Bouquet

Dope College Life

TIRED. The only word that could describe how she’s feeling right now. Jihoon heaved a heavy breath, letting her arms falls lifelessly on her side. She slumped on one of the many gazebo in the college, taking a short break.

Peoples been going in and out, slowly filling the festival site.

Students.

Family.

Business people.

There are many kind of people. Can’t be helped, their college is one of the best college there.

Jihoon flipped her planner, ticking on the little boxes for every check up that she did. The student council decided that it will be easier to split the work, and so Jihoon got stuck with the stalls opened by the students.

Yoongi already had his lazy self standing at the hall, supervising on the exhibition which are handled by the students from clubs, and also the teachers. So far, he didn’t feel the need to throw his own planner on Namjoon and Jisoo, the English Club representative even when the things that they did is singing some English song randomly, or hitting on girls using English words, or maybe the 2Ming, Ming Ming and Minghao, the representative for Martial Arts Club after they managed to drop kick a board that was supposed to be displayed.

Hansol and Seungkwan managed to secure a good role, magnificent even. They need to watch over how the performance run. Smoothly or not, or if there’s something wrong with the equipment and all that. Everything needs to be perfect for the night. Sitting in an air conditioned room, or hall, might be the best role ever.

She pulled herself to her feet again, dust her uniform a little before finally make her way to the second site for the stalls.

 

It’s the same as the first one, only that most stalls on the second site, handled by students, only some are outside vendors. Around two or three from the twenty vendors.

Jihoon hang her head low, flipping the pages on the planner.

 

He wiped the sweat on his forehead using the back of his hand. N’s floristry fills most of the space in the hall. Who knows that the guy had a talent like that. When asked, he just casually said that his mother held a floristry class every month, and he just happened to always help her. Chan’s currently alone at the stall. Leo, Ken and Hyuk was assigned to deliver all the flowers, the orders already piled up a week before. N and Ravi, along with Hongbin roam at the main attraction, the exhibition at the hall, selling flowers and chocolates on the spot.

Soonyoung went to look for the list of order that he misplaced somewhere in the dorm, and Seungcheol went to deal with the supplier.

Chan walked to the front of the stall, feeling suffocated inside with all the scent of roses and daises mixed together. The stall opposite sells baked chicken, and they sometimes gave some to him, as a service or something. His eyes mindlessly glance around. Chan snickered. His gaze fell on the figure walking with head so low, almost looks like she’s trying to merge with the planner in hands.

As the girl passing in front of his stall, he cleared his throat. “Yo lady, this is your story…” he tried to sound a bit like his sunbae, but failed miserably. But it catch Jihoon’s attention so he guess it’s fine.

Jihoon raised her head up. “Chan, what are you doing?”

“Noona, it’s Dino.” He pout. “I’m working, of course. What about you?”

She raised her planner. She glanced inside the stall. “Where’s the other guys?”

Chan shrugged. “Somewhere in this college. The orders coming are unbelieveable. And I’m already tired.” He complained.

Jihoon smiled. “You are working. Of course it’s tired.”

“Anyway. Noona, want some flowers? It’s on the house.”

She opened to replied, but a voice that she recognized by heart beat her to it.

“If you are going to give everything on the house, what will be left for us?” Seungcheol said casually, passing by the stiffen girl and put the pail full with fresh roses that he take from the supplier on the ground.

Jihoon rolled her eyes. She choose to ignored the guy. “Dino, it’s fine. And the flower that I want isn’t here.”

“Sorry, we surely didn’t sell any kind of dead flowers right here. Thank god the flower didn’t die from the visit of the antartic.” Seungcheol smirked.

“And I wonder how the hell the flower could survived, being handled by a nuclear destructor like you.” She retorted back.

Chan gulped. The air around has gotten so heavy. If this continue, the stall is going to be destroyed. “Hyung, just go to the back, please.” He pleaded. The older guy merely shrugs, and complied.

He turned back to the girl. “Noona, we don’t have tulips. But I can give you something else!” he beamed happily.

She smiled a bit. “Just do whatever you want. I’ll accept everything.”

“Okay!” he turned to face Seungcheol. “Hyung, one red rose, full bloom. With baby’s breath in a bouquet, please.” He stopped to think for a while. “Wrapped with white organza and pink ribbon.”

Seungcheol raised his eyebrow. “The ‘I-Love-You’ ensemble?”

The what?? “Dino!”

Chan’s jaw dropped. “Hyung, you knew the flower language?” he ignored how flustered Jihoon is.

“Maybe.” He picked a red rose, and started working on the flowers.

The younger turned back to Jihoon. “Noona, just wa-” he stopped mid sentence. “Yes! Come in!”

A new family came to the stall. “Noona, just wait for a while, okay.” He walked to the elder woman, looking at the many floristry displayed. “Welcome! May I know what you’re looking for?”

Jihoon shook her head. She turned a page on the planner, wrote something on the box for the Basketball club’s stall.

“Here.”

A bouquet almost hit her face.

 

“Uhh…” Ken halt, and blinks rapidly. Leo and Hyuk stared at him , eyebrow raised.

