Couple or nahh

Dope College Life

 

The election is next week. Most can already expect it. Yoongi is the Head Boy. Everyone like him. Even if he rarely smile, he’s nice and kind. As for the Head Girl, who else if not Jihoon. Anyway, they still need to vote.

Jihoon took out her planner. Another two days. The day after tomorrow… she choose a bright red marker, mark something on the planner in a big red font.

“What are you doing?” Soonyoung pop out from behind. “Latest crush?” He grin.

“Soonyoung…” she shakes her head. Jihoon closed the planner and hide it under her table.

“You think you can win?” he pulled Minghao’s chair, sitting on it backwards, facing the lavender haired girl. Maybe Minghao’s in library, stalking her crush.

“I don’t know.” She shrug. “I’m not a rich kid like you guys. Not a businessman’s daughter, nor the child of a lord…surely they vote for Chaerin…” Jihoon said in a low voice, sighing.

“Why are you so mushy?” he asked, concern tinted in his voice. “Not everyone is like that. Even if you have a mountain of gold, if you don’t have a kind heart, it’s all meaningless….”

Jihoon smile. “Yeah right.”

“Besides, the rich one is their parents, not themselves. Have some confidence will you?” he tried to comfort Jihoon.

The girl nod. “Yeah, thanks.”

Soonyoung smile, satisfied. “Bye, I have to do my homework.” He wave before storming to his own seat.

Jihoon took out the planner again. What to do? Just two days left?

A knock on the door goes unheard by Jihoon, who seems too engulfed with dealing things on her planner.

“Jihoon!”

She lift her head up at the mention of her name. Soonyoung point to the door, smiling widely.

As she turned around, Jihoon could feel that blood are rushing to her face.

On the door, Yoongi stood all high and mighty, with a very rare smile on his face.

Slowly, she stood up, taking a heavy steps to the door. She walked passed Chaerin and her gang, shock written on their face. Jihoon would surely laugh, if she’s  not in this situation.

She could also saw her other friends, whom halted from their activity and paid attention to her. Poor them, they didn’t know.

“Why?” Jihoon ask slowly, both of them standing behind the door.

Yoongi smiled wider when Jihoon stands in front of him. “First time?”

Soonyoung bit the inside of his lip. Why the sudden? They never ever talk before.

Seungkwan smirk. See. I told you, you’ll fall for him. Hate can turned into love you know. She laugh internally, seeing the looks on Chaerin’s face. Serve you right!

Turning his attention back to his opened book, Soonyoung shakes all the negative thinking inside his head. Maybe they had something to discuss. Who knows.

His ears perked up again when her hears something he shouldn’t have. His brow furrowed, Soonyoung took another glance at Yoongi and Jihoon. He just heard Jihoon called Yoongi, oppa? Are they together?

And the hypothesis in his head was proven when Jihoon pout and Yoongi laugh, trying to comfort her.

---

“Happy birthday to you!!!”

“Teng tereng…!”

“Happy birthday to you!!!”

“Teng tereng…!”

“Happy birthday dear Jihoon!!! Happy birthday to you!!!”

Seungkwan nudged her. “Blew the candle!”

“Make a wish!” Seokjin clutch a hand to her chest. “My girl is all grown up.” She wiped an imaginary tears that never exist.

Namjoon rolled his eyes. “She’s 17, not 20. Stop acting like you’re her mother.”

Hands on her hips, Seokjin picked up an empty paper cup, throwing it at Namjoon. “Shhh, old man. Pipe down your grumpiness and let me enjoy this time.”

Namjoon looked so done with that girl.

Mingyu and Wonwoo sent a glance at each other, nodding and raised their hands.

Smacking both male and female on head. “Take your couple fight somewhere else.”

“Yeah, we’re celebrating someone’s birthday, not your anniversary.” Mingyu plopped down beside Jisoo.

“We’re not couple!” they retorted, crossing arms on chest, huffing.

Jihoon sheepishly smile. Geez, these two oblivious creature. She closed her eyes for a while, and blew the candle on the beautifully decorated Red Velvet.

“Thanks, you guys. I don’t know how to repay this. I mean, you sponsored everything. I’m grateful.” There’s this sudden tugging in her heart, when she remember…someone. But being the iron lady she is, she ignore that feelings.

“It’s nothing.” Doyoon stated. He handed a cake knife to the lavender haired girl. “Cut it. I’m hungry.”

