Adopting

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

“I want to adopt a puppy.” Sana spoke out her thoughts to her friends.

“You want to adopt a dog? Are you crazy?” Nayeon scoffed.

“No! Look, I’m always lonely here and it would always be nice to have some company!” Sana explained her point.

“How will you even care for it? What are you going to feed it?” Jeongyeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’ll figure it out!” Sana exclaimed.

“Where are you even going to go?” Asked Nayeon.

“Why are you guys asking so many questions. I’ll be going to the local pet shelter.” Sana answered.

“If you think you’re ready for a responsibility, then sure.” Nayeon said.

Sana decided to visit the shelter after her friends left. She cleared up her apartment, going to the local store to buy simple supplies for now. She drove to the shelter, parking her car and heading out. Part of what her friends had said was lingering in her mind. She’s wanted a puppy since she was a young child and now she could finally get one.

She was greeted with barking as soon as she entered, hearing a muffled husky voice trying to calm them down. Sana looked around, looking for someone to talk to. She walked towards the reception area, ringing an ancient bell that had a middle aged man running to her.

“Hi there, how can I help you?” The man greeted.

“I was looking to adopt a puppy.” Sana answered.

“Ah, come with me.” The man said, walking towards the barking. “Tzuyu! Come help this young lady here.” He shouted over the barking.

“Coming Sir!” The husky voice replied.

“Tzuyu is a volunteer here at the shelter. She’ll help you with the dogs and their personalities. Once you’re ready, just ring that bell at the front and I’ll get the paperwork ready for you.” The man said, pointing to a figure approaching.

Sana held in her breath as she saw the owner of that husky voice. A totally different version of tall, dark and handsome (A/N: I’m not calling Tzuyu dark skinned here). Tzuyu approached her with a dorky smile, blinding Sana with her cute dimples. Oh my god she’s so cute!

“Hi, I’m Tzuyu.” She greeted, holding out her hand for Sana to shake.

“Sana.” She replied, lending out her hand. Even her hand is so soft.

“Were you looking for a breed in particular?” Tzuyu asked as she led Sana to the puppies.

“No, not looking for anything in specific.” Sana answered, looking at the cute puppies. She leaned down, petting them. Out of them all, one specifically caught Sana’s eyes. It seemed to be by itself, curled into a ball and lazily observing the active puppies. Sana’s heart melted when it looked up at her. Its eyes had a twinge of sadness but were still adorable and the ears were so fluffy, Sana was squealing internally. She reached out to pet it and it immediately nuzzled against her hand. She knew she’d found the right dog in that moment.

Tzuyu smiled as she realised Sana’s focus was on the white and brown Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She was actually quite surprised the puppy was quiet today. He’s usually full of energy, jumping around and causing chaos occasionally. She’d named him Minjoong.

Minjoong immediately sniffed Sana’s hand as she reached out for him. He nuzzled his head against Sana’s and Tzuyu was left shocked. Despite Minjoong’s active personality, he rarely let strangers pet him yet he was doing it himself. Tzuyu watched on in admiration as Sana giggled and laughed while playing with Minjoong. She knew Sana had found the right puppy for herself.

“Does it have a name?” Sana asked, looking into Tzuyu’s chocolate brown eyes,

“His name is Minjoong and he’s 8 months old.” Tzuyu answered.

“He’s absolutely adorable.” Sana whispered, completely smitten with the ball of fluff.

“Minjoong is a very active dog. He’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. His life span is approximately 9-15 years. They adapt well to apartments and are super friendly with trusted people. They are indoor dogs and are suited to staying inside your house or apartment. They’re highly sensitive, meaning they can’t be in noisy environments. They’re quite easy to groom and take care of, they don’t shed much. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s are great companion dogs.” Tzuyu advised.

Sana was multi-tasking; both staring at Tzuyu and trying to listen to what she was saying at the same time. She loved the way the girl’s eyes lit up when she was talking about the puppy.

“They’re quite attached and they don’t like leaving you so you might find Minjoong curled up next to you in your bed.” Tzuyu chuckled. “Yelling at him makes him quite upset so treat incentives are useful when you’re training him as well. He’s been tested and injected with a few injections. Make sure to go to your local vet to organise a plan for vaccinations and any other questions you have.”

“How did you know that I’d want Minjoong?” Sana asked.

“Your eyes speak louder than you think it does.” Tzuyu winked, making Sana blush deeply. AH! WHY DID SHE WINK ASDFGHJKL!

“Can I adopt him then?” Sana asked, still slightly flustered.

“Of course, I’ll go inform Nichkhun.” Tzuyu said excitedly, jogging away.

Sana filled up the paperwork easily, gleaming as she signed the form. Tzuyu had provided her with a temporary kennel for the drive home. She was given a website to refer to for extra information about the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel; Tzuyu also gave Sana her number for “emergency situations” yet it felt like it wasn’t the true reason. Sana had messaged Tzuyu as soon as she had left the building.