“It’s either today is so hot that I’m hallucinating, or it’s really happening.” He rub his eyes, shutting them and opened it again. “Did you see what I’m seeing?”

Two heads turned to where Ken is looking at.

“I did.” Came the reply.

“Seungcheol?”

“Jihoon Noona?”

“Single red rose?”

“Full bloom?”

“Ohh la laa…”

Soonyoung half jogged, his shirt already damp from the sweat, and the fact that he sweats easily did not help. A yellow paper, full of list orders that he found inside his pants that was buried deep under the pile of dirty clothes, his dirty clothes at his room in his right hand as he fasten his pace to the stall. Soonyoung stop walking when he saw three of his junior, standing like a flag pole in the middle of the road.

“What are you doing?”

Ken just merely raised a finger and pointed to their stall. “Hyung, did you see that?

Soonyoung raised his eyebrow as he follows the direction of the fingers, eyes stuck to the interaction between his two friends, which is quite rare. Not that they didn’t interact, only that this time, it involves a bouquet of flower rather than hateful remark like the usual.

He chuckled and walked to the stall. “Love is in the air, I see.” He smirk.

Seungcheol glare at the captain. “Wanna get a smack from the thorny roses?”

“Or maybe from my planner?” Jihoon raised her midnight blue planner.

The basketball captain raised both of his hand in the air. “Woah, seriously no! But action speaks louder than words!” he pointed to the bouquet in Jihoon’s grip. They got no chills, man. Definitely suit each other. Soonyoung thought.

“This is from Dino!”

As if on cue, the younger walked in, satistified since he managed to sell another floristry to a family that decided to buy the more expensive one. He picked a red roses from the pail.

He raised it up high in the air,  the  rose acted as a bow, and his right hand as the arrow. Chan raised his left leg a bit.

“I’m a cupid, I spread the love.”

 

---

“Noona.” Whines.

“Shuushh, cupid.”

“But noona…” he whines again.

“Seriously, Dino. Just shush for a while.”

“But noona, it’s choking me.” He plead, pouting as hard as he can.

“And that is exactly what I want to do to you this evening. Be glad I didn’t do it for real.” The scene at the stall is still fresh in her mind.

N snickered behind. “You guys remind me of Man in Black. You know, the movie with all the suits wearing people.”

Leo send a quick glare to the male. “And you remind me of those bad characters in historical drama. The one that die in the end.”

“That’s too much, don’t you think?”

Shrug. “Not as bad as the need to wear these choking tie and keeping a smile on for three damn hours. Bear with it.”

The latter huffed, crossing his arm on his chest and strotted away to his geomungo placed on the table.

“Just so you know, your hanbok make your shortness more obvious.” Leo added, a smirk on his face.

N rolled his eyes, and starts to practice for his performance.

The request from their noona is just a simple task but hard to fulfil, except N’s task since all he need to do is play the instrument for the opening and that’s it. The other six were appointed as the waiter to serve all the VIP that’ll come that evening. And thus the reason why N is the only one ended up wearing a simple blue coloured hanbok while Ken, Ravi, Hyuk, Hongbin, Leo and of course Chan ended wearing a full waiter attire- a black pants, a white long sleeved shirt and a grey vest. And not to forget the choking black tie.

Chan sigh. “Noona, I already said sorry. Noona-”

The girl raised her hand up, facing the palm to the whiny male. “Head Girl to the front door, over.” She speaks through the walkie talkie.

“This is front door. What is it?” Hoseok’s voice.

“How’s the preparation? Is it complete?”

Close to. Yoongi, what time will the VVIP arrived?”

“In ten minutes. Get ready.”

“Great. I’ll told the others to get in place. Out.” Before she managed to put the walkie talkie back in her gray jacket, Hoseok’s voice come again.

Jihoon, relax a bit. You sound stressed. We are not in war. Chill.”

“Yeah, you should relax! Even us with this chocking tie could still breaths just fine!” Ravi retorted at the back.

Jihoon chuckled. “I’m fine. Thanks, Hoseok.”

She turned around, eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

“Ken, if you tried too loose the tie once again, I’ll knot it till you can’t loose it anymore!”

 

---

 

The library is quiet. Just like always. Who would dare to make some noise when the head girl is present? And who would make a noise anyway. It’s a library, which means silent is a must. Jihoon sigh again. Her math homework long forgotten on the table. And her unfinished song remains on the screen of her white laptop. Her gaze fell on a long blue coloured book that she used as a reference for her math work. How the heck did he thought of solving it that way?

She shut her eyes for a second and heaved a long breath. Straightened her body, she turned the volume up, Take Me Now- FTISLAND blasting through her headphone. Gripping on the black pencil, she start working on her homework again.

 

“Ok, so who’ll be responsible for English?”

“Duhh, of course it’s Joshua and Hansol. Do you still need to ask?” Seungkwan put her hands on her hips.

Mingyu pout. “I was just asking. Physics?”

Jihoon raised her hand.

“Ok. Not that many took music composition but I’ll ask anyway. Who?”

“Yoongi.” Jimin pointed to the said male whom had his head on the table, sleeping. “Just put his name. You don’t need to ask.”