Jihoon raised an eyebrow. “You want it first?”

Shake. “Nahhh, we’ll eat together.” So Jihoon gave the first piece to her roommate who for some reasons have a glinting in their eyes. Then she passed all the others around.”

Seungkwan, Jeonghan and Seokmin immediately attacked Jihoon with the cake after she’s done cutting it, shoving the cake into , and smearing some of the cream cheese on her face.

“I just cleaned my face!”

A loud laugh burst.

They were happily snacking on the chips, fried chicken and two box of pizza that the guys personally bought when they went to the town that morning, when Minghao suddenly voiced out.

“Yoongi’s birthday is today too, right?”

Soonyoung’s ear perked at this. She must have remembered her boyfriend’s birthday.

Jihoon shove two piece of chips into . “I don’t care. Today is my birthday.”

His eyebrow furrowed. Ehh…??

“Anyway, can I opened the presents?” she picked a big square box, wrapped in a bright pink wrapper. “Who gave this?”

“Opened it first!” Taehyung said.

So she did. After struggling with the wrapper- cause the one who wrapped it thought it would be fun to put lots and lots of tape on it, and since Jihoon don’t want to just rip it- for quite a long time, she took out a black plushie .

“Okay. Who gave this?” she asked, eyes mesmerizing at the sight of the plush toy/pillow.

Jungkook and Hoseok raised their hand. “We bought it, but Seokjin’s the one wrapped it.”

The said girl showed a peace. “Hehe…”

“Ohh… that explain the choice of colour for the wrapper.” Jihoon scan the present. “What it’s name?”

Mingyu raised his hand high. “I suggest Grumpy, cause it looks like Wonwoo whenever she’s in emo mood.”

“Curse you, Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo hissed.

---

That night, Yoongi came again. Jihoon walked out, head down, staring at her shoes.

They talk for quite a long time, discussing something or so, before Yoongi poked his head through the door. “Mingyu!” he called.

The taller male turned around from his seat, Wonwoo in front of him, asking him some question about their homework. Mingyu raised an eyebrow.

Yoongi make a hand gesture, asking him to go there.

“Wonwoo, I’m sorry. I’ll teach you later.” He send an apologetic smile to the girl, before stormed off to where Yoongi and Jihoon is.

As always, Soonyoung make sure to pay a lot attention to whatever they’re talking about. He can see Mingyu shaking his head, Yoongi’s serious face and Jihoon’s stoic face. However, he can’t hear much since he sat far from the door. All he could hear is ‘garden…’ and ‘EZ square…’.

Three of them walked away.

“Why didn’t she told us, that she’s dating Yoongi?” disappointment could be heard in her tone. “Does she think we’re that kind of friends, who would told the whole college about them?” Seungkwan crossed her arms, cheeks puffing.

Jimin shrugs. “Maybe she’s afraid the we’ll about that.”

“Yeah… Jihoon’s an Iron Lady.” Jeonghan nod.

Seokjin nudge Jeonghan. “What about you?”

“What about me, what?” she tilt her head, confused.

Taehyung rolled her eyes. “Don’t act like you don’t know.”

Laugh. “Seriously, I don’t get it. Just get to the point.”

Suddenly, Seokmin stands up. She craned her neck, as if looking for someone. When her eyes finally caught the view that she want, she cupped a hand on . “Jisoo! Jeonghan want to ask you something!”

Jeonghan eyes turned wide, as wide as a saucer pan. “Wha- what?”

Seokmin wiggled her eyebrow as she pointed to Jisoo at the far end of the class, talking to Hansol and Doyoon. The young lad said something to his friends before walked to where the girls is.

“Seokmin, you called?”

“Yeah. Jeonghan said she’s curious about something.” She pointed to the long haired girl, that looks like she wants to bury herself somewhere, or maybe wished to get into a book, judging by how low her head is, her nose touching her notebook.

Jisoo knock his knuckle on the table. “Jeonghan?”

The flustered girl raised her head slowly. “Umm… I wanted t-to ask you…bu-but I forgot.” She obviously try to avoid eye contact with the male students standing in front her as her friends snickered. “I’ll ask you if-if… I remember. Sorry.” She stuttered. With a red face, Jeonghan pick all her things, bowing a bit to Jisoo, sending a glare to Seokmin and Jimin that looks like they are ready to burst out laughing any time, she rushed out of the class, leaving a very confused Jisoo blinking. Seokmin let out a small laugh before trailing the flustered girl out.

