Nice Colour

Dope College Life

“Are you sure this is a good idea? Dino’s out there. Who knows if he’s still alive.”

N calmly flips the magazine. “That’s fine. They told me that the victims are still on the way. Maybe he could free himself before the actually found out about it.”

“But I’m still worried. Maybe I should go get him.” He stood up, slipping his blazer on.

Hyuk rolled his eyes. “Ken, don’t worry too much. Dino has a fast feet. He’ll get away. So calm down and took a seat. Let’s enjoy this newly brewed coffee by our one and only, Jung Taekwoon.” He closed his eyes, and putting the mouth of the cup to his lips, sipping the black liquid.

Ken scrunched his nose. “Coffee with no milk? No thanks. No offense though, Leo.”

The guy shrugs. He sits leg crossed on the floor, leaning on the wall. His eyes felt heavy already.

Hongbin rise to his feet. “You know, actually I’m with Ken this time. Who knows what Noona, or maybe Yoongi hyung will do to our maknae. Let’s just sneak a peek, and if he seems save, just let him be.”

Ken clutched his chest dramatically. “Oh Hongbin, you’re the only one who knows my true feelings.”

“Stop being so gay, Ken.” Ravi mutterd, eyes still closes, laying on the long couch in their secret room.

“Let’s just find o-”

“AHHHHHH!!!!” Dino burst through the door, with an angry looking Jihoon holding a guitar trailing behind him.

“Get back here, you piece of ! I’ll beat the hell out of you!” she roared, swinging the guitar around.

N gulped. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he silently put the magazine down, trying to get away.

Dino ran behind Leo, trying to shield himself from Jihoon’s wrath. Leo himself started panicking.

Ravi and Hongbin tip toed to the widely opened door. They make sure that their shoes won’t make any sound, and since Jihoon is too busy trying to hunt Chan down, she didn’t notice both of them, nor Ken and Hyuk that was hiding on the floor, staying as quiet as possible.

As if on cue, a strong gust of wind flew in through the opened window, making the door closed on its own.

Hongbin yelps, before quickly slap a hand over his mouth. Feeling goosebumps, he slowly turned around, fear clearly shown in his eyes.

If he were to describe how Jihoon’s looking right now, he would need to use every dark and scary word available.

Sure, her face didn’t change. But the aura surrounding her sure has it’s biggest effects on the kids, since they know for sure why she’s so mad.

 

Twenty minutes before.

“Who do you think will be your partner?” Mingyu scratched his chin

Shrugs. “I have no idea. But I guess anyone is fine.”

Scoffed. “Yeah right. I’m sure you were hoping that it was your oblivious crush.”

Smirk. “Back to you then.”

“Hey, at least I make an effort of showing what I feels. Unlike you, continue helping her in her little stalking activity so that you can see her always.”

“Shut the up.”

“Hansol, language.”

“Sorry, Jisoo.”

Once they arrived, there was already a big crowd. But somehow, they kind gave way for the head girl. ‘Jihoon effect’ as what Seungkwan would call.

Let’s see. Where’s my name. She ran her eyes across the list. And a name caught her attention. “Oppa, you’re with Chaerin!” she snickered.

Yoongi gasps. “What?!” he followed his sister’s slender fingers, and his shoulder slumps in defeat when he saw his name.

Lee Yoongi     Zhou Chaerin

He slaps his forehead. God, why? Of all people, why her?

“Oppa, I want a real Asian sister in law. I don’t want a fake one.” She teased, grinning widely when her brother groaned in despair.

Seungkwan put a hand on her chest. “Oh no! My partner is the prefect president! What a bad luck!”

Hansol gaped. “I’m hurt!”

“Do I look like I care?”

And their bickering continues.

Jihoon chuckled. She continued her search for her name in the middle of so many names. She already found Taehyung’s name. It’s Hoseok. Jihoon swore she heard Hoseok asking Taehyung if it’s okay to bring his laptop that night to which Taehyung replied sassily.

“Do it if you wish to see that laptop of yours swimming in the middle of the lake.”

She’s been spending too much time with Seungkwan.

Jihoon blinks rapidly when she found her name. This can’t be true. Must be some other Jihoon. So she search again, and end up in disappointment when she couldn’t find any other Jihoon.

And just like Yoongi, she slaps her own forehead. “My luck just ran out.” She mumbled, and Yoongi heard it.

