Royal couple

Dope College Life

Awkward. With a meter distance, and the eerily silence night, not to mention that there was no moon or stars or whatever it is painting the night sky. Completely dark, and bare. They walked in a complete mute situation, just the sound of the footsteps being the only sound exist around them, and of course, the crickets.

Jihoon steal a glance at the guy walking beside her, with hands casually inside his pocket. She has to admit, Seungcheol really have the look. Quite attractive to be honest, when he was presentable like this, and not the usually black shirt and ripped jeans. He always wore his uniform lazily, with the tie not properly on his collar, and his shirt is never tucked in, so it was nice seeing him wearing a white suit like this. And he the top two button, making him looks more attractive.

Averting her gaze, Jihoon couldn’t help but smile thinly. Seungcheol really is attractive.

“Head girl, why are you smiling? That was scary.” He broke the silence, turning his head to look at his partner.

Jihoon dropped her smile, clicking her tongue at the smirking guy. Such a spoil! “It’s none of your business.” She spat, crossing her arms on chest.

Scoffed. “Well, it is my problem if you smile after you look at me. Why? Am I that hard to resist?” a smug grin appeared on his handsome face.

Jihoon could feel that her cheeks heated up at that remark. “Wh-who said that I was looking at you!? Don’t be so full of yourself!” she stutters. Damn my mouth. Thumping her heels on the ground, her pace quickened. She could hear Seungcheol’s laughter. And she easily passed as a tomato, face so red.

“Head girl, why did you leave your attractive partner behind? Someone might snatch me.” He laughs again, amused. Teasing Jihoon is a must for him.

Jihoon stay silent, afraid that she might stutters again if she speaks.

When she arrived at the closed front door of the banquet hall, she halt, waiting for the smirking Seungcheol to arrive. He easily towered over her since Jihoon is a bit small. Jihoon gulps again. She could smell the scent of cologne that Seungcheol wore that night, and seeing him this close is a bit problem to her. For some reason, she couldn’t avert her gaze, eyes sticking on Seungcheol’s figure. And even when the guy stare back, she didn’t break the eye contact.

“You know, head girl. As much as I love to let you stare at me the whole night, I would love more if we could just get inside. They already start.”

Snapping out of her trance, Jihoon quickly looked away, blushing like mad. “I know that.” She turned around, her back facing Seungcheol. Using both her hands, Jihoon cups her face, mentally scolding herself. Wake up, Lee Jihoon! It’s just a night!!

Waiting for around three minutes for her real face colour to appear, Jihoon turned back, facing Seungcheol.

The black haired raised his eyebrow. “Any idea on how we’re going to enter? It’ll be awkward you know.” Seungcheol ruffled his hair, oblivious to the fact that it makes Jihoon’s heart beat faster.

Heart, please cooperate! She prayed silently. “Just like how a sheriff enter a casino.”

 

 

Seungkwan clasp her hands tight under the table, gasping at how cold her hands feel, yet she was sweating every 5 seconds. The hall itself has more than 4 air conditioner that surely can froze the whole place, but here, Seungkwan feels hot, occasionally glancing at Hansol when the guy turned around to chat with Mingyu at the next table. The table is for four person, but since  Jihoon hasn’t arrived yet, it leaves her with Hansol alone. Well not alone since there other guys, but still it’s considered alone cause they ARE alone, at the TABLE.

If it was the usual Hansol, maybe she wouldn’t act like this. But since it’s the weird but handsome Hansol, it affects her so so so so so much. And the fact that the Di Caprio look alike wore a black suit with white shirts didn’t help a bit. He looks so, ethereal that Seungkwan started to doubt herself. I mean, is he really my partner?? The derpy Hansol?? The dorkiest prefect president I’ve ever met???? I just can’t believe in myself anymore. Jihoon, come faster!!

And the door, the front door burst opened just as soon as she finished praying.

Yoongi almost spat his drink out, straight to Chaerin’s face. Almost.

