Will They, Will They Not?

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: This was requested by @wanchu / I'm so sorry for updating this so late! Hope you like it xD


Sana was already a nervous wreck. Despite having two weeks to prepare for this moment, she was absolutely terrified. So many thoughts were going through her head right now that she honestly thought she was going to go crazy. She doesn’t know what possessed her to agree to the idea to do what she was going to today. Sana wanted to scream in frustration – no, nervousness.

Tzuyu had somehow convinced her to visit both their parents in the two weeks they had as a break from their tiring schedules as idols. She would normally be fine with the idea – but this time she was going as Tzuyu’s girlfriend. They were currently on the plane bound to Taiwan, the younger girl sleeping on Sana’s shoulder. Sana couldn’t help herself but think of so many different scenarios in her head. How would they react to them being together in a relationship? What if they don’t accept them? She can picture it in her head.

(A/N: Italics is scenario)

Tzuyu gripped my hand firmly, squeezing it as a way of comfort. She knew how terrified I was right now; my hands were shaking.

“What if they don’t like me?” I said to Tzuyu, shifting from one foot to another.

“What’s not to like?” She replied.

That boosted my confidence a little as we arrived in the driveway of the Chou residence.

We knocked on the door of the house, greeted by the main maid.

“Please come in Lady Tzuyu.” She welcomed, bowing.

“Thank you Mrs Kim. You know that you can just call me Tzuyu.” Tzuyu replied.

We both walked in the kitchen, seeing the rest of the Chou family sitting in the lounge area.

“Mum, Dad, I’m home.” Tzuyu said.

I was quiet and my nervousness seemed to attack my senses again.

“Oh, good to have you here princess.” Said Mr Chou, approaching Tzuyu and engulfing her in a hug.

“Dad, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me princess.” Tzuyu pouted.

Mr Chou simply laughed, ruffling Tzuyu’s hair.

“And who might this lovely girl be?” He asked.

“This is my girlfriend, Minatozaki Sana.” Tzuyu replied.

Glass shattered somewhere and our heads turned to the sound. Mrs Chou dropped the bowl of salad she was holding, looking extremely pale. Mr Chou rushed towards her, cleaning up the mess and seating her on a chair.

Mrs Chou simply stared at me – was that anger in her eyes? I wanted to flee in that moment, maybe this was a bad idea.

She disappeared into the kitchen and I relaxed a little bit. Tzuyu turned around to me and looked at me worriedly but I shook my head.

Mr Chou and Mrs Chou seemed to disappear – where did they go?

Tzuyu showed me around her mansion in the meantime and tried to hide her baby pictures which I pulled out of her hand before she could do so.

“Aw! You were so cute!” I said.

“WERE? Am I not cute anymore?” She asked, pouting.

I chuckled at her aegyo. “Of course you’re still cute.”

There was a series of loud bangs on the front door and some hushed whispers so we both went down to see what was happening.

I shouldn’t have gone downstairs.

In a matter of moments, I was in cuffs and in the back seat of a police car, being arrested for being a e – what the hell?

The car drove away from the mansion and I could only cry – unsure of what was going on. Tzuyu seemed to try to come after the car but her mother dragged her back in the house.

 

I shook the thoughts out of my head. There was no way such a thing could happen right? I’m probably just overthinking things right?

I sighed deeply and slipped my hand in Tzuyu’s, drifting off to sleep as well. The flight was long and tiring.

 

We hired a taxi to go to Tzuyu’s house from the airport. It wasn’t very far from the airport, about fifteen minutes.

Tzuyu’s parents weren’t home when we got there; a note was left on the fridge suggesting something about them having work late. I felt somewhat relieved that I didn’t have to deal with them yet. The nervousness in my stomach died down somewhat and I smiled at Tzuyu for the first time in the past two hours.

“Were you seriously that nervous?” She asked me, opening her arms for a hug.

“I’m still nervous, but just less than what I was initially.” I replied, sinking into her embrace.

“They’ll be coming home after a few hours so do you want to eat and get some rest? The plane ride was long already.” Tzuyu offered.

I nodded eagerly and trailed behind Tzuyu as she moved around the kitchen, watching her in awe as she took things out of her fridge and set it out to begin cooking.

I don’t even remember the last time she cooked! She came home later than me from work so I always had dinner ready by the time she was there. There were some rare occasions where she did cook and those were the best moments.

“What are you making?” I asked her, putting my chin on her shoulder and looking over at her chopping some onions.

“Hmm? I’m making Bulgogi. You told me you liked it once.” She replied, smiling.

I could eat anything Tzuyu makes anyway; she was that good at cooking.

I ate quickly, gobbling down the delicious food and getting scolded by Tzuyu as well in the process.

“If you eat that quick, you’ll get indigestion!” She scolded, pulling rice from the corner of my lips.

“Well, you make food so nicely so I just want to eat it quickly!” I responded, sticking out my tongue.

We went upstairs and changed, climbing into the bed quickly as we could feel the tiredness hit us. I snuggled into Tzuyu’s embrace as she ran her fingers through my locks, making me fall asleep quicker than I realised.

I woke up without the Tzuyu’s presence and heard some loud noises in the kitchen. I headed downstairs quietly to see what was going on.

“How could you bring such shame to the family Tzuyu? A girl? Really?” A tall figure scolded.

“It doesn’t matter. I love her Dad. Please, accept us.” She begged.

“What will the people say Tzuyu?” Her Dad asked.

“I don’t care about anyone else Dad! She’s all that matters to me. If you don’t want to accept me then you might as well have no daughter at all!” She screamed, walking off.

 

When I woke up, Tzuyu was already awake and watching something on the mini screens in front of her. She looked so cute when she watched things intently and with concentration. Her eyebrows were furrowed while she was watching, indicating that she was confused. She turned her head towards me and the frown immediately dropped, replaced with a heart racing smile.

“When did you wake up?” I asked her.

“Not too long ago gorgeous. You looked tired so I didn’t want to wake you up.” She replied.

I smiled and sat up as the food trolley was heading closer to our aisle.

“Tzuyu… I’m scared.” I whispered.

I thought that I had said it out of her earshot but she whipped her head up towards me and pulled my chin to face her. I couldn’t look her in the eyes.

“Why are you nervous? You know I’ll be there with you no matter what.” She said gently.

“What if they don’t like me? That they think I’m not good enough for you?” I whispered.

“If I love you so much, I know they will too. I promise I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” She replied, squeezing my hand gently.

I nodded, still feeling uneasy but nevertheless, a little less nervous. Maybe eating some food will make me feel better.

The pilot announced that they were descending and I swear I could feel the butterflies attacking my stomach again. I looked out the window, observing the beautiful city that was starting to become visible.

I tried to calm myself down. If I love Tzuyu then nothing should matter anyway. I turned to look at her, surprised she had her eyes shut tight as the wheels were released from the plane. I rubbed her knuckles that were turning white from holding on so tight and she loosened her hold a little bit. She opened her eyes slightly and she gave me a smile that didn’t quite look real. It was her first flight in a while so she was nervous.

The plane touched down and I took Tzuyu’s hands in mine, trying to ease off her discomfort. She was slightly pale since the landing and a little dazed. The cabin crew allowed us to unbuckle or seatbelts and I saw Tzuyu fumble with hers so I helped her out. I didn’t say anything, just held her hand, giving it a light squeeze.

Once we got off the plane, I seated her in front of a cafeteria and bought a bottle of water for her. Damn airport costs are like double the normal prices.

“Thank you Sana Unnie! I’m feeling a lot better now.” Said Tzuyu, kissing my cheek and taking my hand in hers as we headed to pick our bags and leave the airport.

We took a taxi there, Tzuyu said something along the lines of her parents not being home or something similar.

Oh please don’t let me be able to predict the future. Please tell me that the scenarios were in my head and not going to be real.

“Unnie?” Tzuyu broke me out of my thoughts. “Are you okay?”

“Oh, yes I am. Don’t worry.” I replied, ruffling her hair.

“Unnieeee! I just fixed my hair!” She pouted.

I only laughed and that made Tzuyu smile.

“You finally laughed Unnie!” She teased.

She was trying to make me laugh? Where did I find this girl? She’s too good to be true.

I scoffed and tried being sad again, getting poked in my ribs, ensuing in a tickle fight.

“Okay, okay! I give up!” Tzuyu squealed.

She was more ticklish than I was so I always won our fights anyway.

I leaned my head on her shoulder and she snuck a kiss on my forehead, laughing as she did so and I pinched her ribs.

“Unnieee! Why do you never let me win!” She pouted again.

“Because, then I get to do this.” I answered, landing a kiss on her lips.

“I never knew you were such a ert Unnie.” She teased.

“Who are you calling a ert! We’ll see if you can live without kissing me for a week!” I rebutted.

Tzuyu’s eyes immediately went wide as she realised what I had just said.

“I’m sorry for teasing you Unnie! I promise I won’t tease you about it again!” She apologised, giving me her puppy eyes which always made me weak.

Before I could reply, the taxi driver asked for our attention, saying we reached our destination.

“Uh Tzuyu, when were you going to tell me you lived in a mansion?” I asked, shocked by the beautiful home.

Holy – the house was just like I pictured in the first scenario. Dear God – do you really want me to suffer that much? I’m sorry for all the times I’ve lied or done something wrong in my life. I will give money to the poor and I won’t take anything for granted. Please, don’t make my scenario real.

“You never asked me Unnie.” She answered, paying the taxi driver as I got out of the car.

I was still in awe of the house – or should I call it a castle?

My palms were getting sweaty now that I was getting closer to the door. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down again.

The door opened and a young man was visible, bowing at us both as we entered.

“Please come in Lady Tzuyu.” He welcomed.

“Thank you Mr Lee. You know that you can just call me Tzuyu.” Tzuyu replied.

Why was this scene so familiar? The only thing that was different was the fact that a lady greeted us instead of a man. Argh! I’m really going crazy.

“Why are you so quiet Unnie? You know you don’t have to be nervous.” Tzuyu said to me.

“I was just looking around your house; I’m not nervous.” I lied.

Tzuyu smiled at my words and lead me to another massive room.

“Mum, Dad, I’m home!” Tzuyu shouted.

A rush of feet was heard before they both came into view, looking rather flustered and red.

“You guys can’t be serious! This is a great way to introduce my girlfriend to you two!” Tzuyu snickered.

I laughed at her words before I turned my head towards Tzuyu’s parents and bowed.

“Hello, my name is Minatozaki Sana.” I greeted.

“Gir-girlfriend?” Mrs Chou stuttered.

“Yes, Mum, girlfriend. The girl I’ve been talking to you about for the past few weeks on the phone?” Tzuyu replied.

I blushed at the fact that she talked to her Mum about me.

“Sweetie, why don’t you show Sana around while we get the food ready.” Mr Chou said to Tzuyu.

Tzuyu simply nodded, a little confused with her Mum’s reaction but nevertheless excited to show me around her house.

“Let’s go Unnie.” She said, pulling me along and giving me a huge smile.

“How do you even keep this place in check?” I asked, looking at the massive amount of rooms visible.

Tzuyu chuckled before answering. “Well, that’s why we need the hired help. The house was handed down from my Mum’s parents and they didn’t want to sell it so they kept it.”

“Which one was your room?” I asked, curious.

I almost cried out in laughter when I walked in her room. The walls were pink. PINK.

“Don’t laugh Unnie!” Tzuyu pouted.

“You must’ve really…loved pink.” I teased.

“Unnieeee ~” She only said, slightly frustrated with my teasing.

“Oh, these are your baby photos!” I picked an album off before Tzuyu could stop me.

“NO DON’T LOOK!” She shouted as I opened the album.

“You were so cute!” I squealed when I saw her pictures.

“What do you mean were?” She accused.

“You were cute but now you’re cuter.” I said, pinching her cheeks and earning a toothy grin from Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu dear, come down and eat something.” Mr Chou announced.

I was getting nervous again now. After Mrs Chou’s reaction to Tzuyu telling her I was her girlfriend, I wasn’t sure if they would accept me.

“Don’t worry Unnie. Mum will love you.” She read my thoughts, leaving a kiss on my forehead as we headed downstairs.

I sat next to Tzuyu, her parents sitting opposite us.

Mr Chou cleared his throat before he nudged Mrs Chou.

“Oh, right. I’m sorry for what happened earlier Sana dear. I was a little lost so I didn’t greet you well. I was simply lost in the moment. Thank you for having the patience to date this daughter of mine. She can be quite stubborn at times and sometimes pure evil.” Mrs Chou started.

“Mum! That’s not fair!” Tzuyu complained.

“– But even though she can be annoying sometimes, she’s a great child. I would be more than honoured to see you dating my daughter. She needs someone to keep her grounded.” She continued, winking at me.

Tzuyu squeezed my hand as they allowed us to date each other. It all worked out after all.

Thank you God for not making my scenarios true. Do I really have to be good now though?

Tzuyu was about to kiss me on the table before her Mum shouted. “NO PDA ON THE DINNER TABLE CHOU TZUYU!”

“But Mum, you and Dad use to do it all the time!” Tzuyu pouted.

Tzuyu’s parents blushed at their daughter’s words and quietened instead. Once they were finished eating, Tzuyu took Sana to their room, both tired from the flight and activities for the day.

“I told you it’ll be okay.” Said Tzuyu, snuggling against my shoulder.

“I was just nervous. I couldn’t really help myself. I thought of so many scenarios.” I answered truthfully.

I’m doing this for you God!

“There was no need to be nervous!” Tzuyu exclaimed.

“Oh really? Wait until you have to meet my parents!” I teased.

“NOOOO! I believe you!” Tzuyu replied.

I left a kiss on her forehead and we both fell asleep in the next few minutes, the trip catching up on our bodies.


A/N: I hope you like it ~ I might do a part two to this about Tzuyu meeting Sana's parents but I'm not sure yet xD

Do drop down any ideas you want me to write about!