“Why? What’s wrong?” he revived from his little break down and search for his sister’s name.

Honestly, he just laughs so loud that night. And the rest of the squad followed after when they saw Jihoon’s partner’s name.

“Damn! I’ll kill all of you!”

Chan, the one who was forgotten sweat drops. He silently prays that Jihoon would forget about him entirely. At least until he’s in the safe zone. But, fate decide to play a trick.

“I told you these guys had something to do with the list!” Hansol suddenly shout in the middle of his bickering, shocking all of them.

All the seniors turn their attention to the only junior when their laugh dies.

Chan laughs nervously, hands trying to rip Hansol’s grip on his shoulder. Help me!

The end of his hair stands suddenly. He feels goose bumps all over, and he didn’t even dare to raised his head. And he didn’t even need to do that to know that there are a piercing nuclear glare drilled through his head.

“Chan ahh…”

He shivered at how Jihoon called his name. He’s so dead!

Mustering all his strength, he yanks Hansol’s hand as hard as he could, the senior hissing in pain.

And he sprints to save his life. And that is how he ended with the situation in the room. Back to the list, Jihoon’s name is printed nicely beside the one and only, Choi Seungcheol.

What exactly happened to Vixx? Nothing much. Just some beating using Jisoo’s guitar and some cursing here and there.

 

 

Nahh… she just threat them, the guitar didn’t even touch them at all. Jihoon still has a things we call empathy.

She was sitting on the couch, with the guitar beside her, arms crossed. Seven junior kneel on the floor, scared to do anything.

Hongbin cleared his throat. “Noona.”

She growled. “What?”

“Umm… do you want us to change it? We can do it if you want.”

Jihon sigh. “Just don’t do anything. I’ll try to not to kill him that night.” She stands up, shoving the end of the guitar near to N’s face. “But. If you dare to do something else other than this, I seriously am gonna kill you!”

“Yes, ma’am!” all seven head saluted.

She huffed, brought the guitar to her back and hold it as if it’s a baseball bat. Her small figure walked to the door, her free hand turning the door knob. She slams the door closed.

Ken let out the breath he never realised he was holding, hands on chest.

Ravi ends up sprawling on the floor. They didn’t do anything but he feels so tired that he would be glad to sleep right there.

Chan still shivered from ‘Jihoon effect’. Surely, he’s going to get a nightmare from now on.

 “I told you that’s a bad idea!” Ken screeched.

N ruffled his own hair. “Bad or not, at least she agrees.” He suddenly grins. “It means, we succeed.”

 

 

“Ok, so guys wore suits?”

“But didn’t we agree to wears something traditional?”

“No offense, but guys wearing hanbok is so not prom. Just wear it this new year.”

“This is not a prom anyway.”

After some intense discussion, they decided to mix.

Guys wearing suits, and girls wearing hanbok.

Jihoon waits on the stage, legs crossed. Most of her friends are with their respective partners, choosing what colour should they wear. She chuckled. Eyes fixed on Seungkwan and Hansol.

Seungkwan with her never ending love for pink, and she told Hansol to wear a pink suit. Of course he wouldn’t comply. Even Jihoon herself was sure she would never want to wear a pink suit. It’s pink.

He craned her neck, glancing at her brother, who didn’t stop pacing since they arrive. Apparently, his partner hadn’t come yet despite it’s almost 10.

Doyoon walks to where Jihoon is. “He’s not here yet?”

Shrugs. “Don’t know. Have you decide yet?”

He raised his eyebrow twice. “I’m wearing black. All black.”

“Poor Hyuna to have you as her partner. You’re not going to a funeral, for god sake.” She rolled her eyes, eyes glancing at the front door. Who knows if he might burst in.

“It’s her suggestion. Saying that she only has a dark coloured hanbok.” Doyoon retort back, arms crossed.

“Yeah right.” She hop down, “Tell Hyuna I said hi.” She steps toward Yoongi, tapping on the guy’s shoulder. “Oppa, just calm down. She’ll come eventually.”

He groaned. “Urggh, I was hoping that I can sleep a lot tonight. Where’s she? So late!” he slump on the chair, frustrated.

Jihoon just laugh at her brother misery.

Not to many minutes later (cue sarcasm), Chaerin finally arrived with her minion trailing behind. She was smiling so brightly, satisfied that she finally got her dream boy as her partner. Chaerin immediately sat on a chair beside Yoongi.

