Cliché

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: Sequel to Adopting


Call her gutsy, but Tzuyu had asked Sana out on a date for Valentine’s day. It was such a spur of the moment decision and the words just tumbled out of outside the clinic. She’d set her heart on disappointment, expecting to be rejected but Sana surprised her by saying yes instead. When she suggested Thursday, Tzuyu already had her mind on the romantic cliché date.

Even though she’d had an entire week to prepare for her date, it still felt like it wasn’t enough. Tzuyu was absolutely nervous. Staring at her room ceiling, she pondered if everything would go to plan the next day. Would she be able to give Sana the perfect date? Would things go as planned? It was initially meant to be a dinner date but Tzuyu had other plans.

She requested to be the one to pick Sana up at 4pm rather than the typical dinner time at 6pm instead. Was it a good idea to pick her up so early? What if she lost track of time? Tzuyu really wanted their date to go well. Ridding her doubtful thoughts from her mind, Tzuyu closed her eyes, hoping to finally get some sleep.

You know that feeling when you wake up before your alarm because you sense it’s going to go off any minute? Well Tzuyu had that feeling three times in the night, eventually growing frustrated and getting up and out of her bed. She decided to go with getting a bunch of flowers and chocolate first. After all, it was meant to be cliché.

Valentine’s day usually means roses but Tzuyu felt like she wanted to start off with something a little more special than that. Cliché can be fun but cliché can also be annoying and she didn’t want the later to be the case. Of course, the florist had immediately suggested the overpriced roses but when Tzuyu shook her head, she could’ve sworn the florist smiled a tiny bit.

She headed towards the back of the store, leaving Tzuyu confused as to where she went. The florist came back a few minutes later with a bunch of faded purple flowers.

“I see you’re looking for something different. These are Heathers – they symbolise admiration and beauty. I had a special bunch come in. This bunch is artificially made but it also has a diminishing life. I’ll pair it up roses so it’s still like a Valentine’s day set of flowers.” She explained, smiling as Tzuyu’s eyes lit up in appreciation.

“Thank you. They look absolutely beautiful.” Tzuyu complimented as she was handed the flowers.

“You can pick up a card or a teddy bear as well if you like.” The florist added.

“What’s Valentine’s day without the cheesy card and cuddly bear?” Tzuyu chuckled, pointing to a teddy bear holding a be mine heart. She moved over to the cards, scoffing at the overload of cheesiness that were written inside.

Her eyes immediately set on one that she giggled at. Thinking that it was the most relatable one of the collection, she chose it. A cute puppy on the front captioned with hot dog, you’re cute! The florist giggled too, commending Tzuyu for her good choice. Tzuyu thanked her again, heading back to her house with the flowers in one hand and the teddy bear under her right arm.

She had two hours before she left the house, thinking that she shouldn’t dress up last minute. Knowing her, she’d pull all the clothes out of her wardrobe to find something that was supposedly appropriate. And boy was she right. It took an hour of deliberation to pick out something that she appreciated for the occasion. Why did she have so many useless things in her closet?

Tzuyu was ready in half hour, out of the door with the flowers and the teddy. Damn, the butterflies had attacked her stomach and she couldn’t feel more nervous about it. Her heart felt like it was going to burst out of its chest and her palms were sweaty. She wasn’t even outside Sana’s house yet and she was in this condition, what will she be like later?

Arriving at Sana’s place five minutes prior to their meeting time, Tzuyu was calmer than she thought she’d be. It seemed to be because it was finally happening – she was actually going to take Sana out on a date in less than five minutes. She’d never expected herself to have the guts to ask her out when she’d come to the clinic that day but here she was, flowers and bear in her hand.

Smoothing her shirt one last time, Tzuyu knocked on the wooden door of Sana’s apartment. The door opened a few seconds later and Tzuyu had the air knocked out of her lungs at the sight of Sana opening the door. She was sure was hanging open and Sana blushed at the reaction. Shaking herself out of her stupor, she blushed herself, passing the flowers and teddy over to her.

“These are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for them Tzuyu.” Sana said with sincerity, kissing Tzuyu’s cheek. She blushed crimson, fanning her face to cool herself down. “I’ll just put these in a vase. You can step in for a few minutes if that’s okay? I’m sure Minjoong would love to see you.” Sana giggled, opening the door wider to let Tzuyu in.

As Sana said, Minjoong came running to Tzuyu’s feet and she couldn’t help but coo over the sight. Tzuyu picked him up, talking to him and petting him as Sana placed the flowers in a vase. “How are you, champ?” Tzuyu asked Minjoong, who only wagged his tail and stuck out his tongue in glee. “I see, you’re having heaps of fun here right?” She giggled, a bark released in confirmation.

“Shall we go?” Sana asked, smiling as Tzuyu blushed and sat up.

“Of course.” Tzuyu replied, jogging out of the door. She headed towards her car, opening the door for Sana before she slipped inside.

“So, where are we going?” Sana asked, clapping her hands.