“Did I do something wrong?” confused Jisoo asked. His eyes followed the now gone Jeonghan’s trail, before turn his head back to his female friends.

Seungkwan chuckled. She cleared before she speak again. “Nope. Nothing’s wrong. Definitely non.” She twirl a pen in her hand, clearly satisfied with whatever just happened, her English homework long forgotten.

Hands in his pocket, Jisoo shrug. “Okay…” he head back to where he was before, looking a bit solemn.

If Jimin didn’t know him, she’ll thought that Jisoo is sad. But since it’s Jisoo, the class’s gentleman, maybe he’s just tired.

“Where’s she going?” Minghao asked, chin nudged to Chaerin that just rose from her seat before running out of the class. The blonde haired girl rush outside, her face still sour as before, with her minions following after.

“Can it be, she’s looking for them?”

“She’s crazy!”

Wonwoo plopped down on her own seat beside Seungkwan, her physics book lay on the table. “What did I miss?”

“Everything…” Taehyung said, before suddenly laughing like a maniac. The she stop abruptly. “By the way, how’s your little date with Mingyu?”

She feel her face heated up. “It’s not a date!”

“Says the person who accidentally cut her fingers during Biology the person across her table looks to hot cutting a frog.”

“Cut it out!” Wonwoo slam her face not too hard on the table, trying to hide her obvious red face, though her red ears is still viewable.

“HAHAHA….!!” They start laughing in a very not gracious way, replacing the silence in the class since most are occupied with their homework anyway. Some send a very clearly annoyed glare, but most just smile. Who cares? They’re all friends anyway.

 

---

“How could you.” He snap another pic. “We thought that you guys are dating, secretly that is…” his voice trailed off, disappointment slash glad tone.

Jihoon make a face towards Yoongi. “Who the hell will date him?”

“Language, Jihoon.”

Pout. “Sorry.”

“Keep on that pout on your face. I hope that one day you’ll wake up with a duck mouth.” Yoongi snickered, shoving another piece of cake into his mouth.

Jihoon angrily push Yoongi’s shoulder. “Mingyu! Look at him!”

The taller shakes his head, smiling. “Whatever, guys…” he never knew that Jihoon has this side of her, acting like a spoiled clingy sister. Guess she’s only like that with Yoongi. “Jihoon, why don’t you feed Yoongi? And vice versa.” He raised the camera high, ready to snap another pic of the celebration.

“Eww… what do you think we are? Married couple? No…” she looks disgusted with the idea.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Do you think I want to? I might need to feed you the whole cake since you’re so fat.”

“Oppa!” she screeched, filling her cheeks with air before crossing her arm on her chest.

Mingyu could only laugh. “So, who’s going to give the present?”

“I never buy any present for her though?” he put on a confused face. “I thought it was my birthday alone that I forgot to buy something for her. Sorry, Jihoonie.”

“Fine! Then you won’t get any either!” she frowned, again crossing her hands on her chest.

Grinning, Yoongi ruffled her hair. “Quite frowning, will you. You look hideous. And you already look ugly.” Smirk. “Even Chaerin gave me a present.”

She swat Yoongi’s hand away. Jihoon angrily shoved her hand in the pocket, taking out a palm sized box. “Here. Take it and go away.”

He grab the box, replacing it with another box, slightly bigger that the one Jihoon gave him, wrapped in a baby blue shiny wrapper. “Thank god it’s bigger than Chaerin. She gave me tie pin.” He grimaced, and shudder remembering how creepy it is to find the blonde’s present on top of his bed after school.

Jihoon sticks her tongue out. “Don’t care, don’t mind, don’t give a da-“

“Again, language young lady.” He deadpanned.

Jihoon choose to sulk by ignoring Yoongi, and it didn’t affect the male even a bit.

Yoongi put a sliced of cake on a plate. “Eat some.”

The taller nod, taking the camera off his neck.

“Ohh, so this is what you’ve been doing this whole time!”

Startled, Mingyu almost drop the camera he’s holding, only to catch it before it fell off from his hand completely. He turned around 180 degree, to meet with a very red looking Girls Dormitary Felo, also their Discipline Teacher.

“All this while, Mrs. Eunji back you up! I thought you are a good students, but turned out you’re worse than the other!”

Jihoon flinched in her seat, her finger twitch in irritation.