He grumbled. Head still on the table. “Damn you.”

“Oh you’re up. My bad.”

The taller male laugh nervously. “Ok, it’s Yoongi.” Tick. “What about math?”

Jeonghan raised her hand. “I can help with that. Junhui and Minghao is also good in math.”

“Can we get some help from outside?” Jihoon blurted out.

Eyebrow raised. “Outside? The college won’t allow it for sure.” Doyoon stop writing and turned to face the girl.

“No, not outside like outsiders. Just outside from our chained of friends.” She explained.

Seokmin nod her head, agreeing to the said girl’s suggestion. “Cool idea, but who?”

“Seungcheol?”

Seungkwan almost choke on her drink. “W-what?! Seungcheol?!”

Jihoon rolled her eyes. “Yeah. There aren’t anyone else with that name here.”

“But you and him….” Soonyoung didn’t finish his words. He just couldn’t find the right word.

“Hey, If it’s for study. I could compromise. I don’t want to fail any test.”

Slowly nodding his head, Mingyu wrote Seungheol’s name beside math. “Right…So, Bio?”

 

 

“Ughh.. this is too hard.” She grumbled, picked her book up and slip out of her seat. Seungkwan raised her head from her English books. “Where are you going?”

Jihoon raised her math workbook. “To the devil.”

“I could hear you, you know.”

“Whatever, Choi. Just teach me this.” She put the book on Seungcheol’s table and pulled a chair, sitting in front of the guy.

“That’s a new way of asking someone a favour. First, you need to…”

Wonwoo plopped herself on Jihoon’s chair. “Those guys are something, you know.”

Seungkwan raised her eyebrow. “What do you mean?” eyes didn’t left the pair of students sitting 3 tables away, Seungcheol explaining and Jihoon listening.

“Well, before they would always looking for a fight, either Seungcheol started or Jihoon. But now, they could study together peacefully.” She brushed her bang aside. “The worlds full of wonder, don’t you think?”

Her eyebrow creased even more. “Mingyu, what the hell did you gave to Wonwoo? She’s turning into a weirdo.”

The giant male make his way to them. “Did you call me, Seungkwan?”

“Wonwoo’s been talking about worlds and wonders and like that.” She scrunched her nose.

Mingyu gasps. Turning to face the other girl, he beamed a smile. “You already finished the book?! I just gave it to you yesterday!”

Flipping her hair behind, she snorted. “Of course. This is Jeon Wonwoo. The book is just like a simple snack for me.”

“I didn’t know you eat books. No wonder you ar-” the diva got cut off when Mingyu suddenly claps his hand, producing a loud sound that startled the sleeping Yoongi and earn a weird look from Jeonghan and Taehyung. The others gave a glance, except Jihoon and Seungcheol who’s still in the deep explaination about that one mere math question.

“That’s great! I have another book that I think you might like! Wait, I’ll bring it here.”

He rushed back to his place.

Wonwoo stands up. “I’ll just go there.” Then she leaves Seungkwan alone, gaping at the fact that they just ignore him.

“How dare they ignore the one and only Diva Boo?!”

 

 

“Where’s Jihoon?” Seokmin stepped out from shower, hand busy drying her hair with a small towel.

Jeonghan shrugs. “I don’t know. Library I guess.”

“Again?”

“Again.”

The bed dipped a bit when Seokmin sat. “With whom?”

“Seungkwan.”

“Seungcheol’s there too? Wait, I thought that Seungkwan didn’t like the library?”

Grin. “Make a guess.”

Seokmin stared at the ceiling for a while. “Hansol’s also there?”

“One point for Lee Seokmin!”

 

 

 

Seungcheol yawn. His hand shot up to rub his sleepy eyes.  Damn the aircond and the comfy chair.

“…as for this side, you need to look for its angle first, only then you can do the calculation.”

“Head girl.”

Jihoon shot her head up, eyebrow raised.

“Can I just pretend that I already know all of this, and sleep instead. It’s not I’m aiming to be an engineer or what.”

Jihoon rolled her eyes. “Very funny, Choi Seungcheol. Now zip your mouth and find the answer.” She pushed the workbook towards the male. Crossing her arms on her chest, she waited until the said male picked his pen up before she resumed her composition. Headphones on her head, as her fingers moved the cursor here and there.

Hansol sent a judging look to the chubby girl sitting in front of her. Her pen didn’t move even a bit for ten minutes and her essay is definitely not progressing. Her gaze still on her friend. Whom currently sitting with Hansol’s friend.

“Seungkwan, why am I here again?” he asked again for the fifth time, or maybe more.

“So that I don’t feel like a third wheel on their date.” She turned for a mere second and gave an annoyed look at Hansol. “Now just shut.”

Sigh. “But they’re not dating.”

“Yet. Just quiet down and focus on your lyrics, Vernon.”

He sigh again, pen twirling in his hand.

Just how can he focused when there’s a very attractive creature sitting in front of him, busy stalking her friends that she failed to noticed that he has been staring for quite some time now.

If only you know.

 

 

 

 

----

extremely sorry for the late update!

enjoy