Wrong move.

Dope College Life

“Where did you go?” he lift his head from his laptop, raising an eyebrow at Seungcheol.

Shrugs. “Somewhere." He plops on the bed. Seungcheol fished his phone from his pocket.

Yoongi turns his body, facing the boy. “Did you go to chase the mosquitoes?” chasing mosquitoes using smoke. That’s what he always said whenever Seungcheol’s gone from the room, busy doing his particular unhealthy activity.

He opted to stay quit, scrolling his social media’s news feed.

Yoongi sigh. “You know, Hoonie hates smokers.”

“Which Hoonie?”

“My sister.”

Seungcheol raised his eyebrow. “And you tell me because?”

“I know that you like her, Seungcheol. Songs, sketch. You can’t hide it from me.”

Seungcheol shut his eyes, taking a deep breath. His hands gripping his phone tightly. “Damn.”

The head boy raised both his hand in surrender position. “No offense, though. I swear it was a coincidence.”

The black haired boy opened his yes, leaving his phone on the bed before he sat on the bed. He shot a menacing glare. “So what? You’re being protective, huhh? Trying to shield you baby sister, from bad guy like me!?” he raised his voice.

“No, it’s not like that. Just listen first, okay?” Yoongi being careful with his words. A slight mistake could lead to a fight. “I just want you to know, that I love Jihoon so much. And if they ask me to choose someone for Jihoon, it’s you. I’m serious.” He took a breath. “Jihoon somehow changed, after she met you. And I can assure you it’s a good change. It’s just that, I was hoping that my brother in law is not a smoker, cause my sister despised smokers. I was helping you, okay.”

Seungcheol ruffled his hair, making it messier. “Black cups.” He blurted suddenly.

“When did you read her planner?” Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.

“She left it at the library.” Seungcheol shot a confused look. “When did you?”

Grin. “Home.”

“Sneaky.”

Yoongi flashed a thin smile. “For the first time in her life, she likes someone else other than her own family. And I’ve never seen her so happy like this. Especially during Shining Diamond. I hope you won’t hurt her.”

Smirk. “Protective aren’t you?”

“Hey, she’s my twin.” Chuckled. “But, if you do hurt her, consider your life a hell then.”

“Sister complex.”

“It’s called brother love.”

 

 

 

Jihoon tap the button on the calculator, but it looks like she’s punching the button. She grumbled. Using her pen, she crossed the mistakes on the paper, proceeding to write a new answer.

The sound of chair’s screeching caught her attention. She lifts her head up.

The black haired boy sits on the empty chair in front of her. “What are you doing? Maths?” he stretch his neck, catching a glimpse of what the head girl is doing.

Jihoon’s nose caught the scent that she despised from the boy. Her nose scrunched. “You smoke.”

“Anything you don’t understand?” he ignored her, hands grabbing her workbook.

“You smoke.” She repeat, voice a bit stiff. Jihoon’s nose is quite sensitive, she could still smell the unpleasant smell, even if the guy sprayed a bottle of perfume to cover it.

Seungcheol sigh. “That is not math, head girl.” He shoved the workbook back. “And you got two questions wrong.”

Jihoon glares at Seungcheol. “Wrong move, Choi Seungcheol. The deal is off.” She said coldly.

“Look here, head girl. My life has got nothing to do with you. Now it’s between Math or Physics. Choose.” He crossed his arms, waiting for the response from the head girl.

“I said, the deal is off.” She grabbed all her things harshly, shoving it inside her bag. She didn’t even glance at Seungcheol.

He scoffed. “Don’t be so childish, head girl. Okay, what if today it’s math, and we can start with physics tomorrow.”

“Say what you want, the deal between me and you is off.” And with a slam on the table, she stomps away from the library.

Seungcheol heaved a heavy breath. Tired. He closed his eyes, hiding his face in his palm.

 

 

 

Mingyu stood there, ears and face already red. Wonwoo still has her eyes stuck to her shoes.

“Umm…” He tried to clear the awkward air surrounding them. Biting his lips, he unconsciously grabs Soonyoung’s pinky.

Jungkook already burst out laughing. Seokjin sent a menacing glare to his direction, asking him to shut up.