Mrs. Mina took a deep breath. “Lee Jihoon, Min Yoongi, Kim Mingyu. I personally withdraw your name from the election.” And she went just like that, leaving three dumbfounded students.

“Mingyu, I’m so sorry. Because of us, you’re involved too.” Yoongi grip his shoulder, feeling guilty.

The taller smiled bitterly. “Nahh… it’s no big deal.” He tighten his grip on the camera.

“Promise me you won’t tell anybody about this. Not even our friends, let alone the teachers. This is one of the no matter what.”

“Rilex. I won’t tell a soul about this. Don’t worry. We have something else we need to worry about.” He walked closer to the table, still full of foods and drinks. Slipping his camera back in the bag, he slung it over his shoulder. “What are going to do?”

Jihoon, face blank, eyes piercing as cold as ice, mutter slowly. “We’ll settle this, somehow. Even if we need to pull the last string.”

 

---

Mom always remind me, lies spread faster than the truth, rumours fly faster than a bird, and the real things will be buried, deep under blocks and bricks of thick lies.

It’s true, cause the next day, college is in uproar. The rumours about Lee Jihoon and Min Yoongi spread like a virus that has no cure. The news about three possible students holding the council got knocked out by the teacher herself.

Apparently, someone uploaded on SNS, the picture of Jihoon and Yoongi together that night, and for some unknown reason, the person decided not to put Mingyu in the picture even though the latter clearly stay with them all the time. Jihoon could quite grasp who’s the mind behind all of those things, and instead of taking revenge as always, Jihoon felt like she need to clear some misunderstanding beforehand.

They went to the cafeteria after class, and since the cafeteria only opened for lunch, there’s nobody else there. Most students went back to their room, have a nice warm shower and maybe took a nap, which is Yoongi’s favourite subject. But instead of wrapping himself under the cover, he stay back as Soonyoung’s wish.

The sat across each other, male to female.

Seungkwan, Jeonghan, Seokmin and Minghao looks disappointed. Jimin and Seokjin choose to stare at the colourful pattern on the table. Wonwoo held his gaze to the field while Taehyung plays with her own fingers.

On the opposite side, Soonyoung looks tense, along with Doyoon. Hoseok for once, not on his laptop. Jisoo looks calm. Namjoon and Junhui looks tired, the same for Hansol. Mingyu play a beat slowly on the table. He’s not used to this ‘silence’.

“Why the heck did you guys tried to destroy your future?” Jeonghan spat suddenly. It startled everyone else since the long haired girl never speak with such a harsh tone.

“Jihoon! I never thought you’re that kind of girl!” this time, it’s Soonyoung.

Jihoon stay silence. Her gaze on the somehow empty field. Maybe most of them went to the gym, or just simply lazy to exercise.

“We love you guys, don’t you know that?!” he roared again. Mingyu and Yoongi still didn’t stir a bit. Soonyoung’s chest heaved in anger. “But if you guys’s do things like this, everything is worthless!”

“Soonyoung, you don’t get it.” Mingyu snorted.

“I deeply apologized.” Yoongi heaved a heavy breath.

“That’s not the problem right now! The problem is, things already happened! We can’t rewind or do anything! Do you realize the consequences for what you’ve done?!” Soonyong stood up. “It’s only pioneer, and the college is destroyed!”

“Soonyoung.”

He faced Jihoon.

“You don’t know understand anything… it’s better if you shut up!!!” Jihoon never got that rude with her friends. Non.

But Soonyong don’t know anything. He didn’t understand! It’s better if he pipe down rather than hurt someone else’s feelings.

He glared at the lavender haired girl. “I know damn well what I’m talking about, Lee Jihoon!!!”

“Soonyoung, it’s enough…” Hansol tried to pulled him down, be he stay rooted on the spot.

“All this time, I respect you! I never thought it’ll turn like this!” he raised his voice again.

“SHUT UP, SOONYOUNG!!”

Jihoon sprang on her feet, slamming the table, fumes in her eyes.

“Jihoon, calm down.” Seungkwan grip on the shorter’s shoulder, comforting her.

She gritted her teeth, eyes met with Yoongi’s, as if telling her that it’s enough.

Jihoon grab her beg. “I’m sorry.” She stormed out of the café, away from the heated atmosphere. She steps weakly towards the bathroom, feeling the need to cool her head off.

 

---

Sorry about Seungcheol... he'll appear a bit later...