. “I’m sure most of the time you just sleep anyway. Sloth.”

“That is my stay low style. Unlike you, running around looking for trouble with Chaerin.”

“It’s payback!”

“You could have just ignored her. Two wrong does not make a right.” Yoongi speak sternly. He clearly are not pleased with the way her twin sister is acting. He’s even extremely does not like the way his friends are giving his sister a hand in crime. If only he didn’t promise Jihoon he would stay put with whatever thing that happened, Hoseok would die right now for helping her sister took a revenge on Chaerin.

Yoongi sigh again. “Next year, don’t do things like that anymore. Just retire.”

Jihoon huffed. “I’ll do that, if there’s nobody looking for trouble.” She stick her tongue out, before running away from her brother, leaving him agape at the kitchen.

The older rubbed his temple. What am I gonna do with this girl?

---

“Seen anybody else that needs some bleaching?”

Jihoon flinched. She turned her head around. “Seungkwan! Don’t do that!”

Grin. “Sorry. You seems so busy. What’s happening?” She put down her bag on the chair before squishing her on it. “Hansol seems like he’s gonna burst any second.”

Jihoon let out a heavy and long sigh.

Seungkwan blink. “Is it that harsh?” she took out her notebook, that is full of doodling and not notes.

“You could say that. Yoongi oppa almost faint at yesterday’s meeting.” She blurt out.

“Huhh?! Why?”

“He didn’t get much sleep with all the works that keep on piling. Every little things, they rely on him. They even ask him things that should have been asked to the teacher.” Jihoon take off her glasses that she start to wore recently. She’s been doing works and her music at night. “I’m glad that today’s meeting got cancelled.”

“Yeah. That’s good for the council.” Seungkwan took out a brown coloured magic pen, and scribble something on the opened notebook.

“Kwan ah…” Jihoon called, her voice low.

“Hmm?”

“Wake me up if the teacher’s here.”

“Okay.”

Jihoon put her head on top of her hands. Her now brown coloured hair fell softly on each side of her face. Not even five minutes past, and the girl from Jeju Island can tell that her friend is already asleep.

She chuckled. Letting go of the pen, she pat Jihoon’s head for a bit. “You’ve done great job, Lee Jihoon.”

Seungkwan take hold of the pen again, sliding it across the page slightly, making a new doodle with the now sleeping girl as the model. She adds a few on her hair, erasing something before re-draw it again. She put the cap back on the pen, taking out her rainbow coloured magic pen instead. She took a soft brown coloured magic ink, sliding it gracefully on the hair of the doodle. Using a darker coloured brown, she did the edge of Jihoon’s hair.

Feeling satisfied with the doodle, she wrote a simple message on the corner of the notebook. As she finished her last letter, Yoongi walks pass the front door, and walked straight to where she and Jihoon sat.

The pale guy flashed a thin smile, which Seungkwan nod in acknowledgement.

He shakes Jihoon’s hand. “Hoonie, wake up.”

The younger grumbled and inaudible words, head still down on the table.

“Jihoon, wake up. Mrs. Eunji called us.”

“I’m sleepy…” the girl said, shifting her head, tilting it to the side. Her eyes opened for a second before she closed it again.

Seungkwan chuckled. “Head Girl, do your job properly.” She spat out, now drawing on a new page.

Jihoon grumbled. Slowly, she raised her head. “Oppa, I just sleep you know.”

“And I don’t sleep at all. Hurry up.” Yoongi walks to the door, waiting for her sleepy sister.

She stretched for a bit, trying to shake of the drowsiness in her eyes. She slip on her glasses, dusting her skirt a bit before approaching her brother that leans on the door, eyes reading some document in his hand.

They walk side by side to the administration office. “Why are going there again?” Jihoon asked, feeling irritated that her nap time got disturbed.

“New student. Male.”

Her eyebrows furrowed at that. “Is he some kind of royalty or what?”

Yoongi shrug. “I don’t know.” He replied, still reading something.

“Urgghh, I want to sleep.”

“Stop whining, young lady. And please smile, your sour face is ugly.” He the paper and slip it into his blazer. Yoongi rub the bridge of his nose lightly.

Jihoon tilted her head, face masked with worry. “Oppa, are you okay? I can go alone if you’re tired.”

Shakes head. “No, it’s okay. Besides, it’s a male student. I can’t leave my sister just like that. And it’s my responsibility.”

She bit the inside of her cheek, not knowing how to respond when Yoongi’s serious aura came out. They stay silence all the way to the office.

 

Yoongi knock the oak door, and he opened it after hearing an ‘come in’ from inside. He bow out of respect. “Did you call for us, principal?”

Mrs. Eunji clasped her hand. “Yes I did. Mr. Choi, this is our Head Boy and Head Girl.” She introduced both of them to a middle aged man sitting on the sofa, with a teenage male, which Jihoon assumed as the new student, sitting beside him.

The siblings smiled politely, nodding their head.

Mr. Choi and his son stands up, facing the student council. “Well, I guess I can really leave my son in your hands, Eunji. He’s a bit stubborn, but he’s a good kid. I can assure that.”

Jihoon stay still, but her mind is working so hard, almost like running. She eyed the new student up and down. One word come to her mind.

Problematic.

His hair is goddamn long, with a midnight blue highlight at the edge. He wore a very thick eyeliner, looking almost like a punk, or gangster. On his left ears is a skull earing, and on his right is a cross?

Metal chain on his neck, looking like a soldier. On both his hands, Jihoon lost count of how many metal bracelet it is, and a skull head ring on his fingers.

No need to mention about his choice of attire. He legit looked like a gangster, with a ripped jeans and all.

Why the hell did Mrs. Eunji accept this kind of students into this college?

“… Seungcheol will be in the same class as both of you. Jihoon, please tell your homeroom teacher about this.”

The said girl lift her head from scanning the new student, facing the principal. “Yes, Mrs. Eunji.”

She turned her head back, and her eyes meet with the piercing and killing nuclear gaze of the new student.

---

 

Sorry for the late update.... I've been busy with college, new students week and all that.

happy reading!

Thank you!