“Okay.” Her voice sounds so soft. Slowly, she looks up. “But, you need to wait until I finish my studies,and you too.”

Mingyu beamed at her answer. “Are you serious!?” he grips the pinky tighter. Soonyoung hissed in pain, Seungkwan silently laugh at his pain.

He nods furiously. “Of course! I’ll make sure I have enough money before I proposed to you properly!” he blurted out, causing Wonwoo’s red face turned even redder, if that’s possible.

Mingyu fist punched the air, clearly satisfied with his crush’s answer.

Jihoon smiled at her friends, hands busy massaging Yoongi’ head. The male whined about his headache since yesterday.

Soonyoung yank his pinky away. “Now that Mingyu and Wonwoo is done, they will treat us today!” his suggestion make others hyper, as Mingyu just smiled, not caring about the fact that his dompet will be thin that day.

Doyoon high fived with Jun, and Soonyoung bump his together with Jisoo, doing their weird handshakes that only both of them knew. Namjoon, silently claps from his seat across them.

Seokjin and Jeonghan wiped their imaginary tears, Taehyung and Minghao started talking gibberish.

Still smiling, Jihoon glances around the classroom. Her eyes met with the cold stare from Seungcheol, and her smile faded away. She broke the eye contact and excused herself from her happy circle of friends. She didn’t want to disturb the happy vibe.

Jimin watch until she’s gone from sight before she approached Yoongi. Using the end of her pen, she poked the head boy’s shoulder. He groaned.

“Suga, what’s wrong with Jihoon? She seems gloomy lately.”

Yoongi rolled his head, so that he was facing the shorter girl. “Don’t know. She didn’t tell me anything. You know something?”

“If I know, I wouldn’t ask you, stupid.”

Roll eyes. “Whatever, shorty.”

Seungcheol sigh. He buried his face in his palm, groaning in frustration and successfully ignores the weird look that Hansol gave him. He slams his forehead on the table, deciding to take a nap.

 

 

A week away from the big test, they decided to go out for the last time before finally taking their time memorising all the formula and the facts needed to excel in the test. And Seungkwan thought that it would be nice for all four of them to eat outside.

“Seokmin, let’s go to the ladies.” Jeonghan tug the girl’s hand, already standing up.

Seokmin shoved a spoonful of soup into . Wiping the side of and stand too. She grab Jeonghan’s arm. “Let’s go.”

Jihoon waved, she has finished her meal earlier than the three. Sipping on her apple juice, she took out a novel from her sling bag.

Seungkwan suddenly stands up. “This is hella spicy! I need more water.” Her eyes got teary and she sniffles. Who told her to put two spoonful of gochujang in her noodle.

Jihoon pointed to her half full apple juice. “Just take mine.”

“No.” Seungkwan shook her head. “I’ll buy a new one. Maybe I need to buy another couple glass of drinks. I’ll be back!” she jogs to the counter, leaving Jihoon smiling at her act.

She flips the novel to the current page that she’s reading. Jihoon isn’t the type to read something mushy like romance novel or something. But, the novel that she got from Wonwoo catches her attention during the first reading. And Seungkwan kept on pestering her after that, insisting that she should ask Wonwoo or maybe Mingyu for the ending cause Seungkwan’s too damn lazy to read the whole novel. And Jihoon being Jihoon, flicked Seungkwan’s forehead and told her to start reading something since her literature is way out of the galaxy. Her frequent private extra class with Hansol didn’t really help, or maybe couldn’t keep up with her childish trick.

Her eyes moves from line to line, filling her girl side with emotions. Jihoon squealed slightly at the one of the cheesy pick up lines in the novel.

She was too engrossed in the reading that she failed to notice a group of boys around her age approached her.

“Hi, you’re alone?”

Jihoon, thinking it wasn’t for her, ignored it. She continued reading without a care.

“She ignored us!” laughter erupted at the table, and it sure got her attention.

Her eyes widened in surprise when she realised that there are a bunch of unknown guys sitting around her. Two of them taking Jeonghan’s and Seokmin’s place. One of them, which she guess might be the head, dared to sit on Seungkwan’s chair.