In a flash of light, the guy got up from his seat. “Okay, you’re here.” He opted to stand beside Jihoon who chuckled from amusement.

Chaerin still has the bright smile on her face. It looks a bit creepy.

Yoongi took a deep breath. “Okay, I’ll just say this once only. So listen carefully.”

The girl nod.

“That night, I want you to wear hanbok. No sleeveless, no dress or whatever it is. Just hanbok.” He stops. “Drop dead gorgeous, the modern one.”

Frown. “No way! I was planning to wear my red dress that night!” she huffed.

“I don’t care. You want to be my partner, follow my rules. If not, I’d rather be partnerless.” Yoongi spat, causing a pout to formed on Chaerin’s face.

“Fine!”

“Good. So everything’s clear, right? See you next week.” He pulled Jihoon by her arm, dragging her away. They took a seat by the corner of the stage, leaving Chaerin gaped at how she was treated.

Jihoon snickered. “Oppa, you’re way too funny.”

“Please, Hoonie.” He rolled his eyes. Glancing around the gym, most of them are finished. Some already went back, and some just casually chatting with each other. Yoongi turned to face the girl. “Seungcheol’s not here yet?”

Shrugs. “Don’t know, don’t care. He’s not that important.” Her hands found it’s way to her pocket. She pulled out a black earbud, shoving the small thing in her eardrum. She gave one to Yoongi, which the older gladly took.

“It’s just some beats. I haven’t add anything yet. Just wanna ask for some opinion.” Tapping on the screen, she scrolled pass many music tracks, before tapping on a track. The audio starts to play, and Yoongi listened quietly, slightly bobbing his head up and down.

When the audio stops, Jihoon waits for Yoongi’s reaction. “What do you think? Is it good? Bad? Not worth it?”

The elder tap his chin. “The beat is nice, and the piano and guitar fits perfectly. But it sounds, how do I say it? Too ballad? Maybe you can add something else, make it a bit pop but still has the ballad feels.”

“Isn’t it? I do think that something’s not right.” She let out a heavy breath. “Anyway, I don’t think that guy will come. Can you just told him I’ll wear light purple?”

“Last year’s hanbok?”

“Yeah.” She stood up, dusting her pants.

Eyebrows raised. “I thought you said that it was too girly for you?”

“Oppa, do you think I have any other hanbok than that?” Yoongi shook his head. “No, so that is the only sole reason I’m wearing that girly Hanbol. At least it’s not pink.”

“But your hair is pink once.”

Jihoon groaned. “Oppa, help me this time. Just told him that, okay. And go to bed. You seems like you could collapse any second here. I’m tired, and so do you. So please, help me.”

“Okay, girly.”

She groaned again, but choose not to reply. Who knows when they’ll be able to go back if the bickering continues, neither want to give up.

After all, they’re a twins.

 

 

“Noona, you’re not mad right?”

Flips. “Oh I don’t know. Should I?” she replied, eyes still on the textbook.

Bit his lip. “We’re sorry, okay. It’s just that you’re always fighting with him, so we thought that maybe if we do this, you’ll stop fighting.” And eventually realised his feelings for you. The last sentence only in his mind. Who knows what their grumpy seniors will do if she knows.  And what he will do if he founds out.

Seriously. If Jihoon has this mafia kind of vibe, Seungcheol has the yakuza one. See, even their vibe is quite the same. They were supposed to click.

Jihoon frowned, averting her gave from the book. “Do what?”

Ravi gulped. “The Shining Diamond thing. Did you forgot?”

The girl slapped her own forehead. “Gosh, I almost forgot. When is it? Sorry, I just lost track of time.”

Chan gaped. Face unamused. “Noona, it’s tonight. Did you seriously forgot?”

She quickly swipe her phone on, eyes widened at the date, and time. “It is tonight! No wonder Seungkwan’s been busy since morning. And I only have 3 hours! God damn it!” she quickly shoved all her things in her bag, carefully zip it and hung it on her back. “Bye, see you later!” and Jihoon sprint away to her room.

N and Leo shook their head, Ken slapping his forehead and Hongbin laughing non-stop.

“She really forgot! That is so funny!”