There, walking inside the banquet hall like they own it, Jihoon and Seungcheol. Jihoon with her unfazed expression and Seungcheol with his lazy stoic looks. They really do suit each other.

Just as fast as they come in, Jihoon quickly slip into her seat beside Seungkwan. Seungcheol and Hansol high fived before the guy actually took his place.

The Jeju girl cling herself to Jihoon. “I’m glad you’re here!” she grabs Jihoon’s warm hands, holding it.

“Wow, why the heck is your hand so cold, Seungkwan? It’s not that cold in here!” Jihoon’s eyes widened. Damn, her hand is really cold. Did she just stuck her own hand in the ice or something?

She shook her head. “I don’t know. It was hot for me, I kept on sweating! But my hands just feel so cold! I’m really glad that you are here!” she whisper shout, eyes almost wet.

Jihoon rub her thumb around Seungkwan’s palm. Calming her down.

Chan cleared his throat, catching every single soul’s attention. Correcting his red tie a bit, the younger bow down. “Now that each our respected seniors are here, let’s officially starts the night! I’m big giant maknae, Dino, will be your MC for the night!” he starts with a big smile.

“And me,” another voice appeared just beside the front door. The lights suddenly shone, showing another girl clad in black suit with red shirt, a mic in her hand. “The beautiful nadeshiko, Shannon!” the girl walked to the stage. She stood beside Chan.

They look at each other, before spreading one arm out. “Welcome to the night of ‘SHINING DIAMONDS’!!!”

 

 

The night is lit. Literally.

All the juniors went all out for the night, each class’s representative performing something for their seniors.

Yuju and Umji perform a duet. Yuju high note is hella impressive. Donghae, he performs some kind of magic show. And he used Mrs. Mina as his subject. Only her purse though. He took out so many things from it, up from onion and potato, to some kind of socks, and lastly a never ending string of clothes. They had fun laughing.

Dino live up to his name, Michael Chanson. And he looks so serious performing it. Guess he really likes Michael Jackson. Jihoon and her friends gave him a standing ovation. It was seriously awesome since not that many people could put up with MJ dance’s style, and Jihoon could tell that Chan modified the dance here and there, making it his own.

Some students even perform a stunt show. It took them by surprise, and all the teacher sweat drops at the show. Who wouldn’t if the show itself contains some kind of dangerous act, but hey. It’s stunt. What do you expect?

Leo and Ravi did a duet, using Ravi’s own composition. That guy was really good! And six of them -excluding Chan since he’s the MC- sang and dance a bit.

When they ended the dance, Chan and Shannon reappeared on the stage. He flipped the cue card, bringing the mic closer to his lips.

Jihoon didn’t really hear what he’s telling but at the end of it, her ears caught the name.

“… Choi Seungcheol!”

A very loud claps and some ‘woahh’ here and there fills the hall, mostly come from his friends. Jihoon turned her head, frowning at the empty seat. Her gaze turned to the stage, where Seungcheol sat comfortably on a chair, a guitar on his lap. When did he??

“Test.” He cleared his throat. “So, they come to me one day, asking if I want to perform this night. So I prepared this simple song, I’m not that good in writing or composing anything, so I had some help from our head boy. Forgive me if it’s a bit lame.”

A loud ‘yes’ replied to him.

Seungchol nod a bit. “So I decided to play this song, dedicated to all my friends that has stay by my side. Thank you so much.” His hands already gripped on the guitar’s handle, ready to play.

“Oh, and I also want to dedicate this song to my partner for the night, our one and only, head girl.” He smirks at Jihoon’s direction.

The girl blushed, keeping her head down. Damn you, Choi Seungcheol. She gritted her teeth.

“Hlovate”

 

‘You wonder

Is it an angel or yet

Or maybe a sweet dream you can’t forget

So close yet so far-fetched

Causing you to float on the line

Between reality and fantasy’

Jihoon couldn’t tear her eyes away. She simply just stare at the figure singing on the stage, hands gracefully plucking the guitar, producing a gentle but sharp sound. It harmonizes with his hoarse voice.

 

‘Haunted the nightmares

Creates the ecstacy

Hlovate~oh poisonous honey

Love and hate

Driving me crazy

The poison ivy of Venus

Killing with venom so sweet

You’re losing your head

Don’t want it yet it keep haunting

Losing yourself in the suffocating mist’

Seungcheol knows that eye contact with audience is important, but he can’t help himself, as his gaze always end back at the same place over and over again. And the fact the Jihoon also stares at him encourages him more. Staring back to Jihoon, drowned in her gaze. Seungcheol closed his eyes.

‘The blind arrows of

Piercing cold ice and

Warm melting heart

Tearing me apart.’

Slowly opening his eyes back, the first thing that he notices is how Jihoon quickly averted her gaze, hands on her glass as she gulped down the water. Seungcheol chuckled. He shot up to his feet, giving a bow to the audience, gaining him a loud cheers and a loud applause. He walked down the stage, placing the guitar gently in the case, he left it at the table beside the stage, just before he took it out before. Seungcheol strode to his seat, smirking as he slips in.

Jihoon cursed herself mentally. Why the hell did I stare at him like that?! Just what are you thinking, Lee Jihoon???

“So.”

She flinched in her seat, Seungkwan snickered beside her. Jihoon managed to pinch the girl’s arm, shutting her up.

“How is it?”

Jihoon craned her neck, trying to look as unamused as she can. “Not bad, I guess. For some human destroyer like you.” She retort.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. “Stop lying, head girl. Just say that you love it.” He lazily sips some water, then plops his elbow on the table, his palm supporting his chin. He smirks.

Her eyes starts to waver. Jihoon cleared , bringing her gaze anywhere but Seungcheol’s eyes. It’s a trap. Really. “Hehh, I’m sure I can do better than you.”

“Whatever, head girl. All I know is that you like, love it.” He turned his face to the stage again, ignoring the fuming girl.

Jihoon silently thank god that the hall is dimly lit. And thanks to Seungkwan too, cause that Jeju girl been holding to her arms, or else, Seungcheol might left the hall with  bruised eyes.

 

 

--

“Ahh, I’m so full, Shannon-ah. What about you?” Chan rubs his belly, sending a playful smile to his partner.

Shannon nods her head. “Yup, me too. Wahh, the food is really nice. Very nice indeed. Taekwoon really knows his field well.” She flips the cue card again. “Dino, we’ve gobbled up all the food, we’ve watched all the performance, and the speech from the head boy has already passed by. Not to forget the wonderful reminder from Mrs.Eunji. The event has reached its end, isn’t it?”

“That’s true.” Chan stops suddenly, his face full of suspense. “BUT!” he urged the girl to come closer. Shannon leaned to the side a bit. “Have you heard, that we have the special segment?” he asks in whisper, though everyone could literally heard it because of the mic anyway. Talks about being dramatic.

Shannon gasps. “Omo, special event? What is it?” she asked, face b with excitement.

“We have, the King and Queen for the night!” Chan announced happily, clapping and smiling at the audience.

“So, why don’t we invite our Cha Haekyeon, the head or the organizer for this event, to announce the winner?” Shannon asked, in which Chan replied by nodding three times.

“1, 2, 3… Cha Haekyeon, come out!”

N, clad brown suit, compared to the red shirts that he wore to perform earlier, get on the stage with Momo and Jaehyun trailing behind, both holding the prize for the Queen and King respectively. He received the mic from Chan, as the MC pair get down.

The audience gave a wave of applause. The slightly tanned man bow. “Hello, and good evening to all of my most respectable teachers, my most beloved seniors and my helpful friends. Pretty sure, everyone already knows about this things, since it’s most likely the main event for the night. The judging was done, by our head of Stylist department, Mrs. Momo.” The woman stood a bit and bow politely, just like a Japanese do. “It was fair and square. I don’t intend to drag the event much, and so without further ado, I’ll announce our king and queen of the night!”

Jihoon watch how her junior do with much amusement. It amazed her how one of the most dorkiest junior he ever had- seven actually- could pull out things like this. Their MC skill. Their dancing skills, their singing skills and the way organize everything. It’s fascinating.

She didn’t pay much attention to whatever the hell that Hakyeon is talking about. So she lazily sips on her drink and took a glance across the hall.

“…Choi Seungcheol and Lee Jihoon!!!”

She snap her neck so fast that it might break. Looking at the grinning junior and her partner’s confused face constantly.

“We???” Seungcheol muttered, unbelievable.

“Seungcheol hyungg and Jihoon noona, please come to the stage.”

It’s us!

 

 

“This is daebak!! Head girl and the mafia, could make a great headline for tomorrow’s news!” Seungkwan laughed loudly, earning a bitter look from Chaerin and her minion. The girl was jealous. Jihoon her enemy won after all.

The event already ended, leaving only some group of students in the hall, chatting here and there. She could see Soonyoung and Mingyu hovering over the leftover snacks on the table, with Doyoon and Namjoon chanting something loudly beside the duo.

Jihoon rolled her eyes, hands holding the big flower bouquet that she received on stage. A simple nice tiara reside perfectly on top of her head. She turned around, facing 7 grinning juniors. “I do feel like killing each and one of you using this bouquet of mine.”

Ken gasps. “Noona! I spent three hours on that flower! How could you?!” he exclaimed, faking the sadness as he wiped the imaginary tears away.

He earns a smack on the head by the one and only, Leo.

Jihoon let out a light laugh. “I really can’t forget how Leo actually smiled on the stage. It seems so awkward.” She continued laughing.

“Anyway!” Chan clapped his hand excitedly, catching most people attention. He wriggles his eyebrow. “I did a good job in becoming the cupid, ain’t it?”

Jihoon eyes widened. Her face feels warm.

Seungkwan snorted loudly, before trotting away to where Hansol is.

“Hongbin hyung, go and snatch the king. We need to take a picture with the royal couple!” the guy make salute, muttering a small ‘aye aye captain’ and sprint to where Seungcheol is, chatting with Yoongi by the door.

“Channie, run?”

He smiled. “After the picture.”

 

 

 

“Seungcheol, I’m bored. Entertain me.” Yoongi rolled on the bed, whining every 5 minutes. Quite a rare sight. Not that rare for Seungcheol and his other roommate, Mingyu and Jun. The head boy did this whenever he’s bored.

The latter sigh, but still didn’t lift his head from the book. “Suga, do me a favor and go to sleep or anything. I thought that was your hobby.” So to find the momentum of the ball, I need to look for its, velocity? Or was it acceleration?

The head boy rolled his eyes. “I’m tired of sleeping. Yesterday I slept for a day, and you didn’t even wake me up! I was so hungry!” he exclaimed, tugging his hair in frustration.

Oh, it’s velocity. “I did, but you didn’t even budge at all. And you even swat my hand away as if I’m a fly.”

Yoongi stay silence for a moment, and Seungcheol couldn’t be more than happy with that.

Until the head boy decided to poke his arm.

“Seungcheol, don’t you have anything interesting? I’m seriously bored.”

Seungcheol slaps his forehead. I thought he’s asleep! “Just go and read my lyrics book. Go critique it or modify it. Do whatever you want.”

Yoongi smile brightly. “Yeayy!!!” he beamed, leaping to where Seungcheol stacked all his lyrics books. He flips the page open happily.

Sometimes Seungcheol wonder if the head boy is actually a five years old in a teenage body.

 

 

---

Sorry if the event description is kinda crappy, i dont know how to describe properly....

anyway, thanks for reading!! and subscribing!!!

Thank you so much!

do leave a comment!!