“I’m Lee Daehyun.” He holds his hand out.

She stays silent, hands not leaving the novel in her grip. Lee who? Lee Jaesuk? Lee Minho? Lee Seokmin? Lee Chan? Lee Jihoon? Eh, it’s my own name. Her forehead creased thinking about it.

The Lee guy took his hand back. Awkward. “Need some company?”

“No thanks. As you can see, all of these chairs are occupied.” She answered coldly, and continues to read the novel.

“Aish, don’t be like this.” The Lee guy grabs one of her hands.

Jihoon flinched, quickly yanked her hand away, shot up to her feet. “Stay away!” she threatened.

The boys, however, took it as a joke. They laugh loudly. “She’s angry! Hahahaha!!!”

Jihoon was this close to throw the novel on the guy’s face.

“Daehyun!”

The guy, which his name is Daehyun, craned his head. “Aye, S.Coups.”

“What are you doing here?” the new figure asked.

Jihoon didn’t need to turn to know who just came. She already recognised the voice by heart.

Daehyun snorted. “Shopping fresh meat.”

The guy came into Jihoon’s view, and the girl could only calm herself down.

Seungcheol’s uniform is gone, and he’s clad in a tight black shirt that hug his body perfectly, a ripped jeans and a cigarette in between his fingers. A lit cigarette.

Smirk. “You’re shopping fresh meat? Why did you catch some rotten meal instead?”

“Did you know her?”

He turned to face the boiling head girl. “Girls like her?” he brought the cigarette to his lips. Seungcheol huffed the smoke to Jihoon’s face. “I could find a ton by the street. Looking so pure and innocent, yet worse.” He blew again. “Am I right?” he smirked again.

Jihoon’s palm turns into a fist. If before she’s boiling with anger, now her feeling is mixed. Sad, angry, humiliated.

Seungcheol gave the head girl a last smirk before turning to Daehyun. “Let me show you some good place to shop for good meat. Just leave this girl alone. A big crocodile like you, she’s not worth it.”

Daehyun laugh. “This is why I like you, S.Coups. Bye little girl.” He waved, leaving Jihoon alone.

A tiny lonely tear make its way to her cheek. Before it falls to the ground, she wiped it away, her inside burning.

 

 

 

“Seungcheol!” he roared, chest heaving. His fumes could be seen from his eyes, even if he wears a spectacle. His phone crushed in his fist. “You promised that you wouldn’t hurt her!”

Seungcheol could just stare. He ran his eyes away, settling it on the wide green field instead. “Sorry I couldn’t kept the promise.” He mutters slowly.

Yoongi’s hand found its way to Seungcheol collar. He grabbed it harshly. “Before I started to beat you up, you have 5 minutes. Explain!” he demanded, the grip tightened.

Smirk. “Why won’t you beat me first, before demanding for an explanation? Surely I’ve hurt your twin sister’s feeling damn much.”

“It’s because I trust you! You must have a good reason to do that! You’re not that kind of guy! Just ing tells me the reason, Choi!” he shouted. Thank god they decided to meet at that time. There’s no one else beside them both.

The black haired guy let out a chuckle. “I just love her... I love her so much that I’m forced to do that.”

Yoongi exhaled. He let go of the collar. “Still, there should be other way.”

“No.” he stated firmly. “There’s no other way than that. I’ve known Daehyun for 2 years. And I know what he’s capable of. If I didn’t do that, who knows what’ll happen to Jihoon.”

Yoongi stays silent.

Seungcheol bit his lips. “I understand if you still want to beat me up. I do deserve it. I hurt her. I’ve hurt her so much.”

“I’ve never seen her, crying like that. It’s just… so heart breaking for me. She didn’t tell me exactly what you did.” Snorted. “I bet she didn’t even want me to know in the first place. She knows me well.”

Yoongi plops on the ground. “For the first time in my whole life, she cried so hard. She just keeps on crying, and I couldn’t do anything to help her. I’m glad that she has her friends with her.” He took the glasses away, putting it down beside his phone. “Jihoon never really shows emotion. She’s always, emotionless. When I was little, I didn’t even know if she’s happy or sad. Even if her toy got taken by other kids, she won’t cry. But, I can easily tell if she’s angry. She has this grumpy side on her. Boys are definitely not her forte.” He chuckled at the memory. “Yet, she keeps talking about you.”

“I bet it’s not something good, isn’t it?”

Nods. “Yep. She just keeps saying that she wants to kill you. How she wants to push you off a building, and how she would love to shred you to pieces and fed you to the sharks.”

Seungcheol grimaced at the idea. “That seems so… gore? Does she hates me that much?”

Yoongi shook his head. “It’s just her style. She’s an iron lady, remember? She hates sappy things. You’ll know that she care for someone if she talks about that someone so frequently.”

He smiled weakly. “I’m sure you would never hear about me again. She must have

really hates me now.” Seungcheol lift his head up, staring at the sky. It got darker. It’s going to rain.

 The head boy sighs again. “I don’t know about that. These days, I don’t understand her at all. She starts to show some kind of girly emotions, which is good. But I still can’t keep up with that. It’s weird. It’s all your fault, I guess.” Yoongi rose from the ground. He wears the glasses back. “You know, there’s only a week before exam. And after that, we might never meet again, at least until the third month next year. You think you can fix this problems before we went back home?”

“I’ll try.”

Yoongi nods. He pats on Seungcheol’s shoulder. “I wish you all the best. And I don’t mind if you’re the one for her, you know.” He grins, gave his shoulder a last squeeze before he walked back to his room.

Seungcheol smiled, staring at the latter’s back until he’s gone. He closed his eyes, feeling the evening breeze. Some droplets of rain fell on his face. Even the weather hates me. Can she really forgive me? Seungcheol sigh again for the who knows what time that day.

 

 

 

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. No turning back.”

“But you have exam. Why don’t just leave it to us?”

“No can do. I must do it. Just help me with the route and all.” She didn’t lift her head.

Leo scratched the back of his head. “But noona, it’s dangerous. I’m worried.”

Jihoon turn to face her junior, smiling. “Thanks, Taekwoon. But it’s fine. It’s not going to be long. I promise I won’t spend more than 10 minutes inside. Besides, I can’t risks you guys.” She closes the textbook. “Really. Not more than 10 minutes.” She repeated when they shot her a we-can’t-trust-you look.

Hyuk sigh. “Fine.” He took out a piece of paper from his school bag. “This is the route. We’ll start at 9.30 tonight. 10 minutes only.”

Nod. “Thank you. I owe you guys. Big.” She folded the paper and put it inside her jean’s pocket.

“Noona.” Chan called out. “Are you sure you can do it?” his face full of worries.

“Dino, I really can do it. Don’t worry. Thanks for the route.” She waved to the worried standing seven guys.

Once she’s out of sight, Ravi turned to face N who just kept quiet the whole time. “Is she going to be okay? The consequence going to be heavy if she’s caught.”

The oldest of them all sigh. “I don’t know what to do with her anymore. Let’ just pray that everything will be done smoothly tonight.” He stare at the previous spot that their senior occupied before, heads filled with worries and questions.

And it’s all about their one senior named Lee Jihoon.

 

 

 

 

“Don’t come, don’t get near.”

Seokjin raised her eyebrow. What kind of nonsense is he talking about? “What do you mean? I need to ask him something.”

Soonyoung sigh. “His mood is kinda off today. Just don’t disturb him.”

“Then do you think math could wait for that? I really need to ask him.” She showed the workbook. This guy, why did he choose to be so emo today of all day?

Mingyu showed his thumb to Namjoon. “Ask Namjoon. He must know it. For now, don’t disturb Seungcheol. He might snap at you.”

“Just what is wrong with him?” Wonwoo in, she’s studying history with Mingyu.

Doyoon crossed his arm on his chest. “Someone cut his guitar’s string last night. During the black out.”

“It broke?”

“Black out?” Taehyung asks, and she received a nod as the answer.

“Cut. Clearly someone came into his room and cut it. Guitar’s string is pretty hard to snap on it’s own.” Mingyu explained.

Wonwoo creased her eyebrow. “Who would do that?”

“Whoever it is, that person must have some grudge on him or just simply want to watch him suffer. It was his favourite too.” Doyoon sigh again. And I kinda have an idea who would do that.

“Weird.”

Soonyoung glance at the stressed guy. “Yup, weird indeed.”

 

 

 

“Do I really need to go?”

Hands on hips. “This girl! It’s the last time to see all our friends, yet you asks that question?” Seungkwan shook her head.

Scowl. “But, I just met them yesterday. So it’s fine if I didn’t go, right?”

“Jihoonie, just go. Else you’ll regret it. Who knows when we’ll see each other again after this. We’re far from each other. Especially Jisoo. That guy’s going back to LA.” Jenghan put her last dress in the bag, struggling to pull the zip. Too much clothes.

“That’s only for you.”

Eyes widened. “Jihoon!”

She pouted. “Geez, fine. I’ll go. But I’ll be late. I need to do something first.” She stands up, grabbing the black cap on her already cleared bed. She finished packing last night. Shoving her phone in her gray sweater’s pocket, she plugs in the headphone. She wears it over her cap, hair tied in a low ponytail. “See you later, I guess.” She smirks, giving her roommates one last playful grin before slipping out of the room.

Jihoon kicks the pebble away, eyes staring into the wide man made lake in front of her. The black and red headphones dangling on her neck, Borders-Amber blasting through.

With a huffed, she choose to sit on the ground, leg crossed. Jihoon closed her eyes, mesmerizing the lyrics. She felt a little tug on her heart, when Still I miss you by Infinite starts to play. It reminds her of that night. The night when she feels happy. That night when everything is fine between them. The song really does fits in her situation.

Where are you right now?

No bickering.

No sarcastic remarks.

No screaming, for Jihoon that is.

Her chest felt tight. She bring her knee closer to her chest, hiding her face in between.

“You know, if it’s hurt you that much, you don’t need to go. I’ll told them you’re not feeling fine.”

She sniffles. “It’s fine. I just need a moment.” She managed to blurt between sniffles and sobs.

Yoongi sigh. He took the empty spot beside Jihoon. The male pulled his sister close to him, embracing her. “You did it. Good job.” He rub Jihoon’s back, kissing her cap and continued to her back.

“What did I do, oppa? You’re not making any sense.” She grumbled, trying to wipe the tears away.

Yoongi shrugs. “I don’t know. I just feel like saying it.”

She punch his chest lightly. “Just go die, oppa.”

He faked a pained expression. “I’ll do that later. But first, let’s calm you down.”

“But I’m calm!”

Scoffed. “Says the one with red eyes and snots going down my shirt.”

Jihoon pushed her brother in annoyance. “Jerk.” Using the end of her sweater, she wipes the tears away.

Yoongi make a disgusted face. “Ewww… you wipe your snots using the sweater. And that’s my sweater.” He shook his head. “Rest in peace, my dear sweater.”

Jihoon rolled her eyes. Her sniffles stops already. She fished her phone out, using the front camera as the mirror, she admits that she looks a bit not good.

Red puffy eyes,and more obvious red nose. She sigh, pushing herself up. Jihoon dusted her pants. “Oppa, you go first. I’m going the restroom.” She tooks several steps when Yoongi called for her. Turning around, Jihoon raised her eyebrows.

“Don’t come if it’ll make you feel bad.”

Nod.

“Bye snotty girl!”

Which Jihoon replied with a fist.

 

 

Turning on the tap water, she splashed the cold water to her face. Her cap beside the sink. Jihoon looks at her reflection in the mirror. Her red eyes is gone, so are her red nose. But her eyes still looks puffy. Nothing can be done, she thought.

She turns the tap off, pulling the hair band, letting her long hair loose. Jihoon ran her fingers through her hair, putting the cap back on. Looking at her reflection one last time, she walked out from the restroom.

The hallway is silent. And it finally struck that today is the last day for them. Jihoon smiled, remembering all the memory she had make here.

Turning to the corner that she already memorised by heart, two figure, hands on hips waiting for her at the door step.

“You’re late!” Namjoon and Jun said in unison.

Jihoon could only grin, sending an apologetic smile to her friends. She’ll miss this for sure.

 

 

---

 

Just one more!!