“I hope you don’t mind an early dinner. It’s just that I wanted to do something afterwards instead.” Tzuyu said, biting her lip in worry.

“I don’t mind at all. I prefer eating earlier anyway.” Sana replied, calming Tzuyu down a tenfold. She smiled in gratitude, driving towards the local restaurant she’d reserved seats for them at.

The air between them wasn’t awkward but it was quiet. Tzuyu had fumbled for the power button of the radio, groaning inwardly as the first song that played seemed to be Michael Buble. It was a day filled with love, there was no doubt they’d play his songs on the radio. Sana bit back a smile at Tzuyu’s discomfort, knowing the atmosphere between them was changing.

Tzuyu proceeded to jump out of her seat and open Sana’s door as they reached the restaurant, a blush on Sana’s cheeks because of the simple gesture. They walked inside and Sana was amazed with the décor of the place. They’d done well to suit the theme of the day, swapping their usual neon lights with warm ones.

Sana frowned as they moved past the main area of the restaurant. Where exactly were they headed? A gasp slipped out of Sana’s lips as they were guided outside of the restaurant; a special set up for the day. She could only look around in wonder and Tzuyu felt so happy with the fact that this was able to make Sana speechless.

As the time passed by, Tzuyu grew more comfortable with Sana than before. They caught up on their not so interesting university life and had moved past to discuss interests. The two casually flirted with each other, compliments or Tzuyu’s cheesy pick up lines – either way the two of them had a constant blush on their faces as they ate their dinner together.

They left the restaurant with a change in the conversations between them. Slight touches, arms brushing against each other, subtle smiles – the dinner had changed things so quickly.

“There’s just one more place I wanted to take you.” Tzuyu said, smiling at Sana’s eagerness to know where.

They’d driven for an hour approximately and Sana had found herself surprised by Tzuyu once again with the choice of destination. She’d been driven to the beach, another side of it that she’d never been to before. She hadn’t realised Tzuyu had left the car for a few moments, realising only when she’d been nudged by her as she pointed to a blanket on the grass.

“Come on. We’ll miss it otherwise.” Tzuyu chuckled, unconsciously slipping her hand through Sana’s as she pulled her to the blanket she’d put down.

The sunset.

That’s what Tzuyu wanted to show her and god, it was stunning. Sana glanced at Tzuyu for a moment, her eyes were on the horizon and a small smile present as she watched on. The sky was looking rather red than it usually did, a beauty in its own words. She shivered a little bit and Tzuyu had immediately slipped her jacket off, placing it over Sana’s shoulders.

“I didn’t expect it to be so cold.” Tzuyu admitted, blush creeping on her cheeks in embarrassment.

“It doesn’t matter. I can use you as warmth anyway.” Sana mumbled, shuffling closer to Tzuyu. She was shocked with the sudden boldness but went along with it, placing her arms around Sana’s shoulders.

Tzuyu hesitantly slipped her fingers through Sana’s, looking away so she wouldn’t get teased about it. Sana giggled, landing a kiss on Tzuyu’s cheek and making her blush even more than she was already. Tzuyu brushed her thumb across Sana’s palm and Sana leant her head on her shoulder. She was in a bliss of her own at the events of the day.

“Thank you. Today was beautiful.” Sana mumbled.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Tzuyu chuckled, helping Sana get up as the sun had completely set on the horizon. The drive back to Sana’s apartment was quiet again but the two of them were still holding hands. Sana couldn’t find it in herself to let go and she didn’t know why. Tzuyu was in the same line of thought, holding on tighter as they got closer to her place.

Tzuyu dropped Sana by the door, nervousness coming up all over again. Does she just say bye? Hug her? Kiss her cheek? She didn’t want to back out of her plan for today and she didn’t want to end things on a bad note. She wasn’t about to let Sana go after the amazing day they’d had – she knew Sana enjoyed it as much as she did.

As the two looked at each other for most likely the final time of the night, a smile on both of their faces, Tzuyu did what she planned to do. She shuffled closer to Sana slowly, a hand resting on her waist as their forehead touched. The two of them were looking down, blushing at how things had changed in the day amongst the two.

“Can I kiss you?” Tzuyu asked, voice unwavering.

“Yes.” Sana whispered, closing the distance between the two of them.

Tzuyu placed a finger under Sana’s chin, moving to cup her cheeks as Sana looped her arms around Tzuyu’s neck. They broke apart moments later, Sana leaning her forehead against Tzuyu’s chest. She could feel her rapid heartbeat that was mirroring her own. “I think you should come inside actually.” Sana added, a giggle from Tzuyu’s lips being the confirmation she needed.

And Tzuyu was glad – glad that her cliché date also had its own cliché ending.


A/N: Hi everyone~
So I made sure that I updated today because it's Valentine's day and what's better than writing a SaTzu oneshot?

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update~
My writer's block is crazy at the moment.

I hope you liked this sequel ^^

I apologise for any typos ⚆ _ ⚆