She immediately set out a bowl of dog food and water for Minjoong when she got home, placing it in front of the kitchen counter. Sana picked Minjoong up out of the kennel, nuzzling him before setting him down. Her mind was still in shock; she’d adopted an absolutely adorable dog and also met an absolutely cute girl.

Minjoong grew little by little as each month passed. She’d visited a vet and organised the details about him with the veterinarian. She’d messaged Tzuyu countless times, realising they both in fact, went to the same university. What was also weird was that Sana actually saw Tzuyu around on campus and in two of her classes. How had they both never met before? After classes, the two usually headed out for coffee or lunch, slowly getting to know each other.

Sana always came home with a huge smile on her face, knowing she had someone waiting for her. She doted on Minjoong like nothing else; even her friends were surprised. They were all smitten by Minjoong too, a real charmer, the puppy. As Tzuyu said, Minjoong never left Sana’s side. She’d basically moved his bed into her room so that he wouldn’t come in and curl himself next to her bed.

It was when Minjoong whining on a late night that Sana’s heart broke into little pieces. She’s always seen the puppy happy and running around that when he was quiet, Sana was really worried. She immediately decided to take him to the local vet despite the crazy weather outside, praying to god that they were still open.

She pounded on their door, soaked from the rain outside; the lights seemed switched off inside yet there was a car parked outside. A minute later, the door was opened and Tzuyu was absolutely shocked to see a very distraught Sana holding Minjoong. She was studying veterinarian science and was currently helping out at her dad’s clinic.

Tzuyu ushered Sana inside, taking Minjoong into her arms and carrying him to a table.

“What’s wrong with him?” Tzuyu asked worriedly.

“I–I don’t know what happened. I went to shower and came back to hear him whining and I–I didn’t know what to do so I rushed here and–” Sana tried to explain, hyperventilating as she struggled to breathe.

“Sana, breathe. It’ll be okay. I’ll check him.” Tzuyu comforted, looking around for the right tools and making Sana sit down. She realised Sana was shivering and she pulled out a spare shirt she had in her bag, handing it over to her. “Change into this; you’ll catch a cold.”

Sana blushed, taking Tzuyu’s shirt and mumbling a series of thanks to her. Tzuyu had to use all her effort to look away, Minjoong looking up at her with curiosity.

“I wasn’t staring at her. Stop looking at me like that.” Tzuyu mumbled.

Minjoong had something lodged in his teeth, causing a lot of pain. It seemed to be an ordinary bone. By the time Sana had come back, he had fallen asleep and Tzuyu had removed the lodged item. Sana came to stand next to Tzuyu; her ash coloured wet hair was sticking to her face and making her look absolutely beautiful. Tzuyu explained what happened to Minjoong and handed her a jar with the bone in it.

“I expected the clinic to be closed.” Sana stated.

“It was meant to be. I was just closing up.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I made you stay back!” Sana apologised.

“No worries. It’s okay.” Tzuyu smiled, showing off her dimple again. Ugh, her dimples can kill.

“You know, I still don’t know how I see you in my science classes. How do you know so much about pets?” Sana asked.

“Ah, I’m studying veterinarian science. This is my dad’s building. I’ve picked up some extra science electives.” Tzuyu replied, scratching the back of her head.

“But I’ve never seen you here.” Sana pouted.

“That’s because I’m only in on two days in the week. Other days I’m volunteering at the shelter instead.” Tzuyu explained.

“Then I’ll come along on the days you’re here then.” Sana bluntly said, making Tzuyu choke on the water she was drinking.

Sana chuckled, her hair falling across her face. Unconsciously, Tzuyu pushed Sana’s hair behind her ear, brushing her thumb against the apple of her cheek.

“You’re beautiful.” Tzuyu mumbled, making Sana blush beetroot.

Minjoong barked at that moment, breaking the slight awkwardness between the two of them. Sana chuckled, picking him up in her hands and heading outside, Tzuyu tailing behind. She was meant to close up and head home anyway.

“So I was wondering, if you weren’t busy on Thursday, if you’d like to go out for dinner?” Tzuyu courageously asked.

“I’ll check and get back to you.” Sana replied, smiling widely.

“O-oh, y-yeah. Of course.” Tzuyu stuttered, blushing.

Sana sat in the car, starting it up and shooting Tzuyu a message, who was already seated in her car.

It’s a date.

She chuckled as she saw Tzuyu dance in her car. She was looking forward to seeing her on Thursday.


A/N: Uh.... what did I just write

It was meant to be cute and fluffy but idk it didn't turn out like I thought it would

Hope you like it though ~

Maybe I'll be writing a sequel to this about their date....

Let me know if I should xD

P.S: I'm in love with that puppy!!!

THE EYES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL