Payback

Dope College Life

Jihoon tug the hem of her skirt, feeling annoyed by how short the skirt actually is. Glancing around the room, she can see that Jeonghan is ready, and the long haired girl even helps Seungkwan who was struggling with her tie. The latter grumbled a few time before deciding to ask for Jeonghan’s help.

Seokmin was busy playing some games on her phone since all she need to do before going to class is wearing her shoes. She kept on rolling on her bed while waiting, and since the uniform is wrinkled free, she didn’t need to bother having wrecked her uniform by rolling around.

“Urgh…” after tugging for the fifth time, Jihoon decided that she’ll just wear some long pants underneath. She went to her closet before pulling a long tight jeans, slipping on the black jeans that fits perfectly on her legs, covering her white skin.

She made a mental note to buy a longer skirt, just like Jeonghan’s. The angel wore a longer skirt that ends just below her knee and it makes her looks like an innocent girl, or good girl. She’s grateful that their baby blue uniform is a long sleeved shirt, or else she might wore something long sleeved underneath.

After a simple breakfast- some melon bun and a glass of milk- they walked to the classroom.

Seungkwan poked her head into the classroom. It’s already full with baby blue and dark blue uniform students. The dark blue is for male. Her gaze fell on someone that stood out in the room.

Ack, Chaerin’s here. I sense some trouble. She glance at Jihoon. “How are we supposed to get inside?”

Jihoon raised her eyebrow twice. “The way sheriff get inside a casino.” Putting a straight face, she make her way inside, the latter beside her, Jeonghan and Seokmin trailing behind as they went for the vacant seat at the back.

 

“Chaerin, that girl is here. The MP3 girl.”

Hoseok ears perked when he heard some girls behind her row talks. MP3 girl? What’s that?

Jisoo raised his head from Hoseok's laptop, interested in whatever things the girls are talking about.

Chaerin snorted. “Hmmph, she looks just like a country girl. I don’t care. She’s not a match to me.”

Grinning, Hoseok turned his head around, eyes falling to two girls who looks different than the others.

One of them, a lavender coloured hair girl with a stoic face, worn the uniform almost perfectly except for the tie that hang loosely on her neck, and a clean face. No makeup at all. Maybe a bit face powder, but that’s all. No lip gloss, no mascara, no eyeliner and no contact lens. Neutral but pretty.

The other girl, with a chubby face, a perfect button up uniform, and a light makeup. And the girl sporting a wide smile as she talked with the girls in front of her, probably making friends.

He turned back when a knock was heard at the front door. Saying he was shocked was an understatement. He could hear Namjoon cursed while he himself cursed mentally.

Standing in front, a woman, which turns out to be a teacher, wearing a very colourful coloured dress. Not to mention the bright red colour on her lips.

“Good morning class.” She glance around. “My name is Ms. Raina, and I’ll be you homeroom teacher.” She wrote her name on the board. “Please introduce yourself, starting from my left.” She pointed  to a male student.

The said male stand up. “My name is Alan Shirahama.” He stops. What else?

“You hometown and your father’s profession”

Alan raised his eyebrow. What’s the relevance of dad’s profession and self introduction?

Jihoon sigh, she shakes her head. Seungkwan turned to Jihoon, one eyebrow raised.

 “People can be so vain sometimes.” Her eyes on Ms. Raina. “Do everyone right here only care for money?”

“Maybe because it’s a private college?” Seungkwan tap her pen on her opened notebook. Her eyes fell on that Alan boy who still in the middle of self intro.

“ I’m from Japan, but now I’m living in Daegu. And my father’s a doctor?” Alan sit down.

. “Just told them that your father is the nephew of Barack Obama.” She chuckled.

Plopping her chin on top of her hands that rest on the table, Jihoon tilt her head. “What about you?”

“Bill Gate’s brother in law sounds awesome.”

And

Male:

Jung Hoseok. Gwangju. Pilot.

Kim Namjoon. Seoul. Restaurant owner

Kwon Soonyoung. Namyangju. Dance Instructor.

Jang Doyoon. Busan. Captain.

Wen Junhui. Guandong, China. Businessman

Hong Jisoo. Los Angeles. Businesswoman

Kim Mingyu. Anyang. Engineer.

Chwe Hansol. New York. Architect.

Jeon Jungkook. Busan. Doctor.

Yao Ming Ming. Shanxi, China. Lecturer.

Min Yoongi. Busan. Small store owner.

Female:

Xu Minghao. Anshan, China. Contractor

Lee Soekmin. Gyeonggi. Designer.

Jeon Wonwoo. Changwon. Captain.

Yoon Jeonghan. Seoul. Cardiologist.

Park Jimin. Busan. Captain.

Kim Seokjin. Anyang. Patisserie.

Kim Taehyung. Daegu. Restaurant owner.

Zhou Chaerin. Seoul. Businessman

Shannon Tao. Seoul. Engineer.

Zang Yixhuan.Seoul.  Contractor.

Natalie Everdeen. America. Businessman.

 

Seungkwan stood. She managed to gain some attention since she’s one of the most appropriate girl in the class. “Boo Seungkwan. I’m from Jeju Island and my father is a Optometris.” And she sat down.

The lavender haired girl stands up, earning some whisper from the girls population.

“It’s that girl.”

“She’s the one at dinner before, right?”

“Who’s she?”

People knows her during orientation as the girl who always has headphone at dorm. But nobody knows her name since she rarely speaks outside R-03 except smile. And whole girl’s dorm knows her because of the incident during dinner…that one time with Ms. Mina with her MP3… and the incident at the cafeteria…

Jihoon took a deep breath. “My name is Lee Jihoon.” She stops for a while. “I’m from Busan, currently living with my gramps.”

The only answer that’s different from others. Not caring about the looks her classmates gave, Jihoon sit down, face still as stoic as before.

Chaerin smirk. I thought she’s some kind of rich girl. She’s living with her grandparents, yet she dares to defy me.

Ms. Raina clapped her hands, urging some attention from her students. “Okay, we’ll do the class board election now. Candidates…?”

 

 

 

Jihoon lean on the door, munching on some energy bar as she waits for Seungkwan and Seokmin that went to café to buy some drinks. Jeonghan is sleeping at her seat, she said that she had an headache, so the shorter decided not to disturb her.

“Good grief! He’s gorgeous!”

“Hunk.” Shannon nod.

“Mine.” Chaerin confidently said.

She flinched. Craned her neck, she glare at the group of girls sitting in the middle of the classroom, fussing about some idol or something on Chaerin’s phone. She fight the urge to shove the phone into those girl’s mouth.

Grumpily,Jihoon bite in her energy bar. Her gaze fell on her shoes, finding it more exciting that the dull classroom.

“Why don’t you join them.” She raised her head, meeting face to face with a fun looking guy.

Jihoon raised her eyebrow. She turned around when someone tap on her shoulders. It’s Seungkwan and Seokmin.

Hoseok and Namjoon smiled. “Hi.”

Jihoon put on a straight smile. Seungkwan being polite by nodding a bit, while Seokmin wave for a while before excusing herself as she walk to the sleeping girl, placing a bottle of water and some medicine.

“I’m Hoseok, this is Namjoon, that’s Jisoo and Soonyoung, Ming Ming and Jun. And that guy over there is Hansol and Mingyu.” He pointed to a foreign looking guy, playing around with other boys, which Seungkwan assumed as Mingyu.

Namjoon raised his hand. “Seungkwan, am I right?”

She nods.

“Umm, who’s she?” Soonyoung point to Jihoon who seems busy reading the name list for her class.

“Jihoon, right?”

“The MP3 girl.” Jisoo add.

Jihoon turned around. “Excuse me?”

Jun smile sheepishly. “Nothing.”

“You’re not joining them?” Hoseok ask.

Jihoon and Seungkwan furrowed their eyebrows. “Who?”

“The 3F.” Hoseok replied.

Her eyebrows furrowed, couldn’t catch what he’s trying to tell.

Soonyoung point to the group of girls. “ing Fussy Freak. That cherry girl, Zhang something, Shannon, and Net.”

And the ice is broken.

 

 

“Jihoon, do you know Yoongi?” Jeonghan ask, fingers brushing through her hair.

She stiffen for a second. “Who?” her hands busy folding her clothes.

Seokmin rolls on Jihoon’s bed. “Min Yoongi. Our class President.”

She put the already folded clothes in her closet. “Oh, that guy. Why?”

“He’s gorgeous!”

Jihoon rolled her eyes. “Sorry, my grampa win.” She scoffed.

Seungkwan smile. “Why are you so grumpy?”

“I bet you’re gonna fall for him one day.” Seokmin grin.

“Huhh! No! Nehi! Never!”

“I’ll take him…” Jeonghan grab her comb from her bed.

The lavender haired girl raised her eyebrows twice. “You’ll need to compete with Chaerin!”

“Eee..!” Jeonghan rolled her eyes. “If it’s like that, I’ll rather take Jisoo than need to compete with that girl.” She quickly put a hand on , eyes wide, blush slowly creep to her face.

“Ooo…” Seungkwan cooed, grinning naughtily.

Seokmin jumped from the bed, twirling in the middle of the room. “Someone is in lovee…!” a small pillow come flying, hitting her square in the face.

“Shut up!”

 

 

Jihoon and Jeonghan walked side by side. The cool Saturday breeze gently blowing. They agreed to take a stroll, since they feel like their head could explode any time by studying non stop since morning. Gazebo around the college mostly occupied. Mostly by students, hanging around and some by families that came for a visit on weekend.

Seokmin and Seungkwan went out, said that they need to buy something at town.

“Jihoon!!! Jenghan!!!”

They halted. Both turned around in unison, searching for the source of voice.

Mingyu and Doyoon standing, hand on hips while waving to the girls.

Jeonghan and Jihoon looked at each other. They took a steps toward them.

“Are we the only who didn’t know, or it’s just a coincidence?” Jihoon asked, eyes fell on almost half of her classmate around. Mingyu and Doyoon already sat down beside Namjoon and Jisoo, with their back against tree trunk. Wonwoo, Minghao, Jimin and Seokjin sat down facing the Delta Field. Hoseok shot his head up from his laptops, sending a smile, for about three seconds. Soonyoung and Jungkook are standing, arms draped on each other’s shoulder, shouting something to the field.

“What are you guys doing here?” Jihoon’s eyebrow raised. “ To see rugby training?” she turns her head around to Delta Field that is full with students.

“Just chillin.” Doyoon replied. “I ask Wonwoo and Jimin for pizza. Wanna join?”

“We can’t go out this week. It’s girls time.” Namjoon frowned. “Bored like hell.”

Laugh.

“Want some pizza?” Minghao pushed one of the already opened pizza box towards Jihoon and Jeonghan.

“Sure, why not.” They took a seat between Wonwoo and Seokjin.

“Hoseok.”

“Hmm?” Hoseok lift his face from the white Acer Texas Instrument 670 CDT on his lap.

“You really can not part with your laptop?” Jeonghan raised an eyebrow.

Jisoo, still leaning on the tree trunk laugh. “Don’t you know, Jeonghan. He only part with his beloved laptop when he went to the toilet. Heck, he even sleeps with his laptop. I don’t understand him!”

Hoseok flash a smile. “This is my love, my honey pie, my wife.” He said dramatically.

“Where did you get that laptop actually?” Mingyu grab another slice of pizza. “CEO is  the only using those, as far as I know.”

“My older cousin.” He grin. “One of them at Japan, another is at States. I got this one from States.”

Jimin stretch her hands. “What are doing, actually?”

“There’s so many things that I can do with this.” Smiling mysteriously, Hoseok point on the laptop. “ I can even make money with this.”

“Hooo….!”

“Yah, Hoseok ah… did you write some kids fairy tale to sell?”

A laud laugh burst again.

 

 

Only four months into class, Jihoon already felt like exploding. Additional Mathematics is getting on her nerves, and so are Chaerin.

That girl will do what it takes to get on Jihoon’s nerve.

She’ll purposely bumped on Jihoon.

Or maybe trying to trip her.

Not to forget sabotaging her music notebook by hiding it somewhere at the park, that caused her books to dampen when it rains in the evening.

And again, Chaerin cause another problem.

Currently, on her left chest, there’s a platinum brooch with diamonds that she purposely brought to school, just to show how rich she is.

“My dad bought it in Paris last week.” She start to brag. And Jihoon noticed how she raised her voice so that Jihoon will hear all the nonsense she spit.

Smirk. “It’s expensive. Not everyone can afford it” her voice raised again. “Especially someone with no parents that they need to live with their granny.”

Jihoon stopped writing in her planner. Are you talking about me? She pressed her pen hard enough that it broke.

Chaerin seems not satisfied with the lack of response from her enemy.“Jihoon, don’t you wanna see it?” she provoke the smaller. “I’m sure you’ll never touch it again in your whole life. Even if your grandpa wanted to buy it, he might need to sold his house.”

Jihoon’s finger twitch again. She dropped her pen and closed her planner. Pushing her chair, she stand in front of Chaerin. “What did you say?” her eyebrow raised. “I don’t hear it.” Low but cold.

Chaerin smirk in victory. “You are unworthy to be here…”

Jihoon glared.

“…Your parents-“ her hands trailed on the brooch once more. “-might need to sell you to buy this.”

That’s it.

Jihoon snapped, her small hands find it’s way to Chaerin’s cheek.

Pang!

“ Your mouth, is as just rotten as your heart. Seems like the garbage is more noble than you entire pathetic self.” Her voice dripped with venom.

The whole class gasp, not only because of what happened, but also because of Mrs. Mina, standing at the doorway with jaw drop.

 

 

Jihoon sat still in the middle of the field. Her punishment for slapping Chaerin.  The 4 o’clock sun slowly went down. It’s hot like hell on 3PM, but now it started to rain a bit. What a bad luck. Her cheek still stings from Chaerin’s slap.

Not only that, she had to sat still on the field for two hours. She still has another half an hour but the rain started turning to heavy pour.

Jihoon feels a bit dizzy. Her eyes started to feels warm. She raised her head, letting the rain drops falls on top of her face. Granny, I miss you.

---

“Is she okay?”

Jeonghan and Seungkwan nods. “Seokmin is taking care of her. Her fever hasn’t drop yet. It’s still high.”

“Mrs. Mina is too much!!!” Mingyu shakes his head.  They met at the gate to the girls dorm, just to talk about Jihoon’s condition.

“I think she suffered mentally, worse than physically.” Jisoo stated in a low voice.

Jeonghan nod. Agreeing.

“Give this to her.” Soonyoung pass a bag of fruits to Seungkwan. “Send our regards to her.”

Seungkwan and Jeonghan nods.

 

 

“Guys, I’m fine.” Jihoon groaned. “Why the heck did you guys treat me as if I’m five years old?”

“Fine my .” Seungkwan put on a wet towel on top of her forehead. “You are burning. Just keep quiet.”

Jeonghan shakes her head. “Here, eat some.” She shoved a slice of kiwi to Jihoon. “The boys even forced Sir Onew to buy it.”

Jihoon opened , slowly munching on the sweet fruit. She sat up suddenly. “I’m going to the toilet.” Shakily, she gets up, using the table as her support.

“Carefull!!!”

Once she closed the door, she took out her phone from her sweater pocket. It’s already 6.30PM. Like always.

It’s good that her phone didn’t ring, just vibrated inside her pocket.

She swipe on the green icon.

“How is it? Is it worse? Have you eaten something?” the voise sounds nervous. “Is it too high? You wanna go to the hospital?”

“Okay…” Jihoon speaks weakly, heaving.

“Don’t do things like that again, okay? Troubling yourself like that. Just be grateful that I managed to stay put.”

She smile. “Yes, I know. I’m sorry…”

“Take care, okay?”

“Yes…”

She ended the call, shoving the phone back in her pocket. Slowly she closed her eyes, leaning on the door, heaving a heavy breath.

 

---

It’s almost the end of the first semester. Constantly fighting with Chaerin is almost like a routine for Jihoon. Well, her friends helps her by the way.

Like that one time when they changed her hair colour, in courtesy of Hoseok and Junhui, plus Jihoon being the one changing her hair dye.

She skipped schools for three days, and when she came, her hair is three times the colour of her original-not blonde hair.

Well, she did pay back of course. But not as awesome as what Jihoon did, but enough to make her blood boil.

It’s time for them to choose the Head Boy and Head Girl for the college.

“I wonder why the election is in the middle of the year.” Namjoon furrowed his eyebrow. “My soul find it’s weird.”

“So that everybody knows who to choose.” Doyoon smile. “Our college is still new. Even the teachers wouldn’t know who to choose.”

“So, the council will hold the portfolio for a year and a half, isn’t it?” Namjoon tap his chin, thinking.

“Maybe it’s only for us? Mean that the other batch will hold it for a year.”

Nods again.

“Head Boy must be Yoongi.” Hoseok scan the list of candidates in his laptop.

“Who’s the other?” Wonwoo pours herself a cup of water.

“Hmm… Minhyuk, Jonghyun, Alan and…”

They start laughing.

“Head Boy candidate, you water.” Minghao shoved the cup filled with water to Mingyu.

“Shut up!” Mingyu pull a sour face.

“Hehh… sulky boy.” Soonyoung tease.

Laugh burst again.

“I don’t know which teachers suggest you.” Wonwoo smile.

Mingyu make a face at Wonwoo.

“Please don’t ruin our picnic with that sour face of yours.” Jisoo laugh, hands reaching for another sandwich that Jeonghan brought along.

“I wish that even if Yoongi’s the Head Boy, Mingyu could assist.” Wonwoo said.

Mingyu pushed his hair back. “But I heard that Minhyuk is aiming for that seat if he can’t be the Head Boy.”

“If Yoongi is the Head Boy, what if Jihoon becomes the Head girl?” Hoseok scan the list again. “Jihoon, Chaerin, Yooa, Kei and Dahyun.”

“Here’s another one that I can’t quite understand how she can be nominated.” Soonyoung grin teasingly. “Which teacher did you bribe?”

Jihoon rolled her eyes.

“Seriously, Jihoon. Make sure you win.” Seokjin pat her shoulder. Jimin beside her nod enthusiastically.

“If the 3F rule…” Doyoon shakes his head.

“I’m transferring.” Jungkook smile.

“I’ll overthrow her, and make my own rules.” Taehyung raised her hands.

“I’ll dye her hair a fluorescent green.” Hoseok did the double jerk eyebrow.

 

 

---

I'm sorry if it seems like rushing. I'm trying to complete the story before I went to college, which is a week from now. 

Seungcheol might appear in the next chapter, though I can be so sure. 

happy reading!