 

In less than 10 minutes, Jihoon arrived at her room when usually it took around 20 minutes, panting madly. Jeonghan just finished showered, and she stares at Jihoon’s figure, eyes wide.

“Where did you go? And you didn’t even showered yet! Oh my god!” she approached the panting girl, dragging her inside by her shirts collar. Pulling the bag away, she push Jihoon to the bathroom. “Go! Took a bath! Now!”

“But I haven’t cool down yet. I ran here, Jeonghan. It’s sticky!” she tried to pried her hands away. But sadly, Jeonghan’s grip is tight enough, forbidding her from running away. “Jeonghan!” she tried again.

“No, my dear. You get in there, get a nice shower, then only you came out. Your hanbok is ironed already. Seokmin did it.” She closed the bathroom door.

Turning around, Jeonghan dried her hair using a small blue towel. Jihoon’s head poked out from the door. “Seokmin did? Waahhh, thank you so much.”

“Just shower, Lee Jihoon. Seungkwan’s gonna arrived in half an hour and if you’re not done by that time, just prepare your ears. Now hurry!”

Grin. Jihoon saluted. “Ay ay, mom.”

 

“Jihoon, you looks so pretty!” Jimin squeal. She fights the urge to just grab the girl and squished her cheek so hard.

Jihoon rolled her eyes. “It’s just a simple dress. You should have seen Chaerin. I swore they looks like they are getting married.” She motioned to Yoongi, standing beside Chaerin wearing an absolutely simple but stunning all black suit. The girl herself wore a lighter red coloured hanbok, with a flashy ornament on her hair. And to complete her attire, a blood red coloured purse.

Jimin chuckled. “But I like your dress better. Simple but beautiful.”

The shorter smiled. She looks at her own attire. It’s nothing actually, just a simple light purple pink coloured modern hanbok, with a lacy sleeves. It’s a bit see through, so she wore a long sleeved white inner. It’s works pretty well.

 

Yoongi claps his hands, catching everyone’s else attention. “So, all here?” he asked.

Mingyu raised his hand. “Seungcheol’s not here yet.”

Yoongi’s eyebrow raised at that. He turned to face Seungcheol’s partner. “He didn’t contact you?”

“Puh-lease, I don’t even has his number.” Jihoon replied.

Yoongi took a glance on his watch. “Well, we can wait for a while. Maybe he’s on his way.”

Jihoon shook her head. “No. It’s okay. You guys can go first. We don’t want to drag the event, aren’t we. Maybe he just lost his skull headed ring or something. Just go first.” Smiled.

He glanced at her sister worrily. “Are you sure?”

Nods. “Yep. Don’t worry, I can take care of myself. Besides, he’s my partner. I don’t want to cause any trouble just because of him.” She assured.

Yoongi sigh. “Guess we’ll go first then. But are you sure?”

Jihoon laugh, and Yoongi knows that it’s fake. “Oppa, I’m not 5. Just go.”

“Okay.”

Everybody except Jihoon left the gym, leaving only one light on for the head girl. Tired of waiting, Jihoon sat on the stage leg crossed, taking out a world war novel from her sling bag.

Jihoon lift her head when she heard some footsteps. She heaved a heavy breath, looking at Seungcheol.

That guy casually came in, hands holding a hanger, clad in a black shirts with a skull and some red writings, a ripped tight jeans and a sneakers. He whistled happily, walking towards Jihoon’s direction.

“Head girl, you ain’t going?”

She clicked her tongue. “Go away. I don’t have any mood to go anymore.” She continue reading, deciding that since she won’t go, she could finished it tonight

Seungcheol smirks. “Nice colour.” He blurted out.

Jihoon shot him an unfazed look. “You tell me.”

He chuckled, walking towards the bathroom, leaving Jihoon cursing on the stage.

 

“Skull head! Nuclear destroyer! ! I swore I’m going to kill you,and feed you to the sharks!” she keeps on cursing, not realising that her partner is already out.

“Kill who?” Seungcheol asked, amused when he saw Jihoon’s shocked face.

The girl turned around, ready to shot back. But she stops when she saw Seungcheol. Eyes running up and down, she chokes on her saliva.

Seungcheol opened her arms, widely. A smug grin on his face. “Come on. Give me your best shot.”

Jihoon gulps. “Nice colour.”

 

 

 

-------

so heres a new chapter. Enjoy reading!! thank you!!

sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my best language