Practice Harder

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

Tzuyu woke up earlier than all the other members, eating her breakfast and leaving a note on the dorm fridge about her going to practice early. No one was going to be awake for at least three hours so she could focus and give it her all until someone came to check up on her. She was glad that they had the rest of the week free before they had their next schedule. Tzuyu needed time to pull herself back up. She left the dorm with one of their managers and thanked them, knowing very well that the time was inconvenient for them to be doing things other than sleeping.

The clock in the practice room indicated it was merely 5am. Tzuyu had an overwhelming negative feeling in her stomach from seeing so many negative comments on their videos and articles. The mere comments broke her heart and she wanted to prove them wrong. She often thought about her role in the group – it was a common thing. It wasn’t so much that she wanted to be praised by others but she wanted to know if she was doing a good job as being part of the group. That she was fulfilling her role as a member in the group.

She closed her eyes as she recalled every single comment that she’d read about herself not being good enough. Tzuyu wasn’t going to break down at the sight of those comments. She was going to use them to make herself stronger. She was going to practice harder and harder. Letting those comments get to her was what the people wanted but she wasn’t going to give in. Tzuyu played her song on the stereo, placing it on repeat before she got into position.

The girl had no idea how long she was dancing, sweat had started to form on her forehead about 15 minutes into her routine and she was currently soaked. She focussed on making each move precise, ensuring that there weren’t any faults with her performance. Each time she practiced, she found that she’d stuff something up. She would mix up the moves or forget to change her position. She was growing overly frustrated with herself. Why couldn’t she do a single thing right? How was she meant to prove herself worthy of being in the group if she couldn’t even get the dance moves right? She screamed in frustration before sliding down one of the glass mirrors, taking a break.

Just why couldn’t she be complimented for the fact that she made a difference in the group? She didn’t want comments about her looks or her style. She wanted compliments on her performance. To not get any positive remarks about her performance surely meant something? She wasn’t good enough. She had to try harder.

Thinking that talking out loud would help, Tzuyu motivated herself to push on. Unaware to her, the other members had arrived at the practice room after seeing the note on the fridge. They’d also heard her outburst and all looked at each other with confusion. Though, out of them all, one person was fairly disappointed in the fact that Tzuyu hadn’t come to her to talk about these things and was pushing herself more than necessary.

“Let me talk to her. You guys need to disappear somehow otherwise Tzuyu will be pissed that you’ve all heard her. Shoo!” Sana whispered, pushing the members away.

“But–”

“She’s right. Sana is the only who can talk to Tzuyu anyway. Whatever we say will fall on deaf ears. We’ll head back to the dorm instead and tell the managers that you’re staying back with Tzuyu.” Nayeon cut off.

Sana smiled at the eldest and nodded, the members all waving goodbye and walking away as she took a deep breath before she entered the practice room. Tzuyu seemed to be so engrossed in her dancing that she hadn’t realised that Sana had slipped inside the room. She watched Tzuyu with much fascination and adoration. The girl moved with such simplicity that never failed to surprise Sana. She could tell Tzuyu was tired but she wasn’t stopping and that was really worrying Sana. How long had she already been going like this? Deciding to put an end to her practice, Sana moved over to the speaker and stopped the music, a glare coming her way from Tzuyu as she did so. Tzuyu’s gaze softened when she realised it was her girlfriend who’d stopped it. Sana indicated for Tzuyu to come towards her and Sana chuckled at the pout that was visible on Tzuyu’s face.

She pulled out a cold bottle of water from her bag, breaking the seal before she handed it to Tzuyu. The latter smiled in gratitude, gulping the water down to quench a thirst she didn’t know existed.

“How long?” Sana asked.

“I don’t know. I lost track of time.” Tzuyu said softly.

“Tzuyu. What time?” Sana asked again sternly.

“Since 5am.” Tzuyu whispered.

Sana’s eyes widened at her answer. Tzuyu had been at it for about six hours now, the time being almost 11am.

“Did you take any breaks?” Sana questioned.

“One or two.” Tzuyu answered.

As much as Sana wanted to scold Tzuyu, she had no right to. Tzuyu hadn’t come to her to talk about her own thoughts and she didn’t want her to be uncomfortable knowing that Sana already heard everything. She wanted to hear it from the girl herself.

“Sit in front of me.” Sana suggested, indicating with her head. Tzuyu looked at her in confusion but sat in between Sana’s legs, back facing her. Sana immediately reached out for Tzuyu’s shoulders, rolling them backwards and pushing out the tension from her muscles.

“What’s on your mind Tzuyu? Don’t tell me it’s nothing because that frown seems to be a permanent feature on your forehead right now.” Sana muttered.

Tzuyu sighed heavily but gave in, knowing that Sana wouldn’t give up asking. After all, she needed to talk to someone about it. These thoughts were a constant thing in her head and if she didn’t talk to someone about it, it would affect her mindset.

“I know we talked about this before but I can’t help myself and still think about it. After what happened at ISAC, the several times I’ve said the wrong thing, the number of mistakes I make when I perform – all those comments are really true.” Tzuyu mumbled.

Sana frowned, letting go of Tzuyu’s shoulders as she moved to sit in front of her girlfriend. Tzuyu was looking down and fiddling with her fingers. Sana cupped her jaw and placed a kiss on Tzuyu’s forehead, not letting her look down.

“Tzuyu, baby, everyone makes mistakes. I let slip a lot of things when we go on shows or have lives but I don’t hold on to them. No one is perfect and no one can be; we’re only human – we’re bound to make mistakes. You’re amazing at what you do and your presence in this group is needed. You complete us.” Sana said softly.

Tzuyu whimpered, crying softly at Sana’s words. Sana pulled Tzuyu into her embrace, hugging her tightly as she continued to sob on her shoulder. Once the cries turned into sniffles, Sana broke the hug, giving Tzuyu a big smile.

“How about some ice-cream?” Sana offered, making Tzuyu smile immediately.

“Thanks Unnie.” Tzuyu sniffled.

“As long as you don’t tell the others we sneaked out to eat ice-cream, we’ll be good.” Sana chuckled, winking at Tzuyu and kissing her forehead before she pulled her off the practice room floor. She intertwined their hands together as they headed to the nearest ice-cream parlour.

Tzuyu couldn’t be more grateful for such an amazing girlfriend who knows exactly what she wants and Sana was glad that her girlfriend opened up to her, even if she wanted to keep it in.

“Baby, please don’t overwork yourself okay? I know you want to work hard but next time you want to go to practice, take someone with you. You know what, just come and take me with you. I don’t care if you wake me up, just – I don’t want you practicing on your own.” Sana pleaded.

“Sure Unnie.” Tzuyu blushed, looking away.

She’d do anything to make Sana happy like she did with her. 


A/N: This plot is common in my oneshots but I like it anyway.... hehe
We finally got some SaTzu today and I'm so happy ~
Plus, #TT10thWin and a triple crown!
Anyways, hope you liked this repetitive chapter :D
Sorry for any typos!

One last thing, if anyone has any ideas for plots, do let me know!
I might have lost track of some suggestions but don't hesitate to drop a plot